Republic Bank Employee Reviews

summary
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 3, 2016
It was a great work environment. Easy task. Friendly co-workers and customers. Great compensation. Great hours. Very flexible.
Pros
flexible
Cons
open late on weekends
An excellent work environment built on professionalism and customer service
Retail Banking Teller (part time) (Former Employee) –  Port-of-SpainMay 26, 2016
Working at Republic Bank was a worthwhile experienced. I was able to be challenged by the fast paced environment where I learned something new each day pertaining to customer service and the financial sector.
Not a great place to work
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 17, 2016
Not a great place to work. Scheduling is very poor and almost a mirror of previous Commerce Bank. Employees are asked to work at multiple branches in a business day
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Short Breaks
Highly recognized financial institution in the Caribbean
Credit Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Trinidad West IndiesMay 3, 2016
A typical day at work involves heavy multi-tasking, prioritizing, meeting deadlines, exercising professional customer service, both to external and internal customers. A thorough knowledge of the bank's system and procedures as well as its suite of services is required.

I have been exposed to numerous areas in the bank's Operations Department and obtained the opportunity to learn various areas such as Administrative duties, Loans Processing, Securities and Commercial Lending. Republic Bank Ltd has a dedicated Learning and Talent Development Center where I trained in various areas such as:

> Customer Service Excellence
> Securities
> Fundamentals of Commercial Lending
> Credit Analysis Techniques
> Sales Training

Management encourages a learning environment and there are lots of opportunities for advancement however, promotions are not always fair and takes longer than it should despite being qualified and experienced in the area.

The bank is very prudent in its lending and has years of success as a profitable institution.

Compensation is inadequate compared to other financial industries in the country.

My co workers would describe me as a people person, outgoing and friendly, knowledgable, committed, honest and reliable. The attrition rate is not relatively high, however, staff members who are qualified and experienced eventually leave the organization when they are being overlooked for promotion.

The hardest part of my job is interfacing with various personalities in the workplace, especially as a high percentage of staff members are female. It
  more... is also challenging to deal with irate customers, however, training is provided to deal with such instances.

The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting wonderful people and building relationships with warm and friendly customers who refer to you as their "lifeline" or even "daughter" and do not leave your office without a hug or rigid handshake.

It gives me great pleasure to see customers come into the bank requesting assistance and you see they start from nothing and you help them grow into more successful people, whether it be starting a business or acquiring their own home or new car. That relationship grows and you get to see your client grow as well. It makes you as a person feel fulfilled and satisfied that you have done a good job regardless of whether your employer tells you so.
Pros
Low interest rates on staff loans, paid vacation, casual days, sick leave, profit sharing, uniforms provided, learning opportunities
Cons
Organization politics, length of time for promotion and advancement, inadequate compensation, autocratic leadership styles
A smaller Chicago bank that wants to be bigger. Privately owned.
Chicago-Sr. Network Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILApril 4, 2016
Typical bank, every other employee is a VP of some sort. When I first started the majority of the employees had been around for a long time. As the bank continues to push for growth it seems like there is more turnover.

Overall not a bad place to work, just going through growing pains as they try to expand.

IT is getting outsourced rather than the department expanding which is probably typical for a company of this size, but disappointing.
Pros
Owners will spend money when needed for IT
Cons
Relying on outsourced IT functions gets tiresome
Productive workforce
Intern and Loans Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint George'sMarch 17, 2016
Productive Workforce. Both managers and staff are inline with the company's mission and goals. Lots of opportunities for development and advancement in the company.
Pros
Lots of training
Productive and New Challenges each week
Internship (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILFebruary 9, 2016
I was an Intern at Republic Bank and my duties changes each week since I participated in the rotational program they had. I went through four different departments that includes : Accounting/Finance, Loan Operations, Credit Administration, and Retail Operations. I learn many different aspect and how a Bank fully function throughout all these departments and it was extremely enjoyable. All the co-workers I met there were absolutely nice to me and that I reminded them their first time starting as an employee there.
Pros
New experiences each week
Cons
Quite a far drive from home
culture is awesome
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Haddonfield, NJDecember 11, 2015
The team is awesome and always have your back when you need help. Everyone there is close so it does not feel as if it is a job.
A very innovative and dynamic place to work.
Credit/Payroll & Benefit Administration (Former Employee) –  West IndiesOctober 13, 2015
A typical day at work is working in a team spirited environment to provide excellent customer service and to achieve set goals. During my eighteen years of service, I learned to connect with people and to look at each day as an opportunity to provide high quality service that would 'WOW' the customers beyond their wildest expectations. Management is very innovative and values employees but at times can appear to be reluctant to take risk. Coworkers are honest and respect each other. The hardest part of my job, for example, is having to turn down a customer who really needs a loan and cannot meet the requirements. However, other possible options are often suggested. The most enjoyable part of my job is achieving my set goals and making the customer happy.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Slow in negotiations
Great place to work!
Telecommunications Technician (Former Employee) –  KentuckySeptember 16, 2015
Team/family environment. Opportunities for advancement. Challenging work environment. Every day brought a new challenge and opportunity for growth. My customers were my co-workers throughout the corporate offices and banking centers. I developed a great rapport with nearly everyone and was always very timely when it came to resolving the myriad of issues that would arise from day to day.
Growing organization
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 8, 2015
Manage overall sales, operations, service, ready for the next level of advancement

Ability to adapt to ever changing, fast paced environment

Creativity in scheduling has been required- would love to see a recruitment and branding effort to gain qualified candidates for all positions for hire

Growing company with a great culture
Pros
Culture, location, great customers, great products
Cons
short staffed with 7 day a week banking and extended hours to cover
Great environment
Contact Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 5, 2015
Great environment and great place to work. Everyone is willing to help you learn. Typically I answer all inbound phone calls for customers who are having banking issues. This is a atmosphere where teamwork is key to ensure success.
Productive, fast-pace invironment
Teller/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Trinidad , Marabella branchJune 17, 2015
A typical day at Republic Bank Limited will include customer interactions and completing tasks skillfully and in a timely manner. I've learned the importance of group cohesion and time management. The hardest part or the job will be multitasking but the most enjoyable part will be customer / client interaction and seeing pleased customers leave the establishment after completing their transaction(s).
Good company to work for
Customer Call Center (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 15, 2015
I work their as a temp and my experience with Republic bank was very nice. I was seasonal working for them in their call center. Overall it was a good experience.
Excellent
Store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJMarch 18, 2015
Love you work again! Republic Bank is reinventing the banking industry in South Jersey! It is exciting to be involved with the growth of such a powerful brand.
Pros
culture
Cons
pay
Cool Place
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 4, 2015
The company was very fun to work at. The people were nice and flexible with college students. Not a very busy bank because they are fairly new and revamped but nice environment.
great place to work
Client Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 24, 2015
Republic was the very first bank I worked at and taught me all I needed to know regarding banking. I owe all my knowledge to them. The company was small and very family like, overall it was an AMAZING place to work.
Great People and Location
Commercial and Industry Administrator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 15, 2015
The bank is located in the heart of center city Philadelphia. The bank truly strives for excellence. Each morning, you can grab a free coffee or smoothie. Employee meetings are the best! Very creative and get's the team spirit flowing. Every month, they celebrate the birthday's of all employees.
great experience
AVP Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Haddonfield, NJSeptember 7, 2014
Wished I could go back. Learned a lot and enjoyed everything
Great company
Full Time employee (Current Employee) –  Oakbrook ILAugust 30, 2014
Great to their employees and a great enviroment to work in. I would recommend anyone working here.