RentPath

RentPath United States Employee Reviews

No direction
Market Sales Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 1, 2015
Pros: At the risk of sounding cynical, I cannot think of any pros
Cons: see review
While working for this company, change was a constant. As a sales manager, you learn to live with and adapt to change. At Rentpath however, change never seemed to have rhyme or reason to it. Rarely change made things better. Frequently change negatively impacted relationships with management companies - putting the sales team in a position to pick up the pieces. As a manager, I often needed to address frustrated employees and reassure them the company was doing things for the better, when I didn't believe it myself. Lastly, the one constant that never changed were the ever increasing goals for the sales department with no appreciation for a job well done. Raises did not exist. I was specifically told the company believes selling more is a sales person's raise. I lost one of my best people when a small $2000 a year raise would have made her happy, it was refused. So she quit out of principle.
If OVER 25 yrs old STAY AWAY!
Rent Billing Operations (Former Employee), Norcross / AtlantaMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Money coming in while looking for other opportunities
Cons: Too many to name. Take heed.
I started Rentpath as a contractor in September 2014. I was told by the agency that the company was professional, organized, and there was plenty of opportunities to become permanent.

After the first week I realized I was sold a dream. The culture was so unorganized, unprofessional, and very unprogressive. I was humiliated time and time again by my peers and management was fully aware of this.
I stayed to myself while working there. Ear buds in and mind focused on the money because I knew I would not last in that environment too much longer. I applied for other jobs from 9-6 and would NOT LET UP until I received a job offer. I knew that I was not a good fit for this company nor department.
My managers were both very untrustworthy and one was extremely unprofessional! They were BOTH FIRED! Why? Because they were unprofessional and one thought she was our peer and failed to realize she was in management. I tried my best to diffuse a situation between myself and another young lady there. What did management do? Tried to kick it into HIGH gear and I honestly believe they took my professionalism as a weakness.
The dress code is A MESS. If you have a work wardrobe you will not have a chance to wear it here. No beuno and if you do you will stick out like a sore thumb. If you are used to a “call center” environment, then you would LOVE working here. If you’re not then use this place as a stepping stone and keep applying for other positions.
From what I hear from the perm employees is that you will never make what you are worth. There are a few MBA holders that only make 33k. A waste.
The company doesn't value employees at all
Market Sales Manager (Former Employee), FloridaFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: high pay
Cons: no support, no security, you will be in and out in a year.
The worst company I have ever worked for. They don't care about employee development, have horrible training, and don't provide ongoing development training.
They sooner cut you lose then help you if you are struggling. The upper management in Atlanta is full of MORONS who are micro management fools who don't care about the sales exec's or the MSM's. Employee turnover is 100% a year.
STAY AWAY!!!
Sales Executive (Current Employee), AnonimousFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: nothing at all
Cons: every single thing!!!
RUN!!! You will get a new comp plan every 2 weeks.
Management is HORRIBLE!!!
This Company does NOT care about their employees.

Ask about the drops and the deductions on your commissions that you will face if you do not meet your new client count, specially BAD in California and Texas.

If a property drops their listing you are responsible for making up that revenue on the same month they drop.

If a property wants to upsell to have better placement, you are responsible to make that money up the next month or 2 since they consider that a non-reoccurring revenue.

If a new property wants to start in the on the current calendar month, this company consider that a "Back Bill" since they work a month ahead. You will be responsible to make that money up the next issue.

If you make your revenue target but not your new client count monthly they will deduct your commission check about $2,000
since they "pay" 500 dollars for each new client.

You will have to service, and upsell an average of 60 properties in addition to your New prospects in order to just stay afloat.

Ask what is exact commission percentage for each upsell and renewal for each property, what is their turn over, how often do they change comp plans and how often do they increase their rates.

In closing....No matter how hard you work, you will NEVER make more than 80,000 a year that includes 40k of base salary specially in California and Texas since they have a different com plan from the rest of the country.They will change your comp plan almost every other week, and you will never see an increase on your commissions even if you are above plan.
Happy Hour Fridays
Account Executive-Upgrade Sales (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CASeptember 18, 2014
Pros: happy hour fridays, free lunch meetings
Cons: poor leadership, pay, and management direction
Poor direction from management, poor leadership, great environment with fellow employees
Good Place to work For
Operations Support Specialist (Current Employee), Norcross, GASeptember 10, 2014
Good Place to work for.Good Place to work for.Good Place to work for.Good Place to work for.Good Place to work for.Good Place to work for.Good Place to work for.
Sales Executive
Sales Executive (Former Employee), Ft LauderdaleSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: fast hire and training. can interview while employed.
Cons: high turnover. capped income. no job security.
Expect a lot of driving, cold calls and more driving. They use a GPS tracking system to track stops down to the minute. I made money every month but would strongly recommend as a last resort job. Commissions are capped at six cent for every dollar once you reach goal. The Florida region has seen more turnover than an IHOP. Sales managers only go after easy deals and are sitting at home for the most part. Expect a person in your car once a week analyzing your every word if you don't close a deal.

Apartment Guide products are the more expensive options for managers so it's a hard sell. Management basically trains you to sell fear so managers will buy into products. Stats and reports are not doubt fabricated compared what the on site people experience.
It was like working for your family
APARTMENT GUIDE (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALSeptember 4, 2014
Loved working for this company. Excellent pay and bonus structure. The whole team lived on-site so it was being a part of an extended family.
Multiple job opportunities
Product Support Specialist, Data Analyst (Current Employee), Norcross, GAMay 27, 2014
My department was great; others were very strict. Several types of opportunities available.
Be Careful
ID (Current Employee), NorcrossMarch 10, 2014
Pros: job culture is very causual
Cons: management is not sure of what they want from this role - which can make job securing sketchey.
I held this position. Please beware of management. They are new to supervising and having an ID person on site. Know you need to be a mind reader, as usual in this industry. But you might need to use your ESP. I clashed personalities and became the test subject for this role. Overall, the company is a typical, southern style environment. Good Luck
Rapidly growing internet based advertising firm
Operations Support Team Lead (Current Employee), Norcross, GAJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: growing company
Cons: some positions require that you are on a dialer
RentPath presents many opportunities for entry level applicants to learn and grow in a corporate environment. The departments vary greatly in their culture and rules, but for the most part as long as you perform well, you will succeed here. The company is known for having many younger hires, many of whom are entering the corporate world straight from college. RentPath has provided me with many great learning opportunities and I would recommend this company to anyone that is looking for a way into the corporate world.
Great Atmosphere
Help Desk (Current Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 6, 2013
Pros: great management
Its is a great place to work! Very professional environment. You have to be willing t adapt to change.

RentPath Salaries