Renzenberger

Renzenberger Employee Reviews

Renzenberger is contracted by the NorfolkSouthernRailRoad.
Driver (Current Employee), Sandusky, OHMay 8, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Management asking me to drive on my only off day.
When I'm dispatched out for a trip there are times where my dispatchers will give myself and another driver the same trip, yet only one driver can get the trip,the other only gets 2 hours pay + the trip home.
was a driving position
Driver (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSApril 22, 2015
Pros: on call
Cons: job availability
a pleasant employer with many safety regulations...ensuring passengers safety first...immediate supervisor was an extremely pleasant man, who I enjoyed immensely .
Very reponsible job tasks
Van Driver (Former Employee), El Centro, CAApril 7, 2015
Pros: Free water
Cons: Some rude employees
I would pick up a crew and take them from point A to Point B. If they needed ice and water I went and got them that and made sure they had everything they need for the day.
A good place to work if you're retired
Site Supervisor (Current Employee), Beaumont, TXApril 1, 2015
My duties was to be on call for 24 hours a day managing about 20- 25 employee's, answers phone calls thoughout the day and night.
Review
Road Driver (Current Employee), Fort Dodge, IAMarch 15, 2015
I enjoy working for the company. My supervisor is awesome and works well with me. The other drivers are also cooperative and follow the rules well making working with them easier.
Very good place to work
Driver (Former Employee), Stockton, CAMarch 13, 2015
Pros: a lot of travels
Cons: good
I enjoyed working transporting union Pacif rail and bnsf crews all around California was a very good working experience
Cons: everthing
Road driver: on call 6days a week one day off a week LOW pay for what they expect. HIGH DRIVER TURN-OVER. NO PERSONAL LIFE...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Cons: everthing
I am suprised companys like this are allowed to even be in business for puting so many people in so much danger for such little real pay.
road driver out of stevens point (Former Employee), stevens pointMarch 6, 2015
Pros: pleasant drives, nice scenery
Cons: lousy pay, very danderous for the amount of money you're paid.
Low pay-- to many no paid hours--very dangerous on the hiways with other motorists driving very badly -- not worth the money they are willing to pay for how dangerous the job really is.Sooner than later someone is going to be killed for this low wage and benefit package offered. Drivers should be payed at 15.oo per hour starting wage for compensation for how dangerous to your life this job really is! Crazy drivers out there you are up against for a lousy 9.25 per hour. and little benefits worth a dam.This company should be put out of business for employee abuse by low pay per risk of job! I had a nice yard manager, previous comment are true! This is what America has turned into! be ashamed! be very ashamed!
Over all like the job but the long hours ended up being problematic
Cab Driver (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSMarch 6, 2015
Transport crew member to and from station and to the trains. I learned Ohio and Pennsylvania roads. The hardest part of the job was the long hours.I enjoyed the variety that came with the job.
Worst job ive ever had
Road Driver (Current Employee), Galesburg, ILFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: its a paycheck, and get to travel and see scenery...
Cons: everything imaginable not mentioned in pros
By far the WORST job ive ever had... A typical day at work involves being woke up out of bed by phone call at every hour of the day, to have to drive to the office, get in a company vehicle, then be at the railroad office all with in 40 minutes of your phone call. All to drive anywhere from 20 miles to 550 miles you dont know really til your at work and your way.
You are on call 6 days a week 24 hours a day. and cant refuse a call for any reason with out getting wrote up, even if the reason is simply that you are to tired to safely be on the road and drive.
Once you get to work, you wait for railroad crews who more often then not, are arrogant and wont hardly speak to you... Sometimes talking down to you, yelling at you, and throwing garbage all over the van that you are later responsible for picking up.
Every single paycheck they rip you off a little here and there, all the while sometimes forcing you to break dot saftey laws about the amount of time you can legally drive in one shift with out rest. In which if you get caught is I believe a $1500 fine to you.
You constantly have a camera in your face that goes off and records you for things like hitting potholes, if you have so much as a drink in your hand you get wrote up.

Management is a joke, half the time they wont answer thier phones, when you need them to. Then most of the time that they do they answer your question then hang up on you befor you can ask anything else.
They are extremely unprofessional as they will just tell everyone about disiplanary actions they have taken on employees.
If they dont like you, ive seen – more... them fire people for hitting deer. When you drive in the middle of no where averaging over 1500 miles a week its bound to happen.
After 8 months with this company I asked to change my one day off a week from a monday to anything, the answer was not a chance.

As far as coworkers go, you dont really have that much time to interact and meet them.

Hardest part of the job, staying awake at the wheel with no sleep, and peoples lives in your hands!!! – less
Driver/transportation (Current Employee), Lenexa, KSFebruary 12, 2015
A typical day at work is long for little pay,, I see different city that I never heard off before. my co worker is good and so is management
Not too bad
Van Driver/Crew Hauler (Current Employee), Denver, COJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: company vehicle
Cons: terrible hours, not so great management
Renzenberger is not a terrible company to work for, however, it certainly leaves something to be desired. The employees in the yard are generally nice, but there are some that believe that the rules do not apply to them, and because the management "team" doesn't really come into the yard, I suppose that would be true. The railroad employees are really very awesome and I have grown to be rather fond of some of them. Now, as for the road drivers, there is no balancing a family life with this position. You are constantly on call and can be gone for anywhere between 2 and 15 hours. The compensation is much better on the road than the yard, but it leaves very little time for anything else.
Horrible company to work for
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee), Midland, TXDecember 31, 2014
This company was poorly managed, poorly coordinated in regards to personnel management, employee retention and payroll.
fun and easy work place.
Driver (Current Employee), Bedford Park, ILDecember 28, 2014
Sit in a van driving railroad workers from one location to another.
The worst job of my life
Yard driver (Current Employee), Camden, NJDecember 23, 2014
Pros: travel to many different places and meet many different people.
Cons: everything, except the some of the railroad workers we shuttle around.
Management would be better if the company was run by monkeys. Essam Nassife is a regional manager of New Jersey, he barely speaks and understands English, he is rude,and dishonest. I have been waiting for a month to be paid for time I was shorted because he won't pay overtime. I sent in proof of the time shortage 3 times and still I have not received any pay. The vehicles are not safe for the amount of driving we do and he refuses to replace them. A quote from the shop owner that services the vans..."I am only allowed to repair the vans well enough to make sure they run. I know that they are hazardous but it is outside of my authority to restore them to 100% working order. I can only fix what they are willing to pay for. "
Short time there
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSDecember 22, 2014
While my time there was short and the work was hard and very demanding you were never alone. Team work was a major goal in making the office work, because with out it the company would not make it.
Dispatch drivers to pick up location
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSDecember 9, 2014
Pros: it will keep u busy
Cons: no days off
this wasn't a bad place to work at all. High call volume .. . . . . . ..
van driver (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSNovember 30, 2014
...not a good job too work for they dont pay like they post too

1 2 3 4 5

About Renzenberger

Peterson Manufacturing is full of bright ideas. Although it controls 10 diversified business units, the company is primarily a – Read more

Renzenberger Salaries