Republic Finance

Republic Finance Employer Reviews

Don't Waste Your Energy
Asst. Manager (Former Employee), LouisianaDecember 18, 2014
Pros: office environment and health benefits
Cons: customers, management, unattainable goals and no overtime
Look for another job... I promise you this is not it. At first they train you and make you feel that this could be a possible career choice but then you have meet these unattainable goals and no matter how hard you work they want more. No overtime ... i remember being the office until 8:00pm and management makes you feel guilty if you leave at close. The company's turnover rate is horrible... do your research before even interviewing with this company. Majority of the people who have put good reviews are most likely trying to become Branch Managers and are sucking up this the big boss.
was never trained how they wanted things done, had to figure out computer program by myself
Administrative assistant, (Former Employee), Summerville, SCNovember 25, 2014
Cons: no breaks ever
Coworkers very helpful, although management never sat with me or even attempted to train me on anything.

I was there every day and kept expressing my desire to learn more and was told they didn't have time
Ok office but only if you have previous loan experience.
Terrible place to work, no job security!
Accounting Analyst (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LANovember 15, 2014
Pros: group lunches. days off. free tickets to saints, pelican, and lsu games.
Cons: very poor management, never got help learning my job.
A typical day at work would consist of going in and dealing with banking functions and making other's jobs easy. I learned how to do most things on my own. There was hardly any job training. Management was terrible. I would go seek help and all I got in return was attitude. When I had problems on the job and confronted management about the situation, nothing was done. I was basically pushed out the door. Some of my coworkers was exceptionally nice and the others would gang up together to talk about others. This place was very unprofessional. It was all about friendships.
Great work environment
Assistant Manager/Loan Officer (Current Employee), Hoover, ALAugust 12, 2014
Pros: great co workers and supervisors
Cons: how the system works giving wrong people loans
Great work environment great supervisors. I just do not like how the system works. They give some people money who aren't eligable and I hate all the collection calls.
Busy work environment
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNAugust 11, 2014
Cons: healthcare
A typical work day is working on secured loans. Auto, personal, bill conslidation. I have learned how to manage the public and work with diverse co-workers. The hardest part of the job is knowing I'm putting people in debt. However it is rewarding to know I am helping people out by maybe getting them out of tough situations.
I enjoyed working with my co-workers and customer. I'm still friends with them today.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Columbus, MSApril 9, 2014
Pros: the leaning exerience was great, so was the lasting friendships.
Cons: i had two small children at the time. i needed a job that was more family friendly.
I stated this job right out of high school. I leaned a lot. I was a fast and efficient Customer Service Representative. I loved working with people. I usually was the first one there. I opened the office. I got my cash drawer set up, turned computer on, prepared the bank deposit, I took payment, I answered phones, I took sales and loan applications, I checked there credit, verified there employment, I prepared loans and sales, I solicited cash in office and over the phone and by mail, I processed paid out papers, filed ours and mailed customers there's, I purged files that were too old, I help call on past due accounts. We all worked together as a team and had a lot of fun. We also worked on our own. We all knew what to do and we got it done.
Fun fast paced work enviroment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: advancement, management, bonuses, ramp program
A typical day consists of three major duties. Collections, loans and branch operations.
Typical Day
Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Johnson City, TNFebruary 7, 2014
Updating customer information, taking applications, pulling credit bureaus, soliciting customers for new loans or additional funds on existing loans. Also make collection calls on delinquent accounts up to and including pursuing legal actions on seriously delinquent accounts.
New and Exciting Experience
Customer Service Rep- (Former Employee), Harvey, LAOctober 17, 2013
I never worked as a Loan Processor so learning the ends and outs of acceptable credit scores, how to run credit histories and check scores was very interesting. I would have gave 5 stars but I worked there as a temp wished I could have been hired as a permanent.
Easy job, but worst place
Operations Specialist (Former Employee), SCOctober 8, 2013
Pros: easy job
Cons: management is poor. hours suck.
The job is super easy, but the worst management ever! All I can say is stay away and don't waste your time. 2 weeks in and I was ready to quit!!
Bad Manager
collector (Former Employee), Summerville SCAugust 24, 2013
A temp agency sent me here for a longtime assignment. The manager had requested that her daughter be hired for the assignment. Her manager told her it was inappropriate. She only spoke to me when she had to , she surfed the internet all day on her personal tablet and had her daughter come by the office for an extended lunch (about 2 hours) after the second day I left.
Good pay but not fun place to work--not equal
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Booneville, MSAugust 19, 2013
Pros: 1 hour lunches
Cons: collecting, not family oriented, unfair work loads, to many personal affairs on work time
Was told God, Family, Job and that was not the case--good paying job, late hours, collecting was not shared responsibility,
It is a great company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Thibodaux, LAJune 27, 2013
It is a great company to work for but you have to make sure that the job comes first! I am not that kind of person my family/kids comes before any job . If you have a problem with that then this is not the company to work for.
Not for the faint of heart
Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Lake Charles, LAFebruary 8, 2013
Cons: never off on time... stayed open late past "hours of operation"
Completely sales driven, which is not a problem, but having to collect on loans is. Selling money at 35% is not someting I enjoyed at all.
Great place to Work
CSR (Former Employee), Jackson,TNOctober 19, 2012
Pros: great hrs
Cons: collecting
This was a great place to work for I worked there when first opened and it was great learned alot I would suggest this Finance company anytime to any body.
great people worked there we where laied back but we did our job.
Learned Consumer Finance
CSR (Former Employee), Houma, LAMay 8, 2012
Pros: exciting and fun place to work
Cons: when i had to call someone about late payments, filing paperwork for legal.
I was hired as a CSR for Republic Finance . I worked there for 4 years and was taught the ins and out of Consumer Finance . I handled all incoming mail , put in loans, and sales contracts. Handled most of all payments , collections , filed insurances, completed folders and filed all proper papers for autos.
Good work place for independents. Work extra hours frequently.
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee), Batesville, MSMarch 3, 2012
Pros: 3-4 person work place, 1 hr lunch breaks, leniant off days for family issues etc.
Cons: no overtime pay, excessive work hours, quantity based instead of quality
Salary based job, plus bonuses and commission. Sells high-risked loans, mostly to those that have a poor credit score. The manager gives a goal of amount of sales to make each month. Delinquencies are usually high.