Rent the Runway Employee Reviews

Great place to learn and teach
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJApril 5, 2017
teach and develop your team to hit the company goals. very friendly team leads and upper senior managers that will help you out when you need the help. workplace culture is very great everyone gets along with everyone.
Pros
get lunch time to time very friendly co-works and upper management
Cons
management in the department sucks
This Is An Okay Job
Shipper (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJMarch 31, 2017
It was good while it lasted but, the pay wasn't all too good. There was barely any benefits and sometimes it seemed as though the managers were confused about what managing was.
fun and diverse place to work
Senior Stylist/Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCFebruary 26, 2017
everyday is different, that's the most exciting part. As the appointment stylist you have a different client every hour. perfect environment fro a thriving stylist
Productive and Fun Wok place
Customer Insights Representative (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJJanuary 26, 2017
The culture at Rent the Runway was amazing! Competitive yet friendly staff. Very engaging! The hardest part of the job was learning the software however; training is provided. Best work atmosphere I ever encountered!
Pros
Everything was great!
Cons
no discounts for employees
Sweat Shop
The Underdog (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJAugust 25, 2016
Associates are great. Upper management needs work. Prime example of a startup company that lost sight of the core values that made them.
Very productive and fun work place
Spotter (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJAugust 17, 2016
Every one was friendly and very helpful with helping new employees.I learned how to do things such as drycleaning, machine operating, and spotting. Co workers are always efficient and on top of work. Hardest part is working a high amount of hours completing a high number of garment , almost 10,000 a day. but it's also fun and challenging. Most enjoyable part was the environment and people that I worked with.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
The long hours
Great Place to work
Senior Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 15, 2016
Awesome Culture.Very young company. Very calm environment. Can drink in the office.No dress code. Very free spirited. End of the month is always a headache but not a big deal.
Pros
No stress work environment
Cons
to many young people without the experience are moved up
No Room for Growth
Junior Customer Communications Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 21, 2016
Coming into the position, you are trained on all aspects of the rules and guidelines of the company. This is strictly a customer service role. Unfortunately, the only growth within is to become a Senior customer communications associate (with a $1 raise). The pay is not enough for the 9 hour days and weekend shifts.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the random perks and fun coworkers.
Pros
snacks
Cons
long hours, low pay, weekend shifts
productive and fun workplace
Quality approved (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJMay 22, 2016
working at rent the runway was an great opportunity for me. it was fast pace and i like that. they provided me with great hours and worked around my school schedule.
Use to be a fun place to work.
Junior Stylist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 15, 2016
Once management was changed, the culture shifted. There were a lot of dishonesty going on with the CEO causing a spiral affect in their Customer Insights Department.

Want to know more about Rent the Runway?

Ask a question
Great place 1st place to work in high end retail
Client Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 14, 2016
I enjoyed working here unfortunately there wasn't any open permanent positions at the time my contract expired. The staff was very open and kind. They're an awesome team to work with!
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Slow days
Productive, fast paced, and fun
New Receipts Associate (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJDecember 26, 2015
A typical day at work includes documentation of all new merchandise, quality assurance, and last but not least, input of all new inventory into our warehouse management system.
Pros
fast paced and fun
Cons
not enough hours.. looking for 30+weekly
High Employee turnover
Line Staff (Palletizer) (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJSeptember 20, 2015
Lots of lifting, poor management, lots of employee turnover. Overtime most days due to poor decision making
Very hard work
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
no lunch when busy
My job was being a dry cleaning spotter.
Spotter (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJAugust 25, 2015
I was able to learn how to dry clean garments. I had learned more information on how to wash clothing. So many things I experimented and experienced working are skills I still use today.
Pros
Meeting new people, learning about the dry cleaning business
Productive and fun workplace
Collections Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 3, 2015
One must have an extremely tough skin working in the corporate office at Rent The Runway. Thank goodness for wonderful co-workers who became friends and confidantes. Many times seeing their faces and getting to talk to them during lunch was the only thing to keep me going.
Pros
Bagels on Friday
Cons
Communication issues with upper mangament
no room for growth, under paid over worked
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  seacausJuly 11, 2015
the morning there were kinda busy, but died down after 10 am
I learned that your pay hardly increases
co workers are very friendly
the hardiest part of the job was staying positive there
the most enjoyable was smoke break
Pros
its a job
Cons
they barelygive you 20 hrs
General overview
Assistant Stylist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 14, 2015
Company culture is very inclusive and everyone is easy-going, friendly and sociable. As it is still a relatively new company, management is sometimes confusing, but seems to be developing successfully.
Wonderful co-workers and free dress rentals made it fun
Store Communications Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 27, 2015
One must have an extremely tough skin working at any of the Rent The Runway stores. Thank goodness for wonderful co-workers who became friends and confidantes. Many times seeing their faces and getting to talk to them during lunch was the only thing to keep me going. The combination of low inventory, extremely long wait times for dressing rooms and irate customers, it definitely took the toll on everyone.

Few things that need to change that would dramatically improve morale:

- Please thoroughly TRAIN THE CUSTOMER SERVICE TEAM!! It is unacceptable and hurts us when CI tells customers over the phone the wrong things to get them off the phone (ie: telling customers wrong store hours, incorrect information about when their dress will arrive knowing that we cannot guarantee what van a dress will be on, saying that we carry all 65,000 dress in store when we only carry 1,000, etc.)

- Please be more clear on the website explaining the "walk in" procedure, if you walk in without an appointment you will have to wait for a dressing room to open up you can't just pop in and immediately try on, dressing rooms are reserved for the clients who have paid for an appointment, too much confusion from walk ins who take their anger out on the employees

- Management: Please have monthly events for the team to boost morale. Dealing with a high stress job is emotionally taxing. Please keep your promises when saying that we will have team outings (bowling, dinner boat cruises, karaoke, team dinners, etc.) and please be open to feedback from employees and do not bring outside drama/personal
  more... matters into the job - we should not be subject to your anger over what happened with your boyfriend, friends, etc.

The most enjoyable part was seeing my co-workers and learning a lot about myself and drawing out strength I didn't know I had.
Pros
Amazing co-workers and free dress rentals
Cons
"Interesting Management, " Irate Customers, Low Inventory in the stores, Customer Service telling customers the wrong information, etc.
enviroment is good to work in.
Shipper/Packer (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJApril 18, 2015
I like the people I work with. We all work hard but the job is a little underpaid when it comes to how much work and energy we put it in.
typical day at work
Assistant Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJMarch 9, 2015
A good company to work for. The work environment is fast pace but an enjoyable work to go to. Enjoyable and fun co-workers, very friendly environment too.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rent the Runway. Our community is ready to answer.