Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute

Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute Employer Reviews

Great Experience
Program Manager (Current Employee), Troy, NYJune 17, 2013
Higher education has been a wonderful place to develop my career. Supportive of academic endeavors, I successfully accomplished working full time as well as going to school full time.

The hardest part of my current position is the lack of support to function as a revenue making department. Completely short-staffed, I put in a great deal of effort and – more... time with very little help. – less
Good place to work and learn
Fire and Chemical Safety Specialist (Former Employee), Troy, NYJune 6, 2013
I liked working there.It was a fun place to work where we got to try new things and perfect our skills
Good place to work and study
Research Associate (Current Employee), Troy, NYMay 22, 2013
I really enjoyed my stay at RPI and learnt a lot from my friends in there.
Busy atmosphere
Payroll Manager (Current Employee), Troy, NYApril 19, 2013
I enjoy working at RPI. It is a very bisy place to be and I enjoy being busy.
Teaching Assistantship
Engineering Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Troy, NYFebruary 20, 2013
Teaching Assistantship includes basic duties of tutoring and grading students work as assigned by professor.
hard working, learned a lot
PhD Candidate (Current Employee), Troy NYJanuary 31, 2013
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, or RPI, is a private research university located in Troy, New York. It was founded in 1824 by Stephen Van Rensselaer and Amos Eaton for the "application of science to the common purposes of life" and is the oldest technological university in the English-speaking world.
Productive and interesting work environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Troy, NYDecember 14, 2012
Pros: opportunity to research abroad in korea, presenting research poster to aps
Cons: a little disorganized and messy at times.
Depending on the research project and its progress a day in the lab was the highlight of my day. I not only learned about polymer synthesis in non-oxygen environments, but I learned about characterization techniques and professionally representing myself in front of distinguished individuals. I was one of three girls in a lab of 9 people yet this did – more... not bother me at all. I felt as if I finally found my place at the institute. The hardest part of the job was the uncertainty of actions in the day, regardless as a scientist it is important to interact with those in your field. So even if I had little to do, I always ensured providing a sociable work environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was my opportunity to research abroad and present my research at a science convention. – less
I worked in the IT computer lab as a tutor
Senior Projects (Former Employee), Troy, NYDecember 12, 2012
Pros: one of the top engineering schools
Cons: be prepared to work non stop. you have been warned :-)
RPI is a top school and a very challenging environment. You will work very hard to get your degree but it will be worth it.

The people were great and made a lot of life long friends.

Only the truly committed will make it through and RPI Program.
in the fir year more than 1/4 of the class leaves and these were the top 1% in thier classes. only about – more... 25% who start end up graduating – less
This was an excellent place to work
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Troy, NYDecember 9, 2012
Awesome people that love to teach. the pay was a little low, but the usage of the campus facilities and programs make it worth working there
A good graduate school for engineering major students
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Troy, New YorkNovember 13, 2012
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute provides a large variety of engineering disciplines.
Exciting and ever-changing place to work.
ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Troy, NYOctober 18, 2012
A fantastic experience working with some amazingly brilliant individuals; from the Administration to the Faculty to the Staff to the Students - all will be missed.
Summer Research at Biotechnology Center
Internship Summer Research Program (Former Employee), Troy, NYOctober 2, 2012
Clonation, Expresion and Purification of RnF Complex protein. In this short tine I got the experience to grow cells, break cells, get the proteins, and purify the product at laboratory scale. This is the same process at plant scale. I know processes like clonation, fermentation, centrifugation, purification and tests like Western Blot Sample Examination, – more... DNA examination etc. – less
Great place to gain experience
RPI Undergraduate Intern (Former Employee), Troy, NYSeptember 20, 2012
Learned a lot and gained a tremendous amount of experience in a short amount of time.
Good Uninersity
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Troy, NYSeptember 20, 2012
The university offers degrees from five schools: Engineering; Science; Architecture; Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences; and the Lally School of Management & Technology; as well as an interdisciplinary degree in Information Technology.
Good academic environment and good faculty.
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Troy, NYSeptember 10, 2012
Work with knowledge and inspiring peers. The atmosphere is upbeat and inspiring. Most professors are extremely nice and friendly.
Alot of work. Supervisor in Stewardship is controlling.
Communications Specialist - Acknowledgment Program (Former Employee), Troy, NYAugust 29, 2012
Pros: work on university campus.
Cons: to much bureacratic nonsense and backstabbing of personnel.
Typical day was a lot of work and no recognition. Supervisor who does stewardship was very controlling and vindictive. What I learned with this job is to keep working hard no matter what people say. Eventually opportunties will come your way.
a nice university to further research and development
Postdoctoral research associate-Research associate (Current Employee), Troy, NYAugust 28, 2012
It is a nice university to further research and development.
Freedom to intellectually perform
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Troy, NYAugust 7, 2012
Pros: allowed for individual success
Cons: sink or swim
This environment was made up of mostly students who were given the freedom to intellectually investigate their own interests by designing and performing their own experiments with little intervention from superiors.
A wonderful place to work and teach.
Instructor / Technologist (Former Employee), Troy, NYAugust 1, 2012
One of the best universities in the country. Students were highly intelligent and motivated. Faculty are of the highest quality.
Great Company
Secretary, Entrepreneurship Club (Former Employee), Troy, NYApril 3, 2012
Great Place to work especially as a student, the supervisors are very supportive. I loved being in the Eship club.