Rent A Center Employee Reviews

Found 1,932 reviews matching the search
Good Job
PDS, and Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Ashtabula, OH 44004September 24, 2016
I enjoyed my job up to the point where I was demoted for lack of training and a lack of experienced pds personnel.Overall I enjoyed the job.
Bad productivity
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MISeptember 23, 2016
They have very poor customer service. Their merchandise is weak and cheap. Bad work enviroment. Hours are bad, not trained properly, but want you to scratch nothing at all. Not good management.
Great oppertunitiy to see the level of your customer service
Customer Account Manager (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaSeptember 20, 2016
Being a customer account manager put you hands on with the customer both in the store and in their home. The store is a controlled environment where you have a lot of support. The home of the customer is like being at an opposing teams field you have to react just so to get the best results.
Enjoyable work place
Sales Associate/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 20, 2016
Call each customer eery morning

Learned how to deal with different people in certain situations

Management was easy going, as long as you were on time and did what needed to be done there were no issues

Co-workers changed a lot

Delivering furniture by yourself

Pretty much free to work/ deliveries and calling customers
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Ok
Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 15, 2016
People are good work env Ok and work load is normal
I learned a lot
Co worker nice
long hr work
good team
close to home
I have no more to say
Pros
nothing comes to mind
Cons
pressure
Average job
Customer Account Representative (Current Employee) –  West Memphis, ARSeptember 14, 2016
Job is okay, wouldn't recommend long term.
Pay is not worth the work you do.
Benefits are good.
Interact with different people.
Can be Challenging.
But also can be rewarding.
Pros
Good discounts! health benefits!
Cons
Pay! Off days! Pay!
Company keeps changing
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ozark, ALSeptember 14, 2016
Company keeps changing and not for the better. This is a totally different company than when i started 8 years ago. The company has a mindset of we dont need coworkers who are dedicated because we can hire anyone.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Limited time with family
fast paced sales environment. very aggressive
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNSeptember 12, 2016
Rac is an aggressive sales scene. There are daily, weekly, monthly sales expectations for each individual. On any given day you can see 10 sales or 0 sales. The process of working the sales program is very detailed and must be followed to the letter.
Pros
incentive based contests to win perks
Cons
same standards in an everchanging marker
One of the best places I've worked!!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ludington, MISeptember 9, 2016
I worked at RAC for about 3 years...starting at the very bottom. At first I thought it was going to be hard getting use to the computer, the customers, the everyday life of working retail. Couple months went by and I found myself LOVING what I was doing. The manager and the staff were GREAT, AWESOME!!!! We were all family. And that's how it is today Friday, September 9, 2016. If one of you were down the rest of the team was there to get you in that spot were you needed to be to get you back in the game. The manager there knows her stuff! Easy DM material!!! All I can say is do your job, make sure your head is right, and love what you do. If your lazy, this job isn't for you. If your cocky, arrogant, and think you deserve the world, this job isn't for you. The people on this site that are "former employees" making bad remarks probably either got fired because of the above characteristics, or worked there for two weeks and couldn't handle a job that didn't allow you to get high everyday or drink every night and come into work. No, the people here, customers and staff are very down to Earth people that just want somebody to do what's right. Whether it is working for the company, or making a great sale to better that customers life. Be serious if you are putting an application in at this place. If you plan on being there for a long time, like what you do, and can handle a job that requires you to act like a frickin human being, then go for it. If you plan on being a joke, and have attendance issues or you think eh, it's a paycheck, then stay home and don't waste the managers time.  more... Best place I have worked and the HARDEST place I had to walk away from!!  less
Pros
Staff, pay, discounts, customers, job security.
Cons
NONE
wrong decision!!!!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaSeptember 8, 2016
This company is a joke. The Managers and district manager are a terrible, no respect. You can forget about you personal life you have none. they get mad if you don't want to work on your day off. On weekends you cant leave till you hit goal this mean harassing people all night even if they all ready told u they don't have the money. No team work and unrealistic goals. The store closes at 7 went home almost at 9 pm!!! 10:30 pm few times. its all gossip its like being in high school everyone wants to be all up in your personal life. They make you feel bad for requesting a day off or ask for a raise.
Pros
insurance
Cons
bad enviroment
Sales
Sales/Floor Planner (Former Employee) –  Audubon, NJSeptember 8, 2016
Very unprofessional people, always make you work harder than you are paid. Surrounded by a lot of unprofessional men who are very lazy. This job expects you to put them first in your life over everything.
fun place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Wahiawā, HI 96786September 6, 2016
hard work, long hours, get to meet people, learn how to deal with others, learn how to talk customers and coworker. learn how to set up showroom floor.
Kayla Mae Atkinson
Customer Service Representative (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXSeptember 6, 2016
Approving customers for purchase lease agreements by verifying customer information, managing customers accounts, filing paperwork, taking payments, writing and sending certified letters, making collection calls, data entry.
Very challenging
SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 6, 2016
The day to day work in this company was very challenging. The company provided house hold items to its customers that could not get the items by any other means. I was hard doing this because even though we knew that the customer was in over their heads with how much the could/would get. we had to keep giving them merchandise and was graded on how much we could sell.
Great Pay and i help people and im inside most of the day
Collections Manager (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, GASeptember 5, 2016
I'd make my collection calls first thing in morning. Its done 3 times a day. Most of the time it was fun and laid back. Hardest part of job was del.sofas
Pros
Air conditioning most of the day and got to drive company vehicles
Cons
When i had to repo something or pick up because customer didnt pay there bill.
Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Azle, TXAugust 31, 2016
I very much enjoyed my time working at rent a center minus the few times especially I had to deal with severely upset customers but that isn't any sort of fault to the business the manager I had was excellent and the pay was good.
Rent-A-Center
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 31, 2016
Worked with a group of five to six people on selling, delivering, refurbishing merchandise, and collecting on accounts. I learned how to elevate my customer service skills and really build a rapport with customers. There were management changes with every manager having a different management styles that were introduced and it kept me on my toes learning how to mesh our styles. The hardest part of the job was working 10 hours a day. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the customers and them being satisfied with learning and fulfilling their needs.
Pros
Cross-training and learning new skills
Cons
working long hours
I would work for this company again.
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Brattleboro, VTAugust 31, 2016
there was never a boring day at Rent-A-Center. I learned a lot from this company in the short time i was there. People skills is a must, Along with communication skills. You must be energetic ready to sell. Heavy lifting is required along with trust for your co workers.
Cons
they punish you for using your sick days even if you have a doctors note
Great place to work if you want bedbugs
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Martinsville, INAugust 31, 2016
I do not like working here you are always told you are to slow i load and unload trucks assist co workers and customers mgmt is bad imho clean all the
Pros
If you're a pot head you can smoke allyou like and break stuff and nobody cares
Cons
The job is bad, being told you're not a team player, corporate office will not get your back because ray and his evil minion justin get the numbers
Sometimes it's fun. Other times it's stressful
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Heath, OHAugust 29, 2016
Pretty good pay with long hours. After my current job, I would gladly return to this job. The hours can get too much to handle and it can be stressful when you fail to hit your past due goals. The reason I'm not here anymore is after I was in a car accident i was not allowed to lift or move anything over 50 lbs and instead of allowing me to just work in the store, they terminated me because I couldn't move sectional sofas and refrigerators anymore. But all in all, this is a good job.
Pros
Good pay, benefits, fun
Cons
Long hours, hard to meet goals

2.5