Rent A Center Employee Reviews for Assistant Manager

This job is never meant to be for me
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Everett, WANovember 15, 2017
Working at rent a center as a assistant manger kept me away from my life and family. I worked so hard and so many hours and it is something I'm not used it. Maybe this job wasn't meant for me. I always felt stressed and I needed a break. It was a real pressure for me.
Rent a Center is alright
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Greeley, CONovember 13, 2017
It completely depends on were you go. When I was in Cadillac I loved it, not as much when I moved to Colorado. Over all the company is good when things are going well, but when things don't and people stop paying it cuts into your home life by making you stay late to try to get those payments.
Pros
Decent pay, good hours, friendly staff
Cons
Having to stay late for customer behavior, merchandise is expensive even for employees
Fast Paced and Stressful
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 12, 2017
The company itself is great for single people. I found it difficult to manage a healthy home life as the demands of the job. The company is strict on their standards. Often working my day off and staying late on the weekend in effort to hit their numbers. I remember working till 9pm on a Saturday when the store closed at 6pm. The employees and customers are great and make the job easier. The upper management is tough. This is a number based business and management had a high school mentality. If they don't like you, they will get rid of you.
Pros
Discounts, staff, and benefits
Cons
Work life and difficulty getting time off approved
Rxperience
2Nd Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CANovember 4, 2017
Working at rent a center i got a lot of experience in sales, collections and management, been working for rent a center for 4 years now, started off as a CAR and now assistant manager. but its time for me to move on to better things.
fair business
Assistant Manager, (Former Employee) –  NJNovember 1, 2017
Fair business, the hardest part is the extremes costumers go to, RAC costumer are unique. Store Management at times know less then their under studies and. If you have children you'd need a stay at home nanny.
Pros
pay, you have a job, costumers become family
Cons
sudden switch of employees, 8-9am-8pm
A lot of things you can learn
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 19, 2017
This company isn't realistic.They expect customers to rob a bank just so they can come in and make their payments. They make managers work on their days off if not they aren't consider a team leader. District managers don't give you the help you need. They expect for 2 people to do a 5 person job. Good managers, good employees and good customer leave because there is no professionalism. Most workers at human resource have no idea who rent a center works...but you learn how to work collections and sales. You also learn to handle bank deposites. You learn how to receive in new merchandize and transfer out. A lot of time you learn this on your own.
Pros
Free lunch if you hit goals
Cons
Too much hours, little money
Great place to work especially if you like to help makdifference in peoples lives
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Summersville, WVOctober 17, 2017
management was good always different things happening never a dual moment. You might be selling a living room one moment then taking a payment the next or refurbishing the next
Pros
Breaks off the clock
Cons
40 hours no over time
An okay place to work if you have no family or any kind of life
Assitant Manager (Former Employee) –  KYOctober 9, 2017
For me it wasn't a bad job. But if you work in a store where your manager has been there for a while. Well, promotion past assistant rarely exist...
Fast paced and fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAOctober 8, 2017
It was a fun place to work, Long hours but we kept busy at all times. Great sale experience. It was overall a great team and store. Alot of potential for growth. The weekly pay was great, probably my favorite part of the job.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Long hours/Work Saturdays
Overworked and underpaid
Lead Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 6, 2017
No work/life balance
WIl work you to death
Need a sick day and they make it seem like its the worst thing in the world that you need a day off
Really not worth the stress
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 6, 2017
Rent to own business is kind of a cut throat business within itself, and this job was just way too stressful and really not worth the minimal pay that they gave you.
Pros
Discounts on merchandise
Cons
Long hours, no life balance, highly stressful, constant pressure to make "numbers"
Rent to Own
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHOctober 3, 2017
My day typically began between 830 and 9am and ended between 7 and 730pm. I would print the daily paperwork and go over the goals for the previous day and the current day. Take care of customers as they call or stop into the store. I never had an issue with any of my managers and the small staff made for a very relaxed atmosphere.
Rent A Center was not for me.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Americus, GAOctober 3, 2017
Rent A Center is a good company, it just wasn't for me. Sales are very demanding, and you have to make sure the company is generating money through sells.
yeah
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTOctober 2, 2017
good service great customer skills I enjoy working there co worker is friendly we love helping customer. we work as a team to help company reach goals.
great benefits and advancement opportunities
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hallandale Beach, FLOctober 1, 2017
I always felt very comfortable working at Rent-A-Center, I learned a lot and wanted to grow with the company. A typical day was often fun at the beginning but the work and our customers were always our priority. I learned customer a great deal about conflict resolution and collection resolution practices. My management was influential in my growth and learning as much as possible to advance as quickly as possible. The work place culture always made me feel like we were a family and that we could depend on each other. The hardest part of the job was our collection of default accounts. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to take of our customers and working with so many great associates.
Pros
great discounts on home merchandise
Cons
sometimes long days were necessary but they complicated our schedules
It was nice working at RCT
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PASeptember 30, 2017
Management always work with you to make better job.
Help you to fix your mistakes, before fire you.
Is always room for advance.
The management guide you on your going up duty.
Cons
Normaly just one brake for lunch
Fun, relaxed place to work
Assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, KYSeptember 28, 2017
Love working here, I don't really have anything negative to say. Provided me advancement opportunities, good pay, vacation time. Great place to work. Pretty relaxed staff. Only work with a few people, store runs on 3 managers, 2 other full time employees and 1 or 2 part time. Work days usually go from about 8-7 give or take. One day off during the week and closed on sundays.
Pros
Paid vacation, great atmosphere for work
Cons
Days off are weird, schedule can be odd at times.
my opinion
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 21, 2017
Hardworking environment, gained a lot of managerial experience,store managers are fine until their district manager stresses them about numbers then you have to sell 10 items a day which most time is not beneficial to the customer, hardest part of the job unhappy customers,
working all-long side co-workers who are their to work
Pros
No day is the Same
Cons
unrealistic goals
Career Growth
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 19, 2017
I would like a career with the possibility of career growth and where I feel comfortable in my position and I don't feel that is something that I can do in my current position.
I worked for Rent-A-Center for 9 years.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaSeptember 18, 2017
Rent-A-Center was a very challenging job and experience. However I learned a lot about the rent to own buisness alng with buisness in general. My tenure and experience with Rent-A-Center made made a better person.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rent A Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6