Rent A Center
1,545 reviews

Rent A Center Employee Reviews

Good Pay
Truck Driver and Collections (Former Employee), Akron, OHJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Good Pay
Cons: Too many hours
Busy schedules with heavy work. Long hours Interestinbg to see how people live in their homes. Great people to work with. Most managers are eay to get along with
The people are the best part
Senior CRM Strategy (Current Employee), Plano, TXJuly 2, 2015
RAC is a company that truly values its employees and more importantly their customers. Everything is customer based. The corporate office provides many activities for its employees to come together, learn and have a great time.
Repetitive, but competitive.
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 2, 2015
Pros: staff, customers, contest, vacation time, benefits
Cons: time away from home, angry customers, bad customers
I had a great experience working for the company. I was a sales manager so the constant sales calls and promoting for the current or next sale was a never ending headache but the rewards was very impressive with raises for performance and overall gratitude for the hard work. I would definitely recommend this job to those willing to put forth the effort and dedication it takes to succeed in rent to own.
Lease to own
Store Manager (Former Employee), Saratoga, NYJuly 1, 2015
My co workers were wonderful to work with and the most enjoyable was when this was a franchise owned company. The company itself was difficult when having to do collections in Saratoga but on a great summers day was very good to get and enjoy some sun outside.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Waynesburg, PAJuly 1, 2015
you will learn a lot about yourself, management at my store was very involved with the workers to try and teach them everything they knew.
Fast paced workplace with room opportunity to advance
Store Manager (Former Employee), Pahrump, NVJune 30, 2015
Pros: Good excercise, sales and collection experience, good pay
Cons: Expensive benefits, long days, occasional issue on collection visits
A typical day was completing daily P&L, bank deposit, and delivery schedule while supervising associates making collection calls and preparing for store opening. Throughout the day, taking payments, promoting sales and supervising staff for necessary daily tasks. Spoke to District Manager Hourly for updates. 50+ sales/telemarketing calls daily. I learned how the Rent to Own industry worked and how to correctly make collections on past due accounts. The management was good to work for. Most of the time helping with anything necessary to reach sales and collection standards. The hardest part of the job was telemarketing the same people repeatedly. The most enjoyable part of the job was the atmosphere. Even though fast paced, working with the customers and other coworkers made it enjoyable.
Sales
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Winston Salem, North CarolinaJune 30, 2015
Pros: meet new people
Cons: strict sales requirements
• Conducted informative consultations and sessions
• Sold additional services and expanded customer base.
• Organized fitness camps to promote services.
IT WAS FUN WORKING WITH MY CUSTOMERS AND COWORKERS.
GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee), 1416 MARTIN BLVD, BALTIMORE MDJune 30, 2015
Pros: I WOULD GIVE THE ASSOCIATE THAT EXCEEDS THEIR GOALS A SATURDAY OFF WITH PAY.
Cons: ASSOCIATE WAS SCHEDULE TO WORK LATE MORNINGS.
A TYPICAL WORK DAY INCLUDE, MORNING HUDDLE WITH STAFF OUTLINING WHAT WE NEED TO GET DONE TO REACH OUR GOAL FOR THE DAY,REVIEWING PREVIOUS DAY NUMBERS AND MAKING ADJUSTMENTS AS NEEDED AND FOLLOWING UP ON STAFF TO MAKE SURE WE STAY ON TRACK TO TO REACH THE DAY'S GOALS. I LEARN AS A MANAGER THAT IF THING DO NOT TURN OUT AS PLAN ON ANY DAY I HAVE REGROUP AND START PLANNING FOR THE NEXT DAY AND ALSO HOW TO MANAGE DIFFERENT PERSONALITIES IN REGARDS TO MY CO-WORKERS. IN MY PREVIOUS JOB WE HAD TO DO COLLECTION TO ORDER TO HIT OUR GOALS AND THAT WAS THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB. I ENJOY INTERACTING WITH CUSTOMERS I WAS ABLE TO HAVE GREAT RELATIONSHIP WITH THEM, WE WOULD TALK ABOUT THING THAT WAS NOT RELATED TO BUSINESS THEY WOULD ASK ME FOR MY ADVICE WHICH I WAS GLAD TO GIVE BUT MY GREATEST REWARD THAT I HAVE IS TO HAVE EMPLOYEE THAT LEFT TO FURTHER THEIR CAREER ELSE WHERE SEND ME A EMAILS, CARDS AND CALLS ABOUT THE INFLUENCE THAT I HAVE IN THEIR PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL LIVES AND THANKING ME FOR THAT.
It a typical job it has its ups and downs
Customer Account Rep. (Former Employee), Tooele UtJune 30, 2015
Its a fun job if you are working with the right people. The hours are a bit demanding. its not easy to get promoted but job security is good.
Not what I thought it would be
Manager In Training (Former Employee), HoustonJune 30, 2015
Not what I thought it would be. Not what I had expected, This was not the job for me. It is a good company overall just not what I was led to believe that job would be.
Its great financially
Assistant Manager, Credit I/O (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXJune 30, 2015
Pros: Pay
Cons: Hours
Rent-A-Center was a great facility to work for despite the long work days. Fairly easy but I wouldn't go back to work for them.
Good place to learn and apply customer service skills
Account Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJune 29, 2015
Pros: great heath insurance
Cons: demanding shedule
Good place to work, demanding schedule with room for growth. Two weeks vacation after a year of service. Multi tasking required.
Customer Account Represenative
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee), 640 Wilton RdJune 29, 2015
I was responsible for Sales, Collections, Delivery, Set Up, Service and Recovery of products. I was also responsible for filling spots on floor and making sure older product was sold to make room for newer products
Good full time job
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJune 29, 2015
This was a great job, I learned a lot about sales and also learned how to deal with people a lot better. The only con I have are the long hours.
Good Franchise but limited
Sales Route Rep (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 29, 2015
Ienjoyed working there because of the hours and overtime but not really to build a future. More like a job to get you started on tuff times. I would go back only if there was a management opportunity
cool wrk environment
Account Manager (Former Employee), Augusta, GAJune 29, 2015
Pros: alot of free lunches lol
Cons: alot of time at wrk with small compensation
cool place overall, mostly enjoyed my cowrkers i worked with, we all meshed together well, advancement opp but with small compensation in my eyes at least.
great company
customer account representative (Former Employee), columbus and atlanta georgiaJune 28, 2015
Pros: daily public relations
Cons: having to clock out at the end of the day.
*my time is the rent to own industry was 30 plus years.i started with rent a center in 1987 and left in 1993 due to my daughter being born. i returned to rent a center in 2003 and performed my duties until 2015.the reason i chose rent a center as a career was because i was able to use my accounting skills and my athletic abilities at the same time.my coworkers made the job enjoyable because we were all basically in the same state of mind to accomplish the goal of making rent a center a success.
the hardest part of the job was having to leave at the end of the day. a typical rent a center store had five employees so we became a family.
the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the goals of gaining and retaining customers and meeting collection standards on a weekly basis.
having worked at rent a center gave me the ability to learn time management which i now know is very important when multi-tasking.
HARD WORKING,FAST PACED,SOME PRODUCTION.
ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE, SALES, DELIVERIES, REPOS. (Former Employee), 3050 S FIRST AVE GARLAND TEXASJune 27, 2015
Pros: SOME TIME MAKE EXTRA MONEY WITH BONUS OR SALES HITS.
Cons: MANAGEMENT WAS BAD LATE, NOT FOCUS, NOT APPRECIATIVE BAD CUSTOMER TREATMENT, AND EMPLOYEES, NOT MATURE FOR HIS POSTION.
VERY HARD WORKING, VERY FAST PACED, AND DEPENDABLE. AS SOON AS WE CLOCKED IN STARTED TURNING TVS ON OPENING GATES STARTED DUSTING OR CLEANING WASHERS OR REFRIGERATORS THEN STARTED CHECKING IF WE HAD TO BRING ANYTHING FROM OTHER STORES THAT WERE TRANSFER THE PREVIOUS DAY AND STARTED THE CUSTOMER'S CALL LIST EITHER THE REMINDERS OF THE DAY OR PAST DUE CUSTOMERS LUNCH FROM 12 TO 1 THEN 2ND CALL LIST AFTER LUNCH CHECK FOR CUSTOMERS AND SALES THEN DELIVERIES FROM 2 TO 6 PM, SOME TIMES HAD TO DO SERVICE CALLS CHECK FOR MALFUNCTION OF MERCHANDIZE AND DELIVER AND FINALLY PICK UPS OR RETURN OF MERCHANDIZE.
Work hard and then work harder to increase productivity at all times
Store Manager (Former Employee), Alma, MIJune 26, 2015
Pros: Great benenfits, good pay, good mgmt bonus structure
Cons: 60 hr work week; intense pressure to sell at all times
a typical day at work was daily morning paper work, a weekly conference call with DM, 2 times collections calls, 2 or 3 times daily marketing calls, constant and consistent sales activities, daily deliveries and pick ups of merchandise, and constantly answering emails from superiors and constantly justifying your productivity.
No work life balance
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Palm Coast, FLJune 25, 2015
No work life balance as they state in there mission statement. Co-workers were great to work with, very long hours with spilt work week

1 2 3 4 5

About Rent A Center

Our stores offer name-brand furniture, electronics, appliances and computers through flexible rental purchase agreements that – Read more

Rent A Center Salaries