Rent A Center Employee Reviews

Never Work here
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 16, 2018
Management does not care about your life outside of work, Will have you work ridiculous hours, but then turn around and argue that we have too much overtime. Some days we would have to be short staffed just because others were close to over time.
They favor store managers that know how to manipulate the system to make the numbers look good.
Pros
Cons
hours, vacation, salary
Good place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 15, 2018
I worked there for 5 years. Had a fun time doing it. You learn about everything from appliances to electronics. Very challenging job. But very fun as well
This working environment is very competitive
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 15, 2018
This is a fun place to work if you have a competitive spirit. Employees are expected to do a number of duties. Employee are expected to rent, collect, deliver, pickup, and repair merchandise when necessary.
I have learned to become highly organized and I also developed great time management skills.
The most difficult part of the job was keeping reliable help, because the pay was not competitive, with others rent to own companies. We often lost good employees to competitors due poor hourly wages.
The most enjoyable was the customers.
Pros
paid weekly
Cons
Very difficult to control employment environment
not a good work place
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield Gardens, NYJanuary 15, 2018
it was a some what a good work place but the dm was not very understanding and his english was really not all that good i will have to say that my new dm was not that bed but working for rent a center you will be over worked as a manager and under paid, they want you to open and close the store every day even on your day off the DM will tell you to come in to work.
Working as a Customer Account Representative
Customer Account Representative (CAR) (Former Employee) –  Derry, NH 03038January 15, 2018
Every position at Rent A Center is a sales driven position. Even as a Customer Account Representative (CAR), which entails Delivery and pick up of merchandise, making credit and sales calls, setting up, moving, and cleaning merchandise and showroom.

The most difficult part for me was making credit calls (calling people who are late on their payments), knowing most aren't going to be nice about it. I loved the people I worked with. I learned that I'm not a salesman.
Fun
Sales floor manager (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 15, 2018
Loved working there the people and managers were great. The hours are awesome and the overtime was cool the bonus were not bad it was awesome fun loved when we got reconized
I Got Lucky
Delivery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fairless Hills, PAJanuary 14, 2018
I worked at the Fairless Hills location and i worked with some great people who i am still friends with. Management at this location is fantastic and the coworkers are also great.
Pros
Very organized, Honest management
Cons
Labor when delivering
RentaCenter
Credit Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 14, 2018
RentaCenter has a terrible work/life balance. Rules on standards change almost every other week. They tend to promote people who don't deserve it. There is almost no respect for employees by upper management. Vacations can't be taken when you want them yet they depend on when they say you can take it. Only good things is it's a secure job being that they have a high turn over rate and they get paid weekly.
Pros
weekly pay and job security due to high turn over rate
Cons
work/life balance is extremely low, terrrible management, can't take vacations when you want to even if you've accrued the time
Not a good place for anyone in Relationship or has kids.
Collections Manager (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJanuary 14, 2018
They require 48 hours, and will not be accepting of any excuses. They are really rude when it comes to messing up, and they always will find a reason to write you up.
Pros
Money
Cons
Managment, Work enviornment
Sales
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 14, 2018
Working at Rent A Center is all about Sales and collections. Management is only interested in numbers. If you are not good at sales and customer service this isn't for you.
management
Sales Manager/ Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Holly Springs, MSJanuary 13, 2018
Needs more training in getting her employees to work together in a safe environment. I enjoyed working for the company and serving the customers. Most of the customers wanted only to talk to me when I was at work, because of my friendly and professional work experience that I show them.
Very fun, but very frustrating
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJanuary 12, 2018
Rent-A-Center was a good learning experience; however, I had left the company due to me leaving to pursue my Bachelors Degree. This job is meant for strong and fast paced individuals such as those who can lift over 70 pounds. They paid excellent, but to me pay did not matter to me due to the fact that Rent-A-Center was just a temporary job and it had no relation to my degree. Also, the customers were a handful and very rude and demanding.
Nasty and stressfull
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Beckley, WVJanuary 12, 2018
Like all other dead end jobs it's mismanaged, you have to go in very nasty and sketchy envroments, and the jib is very stessfull. But has it's chill moments.
Pros
Drive time can be relaxing
Cons
Nasty, management.
fun and competive work environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJanuary 12, 2018
Rent a Center is a highly competitive work environment which is challenging. It is a great place to learn and sharpen your management skills. You learn sales, collections, budgeting etc.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
compensations could be better
Stressful Environment. Poor Management
Customer Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 11, 2018
I quit working at rent a center because the bad customers out weighted the good. i got attitude every day. My boss and many other co workers also had lots of negative attitudes. i didn't quit until my manager decided to insult me 3 times in two days, then he kept directing me how to do my job based off his inability to do my job my way. He kept making me late to deliveries, rushing me where i didn't need to rush, and always blamed me for it. even though i did what he said. i would never recommend this rent a center 4926 to anyone. There is too much drama within the staff and with Customers.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Gossip, Negative customers, etc.
ehhhjhjhjh
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Paris, TXJanuary 11, 2018
sucked hardcore dont work really hated working there, it was disgusting. you really dont know how gross people are until youve been in their filthy house
Very results driven
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Marysville, CAJanuary 10, 2018
Very easy business to learn but training and development are lacking. They focused strictly on the results but did not teach you how to achieve the the results
Pros
steady job and stable
Cons
lack of encouragement
Great starting out...
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, PAJanuary 10, 2018
When I started at RAC I thought it was great. As I advanced the more reporting, and nonsense tracking forms we had to do. As a manager you have to do just about everything including everyone else's job below you. The sales assistants had it the easiest as they didn't have to do much of anything. So if you get hired on stay an assistant.
Pros
You are off Sundays and paid weekly
Cons
Pretty much everything else
Fun
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 10, 2018
Typical workday for me was creating sales orders, both cash and weekly payment sales, customer service, billing, data entry and filing. I also trained other co-workers where applicable.
Every day is different
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 10, 2018
Follow up with stores on yesterday's sales and collection performance and set goals for the day. Completed store audits follow up on training. Management is fair. Job is not hard but challenging in all areas. Helping customers improve their quality of life by getting to ownership of the merchandise.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
No home work balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rent A Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6