Republic Services Employee Reviews

Featured review
Republic Services selected this as a representative review
Great work place
Sales Coordinator, Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VADecember 2, 2017
Excellent place to work at. They care for their employees and make sure that you are happy in the environment. They literally become your family and want you to succeed
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Flexibility
Productive and fun workplace with a foosball table
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fishers, INDecember 11, 2017
I have no actual review as I still work there and enjoy the atmosphere. There is plenty of work to do and plenty of opportunities to learn. More opportunities to promote.
Great company
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasDecember 11, 2017
Great company to work for, however local GM will determine culture and longevity. Very challenging position with excellent growth opportunities under right leadership, local management. Company focus is on positive engagement and working to insure positive work life balance even though job consumes 11+ hours per day.
Overworked and stressful
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 10, 2017
Work 12-16 a day, very minimal training, incompetent managers, and dealing with rude drivers. Tasks are repetitive and personal development is uncommon.
Pros
Compensation is reasonable
Cons
Long hours and no training.
My day at Republic services
Roll-Off Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Revere, MADecember 9, 2017
You arrive early every day. your responsibilities include a pre inspection of your truck and equipment, also coordinating your route. during the day you can expect to encounter many customers, it is important to maintain a positive working relationship with all. then you drive your route safely and efficiently as possible. you must come into the day rested and focused. do your very best to be independent but ask for help if needed. co workers are good go to people when you need advise so a good working relationship is a must. Then at the end of the day post trip and any necessary must be completed and then see you tomorrow!! lol
Pros
all the ot you can handle
Cons
mandatory 60 hr per week
Republic Services takes pride in helping lead the industry.
Change Agent (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 8, 2017
Republic Services possesses much opportunity for good management talent willing to move. The environment is demanding but rewarding to those who embrace program management
I liked all aspects of the project I completed...
Senior Instructional Designer/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  ScttsdaleDecember 8, 2017
The project at Republic Services was one of the best I've had the pleasure of working on:
great people and product
autonomous management style
management open to change, remote work acceptable
Pros
Cons
Project timeline too short
Customer Resource Consultant (Promoted) (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 6, 2017
A great company invest deeply in employees work experience . provided tool to train you in a successful position with opprottunity of advancing with in the company
Pros
Multiple employee value jesters
Cons
Very short.breaks
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale FloridaDecember 6, 2017
The best part of the job was the female employee we're very easy let's just say that. That was the best thing about the job an employee that was a driver can have any female in that office they are very friendly to the drivers what an added bonus it was working there
Pros
Female employees
Cons
Management suck
Great pay and relaxed atmosphere
Resident Route driver (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MODecember 5, 2017
I really enjoy being out on my own all day doing my residential route. As long as you do your job the way management expects then your good! No complaints!!
Pros
Good money and relaxed work environment
Cons
None!
productive
Driver (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, SCDecember 5, 2017
management right now needs improving the most enjoyable part of this job is meeting new customers..the hardest part of this job is being slowed down because of traffic in the city
Great Company
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLDecember 4, 2017
Great place to work and advance in a career. If you work hard and show up for work every day with the intent to do your best. If you have a positive attitude with management and your team. You can go far at this company.
If you work hard this is the place to go.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Bartow, FLDecember 4, 2017
Great place to work. People are good at what they do their. Keep up and pay attention. The supervisor was my only downfall. I didn't want to go into full depths .
Great money tuff job.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Carnegie, PADecember 4, 2017
If you can get into the union and drive commercial frontload the pay is amazing. The roll off department pays great as well. Be prepared to work hard if your are in residential or commercial rearload.
Pros
Great money
Cons
Little time spent with family because of exhaustion.
No time for a life outside of work
Cus. Serv & Inside Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 3, 2017
Pay is inconsistent and unfair (race/gender)
Expected work hours far exceed salary
Executive staff is unaware as to what happens in the field locations
Don't expect a life outside of work
Great Company To Work For
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasDecember 2, 2017
Best job I have ever had, Great company, leadership from the top down, unlimited potential if you are willing to work and don’t expect a handout. Team players.
Pros
Great Benefits, Decent Pay, unlimited Potential for Promoting
Cons
No company Vehicles
Poor leadership
Manager, Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 1, 2017
The environment, at least for managers, is not collaborative at all. Everyone is very territorial and leadership is poor. I would not recommend Republic Services as a place to work for Human Resources professionals.
Experience differed on who your supervisor was
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INNovember 30, 2017
My own supervisor was amazing to work for but when a supervisor of different departments tried to step in things could get rocky. My department just had to let it roll off our shoulders.
Cons
Healthcare was expensive
productive and fun place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCNovember 30, 2017
answering multiple line phone, sorting mail, greeting people upon arrival faxing coping
management was the best
having to leave
friends and coworkers
Pros
hour long lunch benefits
Cons
having to leave
one of the best employments of my careers
Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 30, 2017
Loved my Job at Republic Services, started there as a CSR, then to Dispatch and worked in Accounts Receivable and then to the last position I held was in Accounts Payable, if they didn't eliminate the position and moved it to our corporate office in Phoenix I would still be at Republic and loving what I do.
Pros
love the people I worked with, my supervisor all the managers where very respectful and appreciated everyone.
Cons
not relly no problems other maybe sometimes the lack of communication.
Terrible management
Swing Driver (Former Employee) –  Flint, MINovember 28, 2017
Don't work for them! It is a terrible work environment, with unbelievably terrible management! Such a joke! Always the management against the employees, never a team effort.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Republic Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9