Republic Services Employee Reviews

Toxic Environment
Vendor (Former Employee) –  CorporateOctober 16, 2017
A place with lots of potential and plenty of GOOD people. Unfortunately communication within the ranks are barely existent and most management lacks golden rule ethics.
Overall a good place to make a stepping stone but the attrition rate is ridiculously high and there is a constant thick tension in the air that can be sensed by even visitors.
Pros
Lots of Potential
Cons
"Golden Rule" non existent
Fueler (Current Employee) –  Roosevelt, WAOctober 14, 2017
it is a hour drive to work and a hour home. you put in a 10 hr plus day. the job is stressful because you are expected to do a 2-3 hour service in one hour. you are working on running equipment and trying to be safe about it. They tell you that you are not expected to learned the job in 1 year however you get chewed on when you forget something about the job. you work off a check list that is not correct of the service you are doing.. the learning curve is massive on the equipment if you are unfamiliar with the equipment. the most enjoyable thing is watching all of the cogs of the landfill come together to get the refuse delivered to its final rest place.
Great people to work with
Maintenance Parts Clerk (Current Employee) –  Roosevelt, WAOctober 14, 2017
I have a great group of guys that I work with, always willing to lend a hand when needed. The supervisors and managers are great to work for and with. We are kind of like a family here.
Pros
healtcare, vision, dental, disability, perks, employees
Cons
frequent schedule changes
Love This Place
Operation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVOctober 14, 2017
This is a great place to work, fast pace, co-workers polite and friendly, training, advancement opportunity. Great 401K Plan, life insurance, get paid weekly
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 13, 2017
It was a decent company but not the best compensation. Conflicting information between management and employees. Benefits were not equal to the work performed and we were always getting conflicting information.
Relaxed work environment, not a place to advance your career.
Scale House Operator, land scape laborer (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYOctober 12, 2017
It was a great place to work, relaxed fun work environment management was great. Only reason I resigned from my position was low pay mixed with the expectation that me and my fellow coworkers were to fill in over 72 hours a week after two of the previous employees had to resign and no one had a plan on how to fill their spots. Other than that I enjoyed my employment with republic services and hope everyone at the site is doing great.
Pros
Free lunches occasionaly, Relaxed work place, Recieved a minimum of 40 hours a week.
Cons
Long hours.
Not good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZOctober 11, 2017
Customer service front line services cause for stressful days. Supervisors unwilling to help representative by not standing up for employees and letting managers micromanage supervisors.
Your days vary some are long some are short
Driver (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 11, 2017
A typical day starts pretty early. I have become a much better driver in my time at Republic. The most challenging part of the job is the conditions.
Pros
Work place freedom
Cons
Trucks breakdown frequently
needs better management
Residential Driver (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MAOctober 10, 2017
company and pay are good but have poor management work day is busy and sometimes long. Plus side is your to busy to really notice the time you have been working
Productive and fast-paced workplace with very competent employees
Customer Service Sales Consultant Level 3 (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 10, 2017
A typical work day would be answering 75 or more calls per day assisting customers with establishing new residential, commercial or industrial accounts as well as helping to retain existing customers. I have learned many important skills such as computer, sales and clerical skills. Management was, for the most part, fair and impartial.
The workplace culture was made up of many diverse groups which interacted in a very professional way. The hardest part of my job of my job was maintaining the mentality that the "customer is always right." Even though I did not always agree with the customer's logic, I always had to find a way to satisfy the customer while still generating revenue for the company. The most enjoyable part was knowing that the customer was satisfied and would remain a loyal customer to our company.
Pros
Free lunches, employee benefits and room for advancement
Cons
30 min lunches
Great company
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLOctober 9, 2017
Excellent from the top down. Safety is the number one concern from the CEO to the management team to the operations staff and drivers. Reliable and responsible.
Overall Republic is a Great company to work for
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaOctober 8, 2017
A typical day is none stop trying to make sure all customers are serviced and make sure your team makes it home ok.

My manager sucked at promoting a healthy non toxic environment. He breed turmoil and ruled by fear.

The hardest part of the job putting out the fires my manager set.
and the constant calls for missed garbage.

My Team. Best Crew Ever
Pros
Travel
Cons
Expense reports
My time at republic services
Diesel Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 7, 2017
A typical day at work for Republic was ok when you didn't have 15 different people telling you how to do your job. I did not learn anything different other than what I already knee.
Pros
insurance
Cons
managment, not being upfront with your emplyoees and lying.
good company
Driver / Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCOctober 7, 2017
working in the trash business is hard work & long hrs anywhere but this is the better of the company's out there. there big so they can offer decent pay & benefits yet they don,t micromanage to the extent of the other big trash company,s.
Positive
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Melrose park IllinoisOctober 6, 2017
The culture was a fast paced call center. Inbound calls coming in to the call queue. Individual metric system was kept by management.The workplace was busy but friendly.
Pros
Helping PeopleProblem Solving
Cons
Sometimes having to de-escalate an unhappy customer
Demanding but rewarding
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 5, 2017
Never a dull moment, fast paced change environment. I had the same title for the past 9 years, but never felt I had the same job from one year to the next.
Pros
Good pay and benefits, progressive work culture.
Cons
Demanding, sometimes long hours.
Difficult Place to Work with Excellent Pay and Benefits
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 5, 2017
Overloaded workday with unreasonable expectations from management; Inadequate training, Changing Expectations; Unstable future; Good staff; Excellent pay and benefits
Great environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 4, 2017
The CSR's feel more like a family, yes the call center work is not a "fun" job but your friends make it fun. If you can make it passed the few old people that complain their trash hasn't been picked up by 9AM then you are good to go. great insurance and pay
A fast paced and highly competitive industry
Construction Solutions Exeutive (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAOctober 4, 2017
-Prospecting new customers and managing current customer
-Learned how to quickly processes information and adapting to a
highly diversified client base
Pros
workday freedom and sales training
Cons
frequent changes to admin processes
Fast paced
Data entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAOctober 4, 2017
-Process openings, cancellations, re-instatements, and service changes to accounts.

-Process credit and debit adjustments.

-Input all billing rates and make changes to existing accounts.
 Process reports

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Republic Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9