Republic National Distributing Company Employee Reviews

General Laborer (Former Employee) –  La Vista, NEDecember 8, 2017
It’s a Fast paced work environment . Lots of great people to work with. Easy to understand roles. And they have great supervisors to help with any questions or trouble.
Hard physical work,long hours
Forklift Operator / Warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXDecember 4, 2017
A typical day would consist of fast paced lifting and on feet for 12 plus hours a day, I learned and appreciated the value of teamwork and how important it is to help each other.
Pros
Free lunches, bring your family to work day
Cons
long hours, not enough pay, no life
Long days and challenges that can be rewarding
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 27, 2017
Challenging every day with rewards for going above and beyond your counterparts. Must be willing to work on holidays and weekends that leaves you very little time for family.You must preplan every night to be successful at this position.
Pros
Trips, free product
Cons
Phone and car allowance
A typical day of work
Wine Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXNovember 25, 2017
I drive my car to a Kroger grocery store after it has received its delivery. I go to the receiving dock to down-stack said order onto a stock cart to transport to the sales floor to stock the product on to the grocery store shelves. It takes about an hour or two complete the process depending on the size of the order. I then, take any left over product and trash, to the back of the store to put the remaining product in the back stock and trash in the compactor and baler for recycling. Before leaving the store, I fill the cold box, where the wine is chilled. Then I condition the store's wine section by pulling up any wine bottles to the front of the shelf to where the section is void of any visible holes and is made to look presentable for customers. After I've completed my tasks, I go to my next store.
Pros
Organization, some inventory control, People Skills
Cons
mileage while commuting adds to wear and tear on my vehicle
Be Aware
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 21, 2017
RNDC i started as a merchandiser and grew to a salesman. The company was negligent and broke a contract on a reimbursement deal that they caused in the first place
Pros
Cons
Poor leadership, they can and will adjust your money as they want
An excellent company in all aspects.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL New Orleans LANovember 20, 2017
RNDC is professional and they are very highly regarded in the market. They are always progressing and are on the cutting edge. Selling and maintaining new and existing product via route sales. Excellent workplace. Hardest part of the job would be collecting checks from customers to keep AR current.
Education about wine trends and the ability to also communicate to customers what would be the most viable products to further their success and then watching it happen.
Pros
Excellent management, education and customer service back up.
Cons
Picking up checks.
lots of hours
Driver (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 15, 2017
lots of overtime
little family life
lot of road time driving
not all is dossclosed upon interview
i, e . going out of town
more thane twice a year
trucks overloded
z\bn
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLNovember 15, 2017
RaceTrac - 1,037 reviews - Orlando, FL +9 locations
Guest focused, fast-paced service with a smile. Your workday will fly. Our guests are the best and we do whatever it takes to make their visit a pleasant one
Productive workplace with community involvement and individual praise
Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 6, 2017
The workplace culture at RNDC is very inviting. You really feel like a large family there. A typical day would simply involve arriving at 9am to prepare for the day. Between 9 and noon you might have phone meetings or return emails. At noon, head down to the large kitchen where there is catered lunch, courtesy of RNDC(just one of the many benefits). Between 12:30 and 1:00, you would return to your office and work until the next phone meeting sometime after 4pm. On most days, you will head home around 5pm.
Pros
Free lunches, Excellent benefit package, Community environment, Merit-based advancement
Rndc
Night Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MDNovember 4, 2017
Republic National Distributing Company is a good warehouse job with good pay and great benefits. The hours are long and the work can be pretty intense manual labor when it is busy but if you can handle the work it is worth it. The other employees make the job fun. Being a union warehouse, the other employees are almost like a family.
management
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Byron Center, MINovember 2, 2017
Office manager is very caring and a great to talk with regarding anything and everything. The company gives great benefits and looks out of their employees with a variety of opinions on giving
benefits
Cons
office drama
Productive Environment
Account Receivable Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 30, 2017
I enjoyed working at RNDC. The supervisor and my co-workers were wonderful. It was always a team effort. I left the company,because of the distance. I miss the perks.
Pros
Perks
Cons
Distance
Beer Wine and Spirits Brokerage
Retail Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 29, 2017
This company was a solid place to start in outside sales. Good training and culture among the workforce. Decent communication within the company helps when working with customers.
Challenging to move up if you are not in sales
Technical Systems Administrator I (Current Employee) –  Jessup, MDOctober 24, 2017
If you are a professional that is not operating within the sales or sales support track, moving upward is difficult. The corporate office is located in Atlanta and achieving a position in the management ranks will require you to move to Georgia.
A great place to work with great people
Human Resources Payroll and Benefits, Manager (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Bch, FLOctober 23, 2017
RNDC was a great company to work for. I learnt so much in my tenure there. I move from being Payroll Administrator to their HR and Payroll Manager. It was hard work, a lot of work but very rewarding. One of my favorite jobs I have had.
Starting pay is ok, but benefits and raises are a joke
Warehouse Receiving Associate (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, SCOctober 18, 2017
Management and co workers all seem to be good people. Expect to be cleaning up tons of broken glass. Raises are around 40 cents annually. made 13.00 an hour, had to cancel my 401k because they were taking $80 out of my check, Health insurance takes $45 and has a $1500 deductible so it's almost useless.
Pros
Free lunch occaisionally
Cons
Worthless benefits, pay should be higher
Fast Paced Sales Environment
Dedicated On Premise Wine Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 15, 2017
Most day's consist of developing relationships with customers and trying to fulfill goals assigned by management for particular supplier case goals. I've learned time management, more vineyard and grape growing knowledge and how to plan my business then execute my plan. This companies culture is to provide the best service to our customers while also having lots of fun doing it. The hardest part of the job is meeting expectations each and every month of both buyers, suppliers and management; all are asking for different needs. The most enjoyable part of the job is the freedom to essentially make my own schedule and there are great perks to selling wine; trips, sampling amazing products from around the world and meeting wine makers.
Pros
Free education, making own schedule
Cons
very competitive, stressful
Fast pace marketing and sales! Fun!!
Promoter/Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 11, 2017
Amazing adventures learning and teaching about wines and spirits!! Meet all kinds of clients from all over the world, promote for celebrities, local wineries and local venders.
Pros
tasting all the new and old products on the market, learning the process.
Cons
working different locations all the time
High paced and appreciative management. Goal driven environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 10, 2017
I enjoyed my tenure at Republic. Really appreciated the opportunity I was given for advancement. Sales are all commissioned based and you and a lot of room to make extra money plus win trips.
Pros
Advancement opportunity is extremely high
Cons
Work/life balance is difficult to control
Fast paced
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 9, 2017
A typical work day would be in the warehouse where it is hot and most of the time over worked. High expectations and understaffed. Same for night shift the turnover rate is very high because very physically demanding.
Pros
Great company overall, great managers
Cons
Fast paced, high demand