Rent2Own

Rent2Own Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Delivery Specialist (Former Employee), Lancaster, OHFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: free merchendise if your store beat the year end goal
A day full of fun was a typical work day
What I learned was hard work and heavy lifting can be exciting
My manager was a great mentor and friend.
Co-workers were always there to help when needed
The hardest part of the job was when I first started, Trying to lift appliances as a new guy was rough
The most enjoyable part of the day was ALL DAY. Full of laughter and fun
Great place to be
assistant manager (Current Employee), Chillicothe, OHDecember 16, 2014
Promotes from the ground up. Great work family. Rent-2-Own has developed who I am today.
was lied to about the job i was to be doing
Sales (Former Employee), washington court houseDecember 5, 2014
They was to take my full time position for being the only one doing all the work. they wanted to take my benefits also.i done everything there from filing to deliveries.i broke my foot off years ago ang they knew that.but still wanted to put me at risk.
Loved this place!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Jackson, OHNovember 15, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits, staff
By far the best place I've worked. Lots of opportunity for advancement. Fair pay. Staff was great and customers were awesome.
not fun
Account Manager (Former Employee), Hillsboro, OHJuly 14, 2014
The work enviroment was not fun, dealing with people who didnt want to pay their bills. And they always had bed bugs.
Great people!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Pasadena, TexasJuly 9, 2013
Pros: small company, hours were great
Cons: low pay
As a assistant manger I would often meet new people and solve their problems which was great. Owners were great and knew personally but company was small so advancement was slow, eventually the company went out of business. I learned to be patient and work with people of many cultures.
NO MANAGEMENT SUPPORT
Manager (Former Employee), Marietta, OHNovember 12, 2012
iF YOU ARE ASKED TO RUN THIS STORE DON'T BELIEVE IT YOUR JUST A BABYSITTER. AS LONG AS THE KIDS GET THIER WAY EVERYONE IS HAPPY TRY TO MAVE THEM DO THIER JOB YOUR FIRED.....
The culture and environment was very poor
Store Manager/Assistant Manager Over Collections (Former Employee), Marietta, OHJuly 15, 2012
This company paid well in comparison to similar positions/companies.
When I started my employment, they boasted about how well they treated their employees. I found just the opposite with myself and many others in the company. It seemed they would rather terminate an employee that struggled instead of further training. Regional managers also routinely spoke openly and ridiculed other employees in the stores. Keep in mind, this was not intended to be a joke. Other employees were not aware and I viewed this as humiliation. These conversations were not intended to be within a group of managers in stores, they were just an open humiliation of employees. I understand this may happen in many businesses, but that does not make it right.
I feel the managers in general, were unprofessional. They condoned making a profit but honestly did not care too much about character. The fact they claim to be a "church-going, family-oriented, company", is definitely false.
Very fast paced work enviroments.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Waverly, OHApril 17, 2012
Pros: fast paced
Cons: job advancement was slim.
This was a full-time job that made me expand my skills as a Customer Service Rep. It was a fast-paced job that made me multi task on a daily basis. This was the best part of the job.
Industry