Republic Airways Employee Reviews

Each Day is Different
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 7, 2017
Each day is a different experience. Some days are long and exhausting. You have to be prepared for changes in your schedule. It keeps you physically fit.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Schedule
I learned a lot about the process of purchasing in the airline industry....
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Indianaplois,March 29, 2017
I learned a lot about the process of purchasing in the airline industry....Researching vendors in order to find the most competitive pricing and availabilty.
Pros
Flying Benifits
Cons
Stressful
Was a solid place while I was there
Sheetmetal Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 17, 2017
Nothing to horrible or great to say, worked a ton of overtime and had steady work for the 3.5 years I was there. Great group of core mechs and structures guys and gals. Management could get top heavy but the floor ran pretty smooth.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Overtime, merger of Frontier and Midwest
Amazing company, Great family
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 7, 2017
Republic was a company I was truly thankful to have worked for. The staff overall was caring, and friendly, and giving. I met some amazing people through this company, and still have contacts within the company and the industry as a whole.
Work life ballance
Licensed A&P Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 4, 2017
For the majority only offers 3rd shift work and is hard for work life balance. Top out of 3 weeks vacation. Company doesn't value their maintenance workforce. Also pays well below industry standards.
Pros
Offers 401k retirement up 3% matched, healthcare.
Cons
3rd shift, lower compensation than industry standards
Regional First Officer
First Officer Chautauqua EMB (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 1, 2017
The culture has been better for pilots since we signed the new contract. We still don't have enough schedule flexibility and not enough off days but I assume its the same at all regionals
Very Fast Paced Environment
Material Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 17, 2016
Never a dull moment, always on the move.. There is always something that be done, whether it be moving parts to different warehouses, by air or ground. Co-workers all work together when it comes to deadlines. Hardest part is trying to multi-tasking, which comes as a natural to me... You have to be able to think on your feet and keep track of everything at once!
Pros
All the free traveling that I have been able to do with different airlines across the globe
Station Support
Station Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 16, 2016
Company is currently in bankruptcy. Management has problem on which direction to go. Raise are very minimal. there is a buddy system here and if you are not part of it then you will be left behind.
Easy going work place
Mechanic Line Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 11, 2016
Base closed after 7.5 years work here. Would have stayed until retirement. Lots of free time, not a busy place at all. Could work on personal projects all of the time. Lots of "down" time.
Pros
Airline travel privilage
Cons
Assistant manager with no clue on how to handle younger work force.
bad management no security
Materials Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 28, 2016
Management is a joke, Supervisor's hold the Material department together, while Manager hoards self in office all day and only appears when its time to discipline you over something you have asked for help on yet had to fend on your own for. No training and teaching, when hired you are tossed on to night shift with no direction or training. Management strips Supervisors of all authority, and will not let them manage their own shifts.

Job stability is null, company in bankruptcy and always cutting back the staffing, then turning around and saying there will be no more just to cut more people again.
great place to work
Receiving Inspector (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 23, 2016
Wonderful group of people to work with. I inspect parts for aircraft daily and make sure that all is in order. The management team is very helpful.
excellent career kickoff
Aircraft Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 20, 2016
great place to start out any aviation career, good people to work with very family friendly great travel benefits understanding managers with great people skills and excellent customer satisfaction
Good Start for Heavy aircraft experience
Airframe & Powerplant Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 13, 2016
Good start to learn the airline maintenance life. Some great CO-Workers. Some frustrating management decisions. Seniority based advancement and shift bid meant very low skill and experiences levels on the undesirable shifts like nights and weekends. Horrible inadequacy in computer management system and PC servers.
Decent People, Terrible Leadership
Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 8, 2016
Despite many promises to change company culture, Republic Airways fails to support its employees in meaningful ways. Employees at all levels fear repercussion from management too much to do their jobs well. Company takes more than it gives. Lots of lip service, few examples of tangible support or employee recognition. This place will suck you dry. Could be a good stepping stone career, constant turn-over creates several opportunities for advancement if you know the right people.
Previous Employee
Materials Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 7, 2016
Great people to work with but poor management and communication
pay was okay 401k ok the down side is there are too many chief that gives boss people around and when and if somethings goes wrong its on the materials.
Pros
very laid back job
Cons
POOR management
Horrible management but good people to work with
Aircraft Line Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 3, 2016
They give you the most amount work possible and expect the impossible to get it done in the certain amount of time. I would not recommend working here unless you live here in the Columbus area. I relocated from Florida to come work here and it has not been any of what was promised. They are currently laying off hundreds of employees after lying to us that our jobs were not in jeopardy.
Pros
Good and funny mechanics
Cons
Horrible pay and bad managers and supervisors
Don't even waste your time.
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 11, 2016
Been at Republic a little over a year and I'm STILL on reserve. Crew Scheduling does not care about reserves at all, they constantly try to screw you over, break your contract if you let them, and overwork you. Reserve is the worst part about this job, you won't have a life. It's mentally & physically draining. In training they tell you to give it 5 months and you'll have a line, YEAH RIGHT. There's people who have been here two years and are still on reserve. Also the pay is the lowest in the industry. Expect to make about $1,500 a month on reserve (and that's if you actually get trips). Flight benefits are okay however we rank very low on the standby list, and trying to non rev is a job in itself. Plus we no longer get buddy passes. Good place to start your career, I guess. People get comfortable and stay at this airline for years and end up miserable. Don't do it.
Pros
Flight benefits, some nice overnights
Cons
Almost everything
throwing boxes
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 8, 2016
you load, sort and unload trucks all day. looking to get paid to lose weight this is where you want to be. its a physical job.
Fun working environment/Difficult work schedule
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 15, 2015
I enjoyed being a flight attendant at Republic Airways for the brief duration of my employment because of the exciting working environment and the travel benefits, however scheduling was often inconsistent and conflicted with daily life, the pay rate and the hours were not efficient for daily living, and there was constant relocation without compensation. I would not work for this company again.
unstable company
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NYNovember 1, 2015
one of the worst places to work in try to avoid if you can. head quarters seems to worry about anyone but then again so does every regional

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Republic Airways. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7