RentPath Employee Reviews

Terrible - Consider Yourself Warned! Worst company ever
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  United StatesNovember 23, 2016
This is by far the worst company that I have ever encountered. BE CAREFUL if you are applying to work here. Upper managers are super shady and they don't care at all about employees. The pay is way too low and there is no morale. Stay far away if you see a job posting, the turnover is constant. Very few people are happy and most are looking for new jobs because you will quit or get fired. This is not a real sales job, closing deals has nothing to do with sales talent. If you take clients out for drinks then you will close deals or if you have friends in property management then you will close sales but it also depends on the cards you are dealt. They favor people that are intellectually challenged which is embarrassing for a company (they should be so ashamed). If you like working with extreme drama, unfair practices, very low pay, fear, dishonesty, a revolving door, lack of appreciation, poor management, and selfish employees, then this is definitely the job for you. Good luck with this one. It would be in your best interest to keep looking elsewhere. You will only be kicking yourself if you actually get hired here.
Pros
Work from home, other than that there are no other pros
Cons
Everything! This company is very unprofessional, they should really think more about the turnover and WHY it's so bad
Employees are not valued
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 30, 2016
Of course your initial interaction w/the front line is great but wait until you get your feet wet, you'll see the truth if you have discernment

In some cases the right people do not get promoted

Not grooming people in advance causes the wrong people to be in leadership roles

Some managers favor certain employees and they make it so obvious

There's a lack of communication - so many people in management seek to be understood but they don't seek to understand

The company is on CEO #3 within 1 year (which is alarming)

I've been w/the company for 3 yrs and noticed certain people have been in temporary roles for 2yrs or more :/

The unfortunate mindset is that people are replaceable or disposable

The leaders are sales driven and extremely focused on beating their competitor but they're not focused on improving the the quality of the culture/the wellness of the employees, providing raises, bonuses (for everyone not just for Senior Management) - Too much focus on the tasks and not the individuals

Set up the employees for success; offer various training throughout the company not just for Sales Reps

Retrain your managers because some of them have no morals, they don't value employees, nor do they understand how to manage people (or get rid of them and groom people who are teachable and will get the job done)

Some management take care of their employees, others don't, but all and all the Decision Makers need to reset the tone because some great talent left the company (including the CEO of the latter part of 2015)

Take care of your employees and they
  more... will take care of you!  less
Pros
There are some decent people that work for the company
Cons
Egocentric Leaders, Benefits, Disloyal Managers who display a lack of empathy, Management turns a blind eye to discrimination, High Turn-Over, Not much room for advancement, leaders are driven by sales, beating competitors & revenue but there's a lack of interest in the wellness of the employees, in essence there's so much more to say but is anyone listening?
Great People, Great Atmosphere
Business Process Engineer - IT Department (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 12, 2016
If it was not for the decision to eliminate positions, I would have worked at RentPath for the remainder of my career. The people and mid level management are caring and thoughtful regarding the work you do and helping you succeed.
Pros
Flexible Hours, WFH
Cons
Sick day benefits
Summary
Commercial Collector (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 15, 2016
I really Like my company. they give you an opportunity to do your best the commute is a little hectic at times. my typical Day starts with checking Cash on all accounts and contacting Clients in my three regional areas
Professional and Supportive Group
Apartment Guide and Rent.com (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 14, 2016
Attended monthly billing meetings to discuss non pay concerns and develop an effective strategy for payment. Successfully monitored and maintained 10 assigned territories on a daily basis.
Growth Opportunity
Director of Operations Support (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAFebruary 23, 2016
Management was amazing, offered growth opportunity. Acquired many management skills during my tenure at RentPath. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fast pace environment and working with great mentors.
Good Company
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 31, 2016
Nice work life balance, and this company offers great benefits to its full time employees. The staff is very willing to help including management.
A good, steady job and company
Concierge Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 27, 2016
RentPath is a solid company with a good vision and good people. The work you do here is steady, solid and easy to complete and you're compensated generously for it.

This is they type of company where you can get your work done at the office and not have to bring it home with you. The only negative thing would be that the management is sometimes out of tune with their department but overall this is a common occurrence in only a few select departments.
Well organized, fair, expectations clear
Graphic Artist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 20, 2015
I worked as a contractor with Quest on a large project. The work was reasonable and the employer was fair and well organized. During the time I worked there, the project moved from Norcross to Buckhead. They handled to move smoothly and work continued without a break.
Pros
Nice work space in high rise buildings
Cons
Many colleagues were let go and simply disappeared
Heavy Workload, but pleasant at times.
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  United StatesAugust 31, 2015
This job requires a lot of preparation and planning, but as long as you follow the plan it'll bring you decent results. If you like working a lot this is the job for you. This job gives you the opportunity to explore an industry that's constantly growing while working for people who love their job and their industry. Company provides a great support team that helps equip you with the information you need to make the sale or save business. Great people, great company, but the work outweighs the compensation despite the comfortable living you may receive.
Pros
Lots of networking events and social gatherings. Freedom of making your own schedule.
Cons
More work than pay, hard to increase pay check.
They have a high turn over of employees
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas NVJune 29, 2015
Though they have a great product their customer and employee relations are poor. They do not deliver the big picture in their direction. They are all over the board and it makes it seem like they really don't know what they are doing. It's embarrassing. I think they will get there someday but they need to lower pricing.
Pros
The work from home program
Cons
Management style
X
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAJune 17, 2015
The company does not promote sales people. It is very difficult to see a future with the company. The goals are set high and are unattainable
Pros
Good place to get by until something promising comes along
Cons
Healthcare
Good location near a lake, and lotsof greenery
Concierge/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJune 4, 2015
A typical day for me, was to come in early get situated and plan how I was going to execute my day. I would interact with my coworkers to see how their morning is going and talk with my manager about the days strategy. The hardest part of my day, there is never a hard part. I try to use excellent time management skills throughout the day going from emails to servicing my field Sales Executives. What I enjoyed most was talking on the phone and resolving my customers issues, providing them with a sound sense that their issues was resolved in a timely manner.
Pros
Good job, very easy to accomplish daily goals
Cons
work atmosphere was a bit unprofessional
Horrible place with no room for advancement
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAMay 29, 2015
This company primary jobs are sales. There is 100% turnover. If management likes you then you will get a promotion. The department I work in there is no room for advancement and they babysit you. You are not allowed to stay in the department without a manager. My manager is a micromanager and doesn't allow you to make any decisions. He also stifles your growth not teaching you anything new. This is the worst company I have ever worked for.
Milking Sales Executive's DRY
Sales Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAMay 1, 2015
I've sold more than twice as hard this year and never saw my paycheck grow appropriately. And certain events have taken place in the last 45 days, and have affected me directly this has shaken my faith and trust in the executive leadership of this company.
Company that cares about their employees
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAApril 27, 2015
I really enjoyed the company and how approachable management was. In all of my work experience I have never have had management be so approachable, from the direct floor supervisor all of the way up to the CEO, you can just about walk up to any of them and express your mind and feel as if you are on an equal level to them even though they may make 10 times what you make. Some management I've heard can be tough to work with due to a lack of experience managing, but in all of my experience it has been nothing but great people to work with.
Pros
Employee appreciation activities and initiatives, Approachable management and executives
Cons
Some mismanagement due to experience.
Motivating
Billing and Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAApril 8, 2015
Company has great employees and management. Team player. The interaction between co workers is motivating. You can work at your own pace and someone is always willing to assist if needed.
No direction
Market Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 1, 2015
While working for this company, change was a constant. As a sales manager, you learn to live with and adapt to change. At Rentpath however, change never seemed to have rhyme or reason to it. Rarely change made things better. Frequently change negatively impacted relationships with management companies - putting the sales team in a position to pick up the pieces. As a manager, I often needed to address frustrated employees and reassure them the company was doing things for the better, when I didn't believe it myself. Lastly, the one constant that never changed were the ever increasing goals for the sales department with no appreciation for a job well done. Raises did not exist. I was specifically told the company believes selling more is a sales person's raise. I lost one of my best people when a small $2000 a year raise would have made her happy, it was refused. So she quit out of principle.
Pros
At the risk of sounding cynical, I cannot think of any pros
Cons
see review
If OVER 25 yrs old STAY AWAY!
Rent Billing Operations (Former Employee) –  Norcross / AtlantaMarch 25, 2015
I started Rentpath as a contractor in September 2014. I was told by the agency that the company was professional, organized, and there was plenty of opportunities to become permanent.

After the first week I realized I was sold a dream. The culture was so unorganized, unprofessional, and very unprogressive. I was humiliated time and time again by my peers and management was fully aware of this.
I stayed to myself while working there. Ear buds in and mind focused on the money because I knew I would not last in that environment too much longer. I applied for other jobs from 9-6 and would NOT LET UP until I received a job offer. I knew that I was not a good fit for this company nor department.
My managers were both very untrustworthy and one was extremely unprofessional! They were BOTH FIRED! Why? Because they were unprofessional and one thought she was our peer and failed to realize she was in management. I tried my best to diffuse a situation between myself and another young lady there. What did management do? Tried to kick it into HIGH gear and I honestly believe they took my professionalism as a weakness.
The dress code is A MESS. If you have a work wardrobe you will not have a chance to wear it here. No beuno and if you do you will stick out like a sore thumb. If you are used to a “call center” environment, then you would LOVE working here. If you’re not then use this place as a stepping stone and keep applying for other positions.
From what I hear from the perm employees is that you will never make what you are worth. There are a few MBA holders that only make 33k.
  more... A waste.  less
Pros
Money coming in while looking for other opportunities
Cons
Too many to name. Take heed.
The company doesn't value employees at all
Market Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 26, 2015
The worst company I have ever worked for. They don't care about employee development, have horrible training, and don't provide ongoing development training.
They sooner cut you lose then help you if you are struggling. The upper management in Atlanta is full of MORONS who are micro management fools who don't care about the sales exec's or the MSM's. Employee turnover is 100% a year.
Pros
High pay
Cons
No support, no security, you will be in and out in a year.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RentPath. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9