Republic Airways

Republic Airways Employer Reviews

Great work enviroment
Material Specialist (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMarch 12, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Good place to work with lots of learning programs to help employees better themselves for better positions. Hard working staff with daily runs to and from plane hangers to deliver plane parts for repairs
great company to work for
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: meeting new people and travel
Cons: being away from home
Great co workers. Fun to go to different places, meet new people each time the plane landed and took off. The hardest part was being away from home and working on holidays. The best part was the free flight benefits to travel on days off.
High energy work environment, good compensation & job benefits
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Louisville-local base & Indianapolis- Corp. baseJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: travel experience and benefits, above average compensation and high energy culture
Cons: non-compensated hours to and from base, hotels and between flights = 14 hour days
Customer service is job one at Republic Airways. A typical day includes multiple stops, serving over 200 people, troubleshooting, problem solving, adapting to schedule changes; all while providing personal service one person at a time.

I learned to improve my ability to multi-task, adapt quickly, communicate with the public and management while employed at Republic.

The greatest challenges were unscheduled delays, increased security procedures, travel between stops and hours spent waiting. All of these factors turned an 8 hour day into 14 hour days.

The best part of the job was working with customers and delivering professional and superior service making their flight experience enjoyable. Travel to other Cities was also a benefit of my experience with Republic.

Overall I enjoyed my work experience at Republic and would recommend the company to prospective employees.
Probably not the worst company to work for.
First Officer (Current Employee), Washington, DCNovember 15, 2014
Pros: nice plane, decent bases, most of the coworkers are pretty relaxed
Cons: packed scheduals, lack of respect, low pay even for a regional
As an airline the company is pretty typical and actually has much going for it. it has the best and largest aircraft in the regional fleet, and has plenty of hard working individuals who honestly like their work...but they all hate their jobs and the company. The pilots have been out of contract for years, and now recently they canned out per diem which in my case amounted to a 10% pay cut. The pilots are the lowest paid in part 121 and yet we fly a rough combination of both mainline routes and regional routes. What makes this hurt even more is the fact that the company is very successful financially. The sick rules basically charge you as absent even if it is justify. I've already flow with many people who were sick with the flu, sinus infections and yet had to suffer through in some cases 14 hour days. Also the company has no respect for its employees what so ever, and that frustration and stress is filling the average worker. The turn over rate for new hires is the highest in the industry which makes it worst for those who stick around. As a reserve pilot, you will be worked harder and longer than someone with a line, often time sitting reserve out of base and given line work even though you can't win one come bidding time, and there is no shortage of this. The company sees that if they can get you back to base at night, then they can work you as much as they want. They fly in the face of FAA policies and their own often times breaking both regularly.
While this company is definitely here to stay, we are in fact growing...I wouldn't recommend coming here.
Great co workers
Flight Attendant (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 13, 2014
Overall its a good experience, typical work day as a flight attendant of coarse its hectic but i enjoyed every minute of it.
Stay away
Former FA (Former Employee), PhiladelphiaMay 26, 2014
Pros: fun people to work with
Cons: management, pay, crew scheduling
This is the worst place to work from the management to the inflight support specialist (some of them) they are out to get you no matter what. They don't train you anything you need to know but rather you figure it out, then they will scare you about check rides. There are no commuter benefits and they don't care about you at all
poorly managed
mechanic (Former Employee), pittsburghMay 20, 2014
Pros: 10 hour days
Cons: everything else
this company needs more structure management is poor at best change rules to suit their needs look over people for promotion and promote their buddies into higher paid positions that they are not good at such as a lead ,supervisor or inspector .any complaints about any of the leads or supervisors fall on deaf ears and you get reprimanded for it .hr department is a whole other joke
My experience
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOApril 25, 2014
Exceptional experience with a fun environment. Great travel opportunity to visit different places, with the understanding of not a real vacation. Most difficult aspect of the career, there is no life balance.
great people and amazing benifits
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, Chicago, Washington DCMarch 8, 2014
Great people you get to work with.management is good always being on the road 3 to 5 days a week and living out of suitcase gets very demanding working for 14 hours a day and only getting paid for 5 hours can be very stressful. Having a family can be very rough.
I like to travel the world
Flight Attendant (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 10, 2014
I wanted to travel the world, so I decided to travel the world. I applied for different airlines. I did not know the difference between regional and mainline airlines. Republic Airways is a regional carrier, and there is a difference between the two. I applied and got hired for Republic Airways in 2007. I have been there every since. I has not been easy, but I am grateful for the experience.
good place to show skills
Line Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PANovember 16, 2013
Pros: travel benefits
Cons: must work nights
Good work environment..Learned how to install some avionic equipment.
Look elsewhere
Flight attendant (Former Employee), PittsburghNovember 1, 2013
Pros: most flight attendants nice to work with
Cons: management and trainers work diligently against the flight attendant
It is clear this company has management and instructor issues. A prior review states that training and trainers are shotty, at best. That is pretty accurate. If looking for an airline company for employment, do not look to republic. Look elsewhere. Most flight attendants were nice to work with but the rest of the management and trainers, didn't have a clue.The trainers have no education skills and management is there just to fill a space. Not a nice company to work for.
Flight Attendant (Current Employee), IndianapolisJune 29, 2013
Pros: excellent travel benefits, crew members
Cons: management, low pay, crew scheduling
If you're looking to travel, you'll have a blast, especially with the flight attendant and other crew member family you'll fly with, but corporate management & crew scheduling is THE WORST! Management ignores you and their attitude is to "bark out orders" & if you have questions, don't ask because you'll be ignored. Crew scheduling is rude and demanding and doesn't work with or care about your situation! I'd say stay far away from Republic...it's why I'm searching for an FA job with the mainline carriers who are more professional & pay more!!!
Great hours
Flight Maintenance Auditor (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 15, 2013
I enjoyed the detail oriented work. The hours were great. My shift was 6am to 2pm. If I had any kid issues, they were very understanding. Of course I never took advantage of that but the few times I had to leave to get a sick child etc. they worked with me.
materials management unorganized and inexperienced, maintenance management very understanding of situation.
materials (Former Employee), columbusMay 5, 2013
Pros: pay, hours, maintenance team and management.
Cons: travel, lack of respect from materials management and very disorganized materials department.
The materials side of the management team is very unorganized and is a friends and family management style. Be careful who you trust...

The maintenance management is very understanding of the entire situation and are awesome to work with.

Other than that the company as a whole is great..
Awesome place to work for
Parts Lead/Shipping Supervisor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 13, 2013
Pros: good hours
Cons: last minute notice on overtime
Great compny and great peple work there.Lots o traveling ifyou like that.
Exciting, Fearless Company offering CHANGE to anyone that is ready for it.
Flight Attendant (Current Employee), INDFebruary 10, 2013
Pros: 401k, end of year bonuses, medical, appreciation party, birthday cards from coo, years of service recognition
Cons: eye, dental, overworked management team, scheduling (inability to drop/pick up trips after monthly awards), no cancellation pay
I have been employed with Republic Airways for over 12+ GREAT years. RAH listens to its employees, but yearns for employees who are proactive and can offer solutions.
RAH has recently reintroducted several amenities such as a company party, service recognition, etc.
If you are looking to get rich with RAH, your odds are not likely. But if you want great travel benefits look no further.
The management team has a great heart, but can appear detached from time to time. I strongly attribute it to extremely harsh work load.
Training is approximately 3 weeks and can get very intense. After the classroom training is complete each new hire FA will be assigned an Operating Experience. This is the new hires opportunity to fly with an Inflight Support Specialist and put the pieces of the puzzle toghether.
This job definitely allows for great flexibility. I generally work 92 hours a month with 17 days off. Needless to say this explains why the pay isn't that great. A normal person works 92 hours in less than 3 weeks. No matter what, FA's are gauranteed 75 hours of pay/month.
Great Company
Senior technician/Lead A&P Mechanic (Current Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: great team, great management, great benefits
Republic Airways is a great place to work. From your senior technicians to a fresh A&P out of school, you work with all types of professionals.
Great place to start flying
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 1, 2013
Pros: crew members, lifestyle
Cons: pay
Enjoyed my time here! The crew members are amazing to work with.
Equally fun and chaotic work place and schedule.
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 26, 2013
My day started with commuting (by flight) from Memphis to Chicago to start work. After confirming schedule changes (if any), I'd proceed to traverse airport to wherever my aircraft was parked. Pre-flight checks included jumpseat, interphone, cabin lights, seatbelts, demo equipment, emergency equipment, working water, lav supplies, catering and supplies, and crew briefing. Greet passengers boarding, assist with information, serve 1st class drinks, ensure compliance with Federal Regulations (stowed bags, seatbelts, electronic devices), make announcements via intercom, secure and lock cabin door, strap into jumpseat, takeoff. Most flights I performed cabin service with beverage cart, collected trash, fill out catering slip for next flight, prepare for landing. Post flight duties included check for same equipment as in pre-flight. Secure any locks, proceed to shuttle bus for overnight hotel scheduled by the company. Management was mostly friendly and effective, but limited in power. My co-workers were some of the best people I've ever met. The hardest part of the job was constant changing of schedules, but it was also the best part. The part I enjoyed most was getting to meet so many new and wonderful people, it gave me a more positive view on life in general.

About Republic Airways

Many US airlines pledge allegiance to Republic Airways. The airline holding company's subsidiaries¬† Chautauqua Airlines, Republic – Read more

Republic Airways Photos