Republic Bank of Chicago Employee Reviews in United States

Poor management and advance oportunities
Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Elmwood Park, ILMarch 3, 2016
You can learn customer service skills, open accounts, closed accounts, deposits, withdrawal, etc.It is not a very busy bank; therefore you have a lot of down time to learn other things. Most of the customers are nice. The coworkers are great.
Pros
good health care and 401k
Cons
poor opportunities to advance in the company
Management is horrible. No structure. Everybody tells you something different.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook IllinoisNovember 30, 2014
As a former Assistant Manager for one of the branches I know the company from top to bottom. I was with Republic Bank for 7+ years. There is absolutely no structure from upper management. Every day they tell you something different, or you get multiple different stories from various people. The pay is horrible and there are no incentives. There is room for minimal growth, but only due to high turnover rate. They are constantly hiring and firing upper management and they never stick to a plan. Their focus and goals are always on the move. They never finish a project goal once started. My experience wasn't pleasant and neither will yours. They need to get their act together. They might have good numbers but that doesn't justify working for them. Plus they tell you that your leads for loans and so on will get you a bonus check......that was and lie. They find ways not to pay you and the loan officers lie and say that the lead came from someone else who they and more buddy buddy with.
Pros
there weren't any.
Cons
pay, vacation time, no incentives, no bonuses, no compensation.
Most rewarding employment experience of my career
Assistant Manager Loan Operations (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILApril 22, 2015
I enjoyed working for Republic Bank of Chicago. I learned management skills and personnel skills hands-on. I use these skills daily in my personal life and professional life.
Productive company
Teller (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 5, 2012
A typical day begins with opening my cash drawer and beginning any night drop transactions. Throughout the day, I would perform various teller tasks including handling requests from customers, preparing money for the vault and scanning the multiple teller batches through the branch capture.
benefits
Cons
long work days
Great work enviornment and great people to work with and for
Officer of Human Resources - Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILJanuary 24, 2014
Maintan employee files
Collect payroll data
Address employee issues
Help people

I learned how enjoyable it was to assist people with issues and resolve those issues. It's nice to put a smile a person's face and make their day.

Co-workers were wonderful

There was no hard part to my job. I loved my job at Republic Bank

My boss was wonderful! We were a great team and everyone in the bank had recognized that.
Pros
my boss and all my co-workers
Cons
no cons
Not a great place to work
Insurance Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILNovember 2, 2012
My experience at Republic Bank was not a great one!!! I had a bad experience with coworkers and management.
Excellent place to work
Vice President-Credit Administration Manager (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILDecember 6, 2013
I worked for Republic for just under 10 years having moved from VP commercial lender to VP credit administration manager and enjoyed each position.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Republic Bank of Chicago. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8