Renton Technical College Employee Reviews

A good fit for some
Content and Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Renton, WANovember 11, 2017
Renton Technical College is a decade behind when it comes to offering online opportunities. It is a great place to learn if you're willing and able to attend classes on the campus, using their cohort model.

Change is slow and done by committees, which is typical for the education sector. There are many very dedicated people trying to make the learning process extraordinary and the college is a good place for new immigrants to get acclimated to life in the region.
Great people hamstrung by state bureaucracy
Teaching Assistant/Lab Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Renton, WAOctober 13, 2017
The people at RTC are generally delightful. Their biggest problem seems to be the fact that they are so reliant on the state of Washington for a significant portion of their funding. The fact of being a public institution also means a lot of red tape and hoops to jump through. This can be maddening, but then, it happens to a greater or lesser extent at any medium to large organization. They serve a very diverse population, and they are very respectful of different cultures, religions, etc.
Pros
Very nice, smart, competent people
Cons
Unstable funding, lots of red tape
Project based and creative
Instructor, Part-time (Current Employee) –  Renton, WASeptember 2, 2017
Lots of opportunities for professional development; room to be creative and create curriculum; instructors are very helpful to students and work collaboratively
RTC work and learn at the same time
Administrative Assistant, Student Programs (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJuly 17, 2017
Renton Technical College offers many different experiences both as a student and employee. Check them out!!!

working with the Student population can be rewarding in many different ways it allows you to be both creative and administrative in the same environment.
Student Ambassador is a very unique all over campus position
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJune 28, 2017
I enjoyed this position immensely. I was able to work hand in hand with the RTC Foundation and sit in on board meetings. I gave student and family tours of the college, worked with student government, assisted the staff in enrollment services, was asked to speak at a scholarship[ breakfast, traveled the area doing outreach at high schools, festivals, goodwill, and college fairs. This job gave me confidence in my self and my speaking skills, and allowed me to show and share my passion for community college.
repetetive work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJune 16, 2017
It is a work/study program, studying while working hours allowed and experienced for what an office environment and meeting people and learning new work day to day.
Wonderfu
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Renton, WA 98056May 14, 2017
Wonderful place to be when you also went to school here. It was great being able to help my peers and make sure they were getting the help they needed from the staff.
Fun place to work
CAMPUS SAFTY & SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Renton, WAMarch 11, 2017
Work friendly enviroment and equipments are very functional. The possiblity to study for free is great and everyone is happy

Employees are allowed to study entirely free and that is a great thing.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Very large campus
Great Opportunity
Junior Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  Renton, WAMarch 3, 2017
as a student in Renton Technical College I am very grateful to be a student in that school, they made my dreams became true with the knowledge that they provided me, I am very thankful,

thanks RTC.
Pros
Lots of free lunches
Cons
Good care
Friendly environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAOctober 15, 2016
Great workplace to be in. Laid back people with good friendly environment and a lot to learn about work. Excellent employees to work with. Very support group!
Overall job
Financial Aid Clerk (Current Employee) –  Renton, WAAugust 29, 2016
Feel extremely unwanted and know I am a great employee. I have never been at a job where people do not want to see you advance and grow in your career or within the college.
Student success is priority.
ESL Instructor (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAAugust 5, 2016
Good leadership, tools available for teachers, great staff. This is a great supplemental job. Students are respectful and grateful.
Excellent
Graduated 2 year Welding Program (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAMay 27, 2016
Excellent Welding Program

Attended and participated in the Welding Rodeo at Bellingham Technical College where our team of four won first place in the Fire and Ice Event.

Part time Work Study / Shop Maintenance Work at Renton Technical College. Maintenance/Cleanup of shop; preparation of materials for students and cleanup of workstations.

Part time paid Student Senator at Renton Technical College.
Pros
Gained lots of welding knowlege and experience
Great people
it analyst (Current Employee) –  Renton, WANovember 8, 2015
The people are great to work with, always seem happy. There is not the pressure that you see in a lot of companies. Self paced, as long as you are making progress. They are open to new ideas, although sometimes they are hard to implement. The hardest part of the job is that I am only temporary. I enjoy the attitudes of my co-workers, whom make the day go faster.
Pros
I don't have someone breathing down my back to get things done.
Cons
Some days are a little long when I get stuck between two projects.
clinical Practice
Medical Lab Technician (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Renton, WASeptember 30, 2015
I have not had a good experience with Renton Technical college and I am very disappointed in the management and the whole school system.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
No cons
Great Opportunities,great programs.
Sterile Processing Technician program (Former Employee) –  Renton,WashingtonJuly 29, 2015
Learned much here at Renton Technical College.
Kudos to my instructor who guide the class thru
some challenging times and good times,always encouraging
and helpful.
From administrative staff to security,I was very pleased with my time attending here.
Pros
Instructors take time to provide private tutoring and counsel
Good
Weld Shop Work Study (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJuly 1, 2015
I typically worked several hours a day, safely organizing the steel yard, fixing the shop equipment, and cleaning up the shop.
N/a
maintenance (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAMay 16, 2015
I repaired and maintained equipments and prepared something for demo for instructors in workshop. Though the job is dirty, I learned a lot of something new.
Great place to work.
Registration Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAMarch 29, 2015
No promotions due to constant budget cuts from the State of Washington. I did an outstanding job while there. Developed outstanding long term rapports with students.
Cons
Good benefits.
fun work enviroment
Work Study (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAFebruary 26, 2015
had a lot of fun working at renton tech if i was still a student i would still be working there on a typical day i would generally help students with their assignments