Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute

Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute Employer Reviews

Good Uninersity
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Troy, NYSeptember 20, 2012
The university offers degrees from five schools: Engineering; Science; Architecture; Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences; and the Lally School of Management & Technology; as well as an interdisciplinary degree in Information Technology.
Good academic environment and good faculty.
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Troy, NYSeptember 10, 2012
Work with knowledge and inspiring peers. The atmosphere is upbeat and inspiring. Most professors are extremely nice and friendly.
Alot of work. Supervisor in Stewardship is controlling.
Communications Specialist - Acknowledgment Program (Former Employee), Troy, NYAugust 29, 2012
Pros: work on university campus.
Cons: to much bureacratic nonsense and backstabbing of personnel.
Typical day was a lot of work and no recognition. Supervisor who does stewardship was very controlling and vindictive. What I learned with this job is to keep working hard no matter what people say. Eventually opportunties will come your way.
a nice university to further research and development
Postdoctoral research associate-Research associate (Current Employee), Troy, NYAugust 28, 2012
It is a nice university to further research and development.
Freedom to intellectually perform
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Troy, NYAugust 7, 2012
Pros: allowed for individual success
Cons: sink or swim
This environment was made up of mostly students who were given the freedom to intellectually investigate their own interests by designing and performing their own experiments with little intervention from superiors.
A wonderful place to work and teach.
Instructor / Technologist (Former Employee), Troy, NYAugust 1, 2012
One of the best universities in the country. Students were highly intelligent and motivated. Faculty are of the highest quality.
Great Company
Secretary, Entrepreneurship Club (Former Employee), Troy, NYApril 3, 2012
Great Place to work especially as a student, the supervisors are very supportive. I loved being in the Eship club.
Great benefits
Supervisor (Former Employee), Troy, NYMarch 12, 2012
I worked at RPI for over 20 years and loved the college. They have great benefits for their emplyees and their families.

SaraM – April 9, 2012

I have recently applied for the position of Administrative Coordinator with in the Development Office. I hope I have the opportunity to work there. I haver heard great things about RPI. Kudos to you on 20 years hopefully you are retired and enjoying it!!!

Great experience with great people.
College Work Study Employee (Current Employee), East Campus Athletic Village, RPI, Troy NYFebruary 16, 2012
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: can only make up to $2000 per school year
Productive but good experience with some of the most knowledgable people I've met in their respective fields. Friendly and relaxed work environment allows for better commitment by employees to adhere to guidelines.
very pleasant and productive place to work
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Former Employee), Troy, NYJanuary 23, 2012
It is a very good university where we can study and do research. The professors and other employees are very friendly and helpful. I learned a lot and improved my own capability during the days I worked here.