Renzenberger Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Informative
Road Auditor (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSAugust 12, 2016
A typical day was full of challenges. Most areas went very smoothly,however, I enjoyed working on solutions in areas where where there were problems. I.E. drivers not being available or having drivers but no vehicles.

The management was very hands on. This had it's pros and cons. Sometimes it is beneficial to have someone of authority to make policy based decisions.

all of the people I worked with were generally friendly and helpful. some I formed long term friendships with that continue today. The hardest part of the job was working the 12 hour shift. After half way through the fourth day it started to be mentally draining.

The part I enjoyed most was being involved in solving problems and analyzing work flow.
Pros
Free coffee and good peopple
Cons
12 hour shifts
Poor work place
Driver (Former Employee) –  La Junta, COFebruary 10, 2016
This job had extremely poor hours with very little benefits. they wold call you at any time day or night and in my experience every time you were supposed to have the day off they would call you in.
Pros
Travel
It Was Fun Driving if u love to drive
Long Haul Driver (Former Employee) –  Dunsmuir, CAFebruary 9, 2016
Drive From 4-8 hours aday. Management was Great. Hardest thing about the job was driving long hours at all times of the day
Best suited for singles w/ flexible hours and willing to work overtime.
Contractor Driver (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 4, 2016
The average work day is 8 hours with random 12 to 15 hour work days depending on availability and route you are working that day.

Picking up railroad workers from one location and then delivering them to another, or to a hotel, or to a local train depot. Traveling from city to city in and out of state constantly. No consistency with daily work schedule hours.

Not recommended for anyone with kids, a single parent, or who is in need of a constant and steady work week schedule.
Pros
Lots of travel and work alone
Cons
Long hours on the road, broken sleep schedule
Over the Road Driver (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSFebruary 7, 2016
Company does not respect your personal life. They only care about their business. Do not have a personal life if you work for this company. They expect you to be on call 24/7. Pay is VERY LOW. No incentives. Moral is low. Work for this company only if you are bored by sitting around and you really don't need the money.
Cons
No personal life / Very low wages / Management doesn't care about you
The worst job ever, it don't deserve any stars ☹️
Road Driver (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 28, 2016
This company is a ripoff
Don't care about the drivers safety at all
The pay is HORRIBLE
I once waited 6 hours for a crew that was already gone
Because they called me after they sent someone else earlier I never did get paid for it
and this happened often
If you like being missable, making low pay, being watched every time you get in the driver seat not that I had anything to hide just making a point and being treated like your nobody go ahead and work for them.
Pros
Non
Cons
All of it
Do not waste your time worth this company
Driver (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 20, 2016
I have been a driver with this company for almost a year. Regional manager is a bully and couldn't care less about the employees. The vehicles we drive stink, because the seats are cloth and have never been cleaned. Imagine 250k miles worth of sweat and dirt in the seats. On top of the vehicles never getting tune ups, it just isn't worth it. I had to pay 59.00 of my own money to pay for fuel because the company gas card didn't work. I have been waiting 10 months already and still have not been reimbursed. Overtime is only given to certain drivers. I am in the process of taking the company to court for discrimination. You are on call 24 hours a day 7 days a week. You cannot have any kind of social life while you work for this company because you can't make plans since you are always on call. I can go on and on why this company sucks. Take my word for it, you would make more money at McDonald's and you would be alot happier. This company only cares about making money they DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE EMPLOYEES. The vehicles are unsafe and not road worthy. The Regional manager knew the vehicles had a bed bug problem and hid it from the employees and lied about getting the vehicles treated professionally. I was bitten numerous times and was blown off by management.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, unsafe vehicles, BAD MANAGEMENT, unfair pay
we had the worst trainer in the world. He was lazy and unemployment. work for retirees and students if you like people and driving
Driver (Current Employee) –  Richmond, CANovember 24, 2015
We an incompetent former supervisor/trainer. He gave us incomplete, often incorrect information. And what made it worse, some crew and terminal managers expect us to know everything they do, except we hadnt been properly trained on yard lingo or operations. So it can be a challenge to navigate especially at night, around the huge rail yard.

But I do perceive that renzenberger is trying to offer some degree of support for Yard drivers, but during a typical week our vans remain in a state of partial repair. Having been a professional driver for three decades, this makes me a little uncomfortable when I have travel the crowded bay area freeways. I really don't mind working here, but there's also a lot of work to be done.
Pros
easy work for retirees and students if you like people and driving
Cons
No benefits, cranky uncoordinated rail terminal mangers, low pay
Most of the employees complaind about the hours and the pay.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 10, 2015
The work was long and I spent to much time away from my family. I also have a commitment to my faith and it was difficult to attend my meetings at times. I learned a lot about the area that I live in and had some very nervous nights waiting for trains to arrive. My co workers were helpful and good to work with. They were the reason that I did not resign earlier. I like driving and limited time away from the grind that is present when you are locked up in an office and tied to a computer terminal. My relationship with management was good and when I needed time off for a medical problem(because I did not feel I could perform in a safe manner and I informed management of the problem), I was allowed to return to my position that I had before I went out with the illness.
Pros
I enjoyed the freedom of not being cooped up in an office and the companionship with my co wokers.
Cons
Low pay, oncall hours and not being able to have a family life and to get enough rest.
Hours are not guaranteed
Driver (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJuly 18, 2016
Not knowing when getting called into work is a HUGE downfall, Cannot have any type of personal life. Swapping with other people is a headache. getting a raise is questionable and is not automatic. management is not reliable.
Pros
Get to see the areas
Cons
not guaranteed 40hr week and have to share the van with multiple people, co workers unreliable, management unreliable
management does what they want and corporate turns a blind eye.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 30, 2016
i love my job i enjoy being at work. the reason i am leaving is because management is horrabile .HORRIBLYE. they do what they want and if they dont like you you get a titel and you are a problem child
Pros
the crews that i drive.
Cons
Management, salarey
worst ever
Yard Driver (Former Employee) –  Gary, INFebruary 8, 2016
Super poor management, no up keep on vehicles no appreciation for employees, and you have to give up hours of free time when you are a road drive waiting and waiting for trips
Pros
use of company van
Cons
giving up free time
its a hobby not a job
Driver (Current Employee) –  usaJuly 8, 2016
If you enjoy long drives and attending to trains being on call 24 hours a day for little pay then you will love this job! it is not dependable so you cannot pay your rent or feed a family. this job is only for people who already have someone else who earns the real money.
Pros
fun travel
Cons
no money
Productive place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSApril 28, 2016
Can be fun, but very fast pace and stressful with incoming calls and making calls for drivers to pick up railroad crews from where train docks to let crew off and fresh crew to take off.
Pros
sometimes free donuts ; 3-12 hour shift one week and 4-12 hours next week
Cons
Healthcare prices, no lunch schedule 3-20 minute breaks
Chaos
Road Driver (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 7, 2015
On call 24/7 but You ONLY get PAID for drive time. What I learned? Management NEEDS some kind education in said field. I avoid co-workers. At first they seemed OK but, recent hires are like prison inmates ( I used to work in prison )... not too bright. Hardest part of the JOB is MOST RUNS are at NIGHT --- no compensation for that. EXPECTED to have cell phone... NO consideration for that either. Communication within the Co. = Poor
Pros
It's a JOB !
Cons
Poor wages... no consideration by management.
This is a company to work for if you are inbetween jobs.
ROAD DRIVER (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAAugust 24, 2016
This job is on call 24 hour a day. I learned alot about driving safeties, I got along really well with my supervisor, I worked well with my coworkers.
Pros
non
Cons
lose out on alot of sleep
worst job ever
Road Driver (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJuly 1, 2016
uppers where trash very shady people and union never did nothing for drivers write uop for getting vans stuck in place crews nedded to go but they diffident care
Pros
site seeing
Cons
no life on call
Fun job
Crew Driver (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAMay 18, 2016
I enjoyed the job but some of the company rules where hard to keep.

Like you were never allowed to back the van up with the crew in the van. But if it was raining and you had to back up the crew wouldn't get out of the van, so I would get into trouble for this.
If you like to drive, great job.
Shuttle Van Driver (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXJuly 9, 2016
Very low stress job, safety first. Good people to work with and fair with employees. Job is to transport railroad employees to and from work safely.
Fun place to work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Haslet, TXMay 13, 2016
I have worked at Renzenberger for 2 1/2 years and overall it has been an interesting job and I've met quite a few interesting people.
Pros
A job driving full size vans that isn't hard to do
Cons
No lunch break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Renzenberger Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7