Rent A Center Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,912 reviews matching the search
Joke
Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Medina, NYAugust 5, 2016
Working for this place is a complete joke. They have zero respect for women that work there. The rules only apply for some not everyone. The management there is a joke, if you likes high school you would love working here.
Decent place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLAugust 2, 2016
It was a great company when I first started working there then everything changed when they started to bring in unqualified managers.
Opportunity to work with great people and provide exeptional customer service.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 1, 2016
Set daily activity planner for employees to ensure productivity for the day. Assist all employees to ensure work is 100% complete. Conduct meetings, inventory audits, sales and collections calls, train and develop current and new employees, timekeeping, projections for upcoming month, maintain expense ledger to 100%. Hardest part of job was to deny potential new customers from renting merchandise.
Pros
Employee purchases at a discounted price
Cons
Maintaning backroom organized and labeled at all times
Lazy co workers
Product Delivery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXJuly 30, 2016
Can be a good job if you wanna take it up the butt. Management is lazy and incompetent. Management makes you do their job while they play on their phone. Customers do not abide by their contract. Most rent merchandise just to steal. Most furniture that is returned has bed bugs/roaches in it. Rent a Center is a ripoff. Save your money but at Wally World.
Pros
Talking to upset customers.
Cons
Pounding on their door to collect rent.
You will get your workout in this place.
Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PAJuly 28, 2016
I would spend my mornings calling people who are late on their account. Then load my truck for deliveries. Come back later on like around 6 o'clock.Unload truck and get prepared for the next day.
Pros
Driving gets you out of the building for awhile.
Cons
Who likes moving furniture all day no one.
Long lasting job
assistant manager, box truck driver 10'-26' truck (Former Employee) –  Perth Amboy, NJJuly 26, 2016
Great career starter with a salary to fit a single person. Not recommended if you have or plan on starting a family. Ok benefits and you do work on Saturdays
horrible
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILJuly 25, 2016
do not work or shop there, they have bed bugs roaches and etc rude employees and employer racist horrible place to work
Pretty good
Product Delivery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 23, 2016
First thing I will say is that if you are not ready to do some physical work I wouldn't apply. But overall good place and good pay
nice
Rent to own sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYJuly 23, 2016
nice friendly work place, everyone got along
great work space
everyone worked together
smiles
friendly
balance work enviornment
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Upper Darby, PAJuly 23, 2016
not a one dimensional job constantly moving not hard and must be a team player its always something new to learn there most likely you always on the road or getting touch with customers
rent to own
Lead Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Penn Hills, PAJuly 23, 2016
other than the normal management things, there is a big push to sell and make sure your collections are on goal.
there is a lot to this when someone pays a bunch into this item and runs into a hard time! think where will you be in 2 or so years? you need to talk to people about there personal life and be caring!
I would never go back, EVER
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 21, 2016
Although I am grateful that Rent A Center provided me the opportunity to work for them, I would never go back. The pay was good but only because they would force us to work 50+ hours per week. Our schedules were not reflective of what we'd actually end up working. We may be scheduled for an 8 hour shift and end up working 12 on any given day. The store level managers were good, but the divisional supervision was harsh and critical and just plain mean. It honestly felt like we were slaves to this company. They cared little about our safety, or our satisfaction.
Pros
They give you plenty of hours to work, and the pay is good.
Cons
Terrible management, horrible culture
great work environment, i would recommend this job to anyone seeking employment
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 20, 2016
i loved working for rent a center i learned some valuable skills while working for them, i got along with everyone very well. if i had the oppertunity to work with themagain i most certainly would
Decent Job
Sales Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJuly 19, 2016
A decent job, decent pay but expect a whole lot from you as soon as you start. Great benefits for when you work at least 6 months.
Ast Manager
Ast. Manager (Former Employee) –  Sand Springs, OKJuly 19, 2016
I loved working in rent to own, it was fun rewarding job to make customers understand that due dates and payments were needed on time. It was stressfull sometimes when customers refused to allow you to do your job.
Pros
awesome team members, great company
Cons
short lunches, long work schedules
what i learned
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Canton, ILJuly 16, 2016
what i learned. was about being good with custormers and make sure they got the right stuff. handleing the itimes the best way.
Pros
getting to meet people and dlivering thing to them
Cons
being in homes that wat bad like all kinds of bugs
Credit Manager
Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 16, 2016
Typical day how work was collection calls 3 times a day to customers that are past due, organizing sales floor, meeting sales expectations, managing part-time coworkers, collection runs, handling store's assets. Main thing I learned was you can always say no to a customer without being rude or disrespectful, basic just telling the customer to obey the contact they signed when the accepted the merchandise. Hardest part was Higher management having high expectations, store was always super under-staffed and was still one of the best stores in the district, usually the number one store and still something was wrong about the store. Store was never dirty and there were never complaints about employees or about the store in general and still higher management wasn't satisfied with the work done, so much that raises were so minimal. The most enjoyable part of the job is basically really working as a team, in this specific job if you cannot work as a team you will not only fail but it will not be a pleasant environment.
Pros
Easy Job if you know what you are doing
Cons
Higher Management
Cool Job
Delivery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 14, 2016
This is a great place to work just have some strength. Everyone except the store manager will have to lift furniture at some point. Other than that its pretty cool job. Great pay.
Meet new and greet people on the daily.
Account/Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILJuly 13, 2016
Lots of customers complaints,very rude and indesive people.
Learned all essential to appliances and also electronics,furniture.
Most enjoyable is getting to meet new people and interact
Co-workers are friendly but yet hasty at times
Management was very poor and unorganized
Pros
Employee disconts with payment option
Cons
From sun up to sun down no family life
Used to be a good place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Napoleon, OHJuly 13, 2016
I have worked at this company for over a decade. I moved from a full-time, starter position as an Account Manager (now Customer Service Rep) to Store Manager. The hours are long but the pay is good at the expense of a life outside the job. (50-60 our weeks are standard for management and 40-hour weeks for other full time staff.
I have had many good managers and even more great employees.
As of 2016 the top management of the company have moved away from the idea of serving our customers and instead are chasing the bottom line with disastrous results. Cost-cutting and then having to backtrack when it doesn't work is pretty standard. There does not seem to be any direction or goal from the top management in which to fix the growing problem.
The continued upside is that I do get to work with my customers to help them and their families get what they need.
Pros
Competitive pay for work done.
Cons
Company no longer knows what it is doing.

2.5