Rent A Center

1.6K reviews

Rent A Center Employee Reviews

It's very fast paced
Customer Account Manager Rent A Center (Current Employee), Essex, MDAugust 27, 2015
A typical day in rent a center would be start of making a 50-100 calls every morning to past due customers. We attend to every customers need/wants, also help the walk ins. We also make sales calls to our customers that apply through our website.
Slow but still productive day
Customer Account Representative (Current Employee), Cedar Hill, TXAugust 26, 2015
We normally do alot of calling and Acct adjusting. But we still get out in the field and do things such as Delivering furniture, Running Customer in the field, and ect.
If you have no life this is the place for you.
Deliver Specialist (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Get to be out on the road.
Cons: Literally everything else.
Work second shift always so can't do anything before or after you are done working. Store manager had to of been one of the most useless people I've ever seen at a position like that. Had mostly zero help while working there especially from the sales associate. The assistant manager is the only thing really holding that store together. The pay for being a driver is horrible and you could easily make the same amount of money doing something easier on your body. Also you always work Saturday so kiss any life you might have goodbye. Believe me when I tell you this, work anywhere else but here.
Decent place to work
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 25, 2015
Ideal job for a motivated sales professional. open availability needed and a lot of hours required. Great benefits and micro manage free.
Not the best place to grow!
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Decatur, GAAugust 23, 2015
Pros: Learn multiple low-level business functions
Cons: Physical demand destroys your body, and the pay is terrible
Low pay, hard work, and job constantly being threatened. Managers train you enough to do their job, and really don't care as long as their boss isn't screaming in their ear.

Heavy lifting is a major function in this job. If you aren't delivering furniture, then you are picking it up, sometimes alone. You are expected to get sales, collect, and deliver and if you can't keep up you are gone.

Run from this place!
wish i was still there
Assistant Manager/Sales Manager (Former Employee), Kittanning, PAAugust 23, 2015
Pros: read review
Cons: difficult to balance home life if your a family person and the job
Great team atmosphere, you advance by merit, as long as you don't upset your district manager, company actually does take care of employees. Absolutely a career, not a job.
Long hours with hostile work environment almost ZERO work/life balance.
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Pay, Company Benefts
Cons: Long hours, no work/life balance, lack of professionalism, hostile work environment.
Worked for the company for seven years. Started at the entry level position of Customer Account Representative and worked my way up to Assistant Store Manager. The company has a lack of a training program, they just have you watch videos and expect you to figure the rest out yourself. Management varies from location to location, but most of the upper management LACK professionalism and training as a manager. Management is very hipocritical and only focus on what you can improve on, and NEVER commend you on the things you are doing right. Customer client base is generally aggressive with negative attitudes all day and management will throw their employees under the bus in front of the customer to calm them down, or to make themselves as managers look better. Working long hours (45-55 hours a week) with only one day off leaves for NO personal time for yourself/family. Company expects you to live and breath the business and doesn't care about anything else. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND AS A PLACE TO APPLY FOR WORK!
Easy-going work days, plenty of work and enjoyment.
PDS (Current Employee), Brewer, MaineAugust 20, 2015
Pros: lunch anytime
Cons: no benefits for part-time, less hours
work part-time as a PDS driving around and delivering and picking up merchandise that customers want or no longer need. In-between time to be able to kick back and relax refurbishing furniture or appliances.
Worked for 4 years and they treated me like i was nothing
Lead Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZAugust 19, 2015
I worked with Rent A Center for 4 years and requested a transfer from phx, az area to hilton head, sc area. Well it was approved and the DM out here in SC told me when i get out here to call him and he will place me in a position, so i called him for 14 days strait leaving a message each day along with calling my home office and old DM. Nothing came about it, I worked hard for this company and they for one dont set you up to succeed but they just dont care about the employee only about the bottle line(money).
Sun Up til Sun Down
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Shreveport, LAAugust 18, 2015
Pros: team lunches, bonuses
Cons: changes you cant do anything about.
Come to work with a will to work attitude everyday
how to communicate with the different types of people, how to talk to people.
At the end of the day its about the numbers, to help you grow and develop. Chasing customers who don't want to pay and forcing furniture in houses that don't fit.
the good customers and the bonuses.
Great company to work for
Manager (Former Employee), Newberry South CarolinaAugust 18, 2015
Pros: keep you very busy had great benefits
Cons: very long hours and kept me away from my kids
Had great benefits, management was very fair. The management team which I was a part of we were always pushing our employees the do their best.
A different day, a different experience
Account Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCAugust 17, 2015
You meet many types of people and get to learn about many peoples stories. Helping meet the needs of the people who come into the store.
A Great Place to learn about Business
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Goshen, INAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Overall a Great Place to work
Cons: Working every Saturday
- Bookkeeping
- Credit Manager
- Executive Assistant
- Opening and Closing Store
- Take payment from customers

I learned about business and how to be successful.
The manager was great and very knowledgeable.
The co- workers worked as a team and not against one another.
The hardest part of the job is trying to make every customer happy.
The most enjoyable part is helping people.
You been warned.
Lead Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Overtime. Good co-workers
Cons: You will spend over 52-60 (inculding1hr breaks) a week. Low pay
You have to speak Spanish even if you work in a location that is not the majority of the population. (Miami only!!!) There are some employees who cannot speak one word in English let alone understand. Every Storage Manager is different. I'd worked with a couple. Just do whatever he/she say no matter if it is ethical, or not. That is if you like your job. If you do not comply, then you will end up doing all the most hated jobs. When they tell you they have the right to call you in to work from 8am-9pm Monday - Saturday, um it the truth. This wouldn't be a problem but I for one have a personal life and do not like working 6 days a week especially on short notice. If you are good at what you do then you will obtain favoritism from the head bosses. This is good if you are trying to move up in the company, bad when you are envy because you actually do your job. As assistance be prepared to get your boss lunch on your break and not his/hers and jump whenever he/she say so. There 're a lot of people who still work there that unhappy because the company, or boss wrong them one way or another.

I for one liked the company even to the mission statement. It is the people who do unethical things such as stealing etc... that I did not want to be a part of. If you tell then you will get hated by all the other employees even if they are at your store.

Take no shortcut. Do everything according to the books (policy and procedure). Stay firm in your morals. Mind your own business. A basic Spanish course will get you far. If you can manage this, then you will be great. It can actually be a fun place to work.
Manager
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Mableton, GAAugust 14, 2015
Pros: pay, pay
Cons: lack of advancement
Not the best place to work and grow and develop....pay is good and work life balance is good.... Not the best place to work and grow and develop....pay is good and work life balance is good....
Great company to work for excellent compensation
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSAugust 14, 2015
Great company excellent compensation. Not very good for family life hours and not family-friendly at all. Hard work and high expectations each person which is not always a bad thing just when they are meant its not a good situation.
Productive Active Enviorment
Customer Account Rep (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTAugust 14, 2015
Pros: 1hr lunches
Cons: Long work weeks
Very Productive and active work days lots great benifits ect Long work hours but great breaks . Great employee discounts on merchandise
Demanding, but rewarding.
District Manager (Current Employee), Cartersville, GAAugust 12, 2015
The Rent A Center company has the best training and development program for career advancement. The company generally promotes from within and gives the Rent A Center Family the opportunity to improve employee livelihood. The RTO business is a very challenging business and competitive people excel in this organization.
Not a great place to work at
Delivery driver (Current Employee), Midland, TexasAugust 12, 2015
Rent a center is a good place to work at. But, its just not for me. I like working towards a goal. Rent a center would be a good job for someone starting to get his life together in the work force.
Company with out values.
Account Supervisor (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 11, 2015
Pros: fair pay
Cons: Dangerous at times. Long hours.
This company does not care about their costumer or their associates. They constantly put their employees in danger by forcing them to do illegal actions with the purpose to collect debts. They are also very easy to start accounts so that in the long run they would be quick to collect the merchandise from the costumers with out any consideration towards situations that may come up. They are very unappreciated with the costumers. Another bad fact about RAC is that the employees are obligated to work 47 hours a week overtime is mandatory every week so if you have a family they are not trying to hear it.
Headquarters