RENT A WHEEL

RENT A WHEEL Employee Reviews

ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLNovember 19, 2015
Good place to work only problem low pay but overall awesome Excellent coworkers a lot of different situations I learned a lot
Pros
Good atmosphere to work, excellent team
Cons
Low pay
Great employees equals a great day.
Sales Manager/ Collections (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 5, 2015
Overall this is a fun place to work at, DEPENDING who you work with. You need to be an upbeat person for this place. I loved working there because you help people find the right wheels and tires for their vehicles. It's very rewarding to know you made a customer happy with finding something they are happy with taking home and showing off to their family and friends and also car shows.
Pros
Work Car Events.
Cons
Terrible Human Resource Staff, Everyone above store managers are always too busy to help their employees with resolving issues, never get a call back from human resources to follow up let alone even look into an issue.
good company
Collections Manager (Current Employee) –  Inglewood, CAApril 27, 2015
collection calls,reviewing accounts,filing.ive learned how to better understand the collection side of this company.The managment has its ups and downs of any situation in the store.i enjoy the atmosphere and environment of my job location.
Pros
bonus
Cons
healthcare
n/a
Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  odessa txSeptember 16, 2014
I deal with customers on a daily basis. My co-workers are very reliable. Being on my feet all day would be a dislike and meeting new people is great.
good schedule...
Installer/Trainee (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 29, 2014
You can't beat the 10-7 schedule, its great for the single person or the type of person that stays up late. Or even the person that wakes up early, you have the time to do things before you have to be in to work. No benefits, unless your a manager or higher level. kinda sucks when you got kids and need those benefits... But that will change soon due to the mandated law. This company does not drug screen which is a major flaw because half the people in the company would not be there if they did... just saying... Pay is...ok... could be way better considering the types of customers and situations we encounter, not worth anything less than 13 bucks an hour... I would rate this a 5 star if the pay were better and benefits were available immediately after your 90 days. Nobody really commits to their specific job duties and tries to push them off on other workers so they can just make an easy buck and then get defensive when you ask them to pull their weight.
Pros
schedule
Cons
beneffits, pay, team work
PRODUCTIVE, ALWAYS SOMETHING TO DO, VERY FUN TO LEARN ABOUT TIRES AND RIMS
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 21, 2014
WENT TO SALES REP TO SALES MANAGER,
TOOK CARE OF CLIENTS. MAINTAINED ACCOUNTS/CASHIER. BUILT UP AND BROKE DOWN CONTRACTS TO CLIENTS, INVENTORY, MAINTAINED SHOW ROOM, HANDLER OF REPOSSESSION ACCOUNTS. TELEMARKETING.

HARDEST PART - FINDING CARS THAT WERE UP FOR REPO
I ENJOY THIS LEVEL OF WORK AND I DID IT WITH PROUD. I ENJOY HELPING THE CLIENT BUILDING UP THE CONTRACT FOR THEM REVIEWING IT WITH THEM AND WATCHING THEM LEAVE HAPPY AND EXCITED
Pros
i gained alot of experience and knowledge about that company
Cons
nothing
good work enviroment
Credit manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 16, 2014
* a family emviroment
* good learning experience
* very capable managers
Pros
good payrate
Cons
weekend shedules
management proffesional
Collections Manager (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMarch 2, 2014
I like to work hard and be able to lead to my team to excellence. working together to make the company a better competitor in the market.
productive, energetic, and fast paced.
Store Manager/Sales Manager/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CAJanuary 8, 2014
managing daily business operations.

*Look through daily reports.
*open store for business
*motivate, and prepare employees for the daily business
busy workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, CADecember 20, 2013
Setting up for customers daily showing different tires and wheels. Collecting payments from existing customers. I learned how to read tire sizes wheel sizes along with bolt patterns. Easy gooing management extreme team player. I worked along side some cool people who had a great knowledge of what they were doing. Hardest part of the job was being on your feet all day. The enjoyable part of the job was being able to transform someones car.
Pros
non stressful
Cons
going out in the streets to promote
Results oriented workplace
Associate (Current Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 29, 2013
5 day work week...advancement opportunities...0n-going training
Pros
40 hr work week
Cons
no healthcare
Horrible!!!!!!!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  FLSeptember 3, 2013
The reviews that are listed are by employees who have been told that they have a shot of being promoted. Don't believe them!! This company is horrible. Upper management cares nothing about the employees. To them, everyone is replaceable, no matter what talents you possess. They only want "Yes men". If you have an opinion, you may as well leave that at that door. If you are offered a position from them....RUN, RUN, RUN and never look back.
Cons
all of it
Lots of promises none delivered
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  South Gate, CAMarch 1, 2013
Poor training program, not much room for advancement, lots of turnarounds, clientele demographic can be hostile when they can't afford payments. Having Sundays off are nice and store opening times are nice given that most of the automotive industry starts at 8 and they start at 10
Pros
not much
Cons
never get the credit you deserve
Bad experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCDecember 7, 2012
I enjoyed the people I worked with.... That is it! The turn over with in this company is ridiculous, I saw 4 managers go through 1 location over the period of 9 months. I did not feel I was given a fair chance to advance. The corporate level management at this company is unrealistic. Beware!
Pros
atmosphere
Cons
pay, life-work balance, time off
Interesting concept
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCAugust 1, 2012
Enjoyable atmosphere and co-workers. It is constant multi-tasking
Pros
occasional bonuses
Cons
schedule
Exciting to get to see all the different cars coming through everyday.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJuly 13, 2012
The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to see how happy the customers were to get to drive a vehicle with new rims and tires which they couldnt afford any where else and seeing how happy they were to drive a safe vehicle and a vehicle they could be proud of.
Pros
fun environment to work in, nice music always playing to keep your spirits up
Cons
hours were tough sometimes working til 11pm
Rent to own wheels and tires
Manager in Training/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 25, 2012
As MIT/Assistant manager I was responsible for daily sales activities to meet the weekly goals. In the mornings I worked with the collections department and after lunch would do out door marketing. I learned almost everything I thought I already knew about wheels and tires. I also gain a strong ability to close sales leads, as it related to rent to own. My training/store manager was excellent. He taught me the business from the outside, in. I had typically four or five guys under me depending on the store. I switched stores twice. The hardest part of my job was not having any control over which stores I would be moved to. And the best part of my job was looking at the customers faces when they saw their cars with brand new wheels and tires.
great company.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Inglewood, CAApril 25, 2012
the company overall is a great company to work for and it does have its high moments and low ones as well.
Pros
great uniforms
Cons
you work saturdays
great company
Assistant Manager, Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Canoga Park, CAMarch 16, 2012
good management, great coworkers management is very caring about there workers
Pros
promote from with in the company