Renton Technical College

Renton Technical College Employer Reviews

Great staff! fun place.
Banquet Server/Bartender and Cashier (Former Employee), Renton, WAOctober 27, 2014
Great staff here!, it does have short hours so it is very hard to become full time is the only reason not for 5stars.
students and faculty are great management needs to be revamped badly
Cashiering Coordinator (Former Employee), Renton, WASeptember 18, 2014
Pros: great enviroment, great caring teachers
Cons: not enough encouragement for employees, too much gossip
loved working at the college and everyday experience with diverse cultures is amazing. I learned everyday just how much the faculty cares about the students and how much they are willing to give to make their dreams come true. my most recent boss (Kim Sykes) is one of the most giving and caring person of management on the college campus. she was always willing to go the extra mile to teach me whatever she could. that is one of the most enjoyable parts of my job.
my co workers are awesome some of them have issues and I would not want to be around those types of employees are some are just too negative.
hardest part of the job - way too much gossip and management I(the top dogs) need to get a handle on it. I(it would help a lot if upper management kept their mouth shut to)

its very hard to move up at this company, its almost like if you aren't in with the big dogs it will never happen.

all in all I believe the college is a great place to get an education, but needs help with the upper management and giving more to their employees
Fun workplace, great co-workers
Supervisor- Mark Daniels (Current Employee), Renton, WAJuly 14, 2014
Fast pace, easy going work environment and great co-workers
On college campus and off
Student Ambassador (Former Employee), Renton, WAJune 17, 2014
Pros: i meet a lot of great people. kind and really educated people..
Cons: never the same people.
I would be responsible to take the school's car, get it checked out and in at a certain time. I would use transport to visit local college or hospitals promoting higher education in the college fair of events.
Great place to sharpen your skills!
Part Time Medical Terminology Instructor (Former Employee), Renton, WAFebruary 11, 2014
As a part time instructor at Renton, I had the ability to work my full time job, and teach. This was also true for my students who were also able to sharpen their skills while still working fill time. The most challenging part of my job was creating the curriculum from the bottom up.
Supportive instructors
Medical Secretary Training (Former Employee), Renton, WAOctober 20, 2013
Classes for Medical Secretarial
My instructors were always there when I had questions.
They were also there to encourage me through special projects to show my skills.
The most difficult was being one of the few older students in the class.
Be the oldest member of the class to graduate with honors.
Excellent place to work or get your education
Instructor (Former Employee), Renton, WAApril 14, 2013
Renton Technical College is a top rated school that delivers highly rated programs. Excellent place to work even for short term. I work on a contracts for two separate grants and loved my job. The program offers the best structure for students to become successful not only in their program but also when they enter their field of study.
student intern ship
STUDENT INTERNSHIP (Former Employee), Renton, WAFebruary 13, 2013
it was a productive summer I learned and earned a lot .
gained .500 english credit
1,200 dollars in two months
interned at a couple of trade classes
field trips
paid lunches
Like working in office enviroment.
Office Assistant to the Dean of Trades, (Former Employee), Renton, WANovember 8, 2012
Pros: working around the construction trades.
Cons: not enough hours
The people and boss was nice and working in a educational eviroment was a little quite.
Fun Careers,Good Staff
Renton,wa (Former Employee), Pre-School Teacher Assistant/FloaterNovember 4, 2011
Pros: the knowledge you gain
Cons: traffic
Fun place to work,and helpful staff.Always learning,laughing and yet gathering helpful knowledge,and using it daily.The cleanliness and comforting classrooms,making it easier to focus on work.An atmosphere that is unstressfull,fun and enjoyable to go to on a daily basis.Friendly and helpful people to willingly help you.