RENT A WHEEL Employee Reviews

Run and exciting place to work
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Cortez, COJanuary 30, 2017
typical day at the office, great management team, areas for advancement in position and pay. Customer service and stern professionalism required. Always smiles and positive attitudes, dealing with customers and staff.
No opinion
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXDecember 16, 2016
I have no opinion on this company. Only thing I can say is I learned a lot about wheels and tires. But other than that I don't have anything else to say.
Fun place yo work
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 17, 2016
At Rent a Wheel you learn everyday new things about wheels and tires. This company takes care of there employees. I have no complaints when I was there I learned allot.
Pros
Leaning job
Cons
N/A
Fun and productive
Sales/ Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAOctober 10, 2016
Normal day would be get there before 10:30 am and get everything prepared for the day before opening the store. afterwards just focus on finding ways to get customers into the store to purchase our merchandise.
Pros
Good people
competive work environment
Sales manager (Former Employee) –  hgih point ncAugust 3, 2016
unless you want to fight for a sale i would not suggest you work for this company, the customers are nice but some of the managment and employees..... not so much!!!!
Pros
decent pay
Cons
fighting over who sale is witch
Store Manager
Store Manager that GTFO (Former Employee) –  OklahomaJuly 22, 2016
I'm not sure where all the people with the good reviews worked but it wasn't the Rent A Wheel I know. I was recruited by this company. I had numerous years experience in sales and management and bigger stores than this.

Employees- high turnover and low pay. I felt sorry for most of them. I wanted to fire all of them so they could get better paying jobs. Good people but most of them lacked self esteem and didn't believe they deserved better. Poorly trained by previous management mainly because most of them dont stay long anyway. You need to be desperate to work for this company.

Store managers work a ridiculous amount of hours. I was put in a store with no assistant, a sales person that couldn't do his job after being there 90 days. I worked before the store opened til after it closed 6 days a week. You will be doing a lot of physical work. Employees often call in or no show and they know they won't likely be fired because no one in their right mind wants to work there. You will be selling, collecting, repoing , and dismounting and installation of wheels and tires. You will deal with the bottom rung of humanity with horrible communications whose goto method is yelling and threats. You will deal with more heat cases than an IRS operator. The bonus structure is a huge part of the pay plan and you won't find out until you're already working that to qualify you have to close out the month with only 5% credit delinquency. Think about that, the people with the woest pay history on the face of the earth and you needcto have 95% of them current at any given time. Out of
  more... 130 they have about 10-20 stores that accomplish this occasionally and it is hit or miss. My advice is simple, don't work for this company unless you are literally at tge brink of homelessness or starvation. If you are in tha position take the job and keep living. This is a business that preys on the ignorant, the poor, and the disabled for its customer base. You have to be scum with no compassion to want to work for this company. If you have no soul and are in league with Lucifer you have found your calling.  less
Pros
Cons
everything
need more employee loyalty
assistant manager (Former Employee) –  inglewookApril 8, 2016
to much turn over no employee loyalty for the hard work and long hours a lot of stress need to be more hands on in training instead of computer
great experience
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  North Hills, CAFebruary 1, 2016
I learned to deal with different type of personalities, is always better to work as a team, the hardest part of the job is taking the right decisions in critical times and the most enjoyable part was that i got to meet a lot of people that helped me be a professional.
Pros
recreations
Cons
health care
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLNovember 19, 2015
Good place to work only problem low pay but overall awesome Excellent coworkers a lot of different situations I learned a lot
Pros
Good atmosphere to work, excellent team
Cons
Low pay
Great employees equals a great day.
Sales Manager/ Collections (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 5, 2015
Overall this is a fun place to work at, DEPENDING who you work with. You need to be an upbeat person for this place. I loved working there because you help people find the right wheels and tires for their vehicles. It's very rewarding to know you made a customer happy with finding something they are happy with taking home and showing off to their family and friends and also car shows.
Pros
Work Car Events.
Cons
Terrible Human Resource Staff, Everyone above store managers are always too busy to help their employees with resolving issues, never get a call back from human resources to follow up let alone even look into an issue.
good company
Collections Manager (Current Employee) –  Inglewood, CAApril 27, 2015
collection calls,reviewing accounts,filing.ive learned how to better understand the collection side of this company.The managment has its ups and downs of any situation in the store.i enjoy the atmosphere and environment of my job location.
Pros
bonus
Cons
healthcare
n/a
Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  odessa txSeptember 16, 2014
I deal with customers on a daily basis. My co-workers are very reliable. Being on my feet all day would be a dislike and meeting new people is great.
good schedule...
Installer/Trainee (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 29, 2014
You can't beat the 10-7 schedule, its great for the single person or the type of person that stays up late. Or even the person that wakes up early, you have the time to do things before you have to be in to work. No benefits, unless your a manager or higher level. kinda sucks when you got kids and need those benefits... But that will change soon due to the mandated law. This company does not drug screen which is a major flaw because half the people in the company would not be there if they did... just saying... Pay is...ok... could be way better considering the types of customers and situations we encounter, not worth anything less than 13 bucks an hour... I would rate this a 5 star if the pay were better and benefits were available immediately after your 90 days. Nobody really commits to their specific job duties and tries to push them off on other workers so they can just make an easy buck and then get defensive when you ask them to pull their weight.
Pros
schedule
Cons
beneffits, pay, team work
Productive, always something to do, very fun to learn about tires and rims
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 21, 2014
Went to sales rep to sales manager,
Took care of clients. Maintained accounts/cashier. Built up and broke down contracts to clients, inventory, maintained show room, handler of repossession accounts. Telemarketing.

Hardest part - finding cars that were up for repo
I enjoy this level of work and I did it with proud. I enjoy helping the client building up the contract for them reviewing it with them and watching them leave happy and excited
Pros
I GAINED ALOT OF EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THAT COMPANY
Cons
NOTHING
good work enviroment
Credit manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 16, 2014
* a family emviroment
* good learning experience
* very capable managers
Pros
good payrate
Cons
weekend shedules
management proffesional
Collections Manager (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMarch 2, 2014
I like to work hard and be able to lead to my team to excellence. working together to make the company a better competitor in the market.
productive, energetic, and fast paced.
Store Manager/Sales Manager/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CAJanuary 8, 2014
managing daily business operations.

*Look through daily reports.
*open store for business
*motivate, and prepare employees for the daily business
busy workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, CADecember 20, 2013
Setting up for customers daily showing different tires and wheels. Collecting payments from existing customers. I learned how to read tire sizes wheel sizes along with bolt patterns. Easy gooing management extreme team player. I worked along side some cool people who had a great knowledge of what they were doing. Hardest part of the job was being on your feet all day. The enjoyable part of the job was being able to transform someones car.
Pros
non stressful
Cons
going out in the streets to promote
Results oriented workplace
Associate (Current Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 29, 2013
5 day work week...advancement opportunities...0n-going training
Pros
40 hr work week
Cons
no healthcare
Horrible!!!!!!!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  FLSeptember 3, 2013
The reviews that are listed are by employees who have been told that they have a shot of being promoted. Don't believe them!! This company is horrible. Upper management cares nothing about the employees. To them, everyone is replaceable, no matter what talents you possess. They only want "Yes men". If you have an opinion, you may as well leave that at that door. If you are offered a position from them....RUN, RUN, RUN and never look back.
Cons
All of it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RENT A WHEEL. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8