Rent2Own Employee Reviews

Rent2Own
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXJanuary 31, 2017
I have learned how to talk to people and communicate better with them. How to fill out contracts and how to advertise properly. This job has made me more outgoing but also more stern in a professional manner.
Rent2Own
Certified Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Gallipolis, OHNovember 16, 2016
I have learned a great deal about working with the public. I have enjoyed my time with Rent2Own and believe it is a great place to work. They have excellent salaries and are willing to work with all of their employees
Decent Pay. Deplorable culture
Accounts (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 9, 2016
The culture is deplorable. This company is good for those who have no moral standards. Terminations for no reason. I would compare the culture to that of a singles bar on a Saturday night.
Pros
Decent pay for the conditions
ok
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Milford, OHAugust 27, 2016
its ok place to work at as long as you don't mess up and as long as the people like you if not you will get fired . so i liked it there but i was new to stuff i messed up was truly sorry but wasn't given a second chance even after i was told i would not be fired so they don't give many chances and if someone doesn't like you then you are for sure screwed.
Pros
not a time for lunch really have to fit it in when you can. and people can be nice
Cons
healthcare, pay, and knowing your making someone pay mass more than something worth
Best company in the business to work for!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  OhioJune 3, 2016
Great environment, great compensation, excellent bonus plans for all full-time employees, great people. The benefits are unbelievable. The customers are the best part! I love getting out of bed and coming to work every day! I've been around this business nearly my entire life and will continue to work here as long as I'm welcome! Sometimes its a dirty job, and sometimes it can get frustrating, but the rewards make it very much so worth it. This is a family owned company, ran by a great big r2o family of employees.
Pros
Paid holidays, bonuses, good product discounts for employees, great hours
Cons
Sometimes it gets sweaty, smelly, and stressful, but those things are far overshadowed by the good.
Fantastic work environment!!!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, OHJune 2, 2016
By far one of the best jobs I have ever had, work environment, job location, to the wonderful staff and very pleasant customers makes for a successful experience and company each day.
Pros
Decent pay, overall enjoyable company to work for.
Cons
Worst I can say, may be so busy that my lunch is cold but when sales are high, truly its not much to complain about.
Rewarding and fun work place!
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHJune 2, 2016
This is a company that works hard to please not just the customers but the employees too! They have a great reward system including an annual meeting where employees receive awards for all of their hard work! Everyone in this company knows each other by name, including the owner who even works hard to know our long term customers names and faces. 97% of promotions are from the ground up. They work to please their employees daily and are always thinking of ways to make the customers love us even more! We aren't just another company, we are a family!
Pros
Reward systems, annual company picnic, annual meeting.
Productive and Fun
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Zanesville, OHJune 2, 2016
Co-workers and customers become family. The environment is very laid back and fun. There is a lot of work to get done each day but stores really pull together and work as a team. There are a ton of opportunities within the company, you are not limited.
Pros
Great benefits, Sundays and Birthday off, great pay, Company outing, annual banquet, bonus opportunities
Fun Atmosphere--Great Pay and Benefits!
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  OhioJune 2, 2016
* Typical work day consist of helping customers with payment options and working with them.
* Considerable amount of time making calls and conducting field visits
* Manager was great--taught how to be successful and clearly explained my expectations every day.
* Every store is like a big family--we all got along to get the job done!
* Most enjoyable part of the job--helping the community I live in. It's great to see customers have options other than going out and paying a lot of money upfront.
* Other perks: Never a late night or early morning, off every Sunday, and great paid time off (I even have my birthday off with pay). Company picnic at Kings Island is Great to share with the family!
Pros
Birthday a Paid Holiday, Sundays Off, Kings Island Company Picnic
Customer Sales Rep
Customer Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  KentuckyJune 2, 2016
I have been a CSR with Rent-2-Own for over a year. Best place I have ever worked. Hours are great. Never home late and gives me time for my family!
Pros
Health Insurance, 401k, Rewards, Bonuses
Cons

Want to know more about Rent2Own?

Ask a question
Fun and rewarding
Customer Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Gallipolis, OHMay 9, 2016
An overall great company...a family atmosphere...a life work balance better than other companies I have worked for...the work experience here is Great!..Lots of coaching and training given to employees in many areas which is a great help in becoming better and better at what we do!! I highly recommend this company.
Pros
Great coworkers and a family atmosphere
Sales Rep,
Customer Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Circleville, OHOctober 8, 2015
I was one of the sales persons, was responsible for organizing and cleaning the sales floor. Made sales calls, collection calls, and also marketing calls. Cash handling and bill collection, daily paperwork, and also making sales on the daily bases. My responsibility was weekly marketing of all brand new items.
Pros
Friendly environment, Love working with customers.
Cons
Regret having to move away from the position.
Gross and unethical workplace!
collections/sales (Former Employee) –  Marietta OhioMay 5, 2015
I've literally had to knock roaches off the counter and walls while I was trying to sell used/smelly furniture to people. The delivery trucks are just as bad...bald tires, 10,000 miles overdue for oil changes etc. If you have the "right" manager you will always meet sales goals due to the fact that they are all fake sales and the numbers get manipulated because the manager wants his bonus. Inventory is waaaay off due to the fact that management urges you to put the missing product under a current customers account, then remove it after the audit. I could go on and on and on...
Pros
free merch when goals are met or when it's not in inventory and gets picked up, hours
Cons
disqusting work environment! Roaches literally crawling up the walls, bedbugs, lack of knowledge in management and upper management.
Great place to work.
Delivery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHFebruary 16, 2015
A day full of fun was a typical work day
What I learned was hard work and heavy lifting can be exciting
My manager was a great mentor and friend.
Co-workers were always there to help when needed
The hardest part of the job was when I first started, Trying to lift appliances as a new guy was rough
The most enjoyable part of the day was ALL DAY. Full of laughter and fun
Pros
Free merchendise if your store beat the year end goal
Great place to be
assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHDecember 16, 2014
Promotes from the ground up. Great work family. Rent-2-Own has developed who I am today.
Loved this place!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jackson, OHNovember 15, 2014
By far the best place I've worked. Lots of opportunity for advancement. Fair pay. Staff was great and customers were awesome.
Pros
Pay, benefits, staff
Great people!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TexasJuly 9, 2013
As a assistant manger I would often meet new people and solve their problems which was great. Owners were great and knew personally but company was small so advancement was slow, eventually the company went out of business. I learned to be patient and work with people of many cultures.
Pros
small company, hours were great
Cons
low pay
No management support
Manager (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHNovember 12, 2012
If you are asked to run this store don't believe it your just a babysitter. As long as the kids get thier way everyone is happy try to mave them do thier job your fired.....
The culture and environment was very poor
Store Manager/Assistant Manager Over Collections (Former Employee) –  Marietta, OHJuly 15, 2012
This company paid well in comparison to similar positions/companies.
When I started my employment, they boasted about how well they treated their employees. I found just the opposite with myself and many others in the company. It seemed they would rather terminate an employee that struggled instead of further training. Regional managers also routinely spoke openly and ridiculed other employees in the stores. Keep in mind, this was not intended to be a joke. Other employees were not aware and I viewed this as humiliation. These conversations were not intended to be within a group of managers in stores, they were just an open humiliation of employees. I understand this may happen in many businesses, but that does not make it right.
I feel the managers in general, were unprofessional. They condoned making a profit but honestly did not care too much about character. The fact they claim to be a "church-going, family-oriented, company", is definitely false.
Very fast paced work enviroments.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waverly, OHApril 17, 2012
This was a full-time job that made me expand my skills as a Customer Service Rep. It was a fast-paced job that made me multi task on a daily basis. This was the best part of the job.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
job advancement was slim.