Republic Bank Employee Reviews

Productive and Customer Service oriented
Assistant Vice President of Operations (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 5, 2017
This company provided the opportunity for me to demonstrate my banking and finance skills as well as my ability to work directly with customers and manage a small staff.
Not happy
Escrow Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 3, 2017
Poor management makes the job miserable. They need to change the way that they handle major responsibilities, expectations, and salaries. The low pay and high responsibility of the job makes it a terrible work environment.
Contractual teller (peak time contract)
Bank teller (Former Employee) –  Pierreville, MayaroOctober 3, 2017
Having been there for just three months- If given the opportunity for a permanent position I would have taken it, in light of this job market. If i was offered a more lucrative package, I may have stayed on. There is evidence of racism in the hierarchy of persons employed and period of time working before advancement/promotional prospects occur.
Republic was a perfect job for me.
Recruitment Officer (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MISeptember 25, 2017
Hired to start up an on-boarding and retention initiatives. Reported directly to the Board of Directors for a $6-Billion-dollar regional bank. Worked daily with the Regional President and 15 line managers located in Michigan, Indiana, Florida, Ohio and Massachusetts.
fun
Post Closer (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIAugust 9, 2017
they kept a fun environment with monthly outings and fun activities. loved working for my manager and with my group we had holiday parties for every occasion
Great Company
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Palm Harbor, FLJuly 28, 2017
I really like working there. I only left because I was offered a position I couldn't refuse.
I wish I stayed
There is more room for advancement if you live in Kentucky.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Not a lot of locations.
Competitive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  TrinidadMay 8, 2017
Very competitive environment
Always need to be ahead of the game
Keep customers happy and not wanting to close accounts
Always keeping you motivated to excel
work place with advancement
Deposit Operations Co-Ordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 30, 2017
Rating of company speaks for itself . It is very busy at times and fun good environment depending on whose your manager / supervisor. Work place ok
Pros
great to work for
Cons
short lunches
Great bank for clients. Hard for employees
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 15, 2017
I love Republic Bank and the products and services they have to offer. They are there for their customers. My experience there brought me back to the culture that I'd been used to from working at Commerce Bank. My problem was the too far fluctuating scheduling. I could be working until 8:30 pm one night and find myself back up at 4:30am to head in to work at 7am. Because I take public transportation from southern New Jersey It could take about 1.5 hours to get to and from work. So often I would be exhausted. If the schedules were more consistent I could be adaptable but my scheduled hours were different every week. There was no consistency which proved a to be a tough hurdle.
Pros
great hours and benefits
Cons
inconsistent scheduling.
Great entry level experience
Internet Banking Specialist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 8, 2017
This bank gives you the best entry level experience for banking. Decent salary, great benefits, great work to life balance, good company culture. Great training to give you the basic of banking to open possibility to new horizons.
Great Banking Experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 19, 2017
Republic bank is a wonderful company and great first experience in the banking field. the company has many opportunities for advancement and volunteering in the community.
Fanatic place to work for
Senior Store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Berlin, NJFebruary 19, 2017
Great place to work for. Always learning new things and the bank is wonderful. Exceeding customer's expectations and balancing teller box.
Great Work Environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INNovember 27, 2016
Work environment is great. Upper management seems to care about their employees' future. Great job growth from within. Would highly recommend if looking for a career in banking.
Profitable and structured company with a need to engage its employees more
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  TrinidadOctober 3, 2016
The company is well structured and functions well on a strong base of systems and procedures. It is a profit driven company which fulfils its financial commitment to its employees and shareholders.

Its HR policies and Executive Managment style are somewhat outdated and steeped in hierarchy. The company can increase its profitability from creating fair opportunity and seeking to understand the strengths and depth of its wide resources. Investment in developing its executive and middle management is critical to energising a large workforce.

As a leader in its industry, the Organisation needs to consider outside the box strategies to further engage its employees which can significantly enhance its profitability. They can also utilise their position as an industry leader to influence national HR policies by taking the lead on specific new initiatives.
Pros
Profit Sharing Scheme
Cons
Profit/Target driven
Great Company
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 1, 2016
There are many smart and wonderful people at Republic Bank. It's a wonderful career to have, and the benefits and pay are comparable to other banks in the area.
Pros
Great work/life balance
Cons
Not many - a great place
summary
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 3, 2016
It was a great work environment. Easy task. Friendly co-workers and customers. Great compensation. Great hours. Very flexible.
Pros
flexible
Cons
open late on weekends
An excellent work environment built on professionalism and customer service
Retail Banking Teller (part time) (Former Employee) –  Port-of-SpainMay 26, 2016
Working at Republic Bank was a worthwhile experienced. I was able to be challenged by the fast paced environment where I learned something new each day pertaining to customer service and the financial sector.
Not a great place to work
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 17, 2016
Not a great place to work. Scheduling is very poor and almost a mirror of previous Commerce Bank. Employees are asked to work at multiple branches in a business day
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Short Breaks
Highly recognized financial institution in the Caribbean
Credit Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Trinidad West IndiesMay 3, 2016
A typical day at work involves heavy multi-tasking, prioritizing, meeting deadlines, exercising professional customer service, both to external and internal customers. A thorough knowledge of the bank's system and procedures as well as its suite of services is required.

I have been exposed to numerous areas in the bank's Operations Department and obtained the opportunity to learn various areas such as Administrative duties, Loans Processing, Securities and Commercial Lending. Republic Bank Ltd has a dedicated Learning and Talent Development Center where I trained in various areas such as:

> Customer Service Excellence
> Securities
> Fundamentals of Commercial Lending
> Credit Analysis Techniques
> Sales Training

Management encourages a learning environment and there are lots of opportunities for advancement however, promotions are not always fair and takes longer than it should despite being qualified and experienced in the area.

The bank is very prudent in its lending and has years of success as a profitable institution.

Compensation is inadequate compared to other financial industries in the country.

My co workers would describe me as a people person, outgoing and friendly, knowledgable, committed, honest and reliable. The attrition rate is not relatively high, however, staff members who are qualified and experienced eventually leave the organization when they are being overlooked for promotion.

The hardest part of my job is interfacing with various personalities in the workplace, especially as a high percentage of staff members are female. It
  more... is also challenging to deal with irate customers, however, training is provided to deal with such instances.

The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting wonderful people and building relationships with warm and friendly customers who refer to you as their "lifeline" or even "daughter" and do not leave your office without a hug or rigid handshake.

It gives me great pleasure to see customers come into the bank requesting assistance and you see they start from nothing and you help them grow into more successful people, whether it be starting a business or acquiring their own home or new car. That relationship grows and you get to see your client grow as well. It makes you as a person feel fulfilled and satisfied that you have done a good job regardless of whether your employer tells you so.
Pros
Low interest rates on staff loans, paid vacation, casual days, sick leave, profit sharing, uniforms provided, learning opportunities
Cons
Organization politics, length of time for promotion and advancement, inadequate compensation, autocratic leadership styles
A smaller Chicago bank that wants to be bigger. Privately owned.
Chicago-Sr. Network Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILApril 4, 2016
Typical bank, every other employee is a VP of some sort. When I first started the majority of the employees had been around for a long time. As the bank continues to push for growth it seems like there is more turnover.

Overall not a bad place to work, just going through growing pains as they try to expand.

IT is getting outsourced rather than the department expanding which is probably typical for a company of this size, but disappointing.
Pros
Owners will spend money when needed for IT
Cons
Relying on outsourced IT functions gets tiresome