Renown Regional Medical Center

Renown Regional Medical Center United States Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace with food and drinks.
Volunteer (Former Employee), Reno, NVFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: listening to my music.
Cons: taking out the trash
I had lots of lots of fun volunteering at Renown Regional Medical Center and I was able to listen to my music whilst I volunteered.
I liked the new things I learned
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Reno, NVNovember 4, 2014
Pros: knowledge
Cons: lack of training and lack of job secuirty
I really loved learning the new things I learned and I would have loved to learn more.
Rewarding work
Imaging Tech Aide (Current Employee), Reno, NVNovember 3, 2014
Pros: benefits, cafeteria
Cons: can be grueling and sad
Your work is very rewarding here, you know you your work is very important and that you are making a difference every day.
Inexperienced management
Registered Nurse, General Surgical Unit (Former Employee), Reno NVOctober 6, 2014
Management is inexperienced and not helpful towards staff.
Corporate vision
Public Safety Operations and Training Manager (Former Employee), Reno, NVSeptember 18, 2014
Hands down the hardest part of being in a management is the supervision, motivation and mentorship of staff. Understanding a the corporate vision and establishing a positive working relation ship with all levels in the culture can in my opinion be the second hardest part of being a manager. In an investigative or loss prevention the visions for your department ids often times a hard sell to management. I have learned that establishing an open dialog and a strong working relationship with all levels of management is key not only in achieving the goals and objectives of your particular department but also demonstrating that the end result of my teams efforts will demonstrate a ROI and contribution to the company's bottom line. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is to watch staff grow in productivity and business savvy under my mentorship.
keep calm and carry on
Technician Education Coordinator/Staff Technician (Former Employee), Reno, NVJuly 25, 2014
Renown formerly known as Washoe Medical Center, if you want to work there keep your mouth shut and your head down.
terrible management and corrupt hr
former employee (Former Employee), reno,nvJuly 16, 2014
Cons: corrupt
Not a great place to work. If you have an opinion or if your a strong minded individual you will be targeted by the director and hr. Save yourself the agony and stress from working for this company. The people are great (co-workers) but management, specifically the director and hr partners are not good people and are corrupt.
Friendly nurses and doctors skilled in what they do.
Medical Records Assistant (Former Employee), Reno, NVJuly 7, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: lack of advancement training.
The dept I. worked in lacked good management interaction with employees not real advancement opportunities or encouragement offered.
A place to help others
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee), Reno, NVJuly 7, 2014
Pros: great advancement opportunites
Cons: low pay
I loved the jobs and the people. Although expectations were tough, still loved this job
Point of Care Analyst / Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Reno, NVMay 2, 2014
Pros: team work
Cons: some co-workers recieved preference from managment
Management did not do their job at entirety when it came to backing up their employees.
Productive, community mission and vision
Staff RN (Former Employee), Reno, NVApril 21, 2014
Pros: matching 401k
able to perform my best work with the tools I needed,
in Recovery Room we typically had 40-60 patient surgeries per day and cared for all age groups
Renown had education provided for RNs and dedicated management with process improvement that included staff
Nice training ground for laboratory scientists
Clinical Laboratory Scientist (Former Employee), Reno, NVApril 2, 2014
Pros: health benefits
Cons: too much workload, too few people to share the load.
This is a level 2 trauma centre and is loaded with a lot of work to do in the laboratory. Job security is exceptional. Laboratory is fully equipped with the latest in technology and automation.
Great people and atmosphere to work in.
Vascular Technologist Extern Student (Current Employee), Reno, NVMarch 4, 2014
I wish they could have offered me a full time position so that I could have stayed.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Reno, NVFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: nice to be around patients that appreciate your help
Cons: management is fickle
Management is fickle. If you leave to get higher education don't plan on coming back as they will not rehire after you leave.
Fun, Friendly, and Caring
Certified Nursing Assistant- Taking (Former Employee), Reno, NVJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: everyone worked as a team
Cons: work load was too much on most days
It is a good place to work especially for new CNA graduates. You meet a lot of interesting people, and you feel like you have made a difference.
I enjoyed working here while it lasted
Pharmaceutical Technician (Former Employee), Reno, NVJanuary 21, 2014
I found that there are too many politics in this place, as well as all the others of course. They would go out of there way to try to find anything that was wrong when we would work 100% and give every effort for that place
Customer service is a plus
Towne Park Valet (Current Employee), Reno, NVJanuary 18, 2014
Valet attendant at busy Hospital entrances, usually the emergency room entrance. Have to deal with alot of things not many people can handle, management was good and coworkers were great.
I didn't think very highly of the management team
Patient Transport (Former Employee), Reno, NVJanuary 13, 2014
The stability of the hotel was not very good. In fact part of the time I worked there the bank actually owned the property. And while it was a union workplace, if you decided to partake in the union, your employment wasn't very secure. I had to leave the company mostly due to the fact that they changed my shift and I couldn't manage those hours at that time so I had no choice but to leave.
Very diverse and welcoming atmosphere with wonderful co-workers.
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee), Reno, NVNovember 20, 2013
Pros: the wonderful team of co-workers that i had the pleasure of working with.
Cons: not fully knowing what was expected on a daily basis.
I would have like to make Renown a career. However, it did not allow, as management had changed over in the past 6 months that I had worked there, and there was a very high turn over-rate. It is my feeling that it was never made absolutely clear as to what job duties were expected of us, individually.
See below
Professional Services Coder (Former Employee), HospitalOctober 26, 2013
Coded Hospitalist, Infectious disease, Rheumatoid arthritis, Critical care, Skilled nursing, Pregnancy Center deliveries

Audited E/M documentation using Palmetto audit tool

Posted charges and corrected billing

Renown Regional Medical Center Salaries