Republic Airways Employee Reviews in United States

great place to work
Receiving Inspector (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 23, 2016
Wonderful group of people to work with. I inspect parts for aircraft daily and make sure that all is in order. The management team is very helpful.
excellent career kickoff
Aircraft Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 20, 2016
great place to start out any aviation career, good people to work with very family friendly great travel benefits understanding managers with great people skills and excellent customer satisfaction
Good Start for Heavy aircraft experience
Airframe & Powerplant Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 13, 2016
Good start to learn the airline maintenance life. Some great CO-Workers. Some frustrating management decisions. Seniority based advancement and shift bid meant very low skill and experiences levels on the undesirable shifts like nights and weekends. Horrible inadequacy in computer management system and PC servers.
Decent People, Terrible Leadership
Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 8, 2016
Despite many promises to change company culture, Republic Airways fails to support its employees in meaningful ways. Employees at all levels fear repercussion from management too much to do their jobs well. Company takes more than it gives. Lots of lip service, few examples of tangible support or employee recognition. This place will suck you dry. Could be a good stepping stone career, constant turn-over creates several opportunities for advancement if you know the right people.
Previous Employee
Materials Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 7, 2016
Great people to work with but poor management and communication
pay was okay 401k ok the down side is there are too many chief that gives boss people around and when and if somethings goes wrong its on the materials.
Pros
very laid back job
Cons
POOR management
Horrible management but good people to work with
Aircraft Line Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 3, 2016
They give you the most amount work possible and expect the impossible to get it done in the certain amount of time. I would not recommend working here unless you live here in the Columbus area. I relocated from Florida to come work here and it has not been any of what was promised. They are currently laying off hundreds of employees after lying to us that our jobs were not in jeopardy.
Pros
Good and funny mechanics
Cons
Horrible pay and bad managers and supervisors
Don't even waste your time.
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 11, 2016
Been at Republic a little over a year and I'm STILL on reserve. Crew Scheduling does not care about reserves at all, they constantly try to screw you over, break your contract if you let them, and overwork you. Reserve is the worst part about this job, you won't have a life. It's mentally & physically draining. In training they tell you to give it 5 months and you'll have a line, YEAH RIGHT. There's people who have been here two years and are still on reserve. Also the pay is the lowest in the industry. Expect to make about $1,500 a month on reserve (and that's if you actually get trips). Flight benefits are okay however we rank very low on the standby list, and trying to non rev is a job in itself. Plus we no longer get buddy passes. Good place to start your career, I guess. People get comfortable and stay at this airline for years and end up miserable. Don't do it.
Pros
Flight benefits, some nice overnights
Cons
Almost everything
throwing boxes
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 8, 2016
you load, sort and unload trucks all day. looking to get paid to lose weight this is where you want to be. its a physical job.
Fun working environment/Difficult work schedule
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 15, 2015
I enjoyed being a flight attendant at Republic Airways for the brief duration of my employment because of the exciting working environment and the travel benefits, however scheduling was often inconsistent and conflicted with daily life, the pay rate and the hours were not efficient for daily living, and there was constant relocation without compensation. I would not work for this company again.
unstable company
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NYNovember 1, 2015
one of the worst places to work in try to avoid if you can. head quarters seems to worry about anyone but then again so does every regional
a ok place to work
ap mechanic (Former Employee) –  colubus OHIOOctober 10, 2015
nice place to work good envorment good safty and management good hour are average u will learn a lot working there lot of equment to work off over
Pros
good people
Cons
Aviation Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 1, 2015
I loved it there. Only reason I left was to move family to TN to care for wifes grandmother. Otherwise I would of never left.
Pros
Pay, benifits, enviroment and atomoshere are GREAT
Cons
Non really
Got to see the world with NO MONEY
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 5, 2015
Benefits: not good and expensive
Pay: extra LOW $18000 a year
Culture: Horrible do not care about the employees, pilots do not have a contract (over 10years), flight attendant are always threaten to be fired over minor things turn is extremely high for a reason!!!! People are not treated with respect!!!!
Job Security: Poor over 100 planes are parked because there not enough Captains to fly them and based are closing
Management: Belittle in-flight team
Advice do not come here unless you like to be disrespected and paid poorly
THEY ARE TAKING AWAY OUR BUDDY PASSES TOO!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
inflight co-worker thats all we have
Cons
everything!!!!
Good Company
Licensed Technician (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 2, 2015
They definitly try to make your work life enjoyable.
I was an overnight mechanic. the jets were new and the company was great.
Materials, Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 14, 2015
This company is a stepping stone. They treat everyone like they don't care. They say they are changing but it's to late. No one likes working for this company.
Pros
Cons
everything
Go to another airline
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 9, 2015
I have been with the company for about 5 months and I have to say it is not a good company to work for. The training is poor and unorganized and management is nonexistent. The pay is extremely low starting out, Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise.
Pros
Travel...i guess...if you consider places like Buffalo and Providence "fun"
Awesome
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 28, 2015
love traveling around the country and meeting different cultures... Also like the fact that it is different everyday and that you can get a nice block of days off
Productive, very fun work place
Clerk, Flight Training Dept (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 18, 2015
I enjoyed this workplace very much. If I had the chance I would go back and work for this company. This company is a very diverse company with many opportunities. I love the staff and I loved my position.
Pros
Free lunch, Great incentives
Fast Paced and somewhat stressful at times
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 17, 2015
For the most part it is a fun place to work at with management that does its best to be accommodating and help out any way they can. Pay is decent with room for advancement.
Pros
flight benefits and healthcare
Cons
long hours and very little time in between flights
Job was simple and easy to understand
Materials Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 6, 2015
The job itself was very simple to understand and easy to pick up but the management for the materials specialist department were beyond useless. This is because they allowed anyone to change their schedule at any time on the fly without letting anyone know, People could decide just to simply not show up for their job constantly and keep their job, there was terrible communication between supervisors, and the equipment used to perform the job was mediocre at best.
Pros
Freedom to use downtime however you pleased
Cons
useless management

2.8