Rent A Center
1,298 reviews

Rent A Center Employer Reviews

Great Place to work at.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAOctober 16, 2014
Pros: good hours and good people
Cons: short breaks
A typical work day would be Long
I learned how to talk to customer.
The Management was good
The co-workers were very helpful.
The hardest part of my job was really nothing.
The part that was most enjoyable part was everything. yes it was hard but i loved it.
Everyday is a Productive Day!!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Capitol Heights, MDOctober 15, 2014
Rent-A-Center has a great advancement program!! With the right training and willingness to learn you can easily advance to the next title position and soar to the top if you wish too!!
The best part of my job for me would be the interaction that I get with the customers. The ability to help them with an issue or to help them pick out merchandise for – more... their new home.
With my job, we have the most fun during our even promos. We get to throw little customer parties to show our customers appreciation to parties for discounted merchandise. – less
a life of haites but good pay if you are a DM
District Manager (Former Employee), Wilson, NCOctober 14, 2014
Pros: you will learn alot if you stay
Cons: you will lose alot if you stay
I have given years of my life to that blackhole! I went without Saturdays off, lunches and got home late. It caused a lot of grief but I sure did learn a lot. I can do anything now after having worked there. I see people all over that don't know half of what I know after having worked at RAC. They run you to death but you get educated the higher up – more... you go. – less
customer relations, customer satisfaction
Store Manager/Sales Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 14, 2014
Pros: advancement, employee purchases
Cons: hours
I love my ability to develop great customer relationships.
Providing my customers with products that without the company they could not afford. I appreciated the feeling of accomplishment.
Great customer interacting
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Streator, ILOctober 14, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: all your time is spent there!
Its a great job for someone that does not have children. You are there from 9am to 8pm m-f with one day off and then 8:30am-6 on saturday with Sunday off.
Great Starter Job
Sales and Collections (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALOctober 13, 2014
Helping to set your mind on working hard this job was great.The only thing was the long hours and weekend work.
productive place of employment, offered challenges
Manager (Current Employee), Hampton, SCOctober 12, 2014
inventory, manger employees provide customer service. problem solver, collections, answer emails, deal with account management, fix any customer service issues, holding people accountable
no time for kids or family period
Credit Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLOctober 11, 2014
Pros: hr lunch break and access to merchandise at store vaule
Cons: constant phone service
never had a problem my hole 3 yrs until a customer hit me and i reported to my manger and the company did nothing about it at all
Review Summary
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCOctober 9, 2014
Pros: networking
Cons: lots of down time, high turnover
A typical day consists of lots of busy work and collection calls is your credit isn't in order. Employees are undervalued and underappreciated.
Room for advancement
Lead Assistant/sales Manager- Mobile expert (Current Employee), Saint Louis, MissouriOctober 6, 2014
Pros: great benefits, sometimes free lunches or paid saturdays off.
Cons: long hours not enough time spent with my family.
A typical day at work was coming in at 9am to start collection calls for customers who have not paid there weekly, bi-weekly or monthly bills. After collection calls we organized the showroom floor and inventoried twice a week our merchandise. 10am the doors to the showroom opened and we began business by taking the daily deposit to the bank and then – more... telemarketing to current and inactive customers. Writing rental agreements and taking payments was a daily operation. Starting after lunch we would begin our daily deliveries and scheduled pickups. 7pm we would close the doors, count down the cash drawer drop the evening deposits, send an accountability sheet to the district manager and leave at 8pm. – less
productive fun environment
Lead Assistant Manager (Current Employee), detroit, miOctober 5, 2014
Pros: allot of experiences for different opportunities
Cons: no lifestyle cut backs
handle cash sales delivering customer service
how to improve my customer skills
management is well fun responsible
great team always down for a cause
the hours
competition
Fun Workplace!
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAOctober 3, 2014
Pros: good company/ good benifits/ good coworkers
Cons: constant collections calls and harassment, overtime is not an option
The benefits are Excellent. They train you and promote from with in. If you like sales, this is a great place to work because RAC is sales driven and all about the numbers. You really get to know your customers. If you are a people person this is good.
Great people but hard to advance and no balance of life and work
Sales Assistant and Route Manager (Current Employee), Kewanee, ILOctober 3, 2014
In the morning we come in and make calls to past due customers. Then we head to the back to load the truck or refurbish the products. About noon we head to lunch. After lunch we then go out on the truck to do deliveries and run past due customers. After we are done with deliveries we come back to the store unload the returned items or switched out products. – more... We then call our past due customers again. depending on the time we then either put new product on the floor or make sales calls.

I've learned a fee things here like good people are everywhere and everyone has hard times.

Management in our store is hard because we only have 5 employees, but overall our management isn't hard to work for. We treat our store as a team, so everyone has input but at the end our store manager has final say.

Co-workers are sometimes hard because we are like family, but at the end if the day we would do anything for each other.

Hardest part of my day is the lack of communication. Although there is only 5 people at the store there is typically only 1 or 2 people in the store at a time. When a major rush of people come in and phones are ringing off the hook, it can be difficult to remember everything that is going on and it doesn't get passed to the next person.

The most enjoyable part of the day is out on the truck. I get to get outside and enjoy the fresh air. – less
This company has a very high turn over rate.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Morganton, NCOctober 2, 2014
Pros: bonuses, meeting new people on a daily basis
Cons: stressful
My experience with this company is not good. They do not try to balance your work and life. I worked for this company for three and a half years and I put blood, sweat and tears into my job and worked my way up the ladder. My boss made numerous advancements to me and when I turned him down I had to either quit the job I loved or be fired and had my – more... job handed to female that was next in line because she would send him the pictures that he asked for. I loved my job as far as being able to help people that couldn't afford to go pay cash to have nice things but the part I didn't like is renting merchandise to people that would come get things for their kids for Christmas or birthdays and then they didn't want to pay or couldn't and I would have to pick the merchandise up and take away from the kids. – less
Great company to work for.
Lead Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Savannah GaOctober 2, 2014
Rent A Center is a great company to work for. I've been with the company going on 5 years.
Great Opportunity! (Depending on who your leader is)
District Manager (Former Employee), Bradley, ILOctober 2, 2014
Pros: set schedule, great pay, decent benefits, incentives, advancement
Cons: bad leadership, long hours
I was a member of their organization for 15 years, starting from the bottom and working my way up. The company has great vision and an even better business model. It is a company that changes peoples lives...both of coworkers and customers.

The day to day operations are different and keep you with a fresh perspective. If you are a self motivated and – more... hungry individual, this job is for you. If you are a clock watcher and 'can't wait to get off and party' individual...not for you.

Advancement is there if you want it. You have to drive yourself to meet company numbers and go above and beyond often. If you generally care about learning and can teach yourself, the information is there.

The only downfall of the entire operation is that they have a very inconsistent message from the top down. You will only go as far as your leader will take you and there are some pretty sorry excuses or leaders in position.

All in all, I leave you with a quote from Denzel in Training Day:
"I'm sorry I exposed you to it..it's ugly and it's necessary. You grow up, make detective, play the game and get wise and then you can change things...but you have to change them from the inside, son." – less
Great job and atmosphere
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CAOctober 2, 2014
Pros: i get to work with all kinds of people
I work approximately 11 to 12 hours per day. The entire day is busy. I have learned to handle difficult situations and people. I enjoy the work that I do and I have gained a world of management experience. The hardest part about my job is the distance. Over one hour each way.
too Much
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Cohoes, NYSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: busy
Cons: pay
It was a good job, good ppl. Always had something to do. But not worth the pay
Fun enviornment
Assistant Sales Manager for COE store (Current Employee), Cicero, ILSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: paid weekly, benefits, off on sundays
Cons: 10-12 hour days, no time to spend with family and advancement issues
Its a fun environment, however the work load and hours are strenous
Rent A Center Manager
Store Manager (Current Employee), Plano, TXSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: salary, benefits, weekly pay
Cons: long hours, bearly off time
Versatile Manager focused on team building and talent development. Driven to surpass company goals while thriving in deadline-driven environments. Possessing in-depth knowledge of collections, as well as advanced understanding of sales. Personable and friendly with superb negotiation and presentation skills.

About Rent A Center

Our stores offer name-brand furniture, electronics, appliances and computers through flexible rental purchase agreements that – Read more