Rent A Center
1,327 reviews

Rent A Center Employer Reviews

EXCELLENT PLACE TO WORK . WITH THE POTENTIAL TO ADVANCE QUICK.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHNovember 15, 2014
Pros: work environment
Cons: pay
WORKING FOR RENT-A-CENTER WAS GREAT. I HAD A VERY GOOD MANAGER WHO WAS EASY TO GET ALONG WITH. WHICH MADE THE JOB FUN TO BE THERE. THE CUSTOMERS WERE DIFFICULT SOMETIMES .
This was a great place to work where you could hire in at entry level like I did and yet you could still be promoted all the way to the top.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Muncie, INNovember 13, 2014
Pros: providing a product and a service that makes peoples lives more enjoyable
Cons: sometimes we were still forced to repossess someones merchandise that they were renting from us
My typical day at RAC was usually long and very challenging. As store manager I was responsible for everything that happened there each day. I learned how to manage people in different ways and that with this particular job, most of the decisions that I made had some kind of impact in someone's life. Most of my co-workers were very goal oriented and success driven which I believe made everyone else accountable for their own performance. The most difficult part of the job was the fact that you are trying to collect money from people who don't have money and the fact that many of these customers have made poor financial choices throughout their lives that lead them to be your customer in the first place. The best part of the job was being able to provide a product or service to someone who without your business wouldn't be able to have and enjoy that product. Also, I enjoyed teaching them the proper financial discipline so that they were able to keep that merchandise until it was paid off
MY LIFE
Asst. Manager (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLNovember 13, 2014
RUNNING CREDIT MANAGING STORE AND DELIVERING. MY COWORKERS ARE GOOD PEOPLE. HARDEST PART IS HOLDIN YOUR TONGUE WHILE U GET CUSSED OUT ON A DAILY BASIS BY CUSTOMERS FOR DOING YOUR JOB. THE BEST PART IS LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR DAYS OFF. THE JOB IS STRESSFULL AND U HAVE TO BE STRONG MORE MENTALY THEN PHYSICALLY TO HANDLE IT.
Long hours, medium pay
Account Manager, Sales Manager, Store Manager (Former Employee), Greenville, NCNovember 13, 2014
cutthroat environment, can be political to advance, one may be put off by the types of neighborhoods you frequent to deliver merch or solicit past due payments, however the customers are people just like us and are usually wonderful, i have fond memories of my coworkers and have lifelong friendships to this day
Productivity
Customer Accounts Representative (Current Employee), Cheektowaga, NYNovember 12, 2014
Pros: employee discounts
Cons: one break, extremely long hours daily
A typical day at work is always nerve wrecking due to the energy of your supervisor. Due to the fact that his/her job is hung over his/her head by their superiors they do the same to us. No matter how much effort we work at and actually accomplish that day, its still seen as we are not contributing to do our jobs. Normally I start by trying to collect on my accounts that are past due, then try to be out and ready for deliveries so I do not have to sit in the office.
So far what I have learned since working here is that no matter how long or hard you have worked in this company your job is never secure even when in events of success. You as an employee is held responsible for your customers neglect in which your job can be relinquished as well. Company standards change often throughout the year trying to innovate better ways at success but only makes it worse/harder for employees to follow through with their customers. So the main thing I have learned is to always work as hard as you can regardless the pressure or stress you endure.
Management is not the best but also is not the worst. As I've mentioned before due to our manager being stressed he speaks to us unfashionably rude and threatens our jobs. BUT there are days when evenly mellow we all can come to an understanding with reasoning. So overall the balance lays pretty even far as a good and bad level of management.
My co-workers are my family. We all treat one another as family due to all the time we spend with one another than at home with our own families. We try to work together as a team to accomplish our goals, as well as picking up one another slack to help our team stay ahead of our schedule.
The most enjoyable part of the day is delivering merchandise to some customer and the whole family light up with excitement and joy. The best part of the job is making other people happy when they see the products they've wanted so bad finally in their homes.
Maintained a fast and balanced Team
My position as a Store Manager (Former Employee), San Luis, MEXNovember 10, 2014
Pros: one hour lunches
Cons: 10 min breaks, did have all benefits
As a Manager at the store had a lot of responsibility.
Did daily reports
Had meetings with my employees,
Worked under pressure
Business Meetings out of town
Video conferences Skype National
Inventory with the supervisor
Managed a good team so everyone can be on the same page
Manager Project Planner
Problem solver
Negotiator
Productive job
Account Manager (Former Employee), Springfield, MANovember 10, 2014
Working at Rent A Center I enjoy working with people that was one of the main reason of me applying for that job. I learned quick about shiiping and receiving and also more about electronic products. I enjoyed my co workers time working there and I enjoyed starting new taskes everyday.
Stressful work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Jamestown, NDNovember 9, 2014
Pros: customers and long lunch break
Cons: management and hours
I would start by opening up the store and reviewing the days schedule. I would go out on deliveries and then go visit companies. when I was in the store I would help customers in the store and over the phone. I would also make sure our floor was looking great and clean. I then would count down the till and close up the store.

I learned a lot about how to manage coworkers and customers.

The management was very up and down. We went threw many managers as well as district managers which made it difficult to get a new store established.

Most of my coworkers were amazing people and we were there for each other.

The hardest part was taking something away from people when they really need it but could not afford it.

The most enjoyable part was the customer relations and being able to help out someone in need.
A great place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Gretna, LANovember 6, 2014
great schedule
awesome management
a great opportunity
the team was the greatest past of the job
it was okay. .
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Norfolk, VANovember 6, 2014
Pros: employees
Cons: short breaks, long ridiculous hours, no social life
The district manager could be better and stop shoving unrealistic goals down their employees throats. Stop crying about not getting enough sales and or why the store didnt close or open as far as credit.

Employees were great ppl. My store manager was a great person. A multi million dollar company and they dont want to hire part time employees so the full time ones can have a decent life. Surprised that I lasted 5 years. Ill never work there again.
no comments
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Greenville, SCNovember 4, 2014
nothing negative nothing good, poor management, no team work, hardest part of the job carriying furniture
lots of work but good benefits
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee), Spanaway, WANovember 4, 2014
Pros: the benefits and pay
Cons: to much in to little time and over worked
i liked it to an extent the hours were hard no time for my personnel life and some people were rude. it could be a lot more fun. but if i could i would work there again.
Great work environment
Customer Support Agent (Former Employee), Boston, MANovember 3, 2014
Sell and/or rent out merchandise.
Deliver appliances, furniture, and electronics to customers homes.
Daily credit calls and field visits to delinquent customers.
Promote sells as they came in and clean/repair store merchandise.
Monthly sales goals
Great co-workers and management team
The hardest part of the job was the small town with the same customer base.
The best part of the job was helping and interacting with the customer.
southern home rentals
Credit I/O Manager (Former Employee), Cleveland, TNNovember 3, 2014
Pros: dealing with customers face to face, and all around enjoyed my job ..
Cons: company was sold
I dealt with people on a daily basis, I setup merchandise in their homes and loved the fact that I could brighten someones life style and life by my involvement . I enjoyed the fact that I could sell them not only what they needed but what they wanted in their lives and help them reach ownership of that dream
productive and fun workplace
Customer Account Representative (Current Employee), dallas,txNovember 2, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: bad work hours
 Answer escalated inbound calls from customers regarding their mortgage
 Provide courteous, accurate and timely assistance to internal/external customers
 Make outbound calls to customers that are delinquent and make payment arrangements or collect payment
 Assist with internal escalated issues such as, faxing payoff quotes, escrow accounts, credit report issues etc.
 Delivering and setting up products in customer’s homes
 Assist with sales, merchandising and store maintenance activities
nice place, hard physical laber
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee), Saint Johnsbury, VTNovember 2, 2014
Pros: enjoyabe customers
Cons: alot of physical work
this place is overall nice and enjoyable management and co-workers (some of them) but it is ALOT OF PHYSICAL work. and work a minimum of 50 hours a week and work all day on saturday but other than that its nice.
daily productivity
Sales Manager, RAC Acceptance (Former Employee), txOctober 30, 2014
Pros: build sales and communication skills
Cons: long work hours open to close
The best part of my job for me would be the interaction that I get with the customers
Helping to set your mind on working hard this job was great.
productive and fun
Sales Account Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 30, 2014
Typical day was ve hard work sales and he customers decide on what they really want.
Always busy.
Account Rep (Former Employee), Tyler, TXOctober 30, 2014
Your always busy. You meet new people, and its a challenge to sell. Its a fun job if your a people person.
SALES AND MARKETING
Account Manager/Customer Service (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 29, 2014
Pros: advancements
GREAT PLACE TO WORK FRIENDLY STAFF AND CLEAN WORK ENVIORNMENT

About Rent A Center

Our stores offer name-brand furniture, electronics, appliances and computers through flexible rental purchase agreements that – Read more