Rent A Center
1,474 reviews

Rent A Center Employee Reviews

weekly check
I/O collections manager (Former Employee), phoenix, azMay 1, 2015
Pros: paid weekly
Cons: Unable to eat lunch on premises, Unable to store lunch on premises, No drink allowance or drinks provided while outside of store
You will get paid weekly. Unable to eat lunch on premises. Unable to store lunch on premises. No drink allowance or drinks provided while outside of store. Water sometimes provided in store.
It was cool
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee), Marshall, TXMay 1, 2015
Customers were nice. I didn't receive a lot of training on the job, may be the only downside. And we were way understaffed at the time. But it was great because I like being close to the community.
Productive and fun workplace
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 29, 2015
Ensure successful sales transactions through friendly and enthusiastic customer service skills. Train, motivate and evaluate co-workers
Very interesting field of work, never a dull moment
Customer Account Manager (Former Employee), Laplace, LAApril 29, 2015
With this company you kept very long work days and work 5 days a week. It is a very small personnel staff at the different locations. Everyone helps each other to achieve the common goal as a unit.
Very productive, great management, employees, and customers
Store Manager - promoted to District Manager (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLApril 29, 2015
Pros: Execellent management, great benefits and work atmosphere.
Cons: Sometimes it was difficult to take a day off.
I learned how to be a great manager. Ordered and controlled inventory. Created schedules and controlled overtime. Created a positive work environment. Telemarketing to create new customers, and collected on pass due accounts.
very productive
Account Manager (Former Employee), Springfield, OHApril 29, 2015
Pros: pay, nice coworkers
Cons: long hours, heavy lifting
I would go in make phone calls to late payment customers then go out driving to customers doors to collect payments or pickup merchandise, make deliveries and service calls on appliances, answer phones in store and take in-store payments. I enjoyed working with all my coworkers and store manager the hardest part of the job was lifting furniture and worried about my safety when going to peoples houses for collections. I most enjoyed the pay and the coworkers we were able to get our work done and have an enjoyable workday.
always busy, great co-workers
Sales Associate/Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Scottsbluff, NEApril 28, 2015
Pros: Growth within the company, very organized
Cons: repoing merchandise, tracking down payments
Days started off by calling customers making sure they were making their payments on time and keeping up with their bills. Once phone calls where finished we would then begun making runs to pick up payments from the customers homes or attempt to pick a payment if no payment was mad we would usually begun to repo the merchandise. Runs all finished up we would then bring the payments or merchandise into the store and log what we had brought back, the next step then would be to then refurbish the merchandise for resale or set it aside till the customer was once again ready for their merchandise. Through out the day we would make sales as often as we could greeting and helping customers into their specific needs. The co-workers were usually fun and easy to get along with on a daily basis. The company was very organized and had lots of room for growth.
no life outside of work
customer account manager (Former Employee), Cobleskill, NYApril 28, 2015
Pros: paid every week
Cons: no free time
you work 48 hours a week mandatory. no family time. days are usually 830-7 everyday. you are expected to do deliveries in all kinds of weather even the winter when the roads shouldnt be driven on.
If you have a family, not a good place to work.
Sales Rep. (Current Employee), OhioApril 28, 2015
Pros: I cant think of any!
Cons: Long hours, ok pay, short lunches, non-flexible schedule, no family time.
This is from a wifes view! Its horrible.. They work 8-11 hour days... longest day being 830a.m. to 730pm.. shortest being 10-7:30pm. They work EVERY Saturday. Never have 2 days a row off. They are not flexible when it comes to family events. He misses all the kids events, family events.. ect. The manager gets off when he wants, can have any day off, ect. but the rest of the employees,, including the assistant manager, NOPE. Moving furniture all day, he is exhausted when he gets home and is always tired. He complains of his body aching. Only gets 30minutes for lunch.. which is crazy when they work 11 hours sometimes. He always has to take it at 1130.. even if he gets there at 10.. really? They always work mandatory overtime. 48 hours a week. I feel like I never see my husband.. and when I do he is so tired. He gets two paid sick days a year... for working 48 hours a week. that's not much at all.
Not so great work enviroment
Sales/Delivery (Former Employee), Wabash, INApril 27, 2015
RAC isn't a terrible company to work for, but I have issues with one manager who was sexist. Everyone knew about it, even after it was brought up, nothing was done. Not only that, the same manager that was sexist also breaking rules. For example: calling customers from a personal cell phone, requesting/encouraging the employees harass customers. All so that this manager could hit their numbers.
OK PLACE TO WORK
Sales/Warehouse (Former Employee), BATON ROUGEApril 27, 2015
IT WAS LONG DAY
I LEARNED HOW TO CALL PEOPLE FOR RANDOM THINGS
THE MANAGEMENT WAS OK
CO WORKER ARE OK AS WELL
TRYING TO GET YOUR NUMBER RIGHT AND GETTING PPL TO PAY ON TIME FOR HIGH PLACE STUFF
MEETING NEW PPL
Fun Workplace
Customer Account Representative (Current Employee), Springfield, ORApril 26, 2015
Company kind of doesn't give you a good home time because you work all day however the guys that I work with are very cool people
A great job for those willing to work brutal hours with no home life.
Trainee (Former Employee), NCApril 25, 2015
Pros: 45+ hours/week, set schedule, always have Sundays off
Cons: No consecutive days off, long Saturdays and Mondays, impatient management and people, heavy lifting, no work/life balance.
I worked for less than two weeks before quitting, and my experience was bizarre to say the least. They train you for a week at another store before sending you to your hired(home) store. The job consists of telemarketing the same people over and over again, calling past due clients for payment, and store operations. I knew after a few days this job wasn't for me. I don't enjoy harassing customers for payments and/or telemarketing. Some people are more suited for the job, I'm not one of those people. Between the dealing with disgruntled renters to the odd work environment, I had to leave. Every day was stressful, and in the end it just wasn't worth it. If you enjoy loading and unloading furniture, constantly dealing with PO'd customers, and having an unpaid 30-minute break, claps for you. I'd much rather work in a store that sold, not rented, merchandise.
n/a
credit assistant manager (Current Employee), Riverton, WYApril 23, 2015
Pros: best pay oppurtunities available
Cons: no family time
you work 45-50 hours a week no time for family split days off quick advancement oppurtunities the best part of the job is you get to know your co workers real well and become good friends
Good Oportunity during a tough job market
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Plano, TXApril 21, 2015
Pros: Job security
Cons: Weak learning experience
This was a good job during one of the toughest job markers in the recent years. I really appreciate the chance to have worked for a great company during hard times. I have nothing but good things to remember from my bosses and co-workers.
Assistant Manager
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Middletown CTApril 21, 2015
Great company, Supervised all employees and also help unloading and loading truck. Stocking, packaging and labeling.report any claims and maintain a 100 % customer service.
Employees
Sales Manager (Current Employee), dothan alApril 20, 2015
At first it was a great job and great environment. Now all they care about is money money money. Not there employees or how the job needs to be done.
Very stresssful job that takes up more of your life than it compensates.
Lead Assistant Manager (Former Employee), pittsburgh paApril 20, 2015
Pros: paid every week, employee purchase program.
Cons: no breaks, high health care, unrealistic goals, terrible upper management
Business driven best renting merchandise and 4.5 times the cost of the product. Long hours and you do not get consecutive days off in a week. Upper management does not treat you like a valuable asset to the company, they treat you like a number that can replaced.
Improving The Quality Of Life, One Customer At A Time.
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAApril 18, 2015
Pros: Promotional Oppurtunity Into Management Within Six Months
Cons: Working On Saturdays.
For almost 11 years now I have been able to work for a company that understands today's economy and the public's financial stress. With affordable weekly or monthly payments, customer's now have the ability to enjoy the most up to date products without going into debt.
A typical day consists of sales, collection efforts, telemarketing, and continued develop of product knowledge.
I've been able to keep up to date on the latest electronics, appliances, and furniture and been able to supply the customer with the product of their choice.
the sky is falling daily
StoreManager (Former Employee), Pittsburgh PAApril 18, 2015
pay is good 6 days a week no work life balance, constant pressure form above to always do better, constant harassment of customers

About Rent A Center

Our stores offer name-brand furniture, electronics, appliances and computers through flexible rental purchase agreements that – Read more

Rent A Center Salaries