Republic Finance Employee Reviews

Bad Experience
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 2, 2017
I don't have anything to say. I did not have a good experience with this company................................................................................ There was just a lot of unprofessionalism between management and staff members.
Pros
One hour lunch
Cons
poor management
August 8, 2017

Republic has systems in place to reward quality work, but the employment experience can vary between locations. A number of methods are used to gather employee feedback, including the failure of a manager to provide adequate praise to employees, for resolution.

Good place to start
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  LouisianaJuly 27, 2017
This company is a good place to get experience. That's about all. It is a cut throat environment. My manager never tried to help me grow as a productive professional.
Pros
Bonuses

Hated my manager
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Franklin, LAJuly 18, 2017
This is a very competitive place to work. You are constantly given goals and have to compete with your co-workers. Management in the office I was in was untrustworthy, missed work a lot, and always found ways to place blame on others. The pay was not good compared to other finance companies. If they would weed out the bad seeds in their offices it might be a decent place to work.
August 8, 2017

Goals for employees are established based on previous branch results, an employee’s past performance, and a number of other factors. The goals have proven to be attainable as demonstrated by the number of employees who have reached or exceeded their goals. Certainly, the managerial styles of different individuals will vary. Republic Finance prides itself on providing a work environment that is free from unlawful harassment. Any concerns about a particular manager should be reported to executive management in the corporate office or human resources. Several different methods are offered to report any inappropriate behavior or activities, or to report a need for improvement, for investigation and resolution.

High Energy and Fast Pace
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 18, 2017
Prepared financial statements for management and Produce quarterly reports. Friendly staff in a fast pace environment. Learned more about being organized in a fast pace place. People where there to help when I had questions. Management was friendly as well.
Pros
Easy to work with staff
Cons
took to long for healthcare to become active
August 8, 2017

Thank you for your positive comments! We review and consider all feedback for opportunities to reinforce what we do well and to improve where appropriate. Our healthcare benefits are highly competitive. The plan design has kept premiums at a minimum while delivering generous benefits. The company funds the majority of the premium for employees, and also funds an allowance for use toward the deductible.

Highly stressful, fast paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 8, 2017
RF is an ok employer to work for, Very high in demand. I enjoyed working in a small office setting. Must be well organized and work well under pressure.
Pros
great place to work, if you like fast paced enviornment
Cons
stressful, long hours
August 8, 2017

Thank you for your positive comments. We review and consider all feedback for opportunities to reinforce what we do well and to improve where appropriateRepublic Finance is a retail establishment that requires staffing to meet customer needs. Hours of operation are normally 8AM to 5PM or 8:30 AM to 5:30PM Monday through Friday. There may be instances where employees are asked to work beyond those hours in order to achieve branch goals, which are reasonable and attainable, or to complete services for a customer.

Loved my time with Republic
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 28, 2017
It is only that we are relocating with the military that I am leaving my job. Would highly encourage others to apply. My tenure there has been great and should they expand to the area in Texas we are moving I would like to work with them again.
August 8, 2017

Thank you for your positive comments. We review and consider all feedback for opportunities to reinforce what we do well and to improve where appropriate! We recently opened our first three branches in Texas and plan to continue expansion in the state!

Not the best job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMay 8, 2017
This job was no where near what I thought being an assistant manager would be. It is shady, cut throat, flat out mean to fixed income and the under privileged.
Pros
Time off if needed
Cons
Everything else

Review
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNApril 13, 2017
Highly competitive and fast paced. Enjoyed learning about the entire loan process. Nobody enjoys collections but it's part of the job. Strong support from RVP.
Pros
aaaaaa
Cons
aaaaaaa

Laid back environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Hoover, ALJanuary 25, 2017
I love working for my current manager. The work chemistry is great, I have an excellent team and everybody is upbeat. Sometimes the work can get to be a bit much, but it will challenge you to be the best.

Great Company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCJanuary 24, 2017
Great company to work for. It is a small company growing at a fast rate. Great office environment and great benefits. Very good training program for employees unfamiliar with office operations.
August 8, 2017

Good pay, stressful work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  TennesseeJanuary 5, 2017
A typical day at work includes posting payments, calling a collection route, and then soliciting loans. Collecting can be stressful due to some people not able to make payments and the fact that you still have goals that need to be hit.
August 8, 2017

Collection calls are a requirement for all positions in the branch offices and are a normal part of the lending business. Goals for employees are established based on previous branch results, an employee’s past performance, and a number of other factors.

Can Be fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Morgan City, LADecember 14, 2016
Your job here can be fun. I dislike calling people for money, Your manager will make you be very hard and sometimes rude to the customers if they can't make a payment.
August 8, 2017

Productive and fun workplace. Willing to make the lives of others less stressful.
Customer Service Rep/Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 24, 2016
The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to make the lives of others less stressful and manageable by assisting in their financial needs whether personal or pleasurable.
August 8, 2017

Thank you for your positive feedback! We review and consider all feedback for opportunities to reinforce what we do well and to improve where appropriate.

Nice Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCOctober 17, 2016
A typical day consists of assisting customers with their loan needs. Management and co-workers are friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job is the family oriented nature.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Compensation
August 8, 2017

Thank you for your positive comments. We review and consider all feedback for opportunities to reinforce what we do well and to improve where appropriate. Republic Finance’s salaries and benefits are competitive within its industry and geographic territory.

Good first job that helped me learn the ropes
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALAugust 2, 2016
This is a good company to work for with a great training program and management that helps you learn the business fast and thoroughly. This was a great first job to learn how to work an 8-5 job and learn something new at the same time.
August 8, 2017

Republic’s training program is highly successful. Thank you for your positive comments. We review and consider all feedback for opportunities to reinforce what we do well and to improve where appropriate.

Not bad for young people looking for a start
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJuly 11, 2016
Good place to work in order to gain experience in loans and finance. Pay was not great and raises are very small. Opportunity for monthly bonuses that average about $250 per month.
August 8, 2017

Republic Finance’s salaries and benefits are competitive within its industry and geographic territory. We appreciate your feedback!

never take any offer they give you --it wont be what you actually get
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJune 13, 2016
worst job ever, to many chiefs and to few Indians. Expected to work overtime and not get paid. Do not apply here !!!!!! Hated every minute I worked there
Cons
no breaks, short or no lunch breaks
August 8, 2017

Republic Finance’s salaries and benefits are competitive within its industry and geographic territory. Republic Finance is a retail establishment that requires staffing to meet customer needs. Hours of operation are normally 8AM to 5PM or 8:30 AM to 5:30PM Monday through Friday. There may be instances where employees are asked to work beyond those hours in order to achieve branch goals, which are reasonable and attainable, or to complete services for a customer

Great company
Intern (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 8, 2016
Loved the atmosphere and my coworkers, learned so much everyday, and enjoyed the fact the company as a whole is focused on hiring quality candidates and providing exceptional, face-to-face customer service

Good training program
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  AlabamaMay 31, 2016
Republic Finance was a good first job and it had a good training program. I think that they have a good potential advancement, but I did not feel challenged enough. They were good at giving their employees independence. The workplace was a fun and friendly environment.
August 8, 2017

Thank you for your positive comments. We review and consider all feedback for opportunities to reinforce what we do well and to improve where appropriate.Goals for employees are established based on previous branch results, an employee’s past performance, and a number of other factors. The goals have proven to be attainable as demonstrated by the number of employees who have reached or exceeded their goals.

Abilitiy to help those in need was rewarding
CSR/Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAApril 20, 2016
Handling of sensitive and confidential information intended for processing and verification of loan applications with high level of professionalism. Prepare loan packages consisting of contracts, titles, documents, ancillary products, and disbursement checks. Receiving and resolving customer questions, including but not limited to calls, emails from staff and field loan officers, and prospective clients. Clear messages each morning and takes action or delivers to appropriate employees. Process customer’s payments, daily bank deposits, and end of the month reports. Perform clerical duties (e.g. filing, data entry, and preparation of correspondence).

I learned differences between hard credit inquiries and soft credit inquiries. How to prepare for future financial goals and what it steps needed to help build a higher credit score. I was able to use the tools I learned and help our customers do the same.

Hardest part of the job was collections when repossession of personal property was on the line.

Most enjoyable part of the job was assisting those in financial crisis get the temporary help needed to get back on their feet. Also, management was big on allowing his employees to be able to keep family a top priority as long as we were producing the results needed to meet in house goals as well.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Lack of follow throughon what was promised
August 8, 2017

Collection calls are a requirement for all positions in the branch offices and are a normal part of the lending business. Republic Finance complies with all applicable laws regulating how collection activities are conducted. Thank you for your positive comments. We review and consider all feedback for opportunities to reinforce what we do well and to improve where appropriate.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Republic Finance. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7