Rent A Center Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,857 reviews matching the search
Wouldn't recommend
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 27, 2016
Wouldn't recommend this company to work for simply for the job security alone, meaning your position isn't secure and you can be fired at any second
account manager
Senior account manager (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INJune 24, 2016
Work long hours, 10-13 a day. Saturdays are always awful, especially if "credit" (past due accounts) are out of hand. You are expected to get people with no money to make on time payments every week, if not you are forced to work over, and are threatened with your job. Once a month, you have to make cold calls to customers who haven't rented in years and try to convince them to come into your store. If you are luck enough to get a manager who understands that sometimes there isn't a lot you can do to manage accounts, then it's not so bad. I hated having to call people 3 times a day and beg for payment.
Cons
Long hours, low wages, no respect from upper management
well its a stressfull job
Credit Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Banos, CAJune 24, 2016
where your job is always in danger and they threaten you with being fired constantly if you don't sell and collect the money from the rented merchandise. my day was filled with my employees herrassing customers and taking back merchandise it was aweful. but i did learn how to be a very good customer service manager and treat ppl with respect.
Pros
get to buy furniture
Cons
well its not fair taking an item and selling it for 3xs as much as its worth
Out in the cold!
Regional Director Rent-A-Center/Acceptance Now (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 22, 2016
I was terminated after just a few months in position. I have 9 years with the company and prior to my termination no written or verbal warnings.

While my family was in the middle of being relocated, literally in a car driving to our new home I was terminated over the phone. No warning and or written disciplinary action. i was not given any direct reason besides, "you conducted yourself unprofessional". I would figure given the circumstance a coaching conversation would be in order. I could not fight the decision in my situation, family in a car and all my belongings on a moving truck. Could anyone imagine having your 2 young children and a wife on the road with no home and you get that call. I was offered a severance and had to jump on it or be left homeless. The metric results in the area I was managing looked the best they have in years. I cant believe me and my family are in this situation. No family, friends or relatives. This move was for work and to further my career.
Pros
I believe that RAC has people who care about and love the company
Cons
I don't know if the people who love and care are making the decisions all of the time
Laid back job
Account Managment/Asstiant Management (Former Employee) –  Fairless Hills, PAJune 22, 2016
It's a laid back job, it can be boring. Coworkers were great though! Days feel long. Make about 100 calls a day to people who just hang up on you.
Former Credit Manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Leland, NCJune 21, 2016
Ok place to work,a lot of things done that shouldn't be,a lot of foolish games and no time at home with family
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Long hours, very little raises, no saturdays off
A lot of hard work
Store, Market Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 20, 2016
You just never know how your day was going to be, What craziness may come through those doors or the phone. They have plenty of overtime.
Customer service driven with the desire to serve customers anyway possible.
Account Manager/Store Manager in Training (Current Employee) –  Thomaston, GAJune 20, 2016
morning meeting to discuss the goals of today. from that meeting, depending if you are the sales or account manager that determines your next steps of the day. the account manager is responsible in making sure that two rounds of collection calls are done daily, while the sales manager focuses on making sure the right amount of sales calls are done to generate business. This job is very good on developing it's co workers to be able to do any job due to having to adapt and learn different things from a business standpoint. The co-workers are great and focus on ensuring that the customer's needs are taking care of. The hardest part of the job is the work-life balance. In order for a co-worker to feel like he/she is wanted and appreciated, they must have some type of work-life balance to give the mind, body, and spirit a chance to recharge and continue doing great work for an organization. The most enjoyable part of the job is having the ability to help a customer get a little piece of happiness that they may not have gotten due to various reasons. Just seeing their faces as they obtain items that they never probably thought they could obtain. Customer service is everything.
Pros
competive pay and benefits
Cons
no work-life balance and long hours
Really good coworkers
Delivery Driver - Part Time (Current Employee) –  Woodward, OKJune 18, 2016
Most of the coworkers were really good, my boss always made sure to try to take care of us. This was one of my best jobs.
Productive workplace, though occasionally disorganized
Part-time Delivery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJune 17, 2016
A typical day at this job may include loading and unloading merchandise such as furniture or appliances to or from the box truck to take to or from customer homes, as well as working around the store refurbishing returned items or setting up new items on the showroom floor. I learned a lot about teamwork and effective communication between team members to get the job done as professionally and efficiently as possible. The hardest part of the job, aside from the heavier lifting, was taking merchandise from customers' homes to return to the store if they could no longer make their payments. The most enjoyable part of the job was providing service to customers in need and establishing good working relationships with my coworkers.
Enjoy giving service to the customers.
Lead Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Lexington Park, MDJune 16, 2016
Typical day at work consisted of managing the routes. Calling late customers to collect payment. Working in sales as well to assist customers in renting merchandise. Also ordering product for store. Filing customers files, verifying the information given before delivery. Assuring the customer understands their contract. Assisting Store Manager in her duties as well.
Challenging at Times
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 15, 2016
I am all for a challenge but some of the goals set for the stores are a bit unrealistic. Store managers are off Wednesdays and everyone is off on Sundays because all the stores are closed.
Interesting Place to Working with different attitudes
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 15, 2016
A day at Rent-A-Center consisted of opening and closing of store, making sure the cash drawers were balanced, and supervising staff, customers, and accounts. I enjoyed working with the customers because it helped me learn how to work with people on all levels. The hardest part of my job was going into homes which had very small entrances. The most enjoyable moment was giving good customer service and seeing a satisfied customer walk away.
Pros
Benefits and Advancements
Cons
Long work days
stay far far away like moufasa told simba in lion king
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Leechburg, PAJune 12, 2016
Company is a joke unrealistic goals, daily calls stating you suck cause you suck, if got sales they would complain and vica versa. 5 out of the 8 stores within the old district I used to work in do not have store managers. If value your sanity look elsewhere for employment
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
To better meet todays needs for maximizing profit
Assistant Manager, Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Sanford, MEJune 11, 2016
Company in process of restructuring.
More part-timers less top-heavy.
Multiple managers due to acquisition. Different management styles making a non consistent management work atmospheres at times. Straying from adapting new technology techniques to advance sales promotion. "It worked in the past no need to change"
Pros
good starting ground for people entering the business world
Cons
relatively small salaries for amount of hours worked.
Corporate Driving
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Garden City, GAJune 11, 2016
They have a high rate of turnover, they run a corporate schedule to a tee. They also have great training program. You deal with a lot of sales an collections.
Pros
Well known company
Long hours, little rewards
Manager-In-Training (MIT) (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJune 10, 2016
As a Manager-In- Training, I was required to preform every aspect of the operation, Sales, Promotions, Delivery, and Back Office. The training was good, and the people I worked with were nice. The hours were long and I always had split days off. There is a set order of operation that must be followed. If you are use to being a free thinker and a problem solver, this is not the job for you; the daily tasks are set in stone. I was promised my own store, that never happen. Had issues with the store manager being rude, had to take it up to HR. In the end I resigned. Would I recommend this company, yah...it just not for me.
Pros
Good Benifits
Cons
Targeting low income people as clients
productive and fun place to work at
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  West New York, NJJune 8, 2016
An a excited job were you can learn new skills everyday,very pleasant co-workers, the ability to preform job duties.the availability to work with a great team of co-workers and get the help you need.
Enjoy the company and coworkers
Sales Manager/SMIT/LAM (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJune 7, 2016
A typical day at work consists of collections, sales, deliveries,coaching/training and cleaning. I enjoy working with the public and serving my customers and coworkers from the heart. I have been with the company for almost 4 years and have had the opportunity to take over other stores, just unable to relocate to futher my career with this company. I am in need of a more work/life balance job. We are required to work every Saturday, in which affects my family time. Also, recently the company has made a change to our holiday policy and no longer offers us federal holidays off. I absolutely love my job being a Sales Manager/Store Mgr in Training and have furthered my training as a manager. I am uncapable of performing some parts of this job such as moving appliances, furniture, large electronics and very heavy items. I prefer to leave the company due to this and the management that I am currently working under in which, is not displaying leadership skills and likes to make drama at work. I am a very successful 39 year old lady whom would make a great fit for any company. Current position consists of Sales Manager, Store Manager In Training & Lead Assistant Manager.
Pros
Too many incentitives to list
Cons
Non professional leadership, took away our federal holidays
I like it
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 7, 2016
Positive upbeat environment to work in,opportunity for advancement is readily available competitive pay and retail store hours with major holiday off