Republic Services Employee Reviews

Worse experience of my life
Customer resource associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 22, 2017
From the moment I walked into the building all of the managers were rude, during training they kept having these meetings with our training class and these people never had a positive thing to say and the worse part is I was hired in thoughts that I would be making $16 an hour to only be making $14 and no one could tell us when it would increase
Constant stress
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 22, 2017
Excellent pay and benefits but the managers micro manage to the point were you fail. They constantly blame drivers for all mishaps. Customers dont adhere to company policies.
Pros
Pay and benefits.
Cons
Stressful work environment
Time for a Change
Parts Clerk/Purchasing (Current Employee) –  N Charleston, SCMay 22, 2017
Time for a Change - I have worked here and will not advance due to no degree, I only have knowledge, I love my job but looking to see what else can be offered.
High energy fast pace very physical job able to work in any weather conditions
Driver of Refuge truck (Current Employee) –  Pontiac, MIMay 21, 2017
Enjoy the people I work with Republic Services I love the work physicalness of it the benefits hard work but with good Rewards excellent insurance with great pay
Pros
Pay with great insurance outdoor work
Cons
Being able to keep the contracts
Gained a lot of experience
LEAD CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 20, 2017
Republic Services was my first serious job. I gained some much experience dealing with difficult customers and employees. Even though the company has job security and pays well it is a dead end job.
Enjoyed this job, however stability due to new management was questionable
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  18500 Allied Way, Scottdale, AZMay 19, 2017
Loved this job and the ability to change lives. Everyday presented new and welcomed challenges, it was great having the opportunity to make a difference in the waste industry.
Pros
Ability to help others
Cons
New management caused department chaos and created an unstable work environment
Very busy and active place to work, family oriented
Gate Attendant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 17, 2017
I love my new job at republic services. It has been a great experience. They have been understanding with working with me with dealing with family issues.
stay away
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMay 17, 2017
working second shift you have no life. overtime is the only thing that makes this job worth it. but if you worked 40 hours a week you wouldn't make squat. job security absolutely no one else wants to work on trash trucks. as for advancement good luck getting a promotion or a raise. terrible management they don't care about your hard work or your credentials you're just a body to fill a spot. very few mechanics that work here know how to fix trucks properly. constant come backs and all the work is put on second shift.
benefits
Cons
everything else
Trash Services Industry
Route Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 15, 2017
Enjoyed this job and raises which came with it. Management communicated with employees well. Had a chance to be involved in suggestions for better efficiency gains for the company to be more profitable. Physically challenging and the hours worked daily were long.
Pros
Pay and ability to move up
Cons
Long hour days of 14 hours or more took a toll on family life
regular job
Utility person equipment operator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 15, 2017
simply put you do your job then go home. if there is an opportunity for overtime it will be offered and you can accept or deny. the pay is great for the work you are required to do.
adventurous job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCMay 15, 2017
pre-trip truck, grab route, partner and necessary tools for job (trash bags, garbage cans, gloves etc.), then start route. completion depends upon you.
Pros
adventurous, physical job keeps you in shape
Cons
stinky, smelly trash, dreadful landfill, chase by dogs
fast paced
Industrial Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 14, 2017
Dispatching for Industrial line of business, assisting other departments through the day. Data entry for end of day completion. Learn the workings of all lines of business with the ability to crossover when needed in all lines of business.
Pros
Pay
Cons
need more of a challenging career
Good environment
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Pontiac, MIMay 14, 2017
Good place of employment. I've worked here for 17years and it has had it's up and down, but overall it's been a good experience. Unfortunately the company is downsizing which will result in me having to find employment elsewhere.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
No 401k
Good pay, Can be home early everyday
thrower/driver (Former Employee) –  Hudson, FLMay 13, 2017
The pay while I was there was per day, no hourly. As long as you got your route done, emptied truck at landfill, and fueled and maintained truck each day you went home as soon as this was all accomplished. Left plenty of time for home or a 2nd job at the end of each day there. Had some incentives to stay late and help finish another route. Had some issues with the new management when they took over, but have heard that most of them are gone now. Would go back if still lived in area.
Pros
If work hard and accuratey can be done early everyday, good pay
Cons
Management at the time I was there
decent work atmosphere
Sanitation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Aledo, TXMay 12, 2017
Pays well and has great benefits. Vacation time is manageable. Management Is the worst side of the company. Training is well performed. Policy follow up is not held to standard.
horrible management
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Robstown, TXMay 12, 2017
Don't expect to move up ever. the work environment and co-workers are very good to get along with but as for management its nothing but a bunch of back stabbers and people that don't know what they are doing. Unprofessional and lack of leadership
LAck of communication and adjustmenst to varied markets
Account Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 11, 2017
The most difficult part of this job remains that account managers are not compensated for the work that they do but, rather, are penalized for accounts that they might lose, no matter what the reason. It is not a fair compensation as reps are charged with losses beyond their control, such as business closings and bad debt. This results in a direct loss of income to the rep. Established loss goal are not realistic to the revenue at risk based on account value.
As an example, a loss goal may be $800 per month yet the rep loses an account with revenue of $5000 per month due to a business closing, resulting in no commission for the work that was done as far as retained and or re-signed business.
high stress
Maintenance supervisor (Former Employee) –  Marshall, MIMay 11, 2017
no team work here no support from upper management hard to get techs to stay around. you train them and they leave to day jobs. never ending battle, drivers destroy you fix the drivers run the place
Pros
good pay
Cons
high stress
Massive company with great benefits
Welder, Container Shop (Former Employee) –  Inver Grove Heights, MNMay 8, 2017
They had a very good benefits package. Being such a large company, corporate was so massive you would see changes to your daily routine created by somebody that had no idea of you job and what it entailed. It was a very dirty job. If you just want to be a drone, then more power to you.
Great Place to work
Fleet Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  CalifroniaMay 6, 2017
Great solid company, Great people to work with. Company does a great job taking care of all employees. Cares for there customers and the service they provide.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Republic Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9