Rent A Center
1,368 reviews

Rent A Center Employer Reviews

decent pay/ long hours
Store Manager (Current Employee), MAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: work/home balance, no security
getting ready for another sales and collections day. very fast paced, always seem under staffed. You are only as good as your results today.
Decent company
Assistant Manager of Collections (Former Employee), Mattydale, NYFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: room for growth
Cons: hard customer base
Good company to work for with a wide variety of customer base with room for growth to management. Must be very competitive to deal with company goals and achievements.
Not bad
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Peru, ILFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: benefits, competitive pay, bonuses
Cons: unflexible work schedule
This job pays the bills and allows career advancement very quickly. As a company I have nothing negative to say. The schedule is tough to live with however.
Not very considerate of others
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee), Binghamton, NYFebruary 24, 2015
All rent a center is concerned about is getting paid, they dont care how they treat their employees esp. if their employees are females oh and they lied to me about renting and working there,they also lied to my fiance on black friday just so they could get their sales
Lots of work experience
Account Manager (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 23, 2015
Start the day by having morning meetings and and then making call-thru to current customers to ensure on-time payments and prospect new customers.Then the daily planner of scheduled deliveries for the day.
Nice Work Atmosphere
DISTRICT MANAGER (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: good job
The focus is changing at an alarming pace and puts people is difficult situations once you get direction, it changes before you can understand it.
Productive and fun place to work.
Store Manager/Sales Manager (Former Employee), Moncks Corner, SCFebruary 21, 2015
I really enjoyed being apart of the Family with Rent A
Center. It takes a lot of hard work and dedication to make it with this company. I advanced within 6 months of working there to Asst Manager and a year and a half to Store Manager. Loved my co-workers and helping to train and encourage them to be the best I knew they could be. I wanted them to shine when it was their time to move up. The hardest part for me was the balance between work and home. I missed out on many thing with my kids because I worked 60-70hrs a week. The most enjoyable part of the job was my customers. Oh man, just being able to talk and spend time with them was the best part of my day. I knew my customers by name and made sure they smiled before they left. I loved being able to help and doing things for them. I enjoyed feeling that connection with them on a personal and professional level.
productive and Fun job
Account manager (Former Employee), Millsboro, DEFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: showed their employees that they truely cared about them and appreciated what we did.
Cons: the long hours
My days here consist of selling merchandise, calling my cards , Delivery of merchandise, typing contracts and explaining to the customer all about there agreement and Telamarketing calls was definitly a new and well taught expericience for me. My coworker were the best, the hardest part on this job for me was to have to tell a customer that i had no choice but to pick up the merchandise, but hey it was my job to.
if your a family man/women not for you
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Current Employee), East Moline, ILFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: benefits and pay is ok
Cons: long hours and attitude
its a descent job if you dont have family. Great benefits and descent pay but the management and scheduling is not organized.
Poor work life balance
Store Manager/lead asst mgr (Former Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: great pay and benefits including employee purchasing discounts
Cons: very long hours, varying expectations and small staffs
This is a great company to work for in the fact that you get to meet new people and help make their lives a little better. It will pay you a decent amount of money but the politics of the ever changing management requirements of you will always leaving you guessing on what to do next.
Productive workplace
Account Manager (Current Employee), MICHIGANFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: pay, bonuses, timing
Cons: short breaks, expectations
Deliver and set up merchandise in the homes of the customers. I learned that you must have patience dealing in the field of collections. Management is OK but could use some improvement and the co-workers are cool to work with. The hardest part of the job is getting most of the customers to pay on time but the easiest part is delivering the merchandise because it is considered to be a nice work out.
Management is to lax, company disorganized and self indulged
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), tyler, txFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: stay busy
Cons: inadequate attention to employees by management
at work by 9-10 am
learned that if it needs done badly, do not expect much
management is more worried about them self and the mighty dollar than their employees and what is going on inside the company, laws broken, customers violated, managers having relationships with coworkers and customers.
I have watched and seen and been a coworker who has made several complaints and asked for something to be done but nothing happens, my coworkers and I have came to the end of our rope
The hardest part of the job is wanting things to get better and asking for help and seeing nothing done
The most enjoyable part of the job are them coworkers who have been there with me trying to hold each other up and just make it through another work day
Long hours, high pressure
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Vancouver, WAFebruary 17, 2015
A typical work day involves long hours, high pressure to get sales, and having to deal with difficult people both internally and externally.
If you love all types of people this job is for you.
Sales Account Manager (Former Employee), South Attleboro, MAFebruary 15, 2015
if sales and collections is your strong point this is the job for you. Also , if you don't mind delivering fridges to the 3rd floor you'll love working here.
10 hours days and bed bugs
Customer Account Representative (Current Employee), Belmont, NCFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: no pros, everything thats was fun ended last year
Cons: ton of roach, bed bugs, its not a career
if you like working all day and dirty homes, than this job is for you. The DM well you know your just a body that i easy to replace.
great place to work
Credit Manager (Former Employee), Eugene, ORFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: the pay
Cons: long days and hours
its a very physical job and very, very long hours you work at a min of 50 hours a week the pay is good but super long hours. it is hard to progress in the company you have to wait till someone gets fired or moves up and that's not very often!
Excellent Job
Account Manager (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: respect shown and employee benefits
Cons: the hours
it was a great place to work, I enjoyed everything about it except the hours.
the pay was cool.
the people I worked with were amazing.
the customers were great.
Great, friendly and fast pace !
Accounts Representative/Credit Manager (Current Employee), Lake Havasu City, AZFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: 5+ hours of overtime weekly, teaches leadership
Cons: may cause stress at times
Every day is a new day at RAC. There are slow days where there are only a couple of sales but it drives you to push yourself to compete with the other stores in your district. An account representative manages customer accounts and we do our best to try and make a customer happy and worry free when he or she feels like they can no longer afford their merchandise. Figuring out ways to make it so that your customer stays with us. losing a customer is the worst feeling. The more customers you lose, the less the store makes and it means the less that the company needs employees if you know what im saying. Ive held on strong for a year and a half now. the hardest part of the job has to be collections and dealing with customers who feel that they can make a payment whenever they feel like it. My current store manager has to be the best manager there is. Not only are we treated as a team but as family. there is nothing better than that since the long hours at rent a center interfere with family time at home. over all it is a great job! taught me about customer rapport and sales. theres nothing better than building a rapport with your customers.
no weekend off ever
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee), columbia scFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: get paid every week
Cons: no weekend off
I actually like working at rent a center the pay was okay it was just never having a weekend off is kind of depressing. This a job for a older person with no personal life.n
comfortable and very uniform
Account Manager (Former Employee), lawrence maFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: benifits
Cons: no advancement
start times are typically between 730 am and 900 am. usually work about 10 hours a day. not bad place to work but advancement was very slow. best part of the job were the benifits and gaurantee hours. the employees did work as team which was good.

1 2 3 4 5

About Rent A Center

Our stores offer name-brand furniture, electronics, appliances and computers through flexible rental purchase agreements that – Read more