Rent A Center
1,160 reviews

Rent A Center Employer Reviews

Great company
Manager (Former Employee), East Ridge, TNAugust 19, 2014
Great company. Good opportunity for advancement. Excellent benefits.
Coorporate
Store Manager (Former Employee), Wasilla, AKAugust 19, 2014
Pros: advancement
Cons: high turnover poor wages
Short staffed.
The company sets unrealistic goals that are generally not obtainable.
A Fun Job But Not A Career
Credit Manager (Former Employee), Lee's Summit, MOAugust 19, 2014
Pros: fun work environment, meeting different people everyday, getting out of the office on deliveries
Cons: low pay and not a career position
Rent-A-Center is a fun place to work if you don't mind drastically overcharging people for furniture, appliances and electronics they probably want but don't necessarily need. And let's face it, if you walk into a Rent-A-Center, you probably already know what you're in for as far as paying too much for something to have the option of buying it over – more... time with poor credit. If you want a decent workout mixed with some good office and phone experience, this is a fun job but I wouldn't make it a career. – less
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Duluth, GAAugust 19, 2014
Delivering exceptional service to our guest and team throughout business hours. I was able to focus on my development throughout the years and getting continuous development from other leaders. I enjoyed developing team members into leaders and watching their success.
productives days and long hours
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), naplesAugust 19, 2014
Pros: telemarketing
Cons: one hour brake
very long days, lots of telemarketing, lifting heavy weight
Productive and awesome place to work at.....
E.A. to Assistant Gral. Counsel of P.A. (Former Employee), Plano, TXAugust 18, 2014
Working for any Executive at Rent A Center was the best experience I ever had. Great environment, great people and always felt like I couldn't wait to go back to work the next day.
Great pay and benefits. Ruff environment
Sales Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Coeur d'Alene, IDAugust 16, 2014
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: long hours, no work life balance, super stressful and negative environment
Was a great place to work to get a guaranteed paycheck. Ruff workplace environment. split days off with 47 hour weeks, usually working from 8am-7pm 5 days a week. If you have a family prepare yourself to not see them very much because work always comes first. Even if you are sick they make you feel bad for trying to use your earned sick days.
good job
Account Manager (Former Employee), Lubbock TexasAugust 14, 2014
Pros: liked everything except hours
Cons: late hours of work
Overall liked this job. It was just hard when you have kids to run around but couldn't because you were stuck at work.
Hate them.
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee), Woonsocket, RIAugust 14, 2014
Cons: company of con-men
Pay is good, work is tough, but I hate them because they "laid me off" due to the district being over by 1. 2 weeks later, they hired 2 new people at a lower rate than me.
Not an ideal place to work if you have a family.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 13, 2014
Pros: employment, employee purchase program.
Cons: everything else
By far, the worst job that I've ever had. From unrealistic expectations, to being belittled and bullied by upper management. If you value your family, this is the wrong company to work for.
Learning environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYAugust 13, 2014
Pros: met some great people
Cons: i deas are not heard and respected.
I have learned a whole lot more about how the business run and what it takes to make things fit for people in the community.
Nice place for advancement
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee), Hazel Park, MIAugust 13, 2014
A typical day would include a call log, telemarketing, about 5-10 deliveries, and setting show room floor.
Room For Advancement
Lead Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Shelbyville, KYAugust 12, 2014
Pros: decent benefits, employee benefits
Cons: no consecutive days off, no sick time, vacation time doesn't come until after 1 year of employment.
Plenty of room for advancement, but you will have no work/home life balance right from the start. If you have a family that you like spending time with then this is not the job for you. If you are single then this would be perfect. Advancement can happen fast as long as you have a willingness to learn. Also if you value having two consecutive days off – more... then stay away. It will never happen unless you're on vacation. – less
Would have been a great place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Plano, TXAugust 12, 2014
We were hired as temporary to hire with no management available but the salary was good and encouraged us to try to do our best, at the end the help desk position were terminated. Would have loved to work there full time..
busy work environment
COLLECTIONS/CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 12, 2014
Pros: great pay and benefits.
Cons: very long hours!
A typical day you come in make your calls for your route, see what deliveries need to be made and load thee deliveries onto the truck. I cant speak for all managers by managers were great and so were my coworkers.
Productive and career rewarding opportunities
Store Manager/ Recruiting and Training Manager (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJAugust 11, 2014
Pros: career advancement, benefits and employee purchase program
Cons: 50+ hours, 30min lunches and collections
Company provides opportunity for advancement, typical day of work consist of daily operations of the store. I learned management and how to work with all personalities. Co-workers, are hard working and dedicated. Hardest part of the job is not the physical labor but the mental. Having to meet and exceed company standards in Sales and Collections. I – more... enjoyed mostly providing excellent customer service and working with the diverity of our customers. – less
upper mangement is terrible
Lead Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Crafton, PAAugust 10, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: long hours, upper management
They promote that they are family oriented, but you don't have much family time,
productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Covington,August 9, 2014
Pros: being able to communicate with people
Cons: having to help deliver furniture
A typical day at work consisted of helping customers choose merchandise for their homes, with their payments and making the showroom floor look presentable. The hardest part of the job was helping to deliver when I had to. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people.
ok place
Store Manager (Former Employee), Rochester, NHAugust 7, 2014
I would recommend working at MetroCast if you're currently a student looking for a stable paycheck. This is not the place to work if you'd like an actual career.
Great job and company
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 6, 2014
Pros: great company great benifits
Cons: managments inconsistency
My overall experience with Rent A Center was a great one from great co worker to awesome customers....I learn many collection tactics while employed and also improved both customer service and sales skills inconsistency

1 2 3 4 5

About Rent A Center

Our stores offer name-brand furniture, electronics, appliances and computers through flexible rental purchase agreements that – Read more