Rent A Center
1,582 reviews

Rent A Center Employee Reviews

Don't bother!!!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Waynesburg, PAJuly 31, 2015
Pros: It's a job
Cons: Benefits, lies, poor upper management
Store level management was O.K. People I worked with at store level were nice. Benefits were super expensive and the pay was far less than deserved for this type of physical labor. Expectations for collection and sales we're ridiculous, thus your job was constantly being threatened by "the suits." Bottom line, unless you're a favorite, room for growth is almost nonexistent. Long hours here and no family life outside of work normally. You work EVERY Saturday and I was told you were off on holidays, yet they had "Black Friday in July" on July 4th! Constant change and empty promises is what it all comes down to!!!
RAC
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 31, 2015
A typical work day was working with customers and managing other employees. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping customers get the merchandise they wanted.
Fast paced enjoyable job and advancement oppurtunity.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Picayune, MSJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Fun and exciting job, Team work.
Taking order's, filling order's, customer service and satisfaction, Cash handling, Deposit's, Supervising 5 or more employee's at one time, Food cost, Labor cost, Food prep and rotation, Store inspection daily to make sure all thing's were clean and neatly put away when not in use.
Balance is the key
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 29, 2015
The balance of high sales numbers on credit to a clientele with bad credit proved for a challenging job. Risks must be taken and any risk that went wrong created a lot more work.
Rent a center
Customer Service Accounts Manager (Former Employee), Columbia SCJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Work is not stationary.
Cons: Work is very hard on the body
I enjoyed driving the truck and vans to help my customers.I enjoyed having a employee account and being able to buy stuff brand new at a discount and a low payment deducted from my check.
Excellent pay but.....
CUSTOMER ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee), Bristol, CTJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Great pay
Cons: Short Breaks, Too much Overtime, poor mananegement, Focuses on numbers rather than customer experience
Excellent pay but you a lot of overtime, I mean way to much, try 60hr week too much.Never enough time for family. Also the company focuses on numbers rather than experience and it damages overall work environment.
Constant management change due to not meeting expected numbers.
competitive work place
Account Manager (Former Employee), Conway, SCJuly 28, 2015
Job consisted of furniture delivery and account management . About keeping up with both deliveries and time management along with refurbishing furniture and sales. My coworkers and managers always held a high standard of excellence and everyone was onboard and were very helpful.
Worst work experience I have EVER Had
CAR (Former Employee), Elkhart and Goshen INJuly 28, 2015
Pros: The only pro is that you are paid for your time
Cons: This was the worst work experience I have EVER had, all of the mangers in this district is completely unethical.
A typical work day for me was showing up on time and waiting in my car for about 20 minutes or so for someone with a key to show up to let me in to begin working. Most days I wouldn't know what time I would be heading home because the manager would add deliveries to the schedule even though it went against company policy. My manager as well as all the mangers i've interacted with in the district are completely unethical, including the district manager. You have to work your day off during holiday weeks and you're not allowed to request days off. The hardest part of the job was delivering furniture sets by yourself because the manager said the customer will help you carry it in. Some of the people I worked with used racial slurs while others were known for sexually harassing customers and coworkers with management being fully aware. The only thing I enjoyed about working here was my days off which was too short.
Hours
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Guymon, OKJuly 27, 2015
Pros: good compensation, healthcare
late hours don't work with me anymore. Need a new job.
I use to like it when i first started but after 8 months it just got bad. i would rather just have a job i dont work late hours anymore. so i can focus on my passion.
Good Place to start
Etl developer (Former Employee), Plano, TXJuly 27, 2015
Good fun loving place.
Great culture and nice people.
Not good with compensation but good chance to cultivate career and personal growth
customer service
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 26, 2015
company was ok but repossessions are horrible and dangerous. the company does not really assist with safety control in repossessions.
Not worth the trouble
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Fitchburg, MAJuly 26, 2015
I've been with the company for almost a full year. Still am not fully trained. District Managers only care about getting it done, but if you do not know how to or ask for help they will find a way to not help, or just don't know how to do it themselves. I have been hassled by a district manager for not working while punched out for my lunch several times.
Total death trap.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Saratoga Springs, NYJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Potential to gain sales and collections knowledge
Cons: Poor management/supervision from above, tough customer base, lazy employees that do not want to better themselves, poor bonus structure, low pay/salary, long hours.
Corporate all the way down to the regional manager do not care about the employees, especially if your performance is not tip, top monthly. I took over a store that was under chaos. Received a brand new staff of 3 employees, two of which were brand new to the company. The other had 5-6 months experience and had received training, but was not ready to be an assistant, basically making it so I had to do everything. I turned around the store which was down on the year almost singlehandedly in the matter of a few months and was one of only 3 stores out of 10 to be up on the year. The issue was my staff just never improved, no matter what I did. They became so dependent on myself to do everything, otherwise my job would be on the line. Needless to say, I left because we became a staff of 3 total and I was done babysitting, working long hours, and being underpaid, especially bonus wise while my peers were in larger stores, under performing, yet earning more and never seemed to be under fire because of long tenures.
Be ready to work.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 24, 2015
Not a bad company to work for. Would not recomend to anybody though. Never home, and the pay does not compensate for the work that you do on a daily basis.
Terrible Company treats employees like servants!
Manager (Current Employee), MiamiJuly 23, 2015
Pros: home office/employee purchase/
Cons: Upper management/bonus structure/job security/high turnover
Super High Turnover! Upper Management expectations are ridiculous! Recruiters will lie and lie hard to get people into the job, then when it happens will not answer their phone! Theres no training but will send you to a training store that's so busy they wont have time! I CANT KEEP EMPLOYEES! The company places tyrants over the districts who push and pull every last drop out of their employees! Your always alone in the store and have to work on your lunch break just to hit the ridiculous number set by a newly promoted regional(every year there is a new one) who only wants to hit these numbers and doesn't care if he destroys your life to get them! Everyday is a high volume sales day laced with expectations of higher sales than the day before! THERE IS NOT ONE ONCE OF APPRECIATION FOR GOOD WORK!
Fast Paced and great pay, but long hours
Customer Account Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 23, 2015
Pros: one hour lunches, great starting pay
Cons: Heavy lifting, Minimum Job Security
If you are looking for a job that is fast paced and has a great starting pay rate this is for you, but if you dont like long hours and lifting throughout the day then this may not be the job for you
less than fair
Credit Manager (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Lots of tasks and assignments
Cons: pay
Physically demanding and goal oriented. Handled customer in store and in the field. Control of credit applications and past due accounts. Constant follow up on accounts. Inventory check in and returns are part of a the everyday tasks. Dependability on co-workers is a must in everyday dealings with customers.
Fun work place
Store Manager (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Multi tasking
Cons: collections on expired accounts
Greeting people and helping them accomplish their personal goals when it comes to home decorations and household needs. We delivered furniture, electronics, and appliances at affordable flexable payments.
Bad Exp
customer account manager (Former Employee), Christiansburg, VAJuly 18, 2015
Pros: Learning customers
Cons: 9 to 7 monday thru saterday
I was told I needed to find out what was more important work or school. The manager would not work with me so I could also attend class. He was also more into the female coworker more than myself. I did like being able to intereact with customers.
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), East Stroudsburg, PAJuly 16, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: communication/job security
My Job at RAC is very fast paced but it is a place of employment that if we are unable to collect funds or our products from customers our job is not secure. On a daily basis I receive in merchandise, do inventory, take payments, work collections, clean, place orders for items needed for store purposes, and sales. The place is not very well organized and I am not able to do my job as it is supposed to be completed because the over head is unorganized and goes on a whim instead of following policy. Communication is the hardest part of my position because no one does this or takes it seriously. Another hard part is you do not get noticed for all the hard work you put in from 9 to sometimes 9 everyday to make the company successful, all that is done is being put down for what you are unable to complete due to communication. All and all I can adapt to any job but this one has taken a toll on me and my life with my kids.

1 2 3 4 5

About Rent A Center

Our stores offer name-brand furniture, electronics, appliances and computers through flexible rental purchase agreements that – Read more

Rent A Center Salaries