Republic Services Employee Reviews

Don't do it, Man!!
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAAugust 3, 2013
When I interviewed with the company in December 2010, I was certainly sold a great bill of goods: good benefits, work-life balance, ability to telecommute, and the hours were only tough during closing. Once I got there, however, things changed within a week. I immediately picked up on a "vibe" of mistrust and fear. I quickly learned that the Staff Accountant position at Allied Waste - at least as it pertains to the Seatle area - has most of the accounting duties placed squarely on its shoulders: Most of the closing, all SOX testing, all account reconciliations (a very complex and overly-detailed process), inventory, and (at least at the time) all the accounts payable for the divisions. I frankly am still not sure what the division Controller actually did. This is in addition to the budgeting process which is, at best, cumbersome and ultimately not worth the inordinate amount of time put into it, because you ended up being given a certain bottom line number and you were expected to work to that number, rather than reality. This made for long days, fear of reprisal if you made even the smallest error, and constant worry about not getting things done on time and the repurcussions that would follow. The Controller at the time had been with the company for many years, 5 years at that division, and was the most inconsistent, beligerant and angry manager I've ever worked for. Because she had been there a while she felt she was absolutely untouchable. She could be nice one day, and in a complete rage the next, and treated me and everyone in other departments with complete disrespect,  more... as if yelling at people is what you needed to do to get what you wanted. I said something to her about it around month 3 of my tenure, and although she said she would try to be better, the same issues would occur within a week. I complained to her supervisor, who listened and understood, and ultimately a decision was made to fire her. Unfortunately for me, it was 10 days after I left, and after 8 months of me bringing things to management's attention. The Collections Supervisor they hired was equally difficult to work for. I estimate that I worked close to 250 hours of uncompensated overtime during that period, and because it's considered a "professionsal" position in Washington state, there is no overtime, at least according to Allied. I would have a potential claim of over $7,000 in additional compensation because I can make a case that it really wasn't a profession position in the purest sense of the law, but did not pursue it because ultimately I just wanted the company out of my life. This is all on top of the fact that you work in an open-office environment, and there's no effort by anyone to try and be quiet or respectful of other people's space, even when you ask for some peace and quiet. In addition, Allied Waste/Republic services seems to think that when things are not going right, someone needs to get fired. While I was there, both the Maintenance Supervisor and General Manager were fired for "incompetence" (I didn;t see any issues, and worked with them very closely). Since I've left, in addition to the Controller, the Operations Supervisor was also fired. All the division needed was for everyone to be put on the same page, and given the chance to succeed. But everyone, from accounting management to operations management at the corporate level, cares about one thing: the bottom line. The division will never make money unless the company starts hiring folks that are nice people as well as passionate about what they do and are willing to work with other departments. If you are interested in pursuing an accounting career, do not do it here. You will be disappointed. Oh, and one other thing: when I made the decision to leave, HR never once contacted me, even though they knew the reasons I was leaving. NOT ONCE.  less
Pros
nothing
Cons
poor pay, horrible working environment
Ops Supervisor Memphis Tn
Ops Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis TnFebruary 1, 2013
I accepted a supervisor position with this company thinking they offered nights and weekends off. When I interviewed with them I stressed this point and was told they firmly believed in a good quality of life mix. I started on MLK day; which is a holiday for the drivers. The management team reported for work on MLK day. On my first day I asked an existing supervisor how many hours a day he averaged. He told me he averaged 15 hours a day. It turns out he was telling the truth. We had to work the Saturday after MLK day and ended up putting in 70+ hours the first week. I noticed that all management above my level took the Saturday off. The supervisors were the only group forced to put in a 6 day week. The next week the 15+ hour days continued. When I got home I had time to eat and go to bed. This left you with an average of 5 to 6 hours of sleep a night. The hourly group had very low morale and even went on strike while I was there. The strike forced the supervisors into a 7 day work week without any days off for 12 days and a total of 180 hours. The operation was in complete chaos and upper management hammered me and another new supervisor without mercy . Both of us ended up resigning in less than two weeks. My experience with this company was nothing short of a disaster. When you divided your salary by hours worked, you realized you were making less than the hourly group. After I was in place I also realized there were no paid holidays off. When a holiday fell on a week day you worked on the following Saturday. There was no work / family balance for the frontline supervisor.  more... You went to work, ate and tried to get some sleep. The supervisors with tenure looked like Zombies and seemed completely burned out. I am a very experienced leader and I have managed numerous operations. I can tell you I have never seen anything like this. When I attempted to discuss this with upper management it fell on deaf ears. My partner and I had a lot to offer this operation and they ignored us. They want good little foot soldiers who are willing to sacrifice their life for the company.  less
Pros
5 personal days and 5 vacation days the first year.
Cons
everything else
The worst experience of my life
manager (Current Employee) –  fairfax, vaSeptember 27, 2013
Republic Services claims that people are their 2nd highest priority and that they are committed to investing in them to ensure their success. This is a façade, which is confirmed with the quantity of turnover they have and continue to experience. Read the multitude of reviews that echo this within and they will confirm Republic’s lack of sincerity. How many Fortune 500 companies terminate their employees (many with extensive tenure) for no reason at a moment’s notice (I encourage confirmation as it is abundant from the bottom to the top). The immoral, unethical and irresponsible behaviors are abundant throughout, which can be seen even at the local Republic level, where a GM hired his son-in-law as a supervisor within his own regime. Good luck to you if you dare to express your concerns and present constructive criticism (don’t drink his or his cronies Kool-Aid), as you will be fired. Republic’s lack of professionalism and inability to overcome the complications of the merger with Allied (which occurred 5 years ago) are evident, as they are continuing to struggle with even the most simple applications. If you desire to go to work every day with anxiety, depression, apprehension, fretfulness and hopelessness associated with whether your job is secure, I would highly recommend that you work for Republic Services. Hopefully, the board of directors will recognize that this tactless, hot headed, uneducated CEO is running this company into the ground before it is too late. Lastly, how many CEO’s of 8 billion dollar companies are mandated to undergo anger management classes in order  more... to retain their job? Do you think there is something wrong here!?! Run for the hills………………….  less
Pros
looking for alternative employment
Cons
too many, so refer to comments within review
One of the most dysfunctional company I ever worked for.
Driver helper (Former Employee) –  arlington txAugust 21, 2014
When I got hired I was told how great this company is. How great the benefits are. You get interview by 3 people when you go in for the interview. They ask you all these dumb questions standard nowadays. I was hired as a driver helper. They told me I would make anywhere between 500 and 800 a week. Typical days was starting at 6 till you finished with your route. Not that hard of a job. I worked here for 4 months never once had a paycheck over 500 Dollars. The managers are really lazy. Don't care about their workers. Everything is put on the driver's I seen at least 4 driver quit in the 4 months I worked there. Always hiring new employees that never work longer then a month. You really have no family life. It's just work work work. After working here 4 months I couldn't afford to work here any longer so I found a better paying job. One of the worst places I ever worked. I'm thankful that the Lord blessed me with a better opportunity. Their are a lot of unhappy employees working for this company. All I heard from other employees was complaining about the job. It seem like everyone working there was looking for a way out like it was jail. They would give each other job leads. Never in my 38 yrs have I ever seen so many unhappy employees working for a company. This company really need to step back and look at what their doing. I never hated a job till I got this one. I hate to talk bad about this company but it's the truth. You work way to much for the little pay they give you. Sometimes I had to work on my day off just to make it. You'll work between 50 to 60 hours for a 450 dollar  more... check. Don't work here  less
Pros
free lunch and drinks
Cons
long hours, no family time, low pay, management don't care
The worst experience of my life.
Customer Servive Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte NCAugust 23, 2013
The environment in that company is so angry. All supervisors treat you terribly. They have a face in front of management but as soon the manager turns the corner is like a switch! They're unhappy, rude, haters, and never available to help you of you need anything job related. They'd humiliate you on any given opportunity. The manager is a puppet manipulated by one of the most hateful woman I've ever met in my life. The poor guy doesn't have a mind of his own. All employees are angry and unhappy too. They're rude on the phone with each other but I don't blame them the supervisors are super rude on the phone when they explain something to you when they finally answer! Their system is arkaic, old, and their moto is we manage this business as we go. They tell you one thing on the interview, we dont measure that, we like to have fun, BS!!!! Dare anybody to even try to have a laugh there! They don't let you breathe. You feel suffocated. Don't even dare to make friends and talk to your coworkers then the supervisors will be there to tell you something.FORGET about teamwork! You get 30 mins lunch and there's not even a place walking distance there to buy your lunch when you couldn't bring any. And the breaks are very short. Most call centers give you 2 20mins breaks here you get 2 15mins and 30 you feel like you can't take a breather.Ah! And the politics! Almost everyone is a backstabber rat ...everyone for themselves! And FORGET about growing its all personal not business and nothing about how good of a job you do!
Pros
schedules
Cons
management, environment, short breaks, pay, politics, opportunities...
More Exceptions than rules
Gate Attendant/ Scale Operator (Current Employee) –  Brook, IndianaOctober 19, 2014
I have the opening shift. This begins with filing the previous days manifest paperwork and verifying if other papers were filed correctly. Turning on CB radios and transferring files on the PC. I scale trucks inbound and review their load and verifying all signatures are there to accept the load. There is also coordination and communications with the trucks as well as the operators on the landfill.
I have learned more about multitasking as well as time management. I have also learned more patience. There may be a line of trucks waiting to scale in and that can be daunting to look at. I focus on the trucks on the scale and working as best as I can without letting the line of trucks overwhelm me.
Management communicates with us and is always a good resource to talk to if there are any questions.
I get along with my co-workers, but one does make the environment more hectic than it needs to be. I do feel better when she leaves for the day.
I do enjoy seeing the drivers. They are usually pleasant and friendly and glad to see our happy faces as well. I stay as happy and pleasant as I can be to have a good work environment. I figure since being in the workplace for 8 hours, that I might as well enjoy my time there. I try to be considerate and helpful for others as best as I can.
Pros
catered lunches periodically, good amount of overtime if you want it.
Cons
short breaks, hourly wage is deficient, not really any growth in this position.
Not good
None (Former Employee) –  Inver grove mnApril 17, 2015
I interviewed for a position of Fleet Maintenance supervisor that was and has been posted, working with their principal recruiter Cass Muncy, as Republic contacted me. When I got to the interview, NONE of the staff members were dress appropriately what so ever for being managers. And they did the bait and switch telling me this position is for a leed mechanic position.. This company is a JOKE ! ! ! and they keep RE POSTING the same position ! ! !

Fleet Maintenance Supervisor
Republic Services - Inver Grove, MN
The Fleet Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for supervising a maintenance shop that is under the umbrella responsibility of an on-site Maintenance Manager. The Fleet Maintenance Supervisor’s responsibilities include supervising a technician (mechanic) team responsible for preventive maintenance/repair of a fleet; machinery that supports a post-collection facility; repair/maintenance of equipment that services the container shop; and providing direction to technicians to ensure that all repairs/maintenance to equipment (trucks -- diesel and alternate fuel, containers and other heavy duty equipment) are performed in compliance with Company safety and compliance standards, and with all federal and state regulations. The Fleet Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for planning and scheduling repair work for the work group to ensure that all work is done in a safe and timely manner, reducing lost productivity.
Worst company I have ever worked for
Residential Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 3, 2013
Company talks about safety and that's all it is, TALK. it's all about getting trash as fast as you can so that the GM gets a big bonus. Upper Management could care less about anyone but themselves. Their work day is about 7 to 8 hours, the average Supervisor works a 14 hour day. if you complain about it they fire you. You are constantly told to push the workers harder. Anything to do with Safety is pencil whipped, the worst training programs I've ever seen. New Supervisors are given two weeks of training then it's sink or swim. Don't waste your time with this company unless you want to learn to lie, cheat and treat the customers like dirt. Not to forget you will no longer have a life. Weekends, Holidays and personnel days..gone. You are nothing more than a number, just don't expect anyone to remember what your number is. They just don't care. Don't get me started on the equipment, if your lucky your truck won't loose all of oil until the second part of the day, and those are the new trucks. The old trucks are ticking time bombs. Over half of the fleet has no working AC in them, real nice when the outside temp is over 115. Biggest problem with the company is Allied Waste and their attempt to bring back slavery, pay you for 40 hours but work you 70 plus hours and look you in the face and say be thankful you have a job. Trust me when I say STAY AWAY! it's not worth it.
Cons
everything starting with the ceo and all of his puppets

Comment – July 6, 2013

ive been trying to get in since i been 18 years old and i cant get my food in help me out plz

I bet jail would be better than republic services
Driver (Current Employee) –  Chesterton, INOctober 2, 2013
If you would like to be disrespected on an daily basis and treated like your in preschool and don't have a brain in your head, this is the perfect place to be employed at. Supervisor's here don't have a clue to how to manage people and will never be productive in a positive way. And recently, a supervisor that doesn't follow any republic protocall towards how to act on accidents/injuries was promoted to a higher position that he cannot perform either. There are meetings after meetings on how we should be doing our job and how to do it safely, but yet the managment team we have never lets us work safely, they continue to harass us verbally and mentially to where we don't wanna be at work. And to dwell on safety, that is pounded into our heads daily, but that never is the truth. This company is never worrried about safety, they are more and always be worried about how fast it is done and how quick they can get the manpower off the clock and safety never matters, just ask our current route auditor that question and then ask our current ops manager if he understands rules and english and how he didn't follow one guide line when safety of a fellow employee didn't matter and how certain steps were overlooked and mis guided and mis informed and falsely filled out and now have a route auditor that will never be the same again!!
Pros
still trying to think of one
Cons
don't have enough time in the day to list them all!!!
Depends on What You're Looking For
corporate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 14, 2013
Ever since the Allied/Republic merger, more and more benefits and perks were taken away every year. No lunch, no health day, no Christmas eve or NYE off, no holiday parties. Part of the attraction to the job to begin with was the benefits. The culture still suffers from the epic Allied vs Republic internal struggle. If you want a low level, low paying job to be in forever and never advance, if you like 1% annual increases, this may be the place for you.
Internal advancement is limited to long term brown-nosers, never mind skill and ability. This is very apparent in certain departments to the point where most of the line employees want to quit but with the weak economy, they deal with the misery. There will be a mass exodus when that changes.
Most managers are terrible leaders, have no idea how to treat people or how to cultivate employees into better performers. The very worst characteristic of upper management is that they do not support departments' plans and goals. Field personnel do as they please, regardless of what the company's direction and goals are. Corp management will not enforce company policy on them at all. When an annual increase depends on implementing a process/program and no one will follow it, it makes YOU look bad. It's very "good ol' boys network". So, if you're a "good ol' boy", welcome home.
Pros
salaried work schedule is flexible, you can work as long as you see fit
Cons
everything else
Poor pay, poor trucks, poor job
Commercial Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXFebruary 27, 2014
Sadly when I took this job it was a step up from my previous trucking job or so I thought. The hiring process was a complete joke I had to complete the same job application three times before they could even process it because the managers didn't know what they were doing. After getting hired i had to ride shotgun in a truck for a month and half before I could even drive due to there training program. After was able to start driving I soon discovered how poorly maintained the trucks are. They were always braking down, having motor oil and hydraulic oil spills or catching on fire. I was assigned a truck that was too small for me and I was forced to drive it even though I couldn't see out of the mirrors. After months of driving this small truck my back got injured from all the twisting and turning I had to do in the seat. After the injury I saw how much management does not follow policy at all they pick what policies they want to follow and ones they don't. Management always has two supervisors present when talking to an employee behind closed doors. You feel bullied and you know that it doesn't matter what they tell you because they can change what ever they told you and it would be two against one.

In short Republic is a bad company to work for they are twisted and only care about upper management and not the drivers. Don't work here unless you are part of a union.
An ok job.
Line Lead (Former Employee) –  seattle,waJune 17, 2013
The typical day at work consists of clocking in and immediately walking in to the plant. I would then go to the computer and start the plant from a main computer ,the drum feeder to the aluminum blower and everything in between would begin to run. From that point on I was expected to segregate material from a conveyor into the appropriate bin. If something jammed up, I would go inside and fix the problem. From these things I learned how to stand in one spot for hours, work with people from different origins and descents (some didn't speak English), Fix problems as they arose, how to be a team player and all of this while practicing safety at all costs. Management tells you that there is room for upward mobility unfortunately the years I worked there I wasn't told of any other positions I could move into. Coworkers were probably the best part of the job and as we all got used to each other it became easier to understand them and work as a team. The hardest part of the job is constantly having to work in an unhealthy environment. Dust masks are provided as well as gloves, hard hat, and safety glasses but it didn't stop some of the dust from getting in nor does it stop needles from poking you or feces from getting on you.
Pros
good benfits
Cons
breaks were sometimes combined and you would have to work through 3 or 4 hour time periods, very hard to move up within the company.
Key Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 15, 2015
The company itself has great potential. We are the largest waste and recycling hauler in California. Typically I would deal with service issues (missed pickups, damages to property) or lower competitive bids. My job would be to maintain the business through my personable relationship and swift resolutions to customer concerns. Because of my ability to swiftly handle customer needs, I often found my self probing for additional business from satisfied customers. I learned to follow a "T" cold call approach with each account I would visit. This approach - knocking on the doors to the left, right and behind the client - allowed me to put up numbers that would rival most new business reps. My co-workers often praised me and my efforts. As a division were often in competitions with neighboring divisions and often won because of my numbers. The hardest part of the job was managing the size of the portfolio given. I was responsible for over 1,200 accounts. It was very difficult to make proactive visits while handling the pressing matters at hand. The most enjoyable part of the job, was enabling clients to become more eco friendly and showing them ways to divert waste from landfill making the world a better place.
Pros
altruistic contribution to the environment
Cons
management, health care, company directions
Revolving Door. Don't waste your time!
Commercial Operations Supervisor/ Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Commerce City, CONovember 6, 2012
3 years and 3 General Managers hired and fired!
3 years and 2 different HR Managers
3 years and 3 different Sales Managers

One year I watched 36 of 50 office employees let go throughout the year. The employees had been replaced and half of them let go throughout the year again.

A typical day involves finger pointing through email to try to keep your job.

Sales, Operations, & Customer Service have very high turn around due to constant backstabbing employees are very nervous and I have seen two nervous breakdowns in the sales department and an ambulance had to be called in.

16 hour work days common in operations and it is a salary job.

Drivers do a good job overall but take the blunt of all issues.

Drivers do not take management seriously because they know that they will be let go within a year or two.

An employee once told me "It is not a matter if you will be fired, it is just a matter of when."

Everything I have posted was pointed out to me when I started or related throughout my career there or seen first hand. There is a lot more but even the military guys had been let go so it is not a matter of how tough you think you are this is a bad place to be.
Pros
you will learn how not to do things
Cons
too many, backstabbing, lying, on your own, sick feeling going to work

Comment – December 8, 2012

If you want to make your work place better learn to work as a team.I started throwing trash curbside 31 years ago under BFI. I have seen a lot of bosses come and go some good some bad. If you want to be one of the good ones learn from each, apply yourself and let your work speak for itself. When you get the opportunity step up and lead by example treat every one fairly. Set your ego aside and work with every one no matter what line of business they work in.That is how you end up working at the best division in all of republic services for 2011. If all you want to do is complain about others without learning to work as a team you will never succeed no matter were you go.

This was a learning and ehancing leadership ability in the rearview mirror of my life.
Residential and commercial (CDL) Class A driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 22, 2014
This was a place that help advance my skills as a leader, without the authoritative position. I had my difficult times but overall as I was learning, and trying to keep up my part of the social contract with the company; I wanted more challenges. This would have to be the only drawback for me; with not being given the chance to advance and be recognized as a person in positional authority; to enhance upon the leadership skills. I fell ill in April 2011 and could not walk or use my hands I had chronic Rheumatoid arthritis. I suffered with the form of arthritis for 5 years before it became chronic. They tried to help me out at work, by letting me park near my truck, until the one day I could not even get dressed for work, this is why I said the job was a secure job/ but advancing opportunity was a motivational factor I needed also. A new drug saved my life called Humara, this is a self-injection medication. I am walking again in the gym working on flexibility, and I believe I am now ready to get back into the work force, as all of this had afforded me the chance to go back to school and get a degree, to go with my many years of leadership experience.
Pros
self-monitoring autonomy
Cons
no advancement opportunities
Horrible Place to Work
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Crown Point, INAugust 28, 2013
Hours are fine, a normal 8-5. The computer system is out dated and not user friendly, to say the least. This is not much of a dispatching position but more of a data entry position with minimal dispatching. Management, or lack there of, are hardly ever on site. Yet your worthiness of the job is determined by them....?... The other 2 dispatchers are "know it all's", sneaky, and caddy. Everyone is out to get every one. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the other employee's. The driver's are union and for the most part very nice. Bc there are only 2 other dispatchers, any time someone takes vacation or PTO your hours will change and your work load doubles. You have to pick up the other dispatchers work. Sounds like a team environment, but is anything but. If you get hired for this position at the crown point location, watch your back! Ask the driver's, they don't like getting to know anyone there bc they say, "they never stay". There really isn't room for advancement in the dispatching area, but if you have experience in other areas that are related to their other positions, there maybe. Good luck to the next one!
Pros
free lunch once/month.
Cons
unorganized, no breaks w/out complaints, poor management, co-workers think their your boss
Great company - just not good environment to work in
Payroll/Kronos Time & Attendance (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 15, 2013
A typical day at work for me constist of working very closely with the field and the payroll admins. Helping and assisting them with any and all issues they have on a daily basis.
Management good is ok, not a lot of aknowledgement on a job well done. If you put in that extra time or really try to show progress, it really does go unnoticed. My co-workers good, everyone willing to do what they can to help out if needed.
Hardest part of the job is when you keep getting more work added to your desk but then are told you can't work overtime to get it done. I really love a challengine myself so I really do whatever I can to complete any task.
Most enjoyable part of my job is knowing I have helped someone with an issue that just seemed impossible. I have great customer services and my customers are the field employees and the PA's. They are always make it a point to let me know how much I've helped them. Makes you feel like you can do anything and makes you willing to go that extra mile. Just give a little complement. It truly does go a long way.
Pros
great benefit and compensation package.
Cons
pay scale not good, no advancement
this is a horable place to work dont waste your time
driver (Former Employee) –  edwardsville, ILJune 12, 2013
They are an anti-union company and would rather starve their employees out than give them fair wages. I worked there for nearly 10 years and only made $4 more when I left than when I started. They have awful mangement and benefits. You will be overworked for a disapointing check. They will also use anything they can to fire you. They have a three strike accident policy that doesn't matter if the cost is $1 or thousands. Even if you offer to pay for the damages yourself. Their healthcare benifits are expensive if you have a family for poor coverage and they wouldn't give my wife life insurance because she is on meds. This is a hostile place to work with a constant war between the company and its union employees. Their 3 year contract will run out this Oct. where they will intimidate you not to strike by bringing in a higher paid group of workers they call the blue crew to do your job if you strike. And will lock you out and refuse to negotiate or force you to work without a contract for about 6 months before they agree to about a 2% raise and higher insurance costs to you.
Pros
its a pay check
Cons
just about everthing else
overall great place to work all though needs improvement in areas
diesel technician (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCMarch 25, 2012
Repair any and all equipment writen up on the drivers vcr book and run roadcalls if needed, perform brake jobs,driveline repair,electrical repair,and body repair. I have picked up more electrical knowledge since my employment and understand more with the systems we run and overall. The shop foreman is a great man who will listen to ideas and ways to improve production and will also advise ways to better yourself and make your job better. My coworkers vary in experience and we all work together to complete the tasks needed to get the job done. The hardest part of my job would be electrical reapirs to to the constant debris from the garbage and wear and tear on the vehicles, the companys we use have made several changes to improve there wiring harnesses to prevent damage but it's still is a constant issue. The fellowship you get from the people you work with and the guys from other shifts we pick and play every now and then to keep the day moving in between jobs.
Pros
safety dinners, serious but easy going attitudes
Cons
not alot of advancement, unequal treatment in areas
Fast paced call center with focus on customer satisfaction
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 14, 2014
On a daily basis each representative handled a high volume of incoming customer calls. We set up new residential customers for trash and recycling services and industrial roll off accounts for construction work. In addition, we processed payments and assisted with collection of delinquent payments. We assisted residential, commercial and industrial customers with general service questions and resolved issues per our customer satisfaction standards. We used an AS400 system for customer processing along with our bill pay system and also offered support for our online system. This was a very supportive team environment with great management involvement. The most difficult part of the job was gaining a new citywide area and helping the customers transition to a service that was new to them. The most enjoyable part of the job was to be able to provide superior service so that our customers felt comfortable, valued, proud to be our customer and happy to refer their friends and family.