Rent A Center Employee Reviews

Found 2,193 reviews matching the search
Do not work here
Customer Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Taylor, MIFebruary 19, 2017
My time working at rac was very stressful on my life. The managment forces you to work long shifts with no overtime. The car positions is simply over worked responsible for all the grunt work and most of the technical work that is provided in the store. rac wants you to sell their over priced merchandise to poor and impoverished customers. considered the mobster of the furniture business, if u have a choice dont work here.
Pros
Cons
pay, stress, management
Ok Job
Sales Manager/Customer Account Rep (Current Employee) –  La Junta, COFebruary 19, 2017
Was an ok job, often had to stay late if goals werent hit, training was more learn as you go than I would have liked. The hours and recieving time off were almost non negotiable
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Tough works high expectations, no time off
fun place to work family like atmosphere
Customer Account Rep (Former Employee) –  Monroe, MIFebruary 19, 2017
Loved my time at rent a center became great friends with a lot of people its especially nice if you work in the city you live because you meet new friends and reconnect with old ones as they come in as customers
out of business
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDFebruary 18, 2017
out of business for quite some time now. it was a fun place to work though as i recall. but i wouldn;t wnt to work in a place like that now that im older
would not recommend this job to anyone
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, OHFebruary 18, 2017
the managers were very rude to customers, the delivery driver smoked and texted while driving, the ast. manager was very mean to employees and did nothing throughout the day except sit on her behind. managers talked about inapropriate stuff with customers and would stand around and talk to their friends for hours. ast manager was constantly on her phone. co worker cussed me out in front of a customer at a customers house and the district manager was told and he was suppose to me wrote up over it and all that was said was how can i punish someone for cussing when I cus myself?
Pros
day went fast
Cons
managers, the drama
good coworkers, poor management
Marysville/Burlington, WA-Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WAFebruary 17, 2017
busy work environment keeps you interested, but very poor management. upper management cleaned out all experienced staff making it impossible to run a successful business.
Required to work too many hours to make a living.
not enough staff and no consistancy to policy.
Pros
everyday is different
Cons
poor management. treat staff like a number.poor work life balance
Good Company
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 17, 2017
Work life balance not so good. Good Benefits/ managers are expected to work 14-15hrs per day. multi tasking, phones, customers, inventory.
Pros
employee purchases
Cons
work schedule
lots of lifting but still fun
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Pa HarrisburgFebruary 16, 2017
Opening the store running reports. Lots of customer service.
Deliver and pick up of furniture closing the store running reports Bank drops.
Pros
Able to talk to new people about oping new accounts.
Fun, Enjoyable, Nice environment
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAFebruary 16, 2017
Very exciting Job to work at, A lot of heavy lifting evolved if you enjoy that type of stuff, Then you will surely enjoy Rent-A-Center
Pros
Not constantly on ur feet
Cons
Not enough pay
sales and customer service
Account Manager/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Paris, TNFebruary 16, 2017
long hours working on weekends and dealing with a lot of crazy customers and working conditions at night. but if you need a temporary job I guess this will do.
fun work environment good store great people
Delivery specialist (Current Employee) –  Biddeford, MEFebruary 16, 2017
can be challanging at times but great paid work out and if u like to

drive this is definitely a decent place to work. this store has a great

work environment
Pros
great environment
Cons
wages < workload
Educational on differenct facets of business, in particular the rent to own side
Customer Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INFebruary 15, 2017
Decent working environment, time management is essential. Collections side can be very challenging people after all are not always willing to make payments and your numbers depend on them doing so. Sales side is easier, people come in usually with an idea of what they want, downside no commission!!!
Fast paced workplace with room for advancement
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 15, 2017
Rent a center is a home furnishings rent to own company. They offer a wide variety of merchandise from computers to sofas. The base of the job is to sell items and collect the rent on those items.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Work life balance
would be better if the company wasn't in crisis mode
Sr. Analyst (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 15, 2017
We have had a ton of mismanagement and the results have finally caught up with us. Directors/VP/SVP/EVPs are hit or miss. Some are extremely talented while others are complete idiots. The work culture has become more relaxed which is nice and i have had a very good work life balance but I know of others that are worked into the ground. I had a lot of high hopes in terms of professional advancement here but the current company performance has made those aspirations quite a bit out of reach. I would not be surprised if I get let go this year.
Productive and fun workplace with respectful employes
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INFebruary 14, 2017
I personaly enjoyed working at Rent A Center if u may ask. I learned alot of ways to improve my Customer service and more. Such as small exercises in small groups contanin customers at the store.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Ok
Collections Manager (Former Employee) –  Cumming, GAFebruary 13, 2017
Ok place to work, there is more to have to do than meets the actual job description. long hours and hard days for the money that is paid for the job that you have to do.
ok but not for me.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 13, 2017
Each day's work load depends on our customers and availability of merchandise. its not a job that overwhelms you but you definitely got to be into lifting furniture up 6 floors at times lol..not really my thing. Learned a few things,...my area is predominantley hispanics so my spanish is up, and thats one of the good parts of my job.
Pros
not stressfull
Cons
Too much stairway lifting
Great benefits long hours
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Denham Springs, LAFebruary 13, 2017
Minimum 12 hr days and 70 hr weeks on average as store manager. Slim chance for weekends off. Thankfully every Sunday was a day off. Benefits were very generous.
look elsewhere
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 13, 2017
not a friendly and conducive workplace, the product is old and warn
customers complain about the quality of the merchandise and the exorbitant prices over time
Its ok
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 13, 2017
Long hours, great pay. Basically call and try to collect everyday or get deals to collect on. Hardly room for advancement though. Hardest part of the job was selling the program.
Pros
Pay, benefits, coworkers
Cons
Management, seniority, hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rent A Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6