RENT A WHEEL Employee Reviews

Bad
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 8, 2018
This place was terrible manager on drugs. Employees stealing from the customer. I wouldn't recommend working there. I would never recommend doing business there they crooked.
good company
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CADecember 23, 2017
Custom work is hard word & worth the tips & pay. Every one working together to help get the job done is great. every one is help full & no customers leave upset
Pros
custom shop
Cons
nothing
Rent a wheel
Manager Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMDecember 12, 2017
I was hired as a Assistant Manager. We would start the day by prepping equipment and getting our tire displays ready. We would then call potential leads that came by the previous day and would help them get the tires and rims they needed for their vehicles. We would also order special order tires and rim for the customers.
Pros
customer service experience
Cons
lazy support staff
Salary
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 9, 2017
Good place to work if you like Rent To Own and wheels and tires or cars in general. The hours and the pay started to conflict as I realized for the amount of hours that I worked and my salary added up to me being one of the lowest paid employees at my own store and just got burnt out.
Pros
good salary
Cons
hours worked
Turn around don't waste your time.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 18, 2017
If you need a job this is a place to go. I don't recommend this for company for career or advancements. That all i really have to say about this shady company.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
company does not care about employees.
work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXOctober 17, 2017
it sort of gave me a taste of outside sales just because we are selling tires and wheels and there are very many competitors in that business. Overall i loved it it was challenging competitive and fun.
Fun fast paced environment
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLAugust 1, 2017
Rent A Wheel is a great company to work for with decent pay and good benefits. Unfortunately the locations I worked had terrible management at the time which is the only reason why I left the company. Since then the regional management has cleaned house of bad mangers taking advantage of the company and it's employees.
Pros
Sundays and holidays off
Cons
Working in some times extreme conditions
Love working here
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 13, 2017
I first started RAW/RAT as a collections manager. Within six months i was promoted to ASM where I continued in daily efforts to grow the stores revenue and agreements balance and still provide celebrity style service. Approx. 6 months later I was promoted to Store Manager.
Pros
exciting work place, challenging, fast paced
Cons
Long hours, stress
Poor structure
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CAMay 11, 2017
They need to work on there structure and really be organize and not just hire anyone. Retail and rent to own are totally different. They dont care aboutbtjere employees
Trying
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAApril 28, 2017
Working with Rent a Wheel made me tough. It pushed me to be better and accept nothing but the best. It allowed me to see a different form of customer on a daily basis.
High Demand
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLApril 12, 2017
High demand. Business does not care about your family life. They doesn't care about any obligations you have that are not directly connected to the company.
Great Employees great culture
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Pico Rivera , CaFebruary 19, 2017
A great job to have to get hands on experience. Though the down side being vendors with low or no stock along with drilling improperly creating a inconvenience for the customer while taking no responsibility. Great work hours 10:30 am - 7:00pm every Sunday off with a additional day during the week.
Pros
Great personel from the branch to corrprate
Cons
Vendors very limited
Run and exciting place to work
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Cortez, COJanuary 30, 2017
typical day at the office, great management team, areas for advancement in position and pay. Customer service and stern professionalism required. Always smiles and positive attitudes, dealing with customers and staff.
No opinion
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXDecember 16, 2016
I have no opinion on this company. Only thing I can say is I learned a lot about wheels and tires. But other than that I don't have anything else to say.
Fun place yo work
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 17, 2016
At Rent a Wheel you learn everyday new things about wheels and tires. This company takes care of there employees. I have no complaints when I was there I learned allot.
Pros
Leaning job
Cons
N/a
Fun and productive
Sales/ Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAOctober 10, 2016
Normal day would be get there before 10:30 am and get everything prepared for the day before opening the store. afterwards just focus on finding ways to get customers into the store to purchase our merchandise.
Pros
Good people
competive work environment
Sales manager (Former Employee) –  hgih point ncAugust 3, 2016
unless you want to fight for a sale i would not suggest you work for this company, the customers are nice but some of the managment and employees..... not so much!!!!
Pros
decent pay
Cons
fighting over who sale is witch
Store Manager
Store Manager that GTFO (Former Employee) –  OklahomaJuly 22, 2016
I'm not sure where all the people with the good reviews worked but it wasn't the Rent A Wheel I know. I was recruited by this company. I had numerous years experience in sales and management and bigger stores than this.

Employees- high turnover and low pay. I felt sorry for most of them. I wanted to fire all of them so they could get better paying jobs. Good people but most of them lacked self esteem and didn't believe they deserved better. Poorly trained by previous management mainly because most of them dont stay long anyway. You need to be desperate to work for this company.

Store managers work a ridiculous amount of hours. I was put in a store with no assistant, a sales person that couldn't do his job after being there 90 days. I worked before the store opened til after it closed 6 days a week. You will be doing a lot of physical work. Employees often call in or no show and they know they won't likely be fired because no one in their right mind wants to work there. You will be selling, collecting, repoing , and dismounting and installation of wheels and tires. You will deal with the bottom rung of humanity with horrible communications whose goto method is yelling and threats. You will deal with more heat cases than an IRS operator. The bonus structure is a huge part of the pay plan and you won't find out until you're already working that to qualify you have to close out the month with only 5% credit delinquency. Think about that, the people with the woest pay history on the face of the earth and you needcto have 95% of them current at any given time. Out of
  more... 130 they have about 10-20 stores that accomplish this occasionally and it is hit or miss. My advice is simple, don't work for this company unless you are literally at tge brink of homelessness or starvation. If you are in tha position take the job and keep living. This is a business that preys on the ignorant, the poor, and the disabled for its customer base. You have to be scum with no compassion to want to work for this company. If you have no soul and are in league with Lucifer you have found your calling.  less
Pros
Cons
everything
need more employee loyalty
assistant manager (Former Employee) –  inglewookApril 8, 2016
to much turn over no employee loyalty for the hard work and long hours a lot of stress need to be more hands on in training instead of computer
great experience
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  North Hills, CAFebruary 1, 2016
I learned to deal with different type of personalities, is always better to work as a team, the hardest part of the job is taking the right decisions in critical times and the most enjoyable part was that i got to meet a lot of people that helped me be a professional.
Pros
recreations
Cons
health care

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RENT A WHEEL. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7