Republic Services

Republic Services United States Employee Reviews

Not good
None (Former Employee), Inver grove mnApril 17, 2015
I interviewed for a position of Fleet Maintenance supervisor that was and has been posted, working with their principal recruiter Cass Muncy, as Republic contacted me. When I got to the interview, NONE of the staff members were dress appropriately what so ever for being managers. And they did the bait and switch telling me this position is for a leed mechanic position.. This company is a JOKE ! ! ! and they keep RE POSTING the same position ! ! !

Fleet Maintenance Supervisor
Republic Services - Inver Grove, MN
The Fleet Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for supervising a maintenance shop that is under the umbrella responsibility of an on-site Maintenance Manager. The Fleet Maintenance Supervisor’s responsibilities include supervising a technician (mechanic) team responsible for preventive maintenance/repair of a fleet; machinery that supports a post-collection facility; repair/maintenance of equipment that services the container shop; and providing direction to technicians to ensure that all repairs/maintenance to equipment (trucks -- diesel and alternate fuel, containers and other heavy duty equipment) are performed in compliance with Company safety and compliance standards, and with all federal and state regulations. The Fleet Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for planning and scheduling repair work for the work group to ensure that all work is done in a safe and timely manner, reducing lost productivity.
great atmospher
Residential / Commercial Driver (Former Employee), okc okApril 9, 2015
great people to be around everyone is trustworthy and dependable. leaders lookout for you as long as you do your job. Long hours but well worth it
Managed by greedy, lying hypocrites
Industrial Driver (Former Employee), Kilgore, TXApril 7, 2015
Pros: free unoforms
Cons: Don't care about employees. Management feels they own you.
Lots of forced overtime. They tell you to be legal and in the same breath tell you to break the law. Dangerous poorly maintained equipment and bully management.
DRIVER..............................
Driver (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 2, 2015
Maintained city’s waste which included commercial and residential. Responsible for maintenance on truck and log books according to state and federal laws.
good experience
Route Auditing Internship (Former Employee), Pontiac, MIApril 2, 2015
It was a great opportunity to learn logistics processes and gain experience. Employees and management are easy to talk to and always helpful.
No life
Driver (Former Employee), Bridgeton, MOApril 1, 2015
Pros: HAVING A JOB
Cons: HAVING TO WORK FOR REPUBLIC
They have no concerns about your health or safety. The pay is decent I guess is the only positive but that all depends on whether your boss likes you or not. Just getting your job done SAFELY in 0 degrees or 100 degrees is not enough.
Was Great but Management Changes Ruined Location
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee), San Angelo, TXMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Busy work day
Cons: Unstable / hostile work environment
There are many better choices in West Texas. Choose wisely. A couple years ago was a great place, but with new contract came new management with different agenda. Myself and numerous others were chased away by reading where the location was going.
Busy day but fulfilling.
Learned to watch behind always.
Management has personal agenda that includes good ole boys mentality
50% of co-workers were great others were busy looking for escape plan
I left the company re-hireable, and was even called by upper management for a chance to come back in Lafayette, LA. I was asked to come for interview but was later called and told that even though the GM wanted to meet with me, he was told he could not.
So much for re-hireable, more like shafted due to my knowledge of what really goes on.
unknown
Shop Supervisor (Current Employee), Louisville, KYMarch 27, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
they do not train personnel properly, they need to review and redo their operations for shop and dispatch. They also need to be more hones with people when they hire
long hard hours, no appreciation
Sorter (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IowaMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Starting pay is good
Cons: Sweat shop attitude
Worked there two years and the last four months were bad. My line supervisor decided to target me and yelled at me every chance she got. Got in my face yelling to work faster, get more plastic out. I kept telling her I was moving as fast as I could but she would not let up. There were four of us on that line sorting but I was the only one being harassed. Even after going to the mgr and HR the harassment continued until I couldn't stand it anymore and quit. I applied for unemployment but this company blocked that. Even to this day they say they didn't do anything wrong. News Flash, if something bothers an employee then it is workplace harassment.
A good supervisor or manager would understand that.
great place to work
Driver (Current Employee), Hudson, FLMarch 26, 2015
Great people to work with. They look out for their employees.the hardest part of the day is the throwing 20 tons of trash.this job will help you get into shape they try to bend over backwards for the employees
Work
Waste Helper (Former Employee), Springfield ilMarch 25, 2015
Good place to work poor management.The pay was decent for the work. They take 30 minutes a day out for lunch you never have time to take.
Nice guys to work with/ bad shift hours
Diesel Technician (Current Employee), Tucson, AZMarch 25, 2015
Co workers are great guys, the hours are swing/grave and are a bit hard if you want a family life. Benefits and pay are decent. Management needs work.
great work place
Sorter (Former Employee), Hooksett, NHMarch 24, 2015
Pros: hours
Cons: layoff
great bunch of guys to work with hours were great, fast paced and great workout environment learned a lot about sorting plastic and the different kinds
Not a favorable place to work
employee (Former Employee), Delmar, MDMarch 3, 2015
Poor management on all levels. Treat employees poorly and gouge customers with deceptive business practices. Managers worried about falsifying records to make themselves look good, placing employees in unsafe situations,
The job was hard and never fun
Driver Helper (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INMarch 2, 2015
A typical day at work required driving and assisting in emptying garbage cans throughout the city of Fort Wayne. Our work was hard and it required us to be able to perform at a highly physical level.
Fast paced environment / good people
Tractor trailer driver (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: employee barbecues for rewards
Cons: open to the weather temps
The work most of the time is fast paced. safety is important to this company and there are monthly videos and discussions about safety and compliance. Most of the co-workers are friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job is the repetitive movements and routes. The most enjoyable part of the job is being rewarded with cookouts and catering throughout the year and the monthly celebrations of birthdays.
horrible work conditions
DRIVER (Former Employee), Tucson, AZFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: free boots
Cons: no life with family
Overworked and underpayed. 14 hour work days and don't even make 180 dollars. equipment is so worn out I broke down weekly. I broke down 3 times in 2 trucks one day. bosses here you complain and you're out the door.
Faced Paced
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee), Morocco, INFebruary 18, 2015
Spent most days answering incoming calls. Was assigned to special projects on occasion, including data entry and outbound calls. Worked with an excellent team.
Republic Services
Residential & Liquid Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 9, 2015
Great benefits, typical vacation offered, fair compensation. Management turnover seems to be fairly high at times, which creates a challenge when trying to understand the company's vision since there can be quick changes in leadership.
Very Busy Office
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Current Employee), Revere, MAFebruary 5, 2015
I begin my day at 8:00 am and end the day at 5:00 pm with an hour for lunch, since I am the only AP person in the Revere location, we have several divisions, I am very busy most of the time the day goes by very quickly. This is a divsion of the Corporate Office which is in Phoenix.

We are a very large office with most having offices rather than cubilces. Conversation with others is kept to a minimal since most are extremely busy,

1 2 3 4 5

About Republic Services

Every day, Republic Services empowers more than 30,000 exceptional employees in 39 states and Puerto Rico to do their best work. – Read more

Republic Services Photos