Independent Pharmacy is looking for a bilingual pharmacy technician.
The pharmacy technician will assist the Pharmacist at all times to ensure that each customer has a positive shopping experience at the store.
Essential Functions: The pharmacy technician essential functions are as follow:
1. Customer Service
- Greet each customer; assist with their questions and issues on the phone and in person. Obtain and enter patient information in the system, maintain customer/patient confidentiality
- Help translate for Spanish only speaking patients.
- Operate a cash register including: cash and charge transactions;
- bagging merchandise,
- insurance signature logs and offer/refer questions to Pharmacist
- Retrieve, count and measure drugs (except CIIS), cap and uncap vials and bottles
- Retrieve and file pharmacy prescriptions in the appropriate files and assist Pharmacist with checking in and pricing drug orders (except CIIS)
- Maintain inventory levels, pull outdated/recalled merchandise
- Refer all doctor’s calls and customer’s medical questions to Pharmacist
- Assist the Pharmacist with all third party transactions including the completion of any paperwork
- Maintain the Pharmacy Department: fill Pharmacy supplies, vacuum dust; wipe counter tops; clean sink and settee area; straighten administration area; clean baker units; empty trash
- Complete Pharmacy paperwork, maintain daily/weekly logs