Renton Technical College Employee Reviews

Overall job
Financial Aid Clerk (Current Employee) –  Renton, WAAugust 29, 2016
Feel extremely unwanted and know I am a great employee. I have never been at a job where people do not want to see you advance and grow in your career or within the college.
The best place I never had worked in the US
Program Assistant / Even Start and ABE (Former Employee) –  Renton, WADecember 9, 2014
I just loved my job. I had two part-times jobs in a awesome hours and weekdays... I worked independent to create material and data for the ABE/ESL evening students and teachers. I collected ESL test results to generated a government report. I was the liaison person between main campus and outside campus. I was able to worked with a huge diversity of students around the world and change my mind against old prejudice. My co-workers was respect and cooperative with my ESL English speaking accent. I was able to use my multitasks administration and multi language background and upgrade my computer software and applications skills.
Unfortunately, I had layoff in both of my jobs in the same time with a months of difference because the government economic crisis...
Pros
All -environment, atmosphere, support, management and benefits.
Cons
Nothing really.
Excellent
Graduated 2 year Welding Program (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAMay 27, 2016
Excellent Welding Program

Attended and participated in the Welding Rodeo at Bellingham Technical College where our team of four won first place in the Fire and Ice Event.

Part time Work Study / Shop Maintenance Work at Renton Technical College. Maintenance/Cleanup of shop; preparation of materials for students and cleanup of workstations.

Part time paid Student Senator at Renton Technical College.
Pros
Gained lots of welding knowlege and experience
Student success is priority.
ESL Instructor (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAAugust 5, 2016
Good leadership, tools available for teachers, great staff. This is a great supplemental job. Students are respectful and grateful.
Great place to work.
Registration Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAMarch 29, 2015
No promotions due to constant budget cuts from the State of Washington. I did an outstanding job while there. Developed outstanding long term rapports with students.
Cons
Good benefits.
Great people
it analyst (Current Employee) –  Renton, WANovember 8, 2015
The people are great to work with, always seem happy. There is not the pressure that you see in a lot of companies. Self paced, as long as you are making progress. They are open to new ideas, although sometimes they are hard to implement. The hardest part of the job is that I am only temporary. I enjoy the attitudes of my co-workers, whom make the day go faster.
Pros
I don't have someone breathing down my back to get things done.
Cons
Some days are a little long when I get stuck between two projects.
students and faculty are great management needs to be revamped badly
Cashiering Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Renton, WASeptember 18, 2014
loved working at the college and everyday experience with diverse cultures is amazing. I learned everyday just how much the faculty cares about the students and how much they are willing to give to make their dreams come true. my most recent boss (Kim Sykes) is one of the most giving and caring person of management on the college campus. she was always willing to go the extra mile to teach me whatever she could. that is one of the most enjoyable parts of my job.
my co workers are awesome some of them have issues and I would not want to be around those types of employees are some are just too negative.
hardest part of the job - way too much gossip and management I(the top dogs) need to get a handle on it. I(it would help a lot if upper management kept their mouth shut to)

its very hard to move up at this company, its almost like if you aren't in with the big dogs it will never happen.

all in all I believe the college is a great place to get an education, but needs help with the upper management and giving more to their employees
Pros
great enviroment, great caring teachers
Cons
not enough encouragement for employees, too much gossip
clinical Practice
Medical Lab Technician (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Renton, WASeptember 30, 2015
I have not had a good experience with Renton Technical college and I am very disappointed in the management and the whole school system.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
No cons
Great Opportunities,great programs.
Sterile Processing Technician program (Former Employee) –  Renton,WashingtonJuly 29, 2015
Learned much here at Renton Technical College.
Kudos to my instructor who guide the class thru
some challenging times and good times,always encouraging
and helpful.
From administrative staff to security,I was very pleased with my time attending here.
Pros
Instructors take time to provide private tutoring and counsel
Excellent place to work or get your education
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAApril 14, 2013
Renton Technical College is a top rated school that delivers highly rated programs. Excellent place to work even for short term. I work on a contracts for two separate grants and loved my job. The program offers the best structure for students to become successful not only in their program but also when they enter their field of study.
Fun Careers,Good Staff
Renton,wa (Former Employee) –  Pre-School Teacher Assistant/FloaterNovember 4, 2011
Fun place to work,and helpful staff.Always learning,laughing and yet gathering helpful knowledge,and using it daily.The cleanliness and comforting classrooms,making it easier to focus on work.An atmosphere that is unstressfull,fun and enjoyable to go to on a daily basis.Friendly and helpful people to willingly help you.
Pros
the knowledge you gain
Cons
traffic
Great place to sharpen your skills!
Part Time Medical Terminology Instructor (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAFebruary 11, 2014
As a part time instructor at Renton, I had the ability to work my full time job, and teach. This was also true for my students who were also able to sharpen their skills while still working fill time. The most challenging part of my job was creating the curriculum from the bottom up.
Good
Weld Shop Work Study (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJuly 1, 2015
I typically worked several hours a day, safely organizing the steel yard, fixing the shop equipment, and cleaning up the shop.
Supportive instructors
Medical Secretary Training (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAOctober 20, 2013
Classes for Medical Secretarial
My instructors were always there when I had questions.
They were also there to encourage me through special projects to show my skills.
The most difficult was being one of the few older students in the class.
Be the oldest member of the class to graduate with honors.
On college campus and off
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJune 17, 2014
I would be responsible to take the school's car, get it checked out and in at a certain time. I would use transport to visit local college or hospitals promoting higher education in the college fair of events.
Pros
I meet a lot of great people. Kind and really educated people..
Cons
Never the same people.
N/a
maintenance (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAMay 16, 2015
I repaired and maintained equipments and prepared something for demo for instructors in workshop. Though the job is dirty, I learned a lot of something new.
student intern ship
STUDENT INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAFebruary 13, 2013
it was a productive summer I learned and earned a lot .
gained .500 english credit
1,200 dollars in two months
interned at a couple of trade classes
field trips
paid lunches
fun work enviroment
Work Study (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAFebruary 26, 2015
had a lot of fun working at renton tech if i was still a student i would still be working there on a typical day i would generally help students with their assignments
Great staff! fun place.
Banquet Server/Bartender and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAOctober 27, 2014
Great staff here!, it does have short hours so it is very hard to become full time is the only reason not for 5stars.
Like working in office enviroment.
Office Assistant to the Dean of Trades, (Former Employee) –  Renton, WANovember 8, 2012
The people and boss was nice and working in a educational eviroment was a little quite.
Pros
working around the construction trades.
Cons
not enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Renton Technical College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2