Rent A Center
1,200 reviews

Rent A Center Employer Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
Account Manager (Former Employee), Dublin, GASeptember 16, 2014
Pros: communicating with customers
Cons: short breaks
Hard to control who pays account. To many confrontations with customers. but all in all great company to work for.
productive,
Account Manager (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: loud in the call center at times
Cons: everyone working togather to reach the same goal.
This is a call center that takes inbound and outbound calls, it is a fast paced enviornment. the best part of the job is the feeling of accomplishment at the end of the day, the hardest part is short lunch
this is a great company if you are a single person with no means of social life
Marketing, Sales, Inventory (Former Employee), Inglewood, CASeptember 14, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: long hours no quality of life
this company takes a lot from you, its not for everyone the pressure is definitely their. Numbers have to be met and management doesn't take any mercy on you. So, be prepare to work long hours deal with customers that make it seem as you owe them something and a hole lot of accountability, with minimal quality of life.
Great job and adancement opportunities
Collection Specialist (Current Employee), Bronx, NYSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: fully interactive work enviroment
Cons: the work schedule
The work day starts by identifying and selecting the customers that need more attention with their past due accounts. Every customer and situation is different, therefore, some customers require a different collection approach. My co-workers are responsible and fun people to work with. Everyone makes sure that no one is overloaded with work. The hardest – more... part of the job is not been able to satisfy every ones needs at the end of the day. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with people and their individual situation to try to achieve the best results for both the customers and the company. – less
Fun and productive place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Dundalk, MDSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: co-workers, mamangement
Typical day would be making calls to customer, servicing in store customers with rentals. Making deliveries of furniture or picking up furniture. managing inventory. My co-workers make it fun most days to come to work and makes the day go by fast. The hardest part of the job is tracking down customers for non payment for their lease
Account Manager Representative
Account Manager Representative (Former Employee), Lakeland FLSeptember 10, 2014
• Set goals and schedule weekly meetings with District Managers and prioritize collections of hard accounts
• Visit past due customers at residence and place of employment
• Review expired accounts and communicate with the customers to promote timely payments
• Maintain accurate records of pats due account activity and daily activities
• Complete customers – more... service calls in a timely manner as assigned
• Customers Pick – ups
• Load and upload truck per policy to protect merchandise
• Pick – up merchandise from customer homes as assigned – less
Did not like working here
Collections Manager/Credit Manager (Former Employee), Hazard, KYSeptember 10, 2014
I did not enjoy working for this company. There is too much lenience with their employees. Should follow a more structured work schedule.
Great pay and benefits but no family time
Store Manager (Former Employee), Muscatine, IASeptember 10, 2014
The job overall is very interesting with customer interactions. The pay is good but there are long hours and very little flexibility in making time for family.
typical day
Store Manager (Current Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 9, 2014
Drama filled life with this job, working collections, being a mentor, a coach, and a manger with such little pay is life draining.
Not the job it appears to be.
Account Manager (Former Employee), Aguadilla, PRSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: too much pressure and abuse of workers.
Its a hard work enviroment. There are many good employes but not such a good management. In two years I see more than five co-workers get fired, offended and discriminated by the management.
highly energetic workplace
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 9, 2014
print and review all reports from previous business day, open store by assuring products are rent ready and showroom is clean and inviting. all sales tags are properly displayed.
process and review rental orders and schedule deliveries as well as pick ups
meet and greet customers, process their payments and counsel on late payments.
meet all company – more... standards in sales – less
Sales is a must
Lead Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Cheyenne, WYSeptember 7, 2014
Attention to detail in everything that you do there, no family time. Pay is good.
fun entertaining atmosphere with great people
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee), Humble, TXSeptember 7, 2014
the job was as hard as you made it. You would come in do your inspection on the truck, then make your call through for the day, deliver/pick up items for/from customers. fairly easy only hard days were when you were by yourself that day. which was seldom cause management always try and have someone that could help.
Productive and busy
Customer Account Rep (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 6, 2014
When you come in for work, as a customer account representative you have to call your past due accounts, once you have finished you will either fix or clean showroom, go to past due customers houses to talk to cust about past due account. From there we go to lunch. from there we will load customer orders into truck and go to deliver and set up there – more... orders which ever way they want. When all deliveries are done we head back to the store to do a second round of calls then clock out. The best part of the job is when you deliver the orders and seeing the customers happy with there new items. The hardest part would be when you try to deliver some items but it wont fit thru the door. – less
Learned about me
Manager (Former Employee), Warren, MISeptember 6, 2014
Learn a lot about what I can do. Had a wonderful experience. I enjoyed challenges and obstacles. helped to build my character
customer service representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Charlotte ncSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: the down time
Cons: managers take this mess too seriously
Well I worked there for five months. I started looking for a new job the second week I was there. I worked at the acceptance now division of rent a center located in a national chain furniture store. My manager wrote me up while I was still working in the tranning book for not knowing how to take a payment over the phone. Had she showed me how I would – more... of loved to learn how. But instead of taking 5 minutes to teach me how she took 15 on writing me up. Instead of learning there computer system. I spent the majority of my time cleaning up the disorganized office. Filling boxes of papers and calling customers that already received there furniture references, as well as organizing files. My first day on the phone the assitant manager wrote me up for call avoidance, I guess letting the phone ring ten times was not long enough for her. Are you getting the idea they are write up happy. The phone is ringing off the hook customers want a quote but you have plenty of time to write me up. The district managers are always adding something new to the long list of steps that are already long to began with. Now when you take a payment all of there info has to be fillied in there account. You have to ask the customer why are you paying late, when are you getting your next check, where do you work , what are your hours, do you still have the same supervisor oh you have a new supervisor what's there name what's there extension so basically 20 questions and write a college thesis on the call. So your a bill collector first thing call past due customers. Call them at work ,home wherever the money is at. Give customers quotes , so you want two thousand dollars worth of furniture OK so it will take only 24 months to pay that off. Then you are a detective so this customer that wants merchandise claims to work where they listed, is that a business number or his cousion brother boyfriend number to Google we go looking up the address and phone numbers. Calling family and friends of customer for references are they a good person or bad person five dumb questions. In a week a month or two they will be hanging up on you because you will be calling them every Saturday morning asking where there friend or relative is because there bill is not paid. Then there is marketing you will do plenty especially if you are not a manager. Calling everyone who even glaced at the acceptance now section that came in the store call them. The sales people will give you all of there customers numbers that have money down or furniture or those who they just gave there card too. The managers work 50 hours a week. And corporate wants us to leave our phones in the car and only be on it for a 30 minute lunch break and two fifteen minute breaks a day.My managers stayed on there phones and so did I texting talking and all. Yes so I gave you a long list of things to do but you are only being paid for one. Only managers get bousnes which is not fair. While there writing up a customers contract I'm answering phones, taking a payment at the counter,giving quotes, I got that customer in the store by my marketing and answering there 100 questions about how the program works. And I don't get a bouns no you won't .Then on top of all of the work they give you they give you more oh start calling all past due people on Sundays because if the customer you called three times a day for the past six days did not pay you or answer your calls Sunday is magical and they will today. The managers treat the conference calls as if there next breath depends on listening to every word. I worked for 9.50$ an hour for this headache. I couldn't wait to leave – less
No place for a woman...
Account Manager (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: the hired me when i needed a job
Cons: male dominated, male chauvinist, long hours, work outside in all weather.
This job was much needed at the time...however as a female in an all male work environment the language was vulgar the topics of discussion were mostly about coworker nightly experiences and mischief. They expected females to lift furniture along side 200lbs guys. We had to deliver furniture in all weather....rain, sleet, snow, heatwave.
No place for a woman...
Account Manager (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: the hired me when i needed a job
Cons: male dominated, male chauvinist, long hours, work outside in all weather.
Horrible upper management. Stay away.
Account Manager/Customer Representative (Current Employee), ARSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: better starting pay.
Cons: terrible upper management, impossible goals, and discrimination.
The upper management is the worst I've ever dealt with. Discrimination, prejudice and sexism is rampant. It doesn't matter how well you do your job, if you're not a good looking female or friends with upper management: good luck on getting promoted.

The biggest issue though is how little support you get from corporate. They never press any criminal – more... or civil charges for skip/stolen merchandise so fraud is endemic in my area.

I was hired on with a whole new team at my store because the last employees were straight up criminals. Upper management gave us no support and set outrageously impossible goals for us. We're being told to get it fixed in The next 30 days or look for another job.

Keep in mind, this is a whole new crew. Everyone of us has less than 6 months experience in their current position.

To cap it all off: Rent A Center has cut hours company wide. So we have a mountain of work, impossible goals, and less time to get it all done.

Do yourself a favor and stay away. – less
if you dont have a family its a great job but they promise alot about moving up in management but never keep promise.
ACCOUNT REP (Former Employee), New Britain, CTSeptember 4, 2014
your day starts off with past due calls then straight in to deliveries and pick ups. the deliveries have to be done in the harsh cold snow and in the hot summer.

1 2 3 4 5

About Rent A Center

Our stores offer name-brand furniture, electronics, appliances and computers through flexible rental purchase agreements that – Read more