Rent.com Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
fun work place
Accounting Support Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMay 23, 2014
I have been with rent for 11 yrs. the Accounting dept was a great department and great co-workers to be with all day.
Pros
free lunches
Advanced, interesting with great potential
Client Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CANovember 6, 2013
My Rent.com duties required us to assist renter customers in usage of the website to find an apartment on their own. Job duties also include assisting renter customers in claim the $100 VISA reward card for there usage of the website.

Working for Rent.com help me acquire knowledge in the rental market and the power of advertisement for properties and renters.

Management at the company was great, friendly and educating. Making sure that I was up to speed on projects and assignments as well as new initiatives with in the company.

The most difficult part at Rent was help the renters understand that the $100 VISA reward card was a legit bonus for there using and telling the property about Rent.com. If a step was missed it would cause the renter to miss out on the reward. This could very well be the sole reason for them to use the service.

The most rewarding part of the job, was the people that worked there. Working smart and hard to make Rent.com number one in the rental market!
Pros
hassle free environment, friendly coworkers and management
Cons
no real cons surprisingly the company was sold which change everyones fate.
Laid back work environment with friendly co-workers
Solutions Agent (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJuly 29, 2013
Rent.com is has a laid back culture where customer satisfaction is key to success. The management does a wonderful job of listening to worker concerns and ideas and implementing them accordingly. Sometimes, the employees can be a little too relaxed but tasks are always completed. Dealing with customers can be difficult; you never know who you will encounter at the other end of the line. However, it is always a great feeling to resolve customer concerns and know that they are happy.
Great workplace with supervisor, but the trainers were not very patient people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 9, 2012
I would open the office and check my emails. Then I would proceed to work on whatever was the required information on a very tight schedule. There was a different task usually scheduled for every day and when it was time to do the layout of the magazine, some items had to be pushed to another day. The magazine was the most important part of this position. I felt comfortable working with my direct supervisor on this aspect of the job, but I had two supervisors and I was not as comfortable with her style of communicating what she needed.

Management was only concerned with certain reports that needed to be fulfilled at various times of the month. They were very respectful when they talked with me and I even thought they liked me. That is the hardest part of my jobs, I want everyone to like me and my work and anywhere you go, you are always going to be faced with some type of adversity or someone who does not care for your particular work style and ethics.

The most enjoyable part of my job was working with my direct supervisor. Our communication between us was excellent and she was one of a kind boss. I also enjoyed being the only person in the office, when she was on the road. I am very comfortable working alone with minimal supervision. If I would have had the right trainers and ones that spoke with me respectfully, I think I could have learned all the aspects that this position required.
Pros
working with minimal supervision
Cons
poor training and trainers that did not respect me.

4.4