Repsol Employee Reviews

Its DNA is downstream, still on learning curve for E&P...
Manager (Former Employee) –  MadridApril 18, 2017
Its DNA is downstream, still on learning curve for E&P... Had a bad deal buyingTalysman, making life even worst at an already complicated scenario of low oil price. Terrible compulsory retirement for experienced people, really stupid decision on all aspects.
Si
atencion al cliente (Former Employee) –  Atencion al clienteFebruary 14, 2017
Hola buenas tardes es trabajar saber como atender a los clientes atender bien a los clientes
Pros
Si
Cons
Culturally diverse company, rewards good performance.
Senior Advisor (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXFebruary 9, 2017
see www.repsol.com. Diverse company, global perspective. Good benefits provided. Interested in its employees. Continually improving work/life balance.
Good company until bought Talisman Energy during downturn of oil prices
Global Fluids / Cementing Advisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 6, 2016
Typical duties were review of drilling operations, planning of well construction projects, authoring drilling standards, HSE and Waste Management standards, Supply Chain RFQs-preparing and reviewing, and providing technical support business unit drilling groups. Drilling co-workers were great with daily drilling operations as being the most enjoyable part of the job.Hardest part of the job was promoting the Global Drilling Group's value to the Drilling Groups. Since the Talisman Energy merger in 2015, the management has been constantly changing - downsizing, people losing jobs, redefining groups, etc. My job was eliminated as part of that process.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
Current culture is difficult to work in
Private company with partial Spain government control
Geological Operations Advisor (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJuly 8, 2016
Opportunity to acquire technical skills
Technical Training: courses and conferences
Bilingual Company - English & Spanish
Interesting Exploration & Development assets
Pros
Nice Working Atmosphere
Cons
Operations procedures & policies
Very Productive and Competitive Company
HSEQ Tech (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMay 15, 2016
I had plenty of opportunity to further my education and training. I gained a lot of job and industry experience while working at Repsol.
I saw myself retiring from Repsol.
Exploration Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXApril 22, 2016
I enjoyed working at Repsol. I made exceptional changes in the savings in the Exploration departments and loved working with my peers. I definitely saw myself retiring from a company like Repsol and hope that things happen for a reason. I am sure to find something just as wonderful where I can apply my abilities and skills in.
Pros
My bilingual skills were very effective in this company.
Cons
The company is European and being in the US can be difficult with corporate laws.
ok company
Alaska Project Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 19, 2016
Ok company, so so management. Alright benefits. Oil price dependent. Didn't manage local office well. Would think twice before work with them again.
Pros
pay was good
Cons
management made miss-steps
Great People,Good Company to work for, it is just a bad time for this industry
System Application Product Administrator (SAP) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 4, 2016
This was the best job I ever had, I loved the people, upper management were great to employees, flex schedules available.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
some managers need more training
Productive and smart people
Natural Gas Trading Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 20, 2016
Repsol has very flexible hours, and a lot of great people. Our team works very well together. It is very fast paced, and I enjoy it.
Repsol Experience
Local Information Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Woodlands, TXFebruary 12, 2016
Great people to work with. Enjoyed collaborating with the business lines on various projects and initiatives. I got a chance to travel to Madrid Spain for training . I enjoyed learning about the Spanish culture.
Corporate Slavery
Analyst (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXFebruary 8, 2016
Very rough environment to be around. The Madrid office controlled everything and made it extremely difficult to get anything done or approved. Very seldom were local employees promoted from within and the amount of constant crisis made every day life a bit difficult to bear. Deadlines are unrealistic as well as the amount of rework done due to lack of effective and efficient processes.
Pros
salary and benefits
Cons
lack of career advancement; unrespectful management; top heavy
Wonderful Work/Life Balance and Compensation
Accounts Payable Analyst (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJanuary 31, 2016
Option to work 9/80 schedule.
Pleasant work atmosphere.
Co-Workers were helpful and friendly.
The hardest part of the job was lack of managerial support when issues arose because of cultural obstacles (corporate office was overseas).
The most enjoyable part of the job was the work schedule and bonus compensation.
Pros
9/80 Schedule and Bonuses
Cons
Culturally challenging.
Challenging fun place to work
Sr. Designer REPSOL (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 22, 2015
My Daily duties included but not limited to.
Producing detailed design packages & checking of others packages,
keeping CadWorx Piping Specs updated.
Pros
So much work that the day went by very fast
Cons
No time to take breaks
Monday Tuesday
Senior E&P (Former Employee) –  Tripoli, IADecember 4, 2015
Geology Supervisor in 19 oil fields
High work experience, many valuable experiences, many friendships, suitable and convenient working conditions.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
free breakfast, and free health insurance
Incredible experience
Trainee - Master's Program (Former Employee) –  Madrid, MDAugust 2, 2015
Its a worldwide presence company, with the highest standards of job quality and team work, excellent working environment and the best coworkers you will find in the industry. The level of the management is one of the finest i have seen and they are really aware of safeness and being environmentally friendly
Pros
Work enviroment
Cons
Great out door activities during work hours
Administrator Assistant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMarch 26, 2015
They feed there employees very well with a great host of benefits.
There are great places around the building to enjoy healthy wholesome lunches.
Best growing business with ideal development potential
Geophysics Advisor (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXFebruary 18, 2015
Repsol is super compact and highly growing into US industry. All employees if settle down handle more than 5 people duty comparing to other majors.

Management personal are strong and effiency like US Marine. We get thing done. We don't waste time and we done waste resources.If you are strong, you can servive and you can develop bright future in the company since there are too many things to take care which we never have enough good/skilled people.

All works are challenging. I enjoy working with this environment since everything is touch. You are creative and innovassive and you can create muracles.

We love to work we finght for limited resource and we achieve outstanding at the end. Our drilling record never lie. We partner know who we are and they know after running through one joint project where to find right solutions. - Go Repsol (even on their operatorship)

The work is intensified. But we have 5-80 schedule. With our advance IT setup, we still can enjoy long weekend very other week without worry about work, since our system(Software and system associated) is truthworthy, reliable and powerful.

To get yourself into management dicision - simple - learn Spanish!
Pros
Bring Value is easy if you have skills
Cons
If you are weak and junior, you need to fight to learn, Too many meetings.
Fun workplace, good work team
Junior Process Control Engineer (Former Employee) –  Madrid, MDJanuary 8, 2015
Great workplace.
Able to learn and improve engineering and analysis skills.
Good co-workers.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Salary
Head quarters very well located in the marvelous town of Madrid
Reservoir Engineer EOR Specialist (Current Employee) –  Madrid, MDJanuary 7, 2015
Nice company with various job opportunities at international level. The location and the management are specially apreciated and the diversity of people profiles and origins as well.