Republic Services Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
SALES REPRESENTATIVE/SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OhioFebruary 17, 2017
Great Benefits and compensation. Bonus and recognition for job well done. Training as needed is adequate. Feels like a family, all the people are friendly and caring.
Pros
Compensation and benefits
Cons
expectations and goals
Overall good company
Territory Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 16, 2017
Generally good company to work for, with good people. Yet, this will likely depend on which branch you work for. As long as you are dependable and work hard there is room for growth.
So far so good
Relief Driver (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSFebruary 16, 2017
Since day 1 they have treated me with respect and provide with the tools to succeed. I get paid more to do less manual labor but at the same time I've been trained on more equipment that makes life easier in this business.
Pros
Great relationship between management and drivers
Cons
Benefits are a little expensive compare to what i had
Unhealthy environment
Sales (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVFebruary 15, 2017
No onboard training for new hires and no one gets promoted. Employees either resign or get terminated. Ridiculous amount of turnover. There is no work/life balance. They work drivers to the brink of hours of service violation. The employees stab each other in the back, and look for reasons to discipline and push people out the door, rather than coach and mentor. Negative energy and low morale are the norm. No policy, process or procedure in place for anything. Management shoots from the hip, and makes decisions based on bias, opinion, mood and feelings. Too much finger pointing and fixing blame. Everyone has an axe to grind and is beyond miserable. Technology is 1980's. Way too much paper. The trucks are a joke - they wait until a next month or quarter rolls around in order to fix anything - for budget reasons. No holidays - they work on Saturdays to make up for it. The pay and benefits are decent, and are the only reasons people stay. Everything else is a giant mess.
Pros
Benefits and wages
Cons
Everything else
High stress
Garbage Refuse Driver/Collector (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTFebruary 13, 2017
Start day at 5am. Work through lunch to get your route completed. Equipment routinely has breakdowns, thus making it difficult to complete the route. If route is not completed that day you must return the following day and finish it, then you can start the new route for that day. Now you will be behind on your route for the rest of the week. Company has a policy that if you call in sick more than 4 times in year then you receive a Disciplinary Write up
Pros
Home Daily
Cons
Pay, 12 hr shifts
Fun in West Texas; horrible in Dallas
Commercial Sales/Contract Negotiations (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 13, 2017
Started working at location in Lubbock (BFI) and it was great. Management was great and job was fun and relaxed. Transferred to Dallas where it was nothing by lying, tricking customers, and trying to get as much money out of customers no matter what the costs.
I was let go because I am a Christian and I refused to go into a strip club (Baby Dolls) and sell to them. That sales manager was later fired, so it's probably a lot better place to work now.
Pros
Outside sales
Cons
Not very honest back then
Great experience
Residential Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Winder, GAFebruary 13, 2017
Everyone was very helpful. A very nice and friendly work environment. Very flexible hours. A very good experience. I got work according to my schedule outside of work. Supervisor was very understanding and worked with me.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No benefits
Okay company.. Was sort of left on a wire for a long time.. needed certain equipment to complete job successfully and wasn't given proper tools
Yard Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, ORFebruary 13, 2017
Lots of freedom, could be my own boss, was able to work on my own without any supervision. Worked with community was a plus.
A great place to work
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXFebruary 12, 2017
This is a great company to work for. They are very professional and courteous . we work as a team and that makes everything work smooth..most of the time
Pros
We receive performance awards monthly
Cons
We are not pay during lunce
Its a great stepping stone for the moment untill the right job with the right pay comes along.
Sorter/Unloader (Current Employee) –  Jacksinville, FlFebruary 12, 2017
Work hard every day to keep your job,but try to find something that fits you and pays more for the type of work that you do. This job is not hard at all but constant. 3am until 2:30pm is the scheduled time to work daily.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Short breaks, long hours, hot smelly enviorment

Want to know more about Republic Services?

Ask a question
It was a good job.
Garbage Man (Former Employee) –  St. Augustine, FLFebruary 10, 2017
I liked working for them, being a garbage man was good I loved doing it , we use to pick up about 1200 houses a day. Some days it use to b really hot some days it was really cold, but it was a great job
semi good work place
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, WVFebruary 9, 2017
good working environment, poor maintenance, busy all day throwing trash bags while on routes, I learned a lot, hardest part is the long 14 hours for most people
Terrible job for pay and horrible management
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Carnegie, PAFebruary 9, 2017
Stay away from this job , not worth the pay and the management is horrible. They don't care for your personal life and they will keep you out all day and force you to help with another route after doing your own. 800-1400 homes per day.
Pros
Cons
Working here
Procutive, fast paced. Good people to work for
Credit/Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicopee, MA 01020February 8, 2017
Very busy all the time. Management is great, fair.
Supervisors very approachable, great to work for.
I enjoyed learning new things there.
Pretty nice people
Trash Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 7, 2017
Worked there had no problems. Just some health issue with my appendix...went back after issues were resolved and my job position was filled.
great company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 6, 2017
great company to work for, answering incoming local calls only assisting with scheduling hauls or industrial, commercial, and residential customers...
Pros
compensation
Decent Pay, but a lot of work and management was not great
Garbage Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Inver Grove Heights, MNFebruary 5, 2017
It was all about the customers before safety. But when you got injured or in an accident, then it was all about safety. Pay and benefits were pretty good. Management didn't care of dangers and tell you to get the stop anyway. They always changing stuff and expect too much.
Pros
Pay/Benefits
Cons
Good place if you like junior high drama
To smart to stay employed there. (Former Employee) –  East Sparta ohioFebruary 4, 2017
East Sparta landfill is a good place if you like Jr high behavior from employees and management. And lets not forget the back stabbing by the employees. Management will swear and degrade you without fear of any serious consequences.
Pros
Job
Cons
Above mentioned
Making the day go by
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  933 frank rd col oh 43224January 31, 2017
Am a very self motivated man very motivated and keeping myself moving all day to keep the customers and bosses happy and making my workday go by by getting things accomplished love welding and making my material very capable of doingetting it's job
Pros
Lunches paid for
Cons
Lunch
Positive atmosphere that fosters a learning environment
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Fishers, INJanuary 30, 2017
We help customers with any questions that they have. Calls range from sending a request to an operation department for our truck to go service someone to helping a customer understand charges on their bill. I have a deeper understanding of patience and adaption. From the director and manager to the supervisors, everyone is extremely helpful. The job requires a lot of understanding and patience, but fortunately, the center is great with answering all questions.
Pros
Positive work environment and room for advancement
Cons
Miscommunication between departments

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Republic Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8