Renown Health Employee Reviews

A crazy hospital
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 12, 2017
Renown was a great place to start as a new grad, only because you are going to learn alot quickly. The staff (the other nurses) are supportive and will help.
Productive and fast paced work space
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Reno,NVFebruary 23, 2017
A typical day at the Renown Pregnancy Center would be rooming patients, taking vitals, reviewing and keeping charts up to date, administering injections, assisting in procedure with the physician, triage patients and monitor patient's with a nonstress test.
Great opportunites based on numerous healthcare initiatives
Information Technology (IT) (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVFebruary 20, 2017
Healthcare opportunities are endless. So many positions focusing on patient care and new programs associated with patient wellness. The CEO has a vision to improve Renown Health and it become a great hospital and organization.
Work at another hospital!!!!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVDecember 19, 2016
This place is horrible. They have the worst pay in all of the hospitals and nursing homes around. The management sucks. They are all young and need to take classes on how to be a manager. You can never get your job done because they are constantly understaffed. Patient load can often be in the 20s for CNA's and pts often require a high level of care. Management is so overbearing that you aren't able to get much done because you have to go through your shift making sure that you checked every last box. Nearly everyone here is worried about getting written up or fired and many are actively looking for other positions. I would recommend to any cnas to go work ANYWHERE besides renown. I personally am sick of being so overworked and so unappreciated.
Diverse outlook
Clinical Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVDecember 10, 2016
Most in the department where I work want you to advance and thrive where a select few in supervisory positions have issues. Overall it is a good place to work - the first I have known in the medical field to have Kudos (a system of pats on the back that go on your permanent record and gives you $1 to spend there on campus - given by co-workers and management). Co-workers are co-workers. Most try to work together to accomplish the goals and tasks at hand while some feel entitled and not willing to help - like most places. The benefits are not benefits. You will pay through the nose for medical ($466 for family JUST medical benefits - Full time. Part time you pay a higher amount) and that is if you are getting healthier every year. The pay is low as they are student and first time (no experience) friendly so the turn-around rate is fairly high.
Pros
Kudos system
Cons
Low pay.
Great Co-workers but no work/life balance
Ambulatory RN Workflow Epic Analyst (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVDecember 3, 2016
Great co-workers who make coming to work a pleasure. However, staff can expect to consistently exceed 40 hour weeks and therefore achieving a good work/life balance is difficult.
Pros
Offers experience in gaining project management and project lead experience
Cons
Benefits are expensive in comparison to other employers, and worklife balance is difficult to achieve
This was an okay place to work
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 30, 2016
I started in an entry level position and was able to consistently move ahead, which was good. Leadership changed and I felt this company became "top-heavy" with leaders, as in, more leaders than employees.
Large organization with many ways to advance
Patient Safety Assistant (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 31, 2016
Renown in a great organization that takes care of their employees. There is adequate training and benefits as well as other incentive programs.

Patient Safety Assistant is an entry level position in which you are responsible for keeping watch over patients under legal hold or on suicide watch. 12 hour shifts 3 days a week. Work space can vary in locations though out the hospital. There isn't much physical demand to the job it does require you to be alert for the better part of 12 hours with two 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch. Work environment can transition between quiet and hectic.
Pros
Work for a great organization with good benefits and room for progression
Cons
12 days of sitting in a chair
Management wears blinders
Technician Specialist (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 19, 2016
Worst job I ever had, and strangest place I ever worked, hands down. My direct supervisor had no clue how to manage people which created a lot of friction among staff. One coworker continually complained to management about the supervisor; and management did absolutely nothing. Things came to a head when the supervisor retaliated to get that coworker fired. HR decided to launch an investigation and I was called in to testify. I supported the coworker's claim and gave some negative but true information about the supervisor. Next thing I know I am fired for "lying", when all I did was tell the truth! Their so-called "investigation" was a sham as they obviously supported the supervisor. You couldn't make this stuff up. People were generally not too friendly either. Sooo glad to be working elsewhere now.
Pros
They supported training and education.
Cons
Live and die by the time clock, no exceptions.
Great Team
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 9, 2016
Typical day at work: Received back to back calls. What I learned: Show Caring, Intergrity, Collaboration and Excellence when answering each call! Management: A great place for great people to do great work. Your Co-Workers: learn to adjust and get along. The Hardest part of my job: types of calls we receive. The most enjoyable part of the job: Making my callers Smile!
Pros
Community Volunteering
Cons
Structure
My time at Renown
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVFebruary 8, 2016
My time at Renown was a great experience, but I am ready to take my skills that I have learned there to a different environment.
Fun workplace and wonderful staff
Hospitalist RN (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 27, 2016
I have truly enjoyed Renown. The benefits are wonderful and the opportunity for growth is great.I was welcomed and able to start two program at Renown with open arms.
A great place to work
EMR Principal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 4, 2016
A typical day at work can consist of trouble shooting or training a class on how to use the computer system. Management at Renown has a great since of work/life balance. I've learned so much how implementing a new computer system throughout a hospital. The hardest part of my job can be the level of understanding that some individuals may bring when it comes to computers.
IT Asset Management (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVDecember 29, 2015
Renown Health is the best company to work for in Reno, NV. They are growing and have tremendous opportunity. They care about making the community strong and healthy. I love working for Renown. Superior technology. They are at the cutting edge in teleheath solutions. Everyone walks around with a positive attitude and smiles.
Pros
Growing in all aspects, Superior technology
Cons
Growing so fast sometimes short staffing
great careers opportunities
Insurance and Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 13, 2015
A typical day at work;
work our assign work queues, by our daily department workflow. Production goals and quality assurance are required to meet daily. I also work with Contract Management System to identify underpaid claims to be submitted back to payor for correct reimbursement. Complete detailed appeal of denial or payment variance to payor, incorporating contract terms, clinical or regulatory justification for reconsideration or additional reimbursement.

What I learn from this department is different payer contract's and procedures. The people I work with are awesome, a great team. Everyone is willing to help each other so we could meet our department monthly cash goal.

The most difficult part of my job are system issues. It is difficult to meet our daily goals when some of our systems were down. The most enjoyable part about my job is the people I work with and the schedule.
Pros
flexibles hours
Cons
they need better Training
Renown is a good place to work
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 27, 2015
I love helping customers and Renown provides excellent service for this particular area. They provide all the tools you need to do your job and also have advanced technology to take care of each patient
Pros
patient care
Cons
hourly
Great workplace environment, quality care
Ultrasound Technician (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 5, 2015
I appreciated the team I worked with, the development that could be achieved, and the quality of care that was distributed across the board.
Human Resources Customer Service Representative
Human Resources Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Reno, nvJune 27, 2015
o Answering employee concerns and questions via phone, email and in person.
o Completing verification of employment requests, security proxy reader access requests, identification card renewals, and archiving evaluations.
o Cataloging exception reports, changes in name, addresses and benefits.
o Aiding applicants through the application process. Providing customer service with a welcoming positive attitude
Pros
learned alot about healthcare
Cons
temporary
IT CUSTOMER SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 24, 2015
Renown Health is a good place to work. I like my co-workers and management. A typical day at work is answering phone calls from computer end users who are having problems. We either fix the problem via phone, remote control or in person.
Pros
Supervisor is liberal with hours
Cons
Micro managed
Dietary environment
Nutritional Representative (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 15, 2015
Job was fine, pay was marginal, management didn't seem active. A typical day included reviewing the meal preferences for each patient from the night before. Throughout the day, I would review the preferences and modify the meals to the patient's request.
Pros
Free Lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Renown Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9