Rent the Runway

Rent the Runway Employer Reviews

Friendly yet determined environment
Shipper/Handler (Former Employee), Secaucus, NJJune 16, 2014
Pros: meals during busy days, extra hours and music at work stations
Cons: many were classified as part time, few long term positions
Morning consisted of processing returns for shipping (i.e. scanning, sorting and cleaning.) Afternoons were more chaotic with the majority of the day's shipments requiring assembling of orders, processing orders, organizing showrooms, communicating with center control from New York. During evenings, preparations for next day shipments, double checking – more... inventory and managing damaged and problem orders. The work partition involved incoming, outgoing, and cleaning. However, many of us floated from divisions to speed up work flow. Hardest part would be the long hours of constant physical strain for 12h+ sometimes. Most enjoyable parts had to be the teamwork, break station with pool table, and helpful/accessible management team. Typically the personality constant of everyone was determined, work orientated however friendly, funny and approachable. – less
Great company to work for!
Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 4, 2014
Excellent management team and co-workers. At times I was overwhelmed because so much is going on at once, but overall it's an amazing company that cares about their customers, and employees. Everything is super organized, and things are done quickly.
High energy, dynamic company!
Payroll Administrator (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 3, 2014
Rent the Runway is a company on the move filled with fun, energetic & creative minds seeking to revolutionize fashion.
Extremely Organized and Great People to work with
Runway Rep (Current Employee), New YorkJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: not paid
As a Runway Rep, we are given much guidance from the College coordinators and other employees. They help us immensely and give us a manual that is very easy and clear to follow. They reward you when you do well with discounts on dresses. It is an amazing company!
Fun workplace with confused direction
Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 27, 2013
Pros: beautiful people
Cons: disorganized, low pay
A company with great potential, but disorganized like none other. Turnover was rapid. People kept quitting, moving on to the next thing. I suppose it is hard to be inspired by fashion. The CEO is brilliant, but the lower management is catty. Beautiful people, not so bright or organized. With the right employees, one day, RTR has potential to be amazing.
Passion driven to offer affordable fashion
Campus Representative-Manager (Former Employee), Stillwater, OKJune 30, 2013
Rent the Runway taught me the importance of working in teams. Communication was all done electronically because corporate is in New York City. Monthly conference calls and emails were the main form of communication while also maintaining a Facebook page and Twitter account for our university. I led a team of reps to reach monthly sales and signups goals. – more... The hardest part of the job was reaching our goals because some people don't find Rent the Runway beneficial. The most enjoyable part was reaching our monthly goals. – less
Exciting and productive work place where everyday we aim for new goals!
Customer Insights Associate & Stylist (Current Employee), New YorkApril 1, 2013
Pros: co workers
Cons: low salery
Dealing with customer regarding orders. Provide styling advise and product knowledge on inventory. Enjoy working for this company
Public Relations Intern
Intern, Rent the Runway Public Relations (Current Employee), Blacksburg, VAJanuary 5, 2013
I work on a team of 6 people who have their own respective positions at Virginia Tech for the company. I personally talk with advertising companies in hopes to promote the company.

About Rent the Runway

Rent the Runway is a disruptive eCommerce business with a mission to democratize luxury in the U.S. – simply, we believe – Read more