Rent A Center Employee Reviews

Found 2,067 reviews matching the search
laid back kind of job fun people!
Lead Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZ 85713December 22, 2016
it was the best job experience i had i met friends that became family. the experience alone is so awesome. I promise you this! you come out winning! i am telling you this company will work with you. Do you want to know how i know? Well when my child was sick and needed surgery and i needed to be relocated to a different city they helped me with no question and for that they are freaking awesome.
Pros
laid back job !
Cons
theres times where you have to put in work, but then again its a job
Great times
Warehouse/ Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAJanuary 12, 2017
A typical day for my driver position started off by checking the schedule and going over and fixing any mistakes on the schedule. The work was physically demanding which was a good thing because that meant that it would keep you busy and on a roll. I enjoyed talking to customers and helping them cope with there everyday duties, by installing product for them it gave them one less worry. The employees where awesome and very helpful when I needed advice on how to do things. I learned how to really approach deliveries, assignments in a strategic way and prioritize.
Pros
Friendly work environment, on the road a lot for deliveries and road trips
Cons
no benefits, no insurance
Loved taking new products out of the box and demoing them for customers
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INJanuary 17, 2017
Set up the daily drawer and have all electronics up and running before opening the store. I learned that people come from all walks of life and no one should be judged by their look. The management was excellent especially when it came to locating certain items for the customers. The co-workers were good to work with because we all were problem solvers. the hardest part about the job was finding specific items in certain stores. The most enjoyable part about the job was seeing the customers faces when I would get them approved for the items they wanted.
Pros
Always new electronics to demo
Cons
They closed all of the RAC Limiteds
very customer friendly environment. fast paced at times but managable
assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJanuary 3, 2017
day starts with review of the week to date and month to date numbers so we can gage what we need to accomplish to reach or exceed those numbers. also start reaching out to customers in regards to payments on their accounts. management is team and goal oriented. coworkers are a pleasure to work with everyone pulls his or her own weight. hardest part of the job is the collection process. seeing satisfied customer's is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
bonus and performance perks
Cons
no flexibility in schedule
Great place to work all the help you can want
Store Manager/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHJanuary 18, 2017
This place is great they are all about their employees and the training is amazing. The company is always willing to take ideas and try them out and always takes care of their employees. There is tons of incentives and good hard work is acknowledged appreciated and rewarded. They do a lot of little fun competitions between stores in your market to make normal operations fun and exciting.
Pros
Lots of knowledge and training.
Cons
High stress job.
Run!
District Manager (Former Employee) –  USADecember 26, 2016
You'll give your life, sanity, family etc. up just to be the best. If you're the best one year and have a bad quarter the next you're gone. Once they put an accountant in charge of the company it all went downhill from there. CFO's should never be CEO's......but if you are lucky enough to be in the good ol' boys network and happened to fail as a EVP they usually just give you a new title even though the front line puts in more work and does not get the same privelage.
Pros
Pay based on performance
Cons
You'll kill your self making that bonus
Rac
Collections Manager (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TXDecember 20, 2016
If management is lacking then the policies change to benefit them. All Bonuses are not given evenly yet given to managers only. Only a handful actually give recognition to their employees, From Personal experience with 5 yrs in company the Store manager rarely performed any duties instead she took advantage of the younger workers and would put it all on them knowing that they couldn't possibly do their jobs 100% when performing her duties as well
Pros
You got a Job
Cons
Managment
Great job for the right person.
Credit Manager/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 5, 2017
This is a great job and place to advance, as long as you can take it. Due to the nature of the business here, only the strong survive and you must be able to deal with people; all kinds of people. As long as you can stand the long hours at times, high demand of productivity when it seems like ridiculous goals, and often times being short staffed. You can go above and beyond here. And the pay isn't bad either.
Pros
Somewhat flexible schedule, decent management at times, extra benefits.
Cons
Many stress factors, Dealing with many different homes, big on credit (first hand)
overall fun job, with some inner store issues.
Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 10, 2017
Overall the actual job and its responsibilities were enjoyable. I was able to learn how collections and furniture delivery typically goes. However, the day to day was bogged down, by personal business that the manager and co-workers could not seem to leave at home. It was also unfortunate to see the use of somewhat questionable work methods.
Pros
the work day, customers, deliveries
Cons
Management, the workflow, some coworkers
Turn back now!!
Asst Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILDecember 16, 2016
This company is TERRIBLE. If you have a family you will never seen them. Pay is not enough considering what you deal with on a daily basis unless you're lucky enough to work in nicer areas. I constantly had to call corporate on management and even had the district manager tell me (after I had been hospitalized for a couple days) that maybe I needed to go because some people can't handle that job!! This was after we had been through so many store managers at that point to the point where I felt like I was having to run the show... horrible horrible horrible you couldn't pay me enough to ever work here again....
Pros
NOTHING
Cons
EVERYTHING
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCDecember 14, 2016
This company may seem like it's a good place to work ...but becareful... it's not all great as it seems ... they pretty much hire anyone and can put anyone into management...let me put it this way ...professional or not... I had a good start but things went side ways quick....goals are not realistic... and the motto is not represented the way it's supposed to be... but yes I learn to increase my management experience even through all the crazy stuff!!
Pros
Cons
Not quality and low pay
Could be bettter
Customer Account Rep (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GAJanuary 8, 2017
You will stay busy for the majority of the day. Your main role will be collections, building/install/delivery, and sales.

Not for the faint at heart as you will learn to be ASSertive with customers. Unfortunately you will have preconceived notions on customers ability to pay on time weekly.

YOU WILL NOT HAVE 2 CONSECUTIVE DAYS OFF, which can be a pain because some days are grueling physically.
Pros
45 hours guranteed
Cons
sales goals
Absolutely terrible work environment.
Part Time Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Kendallville, INDecember 13, 2016
The job itself wasn't bad. What was bad was the other workers and the managers. I was sexually harassed and they made me feel like I was stupid if I asked questions. Even when I was working quietly I would be harassed. I was the scape goat and the one they constantly joked about. Would not recommend working here unless you like being degraded.
Pros
Okay job.
Cons
co workers, harassment, low pay, bad management.
Rent-A-Center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXNovember 22, 2016
The job can have its ups and downs, but if you do not kiss up to the District Manager in 442, then you are quickly put on the "naughty" list. I would not recommend for anyone to work for this company due to all the empty promises that they tell you. It is more important for you to be at work instead of taking your children to the doctor, or even if you are vomiting blood on the sales floor. The district manager will tell you, "it is ok," or "you planned for this to happen" or "if you go home then that is your job." The district manager does not take s. harassment claims serious either.
Pros
Get to meet incredible people (customers/coworkers alike)
Cons
threatens your job if you don't suck up.
High paced environment
Assistant Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXJanuary 17, 2017
Working at Rent-A-Center is no walk in the park. It is a very challenging job atmosphere with roller coaster type dealings. The hardest part of working there is dealing with management. One week, you're the hero; the very next week, they're looking for your replacement. This job does teach you many things but I would not work there again.
Pros
Fast paced, benefits
Cons
Work/personal balance is rough. Management.
Decent workplace
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Del Rio, TXNovember 17, 2016
Job consisted of a checklist of merchandise to deliver. cleaning the store or making sales calls on slow days. On occasions being sent to collect payments or merchandise. Good teamwork, unless working on your own. A great job if you're a student or single with no children. Good workout carrying merchandise. If business is slow, you get sent home.

All in all, not a bad workplace. Perform well and you'll do well with the company. Gives you hands-on experience in customer service.
Pros
Good paying job for students, great teamplayers, management is good to get along.
Cons
No job security, working during hot summer days, employment turnover.
Horrorable place to work no one with a sane mind show go there
CAR (Former Employee) –  Blue Springs, MONovember 28, 2016
This place sucks they say you are responsible for one thing and in turn you are told to do everything in and out side the store. you have to go out on the truck and delivery and install the product along with driving and calling 300 plus people to collect payment and they also want you to hit a sale goal everyday and yell at you when you can not do all this in a 7 hour day.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
eveything
very upseting high level of stress because of managment
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Arcade, NYDecember 5, 2016
well first everything that happens even if you havent been at work in a week is your fault you are reuqired to always work over and before without adaquite compensation as well as get no time off when asked typical day at work is making 20 trips to the same place because communication and organization within management is bad
Pros
Cons
management
allowed to leave store on lunch break
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 2, 2016
Met some great customers learned P&L - Profit and loss projections Rental agreements, wonderful past management some great co-workers the hardest part of the job was getting the merchandise back in good condition and on time payments the most enjoyable part of the job helping people that could not afford to pay
Pros
Competitive pay, Benefits
Cons
horrible collection procedures, lack of storage for inventory
Sales Management Position was AWESOME!
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Lihue, HIOctober 27, 2016
I ABSOLUTELY LOVED working for Rent A Center! They taught me pretty much EVERYTHING I know in the Sales Management business. The training was intense but it was well worth it. I was fortunate to have and AMAZING team in Hilo and my Boss really took her time to be sure I knew EVERYTHING I needed to succeed. Sales events and promotions were my new found LOVE and I'd go back to Rent A Center in a heartbeat!
Pros
Great team and lots of knowledge gained from this business!
Cons
NONE

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rent A Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5