Rent A Center Employee Reviews

Found 2,596 reviews matching the search
great job
Part time delivery specialist (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJuly 24, 2017
learned a lot of new things that I was unaware of before I got the job.. my fellow workers were great. a typical day at work was usually quick paced. the hours went by very quickly, was never a time I wasn't active. I love working at places that require a lot of physical labor. so it was right in my field of work.
fun and entertaining
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAJuly 23, 2017
learn how to deal with people, great training ground if you want to be a better manager. gives or set you goal. the hardest part of the job is when you collect money from your customer at their house
Pros
it will train you well
Cons
just be careful how to deal with your customer
Not a bad place to work.
Customer Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Banos, CAJuly 23, 2017
Not a bad place to work at. Men mostly do deliveries and collections with some sales. Women mostly do sales and sales calls / collection calls. Must be comfortable moving heavy appliances and couches since recliners have metal frames and are heavy. Daily activity varies
depending on customer purchases and time of the year. Some days you are left sweating and sore at the end of the day, others bored.
Balanced
Delivery Service Driver (Current Employee) –  Akron, OH 44306July 23, 2017
A typical day is loading/unloading the truck on deliveries and filing paperwork. Management sucks at my location. Store manager does the bare minimum, lazy and lacks social skills at times. Makes it hard on some days when we don't have the proper tools or supplies for deliveries. Days go by easier and less stressful when all the equipment is there and the paperwork is ready. Hardest part of my job is walking into some customers dirty house. Some people have some foul living conditions. And dodging the BUGS!!
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks, no overtime
daily duties
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bedford, OHJuly 23, 2017
Operated service vehicle to gain collections.
Made calls to gain collections and merchandise.
operated point of sale cash register to process customers transactions.
processed returned merchandise damaged or undamaged.
Not a very reliable work company.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCJuly 22, 2017
Job benefits not the best, didnt enjoy going to work. didnt feel safe.couldnt balance work and school. paid well but not worth the headache. just didnt enjoy the company.
Long hours, no days off together
Customer Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Alma, MIJuly 21, 2017
Hard to manage work and family unless you can get a good schedule, took 4 years. Management is poor, will let just about anyone promote to position if they don't have someone qualified.
Operation Manager
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAJuly 21, 2017
Operations Manager
Daily Operations included Profit and Loss
Customer Service
Set goals and ways to accomplish as a team
Time Management with daily activities
You are expected to bleed RAC
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Natchez, MSJuly 21, 2017
When you join this company you are expected to give 100% of yourself to it. Very limited work/life balance. Very consistently I would have to work over-time to make sure that my location "hit its numbers" for the month.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No work/life balance
great place
Account Rep (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAJuly 21, 2017
working at RAC is great especially if you like a change of pace during the day. In the mornings you call the route that is assigned to you. During the early afternoon you are focused on sales and you load the truck up for any deliveries. In the later part of the day is when you're out on the road completing those deliveries.
Productivity expectations are high, not a very fun work environment.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Stow, OHJuly 20, 2017
A typical day involves, calling collections, telemarketing for sales and answering the phone. You will also have to load and unload trucks, deliver and pick up merchandise, and do service calls , as needed. Over the years, I took various seminars in phone collection techniques and selling techniques. The things I liked best about the job, were the people I worked with and the customers that I got to know over the years
Pros
Each day was different, Company discounts.
Cons
Long days, high pressure, and no feeling of being appreciated by upper management.
Work
Customer Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORJuly 20, 2017
Nice fun job to have, nice part about the Job is that you get to be on the road a lot, it's a nice competitive community between the other stores but overall a fun place to be at.
Pros
On the road alot
Cons
Boss gets overwhelmed
Company with plenty of flaws
customer account representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 20, 2017
A typical day at work would consist of several challenges. First we would go down a list of people and call them to collect a payment or to schedule a pickup. Once all of that was taken care of then we would go down another list and take care of our deliveries since it was a furniture store. I would have to carry large heavy objects into vehicles and most of the time we would have to carry them up several flights of stairs since most of our customers lived in apartment complexes. Once that was done, if there was any time left in the day then we would go out and knock on customers doors that had past due payments. So basically we would go around trying to collect our merchandise or get a payment up front. If I was in the store I was also required to make sells on the floor. Greet and attend anyone who walked in and attempt to set them up with a plan so they can rent or buy an overpriced used or new product.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
underpayed, bad healthcare, long unpayed lunch breaks, and terrible staff
You will never have a dull day. Always something to do
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJuly 20, 2017
RAC is a fast paced and streasfull job at sometimes but its good for people who like to gogogogo. The stressfull part is dealing the the ignorance of the customer, but you just got to learn how to let things go and not let them get to u and continue being reapectfull to that person. If you can do that u wont have any issues.
A service attitude
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COJuly 20, 2017
If you enjoy working with the public and helping them to get something for their home that they need/want this job cold be for you. It's about providing a service for someone.
Pros
Great clients, teamwork and helping people.
Cons
The hours took over my life.
Hard work, low pay
Manager / Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 19, 2017
They work their employees hard, when there is a holiday, you dont get your typical designated day off because of the holiday. I would not recommend working here.
Executive Manager
Executive Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 19, 2017
Long stressful hours, have to hit certain numbers and if you do not you can expect to work late or get punished. Not that much room for growth because you have a 5 person team and to move up can take years. Not a great place to work.
Pros
Meeting new people, customer service, Sunday's off
Cons
Very stressful, career growth takes a long time, no job security
Good Job
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAJuly 19, 2017
Rent A Center is a good company to work for, however, not competitive with wages. Work life balance is needed to retain great talent. Always have split days off due to being closed every Sunday.
Pros
advancement, team building activities
Cons
under paid
pros/and cons
Customer Account Manager (Current Employee) –  DeKalb, ILJuly 18, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the day was helping customers rethink there financial plan. I would often sit with customers and help them with an affordable budget. The hardest part was not meeting our store goals, we would often stay in and make phone calls until 9pm on a Friday night to get people to pay there bills, i felt like i was harassing people, i was the most hated by far because the job made me cut throat, i would get people to return there merchandise because i simply told them they couldn't afford it from the start. Management would change each quarter, i seen someone get promoted to district manager and less than a year later get demoted back down to store manager.
Pros
paid weekly, Job advancements.
Cons
Short lunch break. If you smoked endless breaks were given, go through several differnt managers each year.
Very fast pace. Very number driven company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ukiah, CAJuly 18, 2017
Super stressful. No life work balance at all. Pay is great for area but comes with tons of pressure. Management is very cut throats and closed minded.
Pros
Great pay for area.
Cons
You will not have a life outside of work. Long hours. Split days off.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rent A Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6