Rent A Center
1,479 reviews

Rent A Center Employee Reviews

Decent Job, uncomfortable situations.
Driver/Customer Claims Manager (Former Employee), Morgantown, WVMay 30, 2015
Pay was ok, but the job was crazy. Terrible work schedule and hours depend on customers payments. Very hard to reprocess children s bunkbeds in front of said children.
Great culture and treated well
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Washington, PAMay 30, 2015
Pros: Great environment
Cons: long wrork hours and no weekends off
They are willing to work with your life outside of work. The environment is great and the benefits are a plus. I created new relationships with the customers through the frequent customer service.
Not for one with a family...
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee), Lexington, NEMay 30, 2015
Pros: decent benefits, good wages
Cons: no social/family life, sometimes called while off work for extra duties
Working here gave me a steady schedule, but limited family time. With only 2 days out of the week off, it put a strain on my home life. Almost no social life with this job.
Never-ending grind
Store Manager (Former Employee), NCMay 28, 2015
Pros: Discounts on items
Cons: Schedule, benefits
Very long days, especially for managers - typically 9am-8pm with few opportunities for breaks. If in the right location with the potential to grow your store, you can obtain good bonuses. No vacation days off within the first year and only 10 days from years 2-5. Must build a great rapport with your customers as they can make or break your results. Only guaranteed Sundays off and Wednesdays for managers are only if you can consistently meet your goals. Tough if you have a family or value time away from work. Benefits will cost you an arm and a leg if you have a family. Can encounter some interesting situations when going into customers' homes...keep an extra set of clothes to change into at all times!!!
SUMMARY An extremely charismatic salesman with a will do attitude. A contagious array of behaviors that will enlighten the lives of all coworkers and
Manager (Former Employee), TNMay 27, 2015
SUMMARY
An extremely charismatic salesman with a will do attitude. A contagious array of behaviors that will enlighten the lives of all coworkers and customers. Naturally followed, I lead teams and individuals to goal orientated success. Focusing on building upon strengths and overcoming weaknesses, my approach is to help others achieve the greatness they desire, or had not even dreamed of. At the same time projecting myself as a leader, boss, and a consultant.
Counter-productive workplace with n room for advancement.
Customer Account Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 27, 2015
Pros: Excellent Corporate structure.
Cons: Management uneducated, and unproductive.
Rent A Center culture has continued to employ and back unproductive, anti-customer Management. Learned a plethora of info about the Rent to Own industry.
Assistant Manager/Credit IO (Former Employee), LHMay 26, 2015
Pros: Good schedule
Cons: Some management
Review accounts
Call individuals for payments
Deliver merchandise to customers
Customer service
management could use the schedule to punish the employees and this was not successful
Awful, awful, awful. Stay away from this place!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Cary, NCMay 23, 2015
Pros: NONE
Cons: RUDE CUSTOMERS, BACKBREAKING WORK
I worked as an assistant manager for a store for about 7 months. In a typical week, you could expect to work from 9 AM to after 8 PM every single day, and you would NEVER get two days off in a row. The average work week would be over 50 hours, which is the only reason the pay was decent. As an assistant manager, the pay was only $11 an hour, but you would make time and a half for all the overtime you worked. Absolutely no work/life balance. I would request off for a Saturday and would be told no because that was supposed to be the busiest day for the store. I did not have a single Saturday off in 7 months. Aside from the hectic schedule and the mediocre pay, the customers were by far the worst part of working for this company. 95% of the clientele of this company has either no credit or bad credit, otherwise, they would be doing business with a retailer that offered credit based on credit worthiness. To say the least, getting an on-time payment from these customers was like pulling teeth...basically begging grown people to pay their bill on time. And when you were forced to repo something because of nonpayment, they would call you every name in the book. I had to get the police involved several times just to get the merchandise back. And you get absolutely no back up from the company when a customer did not pay. The company would basically blame you for the deadbeat customer's nonpayment. Ridiculous! Also, there was alot of heavy lifting up and down stairs, and I never received a single tip for a delivery because the customers were all broke, thieving deadbeats. If you have half a brain, you'll stay far away from this company.
Great
Customer Service Reprentive (Former Employee), Chambersburg, PAMay 22, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: pay
I enjoyed helping people and working to help people boss was very cool and enjoyed meeting new people and do everything I did there
WEEKLY PAY
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Jackson, MSMay 21, 2015
Is a great place to work. Is just take a long time to advance you only advance if some one quite or get fired. I have learned a lot working their about sales and credit . Working with all types of customer with different atitudes, you learn to deal with each and every one in a professional manner.My manager is great he supports and understands and has been there to speak up for me in any situation great team. Its really nothing to hard about the job but I just wish you could have a more time with family . We work every Saturday all day which is not hard just every now and then I wish the employees could have aleast one Saturday off in the month to relax and enjoy family life.,But this is my job and I have to be ther so I do it with out any problems and do my best. I love we get paid weekly and holidays off great job
Overall good company to work for. Easy to get promoted within.
Store Manager (Former Employee), KentuckyMay 19, 2015
Pros: Family like environment, empathy, challenging, training
Cons: Staffing, set schedules, restrictions on helping customers
Good company to work for. I've learned with hard work and a great team behind you can turn any failing store into a profitable one. The coworkers are the backbone of this company. I believe the hardest part of this job is hanging onto the coworkers that are trained and ready to get promoted within because it may take a little while to find their replacement. My favorite part of this company was being able to build a relationship with my customers and help them in a time of need. It became family like.
Productive and busy work place
Assiatant Manager (Former Employee), Orangeburg SCMay 19, 2015
Productive and busy work day. A learning environment. Friendly and dedicated customers. Management could have been better as far as managing the staff.
Workplace that helped customers afford products they may not be able to pay in full at the time of need.
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Murfreesboro, TNMay 18, 2015
My typical day included reviewing daily audits of transactions and inventory, overseeing staff of 5 guaranteeing all work got completed, and helping any customers that came in, called in, or emailed.
Great Company
Credit Account Manager/ Sales & Marketing (Former Employee), Wise, VAMay 17, 2015
Pros: Schedule flexibility
Cons: Short breaks
Great Company, I loved everything about the opportunity I was presented with from the atmosphere to management. I've learned a lot from working with the best people in the business.
Very fast paced environment!
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Stockton, CAMay 12, 2015
This is a very steady job with plenty of hours. The management is very supportive and co-workers are very diligent to a team-like manner.
Typical Day
(CAR) Customer Account Rep./ Customer Service/ (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 11, 2015
Pros: customers
Cons: better managment
When I at Rent a Center. I had to make sure I check the board for deliveries for customer and make service everything ids done on time
Productive and fast paced work enviornment
Store Manager \ Customer Account Representative (Current Employee), West Baltimore, MDMay 11, 2015
Monitor and ensure total customer satisfaction . Create manage and execute plans to increase sales and profits. Monitor and improve sales skills of all employees
RAC
SALES MANAGER / LEAD SST (Current Employee), Hilo, HIMay 8, 2015
Pros: good benefits and discount program
Cons: long hours, no time for family .
Rac is very long and drawn out hours. Days off are not back to back . They expect you to wear many hats and do everything in an unreasonable amount of time. Theres simply not enough to geteverything done in one day ,
terrible work place
Account representative (Current Employee), Merrillville, INMay 6, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: no home life, overworked, no job security
worst job i have ever had, overworked and under paid. no job security, terrible management from store manager all the way up to regional manager. everything is your fault when the store numbers go bad, working conditions are terrible you ether work in bug infested office to the unsafest places in the area of your store.no one can be trusted everyone will throw you under the bus, no one has your back and will let you out to dry.
Manage 23 training store managers
Operations Training Coach: Centers of Excellence (Current Employee), Ocean City, MDMay 6, 2015
Facilitate training to 23 COE (Center of Excellence) store managers and store personnel. Conduct monthly visits to the COE stores to calibrate training across the organization. The program includes hands on instruction, verbal presentation, informational literature, and audio/visual aids. This position also includes serving as an Operations Liaison to Shared Services by collaborating on the development of training materials in conformance with selected delivery methods.

1 2 3 4 5

About Rent A Center

Our stores offer name-brand furniture, electronics, appliances and computers through flexible rental purchase agreements that – Read more

Rent A Center Salaries