Renown Health Employee Reviews in United States

Management wears blinders
Technician Specialist (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 19, 2016
Worst job I ever had, and strangest place I ever worked, hands down. My direct supervisor had no clue how to manage people which created a lot of friction among staff. One coworker continually complained to management about the supervisor; and management did absolutely nothing. Things came to a head when the supervisor retaliated to get that coworker fired. HR decided to launch an investigation and I was called in to testify. I supported the coworker's claim and gave some negative but true information about the supervisor. Next thing I know I am fired for "lying", when all I did was tell the truth! Their so-called "investigation" was a sham as they obviously supported the supervisor. You couldn't make this stuff up. People were generally not too friendly either. Sooo glad to be working elsewhere now.
Pros
They supported training and education.
Cons
Live and die by the time clock, no exceptions.
Great Team
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 9, 2016
Typical day at work: Received back to back calls. What I learned: Show Caring, Intergrity, Collaboration and Excellence when answering each call! Management: A great place for great people to do great work. Your Co-Workers: learn to adjust and get along. The Hardest part of my job: types of calls we receive. The most enjoyable part of the job: Making my callers Smile!
Pros
Community Volunteering
Cons
Structure
Fun workplace and wonderful staff
Hospitalist RN (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 27, 2016
I have truly enjoyed Renown. The benefits are wonderful and the opportunity for growth is great.I was welcomed and able to start two program at Renown with open arms.
A great place to work
EMR Principal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 4, 2016
A typical day at work can consist of trouble shooting or training a class on how to use the computer system. Management at Renown has a great since of work/life balance. I've learned so much how implementing a new computer system throughout a hospital. The hardest part of my job can be the level of understanding that some individuals may bring when it comes to computers.
IT Asset Management (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVDecember 29, 2015
Renown Health is the best company to work for in Reno, NV. They are growing and have tremendous opportunity. They care about making the community strong and healthy. I love working for Renown. Superior technology. They are at the cutting edge in teleheath solutions. Everyone walks around with a positive attitude and smiles.
Pros
Growing in all aspects, Superior technology
Cons
Growing so fast sometimes short staffing
great careers opportunities
Insurance and Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 13, 2015
A typical day at work;
work our assign work queues, by our daily department workflow. Production goals and quality assurance are required to meet daily. I also work with Contract Management System to identify underpaid claims to be submitted back to payor for correct reimbursement. Complete detailed appeal of denial or payment variance to payor, incorporating contract terms, clinical or regulatory justification for reconsideration or additional reimbursement.

What I learn from this department is different payer contract's and procedures. The people I work with are awesome, a great team. Everyone is willing to help each other so we could meet our department monthly cash goal.

The most difficult part of my job are system issues. It is difficult to meet our daily goals when some of our systems were down. The most enjoyable part about my job is the people I work with and the schedule.
Pros
flexibles hours
Cons
they need better Training
Renown is a good place to work
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 27, 2015
I love helping customers and Renown provides excellent service for this particular area. They provide all the tools you need to do your job and also have advanced technology to take care of each patient
Pros
patient care
Cons
hourly
Great workplace environment, quality care
Ultrasound Technician (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 5, 2015
I appreciated the team I worked with, the development that could be achieved, and the quality of care that was distributed across the board.
Human Resources Customer Service Representative
Human Resources Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Reno, nvJune 27, 2015
o Answering employee concerns and questions via phone, email and in person.
o Completing verification of employment requests, security proxy reader access requests, identification card renewals, and archiving evaluations.
o Cataloging exception reports, changes in name, addresses and benefits.
o Aiding applicants through the application process. Providing customer service with a welcoming positive attitude
Pros
learned alot about healthcare
Cons
temporary
IT CUSTOMER SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 24, 2015
Renown Health is a good place to work. I like my co-workers and management. A typical day at work is answering phone calls from computer end users who are having problems. We either fix the problem via phone, remote control or in person.
Pros
Supervisor is liberal with hours
Cons
Micro managed
Dietary environment
Nutritional Representative (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 15, 2015
Job was fine, pay was marginal, management didn't seem active. A typical day included reviewing the meal preferences for each patient from the night before. Throughout the day, I would review the preferences and modify the meals to the patient's request.
Pros
Free Lunch
Possitive work place with room for advancement.
Digital Imaging Info Specialist (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVFebruary 12, 2015
Providing digital imaging information for ordering doctors. Print images on film, paper or burn to a CD. Upload images to our PACS system for the doctors to review. Assist with patients in ordering images to take to upcoming appointment. Answering incoming calls requesting digital imaging. Enjoyed working with my co-workers. We all worked very well together. We were a TEAM. Hardest part of the job was window leveling images per doctors request. Also being in charged of Tumor Board. Which involved putting together folders of imaging for upcoming conferences.
Most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers and helping our patients.
Pros
room for advancement
Cons
no breaks, equipment would break most of the time.
excelent company to work for
Transportation and Distribution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Reno NevadaJanuary 25, 2015
Renown is an amazing company to work for. The work is consistent and the pay is alright. I learned that you have to know someone in order to move up. Management isn't bad they are just overly concerned with budgets. My co workers are great but i am in an environment that functions best when everyone is there but unfortunately days off seem to happen more often than not. This is a labor intensive job so sometimes it can really wear you down. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you actually realize that you are making a difference in peoples lives because you are helping them.
Pros
benefits are unbeatable
Cons
short staffed, overtime pay is not worth the amount of work unless everyone is working overtime
my position is a great opportunity to help others but the scheduling demands are difficult to accommodate with a family.
Patient Financial Assistance (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 18, 2015
To start my day I begin by running the reports to see what new patients i will be interviewing that day. I then move forward to meeting with my patients for interviews and application completions. the remainder of my day is spend on documentation and follow up with prior patients in an effort to move tehir applications forward.
fast moving enviroment
Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 14, 2015
Rooming patients in a medical environment, doing vital signs splints injections and demographics
Did not enjoy my working experience at Renown
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVDecember 3, 2014
Renown does not know what the word INTEGRITY means...........
Exciting and Energetic Days
Individual and Small Group Medical Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 3, 2014
Every day was different and full of excitement. The staff was great as was the opportunities. Family like atmosphere with plenty of laughs and friendly competition.
Wonderful to work with patients
Surgical pre-admit assistant (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 6, 2014
Very fulfilling to work with patients on many different levels and in various departments. Never really felt like my job was secure, quotas and money stats are always a threat to your job. Not very compassionate or accommodating towards employees who become disabled or who begin having medical problems. Moving up in the company is more based on who you know and how much you keep your opinion to yourself and not experience or knowledge about the department and having ideas to grow.
Pros
helping the community
Cons
dificult to obtain higher level positions, fear of job security.
Medicaid - processed bad debts, set up payment plans, refund requests.
Client Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 16, 2014
Worked in customer service, billing, follow up. Learned to deal with every insurance company except Medicare and Work comp but have some knowledge in dealing with all other insurances. Management was good. Went through a lot during the 10 years there. Co-workers were always there to help.
Pros
discount on food. great benefits. increase in pay yearly.
Special Fondness.....
Senior Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 2, 2014
Renown is a wonderful place to work for. I have met extraordinary people in which i have become good friends with and others who are like family to me.

I say nothing is hard when you put your mind and heart into it. After a while you do it in your sleep.

Good times at Renown...Good Times. What can I say. I still bleed purple. :)
Pros
free lunch. fun events, team oriented
Cons
na