Rent A Center Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,885 reviews matching the search
Interesting Place to Working with different attitudes
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 15, 2016
A day at Rent-A-Center consisted of opening and closing of store, making sure the cash drawers were balanced, and supervising staff, customers, and accounts. I enjoyed working with the customers because it helped me learn how to work with people on all levels. The hardest part of my job was going into homes which had very small entrances. The most enjoyable moment was giving good customer service and seeing a satisfied customer walk away.
Pros
Benefits and Advancements
Cons
Long work days
stay far far away like moufasa told simba in lion king
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Leechburg, PAJune 12, 2016
Company is a joke unrealistic goals, daily calls stating you suck cause you suck, if got sales they would complain and vica versa. 5 out of the 8 stores within the old district I used to work in do not have store managers. If value your sanity look elsewhere for employment
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
To better meet todays needs for maximizing profit
Assistant Manager, Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Sanford, MEJune 11, 2016
Company in process of restructuring.
More part-timers less top-heavy.
Multiple managers due to acquisition. Different management styles making a non consistent management work atmospheres at times. Straying from adapting new technology techniques to advance sales promotion. "It worked in the past no need to change"
Pros
good starting ground for people entering the business world
Cons
relatively small salaries for amount of hours worked.
Corporate Driving
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Garden City, GAJune 11, 2016
They have a high rate of turnover, they run a corporate schedule to a tee. They also have great training program. You deal with a lot of sales an collections.
Pros
Well known company
Long hours, little rewards
Manager-In-Training (MIT) (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJune 10, 2016
As a Manager-In- Training, I was required to preform every aspect of the operation, Sales, Promotions, Delivery, and Back Office. The training was good, and the people I worked with were nice. The hours were long and I always had split days off. There is a set order of operation that must be followed. If you are use to being a free thinker and a problem solver, this is not the job for you; the daily tasks are set in stone. I was promised my own store, that never happen. Had issues with the store manager being rude, had to take it up to HR. In the end I resigned. Would I recommend this company, yah...it just not for me.
Pros
Good Benifits
Cons
Targeting low income people as clients
productive and fun place to work at
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  West New York, NJJune 8, 2016
An a excited job were you can learn new skills everyday,very pleasant co-workers, the ability to preform job duties.the availability to work with a great team of co-workers and get the help you need.
Enjoy the company and coworkers
Sales Manager/SMIT/LAM (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJune 7, 2016
A typical day at work consists of collections, sales, deliveries,coaching/training and cleaning. I enjoy working with the public and serving my customers and coworkers from the heart. I have been with the company for almost 4 years and have had the opportunity to take over other stores, just unable to relocate to futher my career with this company. I am in need of a more work/life balance job. We are required to work every Saturday, in which affects my family time. Also, recently the company has made a change to our holiday policy and no longer offers us federal holidays off. I absolutely love my job being a Sales Manager/Store Mgr in Training and have furthered my training as a manager. I am uncapable of performing some parts of this job such as moving appliances, furniture, large electronics and very heavy items. I prefer to leave the company due to this and the management that I am currently working under in which, is not displaying leadership skills and likes to make drama at work. I am a very successful 39 year old lady whom would make a great fit for any company. Current position consists of Sales Manager, Store Manager In Training & Lead Assistant Manager.
Pros
Too many incentitives to list
Cons
Non professional leadership, took away our federal holidays
I like it
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 7, 2016
Positive upbeat environment to work in,opportunity for advancement is readily available competitive pay and retail store hours with major holiday off
Nice staff and easy going job
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 7, 2016
Worked there part time met great people worked front desk. Work load is good just sometimes overwhelming. Phones constantly ringing and customers constantly coming in.
Pros
free membership, set schedule
Cons
nothing bad really just mad customers but that's any job
Good for a part tim driver
Delivery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 6, 2016
I feel bad for people who get the short end o the stick with this company. It like you cant do anything without some repercussion. My review though is seriously biased. Apply and check it out though.
Pros
payday on friday
Cons
people
Productive Work Environment
Driver/Associate (Former Employee) –  Arcade, NYJune 6, 2016
The other men I worked with were very helpful with training and overall advancement. The atmosphere was always positive.
Company cares only for the bottom line
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 4, 2016
RentaCenter has all kinds of nice policies in place about work/life balance and compensation for employees.

the truth is that they simply don't happen. I was required to work longer days= earlier mornings AND later nights, than I was explained during the interview.

Their pay structure is considerably less than their major competitor (Aarons) despite being a larger company and charging more for their products.

Store managers minimum starting salary is 80% of what Aaron's is.

Hourly employees are paid about the same hourly, but have no incentives and bonuses (commission, monthly bonuses, stop-pays) like Aarons provides.

The company has a very high profit margin at the expense of their customers and employees, based on my experience in the field and with them and the other previously stated company (and no I am no longer working for Aarons either)
Pros
Sundays off
Cons
10+ hr days required for mgrs, not flexible with required schedules
A delivery driver job at Rent A Center
PRODUCT DELIVERY SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 3, 2016
Not worth it. The co-workers were cool, but management was unorganized. Not to mention when they send you out on deliveries, you're by yourself most of the time picking up heavy items, and when you take too long to come back they get on you about it. Maybe if I had help I'd get the job done faster. Sorry but I'm not going to risk my health just so the managers won't get in trouble. I have worked from 39 hours a week to the next week only 8 hours. Very uneven schedule, I get the point of the store needing you according their sales, but they can't just have you work 1 day from the entire week, then when you get back the following week you will have to clean and oeganize the mess that the co workers did, because they send them out to do deliveries as well, and not care about cleaning up or having an organized workspace.
Fun and creative challange
Financial Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 3, 2016
I was able to learn Marketing, put knowledge to collections be creative to promotions as a store Manager I was able to grow in the company as an Employee and as a Person
Pros
Great Oportunities of Growth
Cons
low pay rate
good company
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Highland, CAJune 3, 2016
good company to work for and career advancement okay benefits offered would recommend to work there leader the rent to own business
very exciting job, with no limitation on growth in the compay
General Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 2, 2016
I truly loved Rent A Center. It taught and groomed me into a positive person. It never put any limitation on my growth and allowed me to reach for the stars
Pros
no cap on growth
Cons
takes a lot of your time away from your family
Fast pace and stressful
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 2, 2016
Busy from open to close, going to many different directions. not enough man power to accomplish the job expected back then and at my last store at least.
Pros
Overall a reputable and good company
Cons
extremely long hours, no family time/life
Compensation did not meet work load.
DELIVERY SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJune 1, 2016
I worked at a store where I was only one of two delivery drivers, at the busiest store in the region. I averaged around 7 large deliveries a day, even when I was on my own. While they claim that you will work no more than 25 hours a week, I was working close to 40 during school. The increased hours would be nice during the summer, but not if it interferes with college.
Pros
Not minimum wage, constantly moving, practically paid to work out.
Cons
Undercompensation
Met great people
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MAMay 31, 2016
N/A. I choose not to make any comments. Like any job, you have the good and the bad. My only advice is not to get into management.
Great place to work.
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCMay 31, 2016
Rent-A-Center is a great place to work with plenty of potential to advance. Most of the customers understand what the business is and are willing to work with the employees, but there are a few that try to get over on the system.

2.5