Rent A Center Employee Reviews for Sales Manager

Very unprofessional
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Takoma Park, MDJanuary 20, 2018
When you let employees do what they want and you work hard to get things done and no one does their jobs. I had a great attendance but when others were late nothing was done this is just 1 example there were many more.
Pros
Cons
to many to mention
Never Work here
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 16, 2018
Management does not care about your life outside of work, Will have you work ridiculous hours, but then turn around and argue that we have too much overtime. Some days we would have to be short staffed just because others were close to over time.
They favor store managers that know how to manipulate the system to make the numbers look good.
Pros
Cons
hours, vacation, salary
Fun
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 10, 2018
Typical workday for me was creating sales orders, both cash and weekly payment sales, customer service, billing, data entry and filing. I also trained other co-workers where applicable.
Awesome
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Everett, WADecember 27, 2017
Great family feel kind of job. I would highly recommend it. Bosses and co workers are great people to work with and its always a team envirement with friendly competition.
Pros
Awesome people
Horrible place to work.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Collinsville, VADecember 23, 2017
Very poor management and no organization. Never leave at the time you are supposed to and the schedule of deliveries was always packed and then we are expected to stay over if something is not completed.
Horrible place to work unless your the store manager
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PADecember 20, 2017
No full weekends off. Its required that you work every Saturday. You earn 2 personal days that they never let you use. They make you call and harass customers all day ! The management is off. If you dont hit the store required numbers by the end of the week you are required to stay until 9p on mondays, fridays and Saturdays. Its horrible you will never have time gor your family or yourself.
Pros
Getting paid every week
Cons
The whole work environment
With the right leadership this is a great job even when it gets stressful.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYDecember 13, 2017
If not for my issues inside the store. I would definitely do this again. The work can be stressful but when you actually see the happiness in a customers eyes and know you make the difference then it makes it worth whle.
Pros
Discount. Paid life.
Cons
To each their own.
Stay away
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaDecember 9, 2017
I singed on as a Assistant Sales Manager, but spend most of my time riding around in a truck delivering things. This wouldn't bother me if I wasn't getting spoken to on a near daily basis about sales numbers. The argument is, how can I sell, if I am not in the store because I have to deliver everything? yeah, typical corp America where you literally need to be in 2 places at once.
Pros
Cons
many
Good Place To Work
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Shelton, WA 98584December 4, 2017
Family Oriented, Great Benefits, great upper management with willingness to help you succeed in job placement within company! Fun, Upbeat Company with lots of opportunities
stressful and horrible management
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CANovember 29, 2017
My manager was a pervert who tried to abuse us. They didnt treat us fairly and managers were inappropriate. They would make me carry heavy things even though they knew i couldnt since i was pregnant.
had pro and cons
Sales assisocate/sales manager (Former Employee) –  Schererville, INNovember 29, 2017
it was good for working on schedule and able to balance life and work, training was hands on but it was for a short time, then you just thrown out there and if you had questions you would just call someone
sales expectations
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Ashland, OHNovember 26, 2017
Rent-A-Center is always pushing for sales but does very little to find new customers. The focus is almost always on generating more revenue from existing customers. Most Rent-A-Center clients are lower income families. Constantly going back to existing customers without allocating more resources to new customers proves to be ineffective.
Pros
40 hour week
Cons
poor compensation with unrealistic expectations
love working here around beautiful furniture and great eletronics
Sales Manager / Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 12, 2017
a great place to work meeting new people everyday helping them find furnisnings for their home have to take inventory every week on every item in the store keeping showroom clean setting up to make it appealing to customers verify orders order merchadise buying accessories to show as it would look in your home changing sale prices on items setting delivery schedules calling customers on phone to remind them of payment calling past due customers and in the midst of all this setting dly and weekly goals picking up furniture people dont pay for and delivery to new customers and answering phone calls all day. no work on sunday and get a day off each week which you need because they are open to 7 nightly and later during holidays cause thats when customers buy the most the heavy lifting is the hardest part of the job.
Pros
employees get a discount on merchadise
Cons
physical aspect lots of lifting heavy furniture
Micromanage
Sales Manager, Credit Manger (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VANovember 1, 2017
I have worked for them for about 5 years. Bad upper management only care about the dollar not the employee. Highly stressful job and the pressure to sell to someone or get someone to pay all the time. And the job is i don't care what you did yesterday. It's what have you done for me today.
Pros
Sundays off
Cons
Stress and Management
Bad experience
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Albemarle, NC 28001October 27, 2017
A lot of work and people not productive. Constantly on cell phones, watching movies, sports ect.. not doing productive work. Very uncooperative when teaching and informing new processes . I did learn how not to work.
Over all a bad experience.
Very little benefit
Lead Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  AlabamaOctober 19, 2017
Would not recommend RAC to anyone unless you just really, really needed a job. Upper management is a joke and advancement opportunities are scarce. If you like to "win" prizes and never get them, work all the time and get threatened to work until 9pm because of customers not paying.... Then this is the place for you!
Pros
40 hour work week, No Sundays
Cons
Work EVERY Saturday, threats of working late, no care for personal life/family life
Poor management unrealistic expectations
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 27, 2017
manager would come in hung over/still drunk and sleep it off on display beds. manager would throw you under the bus for any mistakes made in the store, and frequently take credit for your accomplishments.
Great place to work for
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VASeptember 20, 2017
Good benefits, friendly work environment, collection driven. This job is geared towards single person households due to the hours that are required of managers and because of the retail environment.
very slow paced work
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 14, 2017
The day went by so slow at RAC . Making cold calls was the worst part of the day, did not look forward to that at all. I was management and was falsly accused of stealing money, they found out later it was my assistant manager stealing the money and pinned it on me.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
long days.
competitor
Sales/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Indio, CASeptember 5, 2017
typical day at work was to try and make more sales calls than our other stores.We also had to try and make more sales without losing any costumers.It was always competition with other stores.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rent A Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6