Rent the Runway

Rent the Runway Employee Reviews in United States

Great place 1st place to work in high end retail
Client Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 14, 2016
I enjoyed working here unfortunately there wasn't any open permanent positions at the time my contract expired. The staff was very open and kind. They're an awesome team to work with!
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Slow days
Productive, fast paced, and fun
New Receipts Associate (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJDecember 26, 2015
A typical day at work includes documentation of all new merchandise, quality assurance, and last but not least, input of all new inventory into our warehouse management system.
Pros
fast paced and fun
Cons
not enough hours.. looking for 30+weekly
Use to be a fun place to work.
Junior Stylist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 15, 2016
Once management was changed, the culture shifted. There were a lot of dishonesty going on with the CEO causing a spiral affect in their Customer Insights Department.
Productive and fun workplace
Collections Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 3, 2015
One must have an extremely tough skin working in the corporate office at Rent The Runway. Thank goodness for wonderful co-workers who became friends and confidantes. Many times seeing their faces and getting to talk to them during lunch was the only thing to keep me going.
Pros
Bagels on Friday
Cons
Communication issues with upper mangament
My job was being a dry cleaning spotter.
Spotter (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJAugust 25, 2015
I was able to learn how to dry clean garments. I had learned more information on how to wash clothing. So many things I experimented and experienced working are skills I still use today.
Pros
Meeting new people, learning about the dry cleaning business
High Employee turnover
Line Staff (Palletizer) (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJSeptember 20, 2015
Lots of lifting, poor management, lots of employee turnover. Overtime most days due to poor decision making
Very hard work
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
no lunch when busy
no room for growth, under paid over worked
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  seacausJuly 11, 2015
the morning there were kinda busy, but died down after 10 am
I learned that your pay hardly increases
co workers are very friendly
the hardiest part of the job was staying positive there
the most enjoyable was smoke break
Pros
its a job
Cons
they barelygive you 20 hrs
General overview
Assistant Stylist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 14, 2015
Company culture is very inclusive and everyone is easy-going, friendly and sociable. As it is still a relatively new company, management is sometimes confusing, but seems to be developing successfully.
Passion driven to offer affordable fashion
Campus Representative-Manager (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJune 30, 2013
Rent the Runway taught me the importance of working in teams. Communication was all done electronically because corporate is in New York City. Monthly conference calls and emails were the main form of communication while also maintaining a Facebook page and Twitter account for our university. I led a team of reps to reach monthly sales and signups goals. The hardest part of the job was reaching our goals because some people don't find Rent the Runway beneficial. The most enjoyable part was reaching our monthly goals.
enviroment is good to work in.
Shipper/Packer (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJApril 18, 2015
I like the people I work with. We all work hard but the job is a little underpaid when it comes to how much work and energy we put it in.

Want to know more about Rent the Runway?

Ask a question
Rent the Runway
Customer Communications Junior Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 8, 2015
Amazing company with some of the best, most methodical people that I have ever worked with! Definitely a fun work environment to be a part of!
Pros
kind staff, very fun work environment
Fun workplace with confused direction
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 27, 2013
A company with great potential, but disorganized like none other. Turnover was rapid. People kept quitting, moving on to the next thing. I suppose it is hard to be inspired by fashion. The CEO is brilliant, but the lower management is catty. Beautiful people, not so bright or organized. With the right employees, one day, RTR has potential to be amazing.
Pros
beautiful people
Cons
disorganized, low pay
typical day at work
Assistant Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJMarch 9, 2015
A good company to work for. The work environment is fast pace but an enjoyable work to go to. Enjoyable and fun co-workers, very friendly environment too.
Extremely Organized and Great People to work with
Runway Rep (Current Employee) –  New YorkJanuary 20, 2014
As a Runway Rep, we are given much guidance from the College coordinators and other employees. They help us immensely and give us a manual that is very easy and clear to follow. They reward you when you do well with discounts on dresses. It is an amazing company!
Pros
discounts
Cons
not paid
Great company to work for!
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 4, 2014
Excellent management team and co-workers. At times I was overwhelmed because so much is going on at once, but overall it's an amazing company that cares about their customers, and employees. Everything is super organized, and things are done quickly.
Friendly yet determined environment
Shipper/Handler (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJJune 16, 2014
Morning consisted of processing returns for shipping (i.e. scanning, sorting and cleaning.) Afternoons were more chaotic with the majority of the day's shipments requiring assembling of orders, processing orders, organizing showrooms, communicating with center control from New York. During evenings, preparations for next day shipments, double checking inventory and managing damaged and problem orders. The work partition involved incoming, outgoing, and cleaning. However, many of us floated from divisions to speed up work flow. Hardest part would be the long hours of constant physical strain for 12h+ sometimes. Most enjoyable parts had to be the teamwork, break station with pool table, and helpful/accessible management team. Typically the personality constant of everyone was determined, work orientated however friendly, funny and approachable.
Pros
meals during busy days, extra hours and music at work stations
Cons
many were classified as part time, few long term positions
Exciting and productive work place where everyday we aim for new goals!
Customer Insights Associate & Stylist (Current Employee) –  New YorkApril 1, 2013
Dealing with customer regarding orders. Provide styling advise and product knowledge on inventory. Enjoy working for this company
Pros
co workers
Cons
low salery
Public Relations Intern
Intern, Rent the Runway Public Relations (Current Employee) –  Blacksburg, VAJanuary 5, 2013
I work on a team of 6 people who have their own respective positions at Virginia Tech for the company. I personally talk with advertising companies in hopes to promote the company.
Fun workplace
Collections Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 9, 2014
Fun, cool place to work. However I didn't want to go another year a as a "temp"
Pros
free cofee
Cons
more interaction from management
Horrible place to work
Showroom (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 8, 2014
The company is run like a sorority house and they have no clue about fashion. Do not leave a well established company to go here. They hire and fire irrationally.