REPORTS TO: Credit Officer
POSITION STATUS: Full-time, regular status, exempt
POSITION SUMMARY: Gathers and analyzes credit information, renewals, modifications and reviews. Works on transactions limited in scope and complexity. Performs limited credit analysis and will be required to further develop this skill set. Assists Company with related data search and management functions as well as other financial and office tasks. In this small, team-oriented environment supports and assists the work of all team members as needed.
- Performs prompt, accurate credit and relationship overviews and research on existing clients and loans using on-line resources and computer search skills.
- Critiques and evaluates loans for deterioration in credit quality, and compliance with Company policy as well as government regulations.
- Creates in-depth written and oral recommendations and reports based on company credit criteria, policies and procedures.
- Assists Credit Officer in determining loan performance both present and predicted by tracking and evaluating trends and potential risks that might impact repayment potential including borrower’s financial statements, industry trends, payment history, etc.
- Assists in the maintenance of appropriate portfolio management reports to track loan exceptions, committed balances, filings, risk ratings, annual reviews, loan covenants, etc.
- Maintains database for portfolio risk management including loan factors such as cash flow, grades, collateral, etc.
- Assures the creation, compilation, filing, and tracking all data relating to delinquencies.
- Creates and monitors daily reports on delinquent leases
- Assists Credit Officer and other team members in related business and office functions as assigned.
- Post-secondary education in Accounting/Finance preferred.
- Must have 1-3 yrs. related experience in bank or finance industry setting—preferably equipment leasing.
- Must be able to demonstrate high level of expertise in computer data search, Excel, Word, and other related financial management and related software.
- Must be proficient in account reconciliation and have some experience in credit analysis.
- Basic accounting or financial analysis skills desired.
- Familiarity with business financial statements and financial ratios highly desired
- Must be detail-oriented and experienced in researching and tracking data and trends and making recommendations and projections based on them.
- Must demonstrate ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with customers, regulators and teammates through a high degree of professionalism and excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
FDIC insured state charted bank providing commercial equipment financing