Republic National Distributing Company Employee Reviews

Excellent company with good management, high sales based earning potential, limited opportunity for advancement, great clients.
Wine Consultant (Former Employee) –  From Jupiter to Homestead.October 24, 2016
I loved working for Republic National Distributing Company as a sales representative in various South Florida territories. All levels of management remained available for continuous direction. Great administrative support and good operations. Working hours remained flexible as long as all clients were impeccably cared for, this also taught us great time management skills. Great clients were obtainable in both the restaurant and retail channels. One of our strengths as teammates, was the continuous sharing of information to achieve company goals. This company enabled me to successfully raise two great children comfortably.
Pros
Great support, flexible hours, clear goals, endless earning opportunities.
Cons
Massive amounts of travel.
Productive busy place that does not stop selling liquor
NIGHT WAREHOUSE EMPLOYEE (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LADecember 8, 2016
a typical day at work was loading big trucks with cases of alcohol to distribute to convenient stores around the area.
I learned you are on a time schedule, there is no stopping for breaks in that job.
management had their favorites, if you were on that lists you did not have to work as much or as hard as the ones that were not their favorites.
the hardest part of the job is non stop picking up and carrying cases of alcohol in the trucks off the conveyor belt.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
short breaks
Not the company it used to be.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Littleton, CODecember 17, 2016
RNDC is very good at growth. Horrible at rewarding employees with pay, benefits, and work life balance.
Management is reactionary.
Expect to be routed 17+ hrs, well outside of DOT mandates.
Pros
4 day work week
Cons
Brutally physical job, benefits are outrageously poor.
Overall a wonderful company with amazing people and great potential to succeed.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Tidewater, VA & Charleston, SCDecember 20, 2016
I have worked with RNDC for almost 10 years in two different states. Although each state has been complete different experiences, overall this company has great benefits, can open the door to endless opportunities and keeps me wanting to learn more. Co workers have been supportive and great team players. Managers are right there with you during the tough days as well as the good. Every day is a day that i learn something new wether it be how people surprise you with their kindness or how long, hard days can be super rewarding with the right attitude. My favorite part of this job is educating others about wine and the things that pair with it, as well as learning from others about new and or old products.
Pros
Good benefits, rewards, incentives
Cons
Transferring to another state ...not so easy. Sometimes you have to start from the bottom again.
Provided Technical Support
Business Intelligence Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 10, 2017
I enjoyed Training new MicroStrategy users and continuing to create new reports. Providing solution based technical support was my favorite part of the job. I also enjoyed being part of a team with a focus on solutions. I was responsible for setting up all internal users with access to our MicroStrategy program as well as suppliers with the appropriate security levels. I learned MicroStrategy, Access, PowerPoint, Excel and basic SharePoint site design. Training people, speaking in public and preparing presentations is one of my top skills and something that I truly enjoy. The hardest part of the job was not being able to find solutions quickly. The work place culture changed dramatically when we merged with another company.
Pros
Working with a great team and working form home.
Cons
Organizational restructure
fast pace enviroment
Retail Wine Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXOctober 26, 2016
Great culture and people. very fast paced moving environment, never the same day twice. management is terrible though they pick the worst people to be in charge
Horrible Working Conditions - DFW
Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 6, 2016
Go to work 5am and don't get home til 9:30p. Not on overtime. Sitting at the warehouse for hours, pays $8 "downtime".
Running two routes because the warehouse does not know to schedule/operate/run routes. Does not use drivers efficiently. Deliveries are late, not because of the drivers because they load "stops" that have to be delivered by noon... the driver doesn't leave until 12... but they load the stop anyway.. then you have to unload, takes time and energy, waste of time and money.
18 wheel drivers cannot work 16 hours a day, sleep for 5.5 hours get up and do it again.
Pros
Work is not horrible. It does take hard work, but it is do-able.
Cons
Warehouse operations/management does know how to operate the warehouse efficiently
Fun place to work, tough job, difficult work-life balance
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 2, 2016
The job is physically intensive and you work a lot of hours. It is vital to develop relationships with your buyers in HEB or other chains in order to be able to present them with products you are trying to sell. It is a difficult job in the fact that it is a minimum six days a week kind of job and does not create the optimal work-life balance that many strive for. There is plenty of opportunity for advancement however but it takes a lot of work and a lot of hours to get there.
Pros
Great people, good benefits, rewarding
Cons
Work-life balance
Upper management is unprofessional
Spirits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 17, 2017
I worked in the spirits, on-premise division and there were very little opportunities to progress. I would not recommend this company to anyone. There were too many late nights working in bars. For a younger individual I can see this being fun for the short-term but certainly will get old quickly.
Pros
entry level wages
Cons
micro-managers, incompetent managment
pretty easy job with enjoyable employees
Order picker and forklift operator (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 27, 2016
I had an ok time working there, job was easy just was horrible giving out well deserved raises. us as employees got all the product out in a timely matter. my coworkers were pretty cool to work with, we had no problems. the management team was a little to bossy and treated us like kids instead of men working to keep their company functioning.
Middle Management is the worst ever!!
Lower management (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 18, 2016
No place for advancement unless you are a "chosen one". Middle management has no clue how to manage but by Nepotism and many are very narcissistic. Makes for a hostile work environment.
Pros
Good Co-workers, all very friendly.
Cons
Bad Middle Management
Bad Managment but great potential.
Overnight loader (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 15, 2017
Over my time working there i tried my best and did everything proper and effortless but the management was ridiculous they had the whole operation working well but the way they treated the workers was careless and selfish with belittle towards everyone.
Too Corporate For Comfort
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 9, 2016
Unfortunately this is yet another example of Corporate USA stepping into a successful hometown business to squeeze every penny out until it ultimately loses the products it represents in addition to it's customer base. While RNDC has not been considered a small business for quite some time, they certainly have never put profit before their workforce and customers until the the majority owners stepped in with their wallets by buying out the "little" guys to be able to make their own decisions.
RNDC has repeatedly cut costs by methodically reducing the commission rates of the entire salesforce while eliminating ALL reimbursement for it's salesforce. As a commissioned employee you are expected to cover all costs associated with your role, i.e. gas, phone, travel, anything you pay for. This would often lead to college graduates making less than minimum wage. At least in Louisiana as there is no minimum wage law to protect commissioned based employees.
I may seem bitter in my review. That is because I am and so are many others. I bought into their promise of a light being at the end of the tunnel, only to get burned. The attitude of my colleagues and management was very uninspiring. The hallways were full of unhappy employees with an attitude of complete negativity.
BTW, don't buy into the ratings by employees given publicly. You can thank a wonderful HR department for those.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Compensation, Work/Family Balance, False Hope
Great first sales experience
Sales Representative, Spirits Division (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MDFebruary 9, 2017
Great group of colleagues and management. Great portfolio to sell on a daily basis. Great business structure and a great training program for new and old employees.
Great Place To Work
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Paducah, KYDecember 15, 2016
Great place to work, I enjoy the autonomy and personal accountability as it relates to sales and self-management. Account management is critical in this sales environment. Planning and Execution of sales numbers and goals are a must.
Poor leadership
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Ashland, VAOctober 24, 2016
My time there they did no hiring within the company and they fired and employee who had been at the facility for 10 yrs who had moved up in the company on a appreaction day. What made it poor in environment was the treatment of the employees in general.
Pros
Experience gained
Cons
Job cluture
Love this company
Merchandiser/Sales (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJanuary 12, 2017
Biggest mistake was having to leave, best managers and company I ever worked for. Great people and benefits. Learned alot and quickly became a strong team member.
Positive and enjoyable work environment.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXJuly 11, 2016
Working at RNDC was very fulfilling. I enjoyed it everyday. The benefits were great and the opportunity for advancement was definitely there.
Not Recommended
Order Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 18, 2017
Bad management, no one ever listens to you , overall a bad place to work, and I weren't recommend the workplace to anybody, and its the hardest job I ever had.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Lousy management
good company
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaNovember 17, 2016
good company to work for this company has all kinds of benefits and pays well if it's 8 hour shift depending what amount of product is going out the door

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Republic National Distributing Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9