REPUBLIC BANK & TRUST Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Great Company to work for
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKJune 11, 2017
I love working at Republic. It has given me a place to grow in banking experience and knowledge when I came in with very little. I love that it is community driven and the company truly cares about its customers. Being a local bank, you get to know and work with senior management as well. The biggest draw back for me is the pay. The pay is not competitive with other banks.
Pros
Environment, Opportunity, Community, Local, Small
Cons
Pay
Productive place to work.
Teller (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKMarch 16, 2017
Coworkers are typically great. There seems to be a culture of fear towards the upper management. Other than that, it is a great place to work. There seems to be opportunities for advancement as many of their employees started at the lower levels of the company. They are very involved within the community, and are known for their employee volunteer program.
Productive work place
Contact Center Representative I (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KY 40202March 1, 2017
Clean work environment, professional management, friendly co-workers. Always finding ways to make the environment more friendly & less stressful.
Well-run, easy-going, laid back environment.
Intern, Warehouse Lending Department (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 6, 2016
Very community based organization, everyone is very friendly and helpful. Pretty stress free, as an intern, all my fellow employees strived to help me learn and feel like a useful part of the team.
Very stressful
Servicing and EĀ­Folder Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 6, 2016
This job was very stressful and long hours required, Training was not the best. Most training was you did receive was confusing or passed on to late.
Pros
lunch
Cons
a lot
Good company, varies by department
Lockbox Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKMay 24, 2016
Republic is a good wholesome company with their customer's best interest in mind. The CEO is a little weird(very concerned with the appearance of the company and staff), but very involved with the day to day running of the company. I think the quality of work and environment depends on what department you are in. If you are looking to be a teller, I would say go for it. The staff is very friendly and they have a lot of fun work events that will let you get to know people and give back to the community. Really GREAT Christmas bonus if your end of the year review is good. Have to make referrals. Don't work in the lockbox department though, they only have 3 staffers at any time. If you are sick you can't really get anyone to cover you, and if one person is sick then the whole department has to stay late. Other than that, this is a great company. I'm not sure about advancement opportunities though. You get every holiday off and sundays!
Pros
staff, hours, Pto, bonus
Cons
dress code
Solid, respected local Bank
Mortgage Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKJanuary 3, 2015
I have gleaned much experience in the mortgage loan industry while being with this employer.
Pleasant working conditions.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNFebruary 26, 2014
I enjoyed working for Republic Bank & Trust, however, they decided not to keep the Minnesota branch open.
Pros
Working with customers
Cons
no advancement possibilities