Rent A Center
1,442 reviews

Rent A Center United States Employee Reviews

A great job for those willing to work brutal hours with no home life.
Trainee (Former Employee), NCApril 25, 2015
Pros: 45+ hours/week, set schedule, always have Sundays off
Cons: No consecutive days off, long Saturdays and Mondays, impatient management and people, heavy lifting, no work/life balance.
I worked for less than two weeks before quitting, and my experience was bizarre to say the least. They train you for a week at another store before sending you to your hired(home) store. The job consists of telemarketing the same people over and over again, calling past due clients for payment, and store operations. I knew after a few days this job wasn't for me. I don't enjoy harassing customers for payments and/or telemarketing. Some people are more suited for the job, I'm not one of those people. Between the dealing with disgruntled renters to the odd work environment, I had to leave. Every day was stressful, and in the end it just wasn't worth it. If you enjoy loading and unloading furniture, constantly dealing with PO'd customers, and having an unpaid 30-minute break, claps for you. I'd much rather work in a store that sold, not rented, merchandise.
n/a
credit assistant manager (Current Employee), Riverton, WYApril 23, 2015
Pros: best pay oppurtunities available
Cons: no family time
you work 45-50 hours a week no time for family split days off quick advancement oppurtunities the best part of the job is you get to know your co workers real well and become good friends
Good Oportunity during a tough job market
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Plano, TXApril 21, 2015
Pros: Job security
Cons: Weak learning experience
This was a good job during one of the toughest job markers in the recent years. I really appreciate the chance to have worked for a great company during hard times. I have nothing but good things to remember from my bosses and co-workers.
Assistant Manager
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Middletown CTApril 21, 2015
Great company, Supervised all employees and also help unloading and loading truck. Stocking, packaging and labeling.report any claims and maintain a 100 % customer service.
Employees
Sales Manager (Current Employee), dothan alApril 20, 2015
At first it was a great job and great environment. Now all they care about is money money money. Not there employees or how the job needs to be done.
Very stresssful job that takes up more of your life than it compensates.
Lead Assistant Manager (Former Employee), pittsburgh paApril 20, 2015
Pros: paid every week, employee purchase program.
Cons: no breaks, high health care, unrealistic goals, terrible upper management
Business driven best renting merchandise and 4.5 times the cost of the product. Long hours and you do not get consecutive days off in a week. Upper management does not treat you like a valuable asset to the company, they treat you like a number that can replaced.
Improving The Quality Of Life, One Customer At A Time.
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAApril 18, 2015
Pros: Promotional Oppurtunity Into Management Within Six Months
Cons: Working On Saturdays.
For almost 11 years now I have been able to work for a company that understands today's economy and the public's financial stress. With affordable weekly or monthly payments, customer's now have the ability to enjoy the most up to date products without going into debt.
A typical day consists of sales, collection efforts, telemarketing, and continued develop of product knowledge.
I've been able to keep up to date on the latest electronics, appliances, and furniture and been able to supply the customer with the product of their choice.
the sky is falling daily
StoreManager (Former Employee), Pittsburgh PAApril 18, 2015
pay is good 6 days a week no work life balance, constant pressure form above to always do better, constant harassment of customers
Great place to work.
Store Manager (Former Employee), CAApril 17, 2015
Pros: always meeting new people
Cons: sometimes carrying heavy furniture up a flight of stairs
Helping people to get appliances and furniture and bringing smiles across the faces of these people was the greatest feeling ever.
nice plance to work
District Manager Acceptance Now (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYApril 16, 2015
Good company, there isn't much of a work vs personal life balance. However the insurance with this company give you plenty of options and affordable.
Stay away from Rent A Center. Walmart woud be better.
Sales Manager/Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Lebanon, TNApril 13, 2015
Pros: Coworkers trying to do the impossible with nothing to work with.
Cons: The entire organization-the worst ever in my experience.
The day consists of trying to meet impossible and arbitrary goals set by home office on down the food chain until it hits the store level like a crushing weight. The District manager then call s or demands to know 4-5 times a day why you and the store aren't performing to "standards". Facts and reality are not accepted. They demand growth, growth, and more growth of the overpriced, substandard, or damaged products to the same group of low income customers. instead of spending money to use marking companies to bring in new customers.
The company treats customers who steal merchandise better than the employees. Our jobs are threaten daily by upper management, and the wages were acceptable in 1984, but not now.
Turn over of employees is astronomical and the moral is non-existent. People who try to make it work end up burnt out and frustrated, and leave.
I see no hope for this company.
Great place to work if you enjoy dealing with the public.
Store Manager (Current Employee), Morgantown, WVApril 12, 2015
Pros: 401k, healthcare, vacation
Cons: being salaried, not getting a day off, unrealistic expectations
I enjoy helping people get what they want or need and I have learned a lot about myself during my time with Rent-A-Center, but I really need to improve my quality of life and the demands are getting to be too much.
fun atmosphere
customer account rep (Former Employee), Midland, MIApril 8, 2015
Pros: being out on the road
Cons: no weekends off, days off are never together
A typical day at rent a center involved me doing credit runs on customers whether it was over the phone or making drive to their house. Making deliveries to customers homes. At times you never knew what management was looking for. one week they'd expect something out of you and the next week it'd be the opposite
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIApril 8, 2015
Pros: Discount
Cons: Lifting Furniture
Helping customers with their account.
The hardest part of my job was lifting furniture.
Taking payments over the phone.
My co-workers were very helpful.
Customer service overall.
N/A
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJApril 7, 2015
This company is great to learn a lot of morals you can use for everyday life. Management makes sure you know what you are doing. This company makes you strong. Management is great.
Productive and fun
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), New Britain, CTApril 7, 2015
Pros: Employee Purchase Program, Ability to transfer anywhere in the U.S.
Cons: Short breaks
ImageComputed sales prices, total purchases and processed payments. Described merchandise and explain operation of

merchandise to customers. Maintained knowledge of current promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges,

and security practices. Placed special orders and called other stores to find desired items. Recommended merchandise

based on customer needs. Operated a cash register to process cash, check and credit card transactions. Guided

customers in choosing items that reflected personal style and shape. Administered all point of sale opening and closing

procedures. Explained information about the quality, value and style of products to Influence customer buying decisions.

Replenished floor stock and processed shipments to ensure product availability for customers.
Demanding but fun
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 6, 2015
Pros: Daily interaction with customers
Cons: Very long work hours
My work day started with me first doing the daily reports to log and expenses from the day before, ex: gas. The reports also logged the revenue that was made, customer gains, customer loses and new inventory received in the day before. I then was responsible for getting the account manager's call list ready so that they can begin calling customers whose accounts were past due. Once that was complete I was responsible for completing an inventory of all merchandise in the store.
Review
Customer Account Representative (Current Employee), Scranton, PAApril 4, 2015
Rent a center is not very professional. I see very little opportunity for advancement. There is very little work life balance.
great employees
Account Manager (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJApril 1, 2015
Pros: great employees
Cons: not alot of hours
interesting job great opportunity to meet interesting people, customers are great. some not so friendly, management is fair and works with employees. the area is great.
Very professional company that is ran extremely well.
Driver for Alternative Education (Former Employee), Huntingdon, PAApril 1, 2015
The daily routine here is simply transporting students to and from their respective educational facility. Nothing really hard about and it was overall an enjoyable, relaxing job. I filled in on a few temporary positions when i was between jobs but i immediately gained respect for the company when I experienced how well maintained and clean their company vehicles were kept.

1 2 3 4 5

About Rent A Center

Our stores offer name-brand furniture, electronics, appliances and computers through flexible rental purchase agreements that – Read more

Rent A Center Salaries