Republic Services Employee Reviews

Busy and fast paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  IndianaJanuary 14, 2017
I worked with a great group of people. The company could have done a better job of keeping employees informed and up to date. Little opportunity within area to grow with the company.
Misleading, unprofessional, will take advantage of you
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAJanuary 13, 2017
I worked here as a temp for 8 months. A month in my job responsibilities changed, was given more to do with no pay increase. 2 months in, I have more responsibilities due to someone leaving (hated Republic and found a better job) still no pay increase but receiving glowing reviews from management. 3 months in I'm being promised permanent positions as soon as temp agency releases me. From this point on I'm given way more responsibilities, pretty much the office manager ordering office supplies, completing reports I received no proper training to complete, still being patted on the back and now I'm asked to please not look for another job because I have an incredible pay increase and permanent job waiting. Finally able to interview for a job, according to the sup I'm the best candidate, have the best interviews and she tells me I pretty much have the job. One day I'm asked to create a spreadsheet for the manager, he asked how long it would take to complete. I gave him an honest answer and expressed I had one major pressing thing that I had to finish up, but would get to his task immediately after. According to supervisor, the manager didn't like my answer. From that moment on (while still performing the same, producing the same quality work) he didn't like my reports, or my work. This man never approached me to inform me that my work was lacking, or was subpar, or to complain about anything that I was doing, but because he did not like literally one response from me (which by the way, was never addressed with me either) he tells my supervisor that while I was qualified for the  more... position, and had the best interviews, he still did not want to hire me. I was underpaid, overworked, and given false hope. Not a good work environment.  less
Pros
They sometimes provided free lunch.
Cons
Unprofessional and underdeveloped management
not such a good place after merger
Operation Manager (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAJanuary 12, 2017
I would rather not write a review of this employer because of experiences while there I do not feel my opinions would be fair or unbiased concerning this employer
Pros
good benefits`
Cons
Bad management
horrible place to work
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Fishers IndianaJanuary 12, 2017
Training was a joke. they don't teach you half of what you need to know. their attendance and pto policy changes at the drop of a hat and you can get let go very easily. management is a joke unless you are part of a click, then you are golden. they expect an awful lot from their employees and while overtime is not mandatory you are looked down on if you do not work some overtime
Parking Attendant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCJanuary 12, 2017
Typical shift would be communicating with public and assisting them with great customer service. Learned to operate computer based cash check out system. Assisted all customers leaving airport. Job was easy to learn and not hard to do. Lot of downtime as you were only as busy as airport flight schedule. Shift hours are not for everybody and takes a while to adjust to late hours.
Pros
public contact and communication
Cons
shift hours
Loved this job
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winder, GAJanuary 11, 2017
I enjoyed my job, and my co workers. I hated to leave this place. I loved the hours, the pay was great as well. I enjoyed helping our customers. I assisted in different areas within the company.
Good company depends out of what office you work out of.
Retention/Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Crestwood, ILJanuary 9, 2017
Loved the job of Retention/Customer Service it self but management is not helpful with your job and be prepare to do more then what you were hired for.
Other department believe they should have a say in what you do.
The cooperation does a lot of train,just district management isn't helpful in help with changes.
Pros
A lot o training to make your job better
Cons
Doesn't come through on promises
Interesting and educational place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Roosevelt, WAJanuary 7, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job is the work I do. Greeting visitors to the landfill, ensuring payroll is complete and accurate, and watching the landscape change with the seasons.
Pros
Working with diverse people.
Cons
long drive
good place to work
operation supervisor (Former Employee) –  Plano, TexasJanuary 5, 2017
at republic services the people there were good to work with, every day I open up in the crew out the departments. which was over 100 employee, I learned can be challenging to work with so many people on a regular basis, but it was more good times than bad. It hard to stay on track when they change management so regularly. I like most of my co- workers, they were good to work with, trying to adjust to new management, talking with employee caching them up to be safe and productive.
Pros
coming early, company vehicle, flexible
Cons
to many management changes, not enough equipment to do the job. no trust
Hard job not for everyone
Driver (Former Employee) –  Scottdale, PAJanuary 5, 2017
training was good co-workers were nice
management was ok
long days in summer 12hrs +
hardest part of job was throwing bags of grass or mulch
do to the weight
got paid weekly
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
heavy trash vehicle breakdowns
Stressful and enjoyable at times
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Morocco, INJanuary 5, 2017
taking calls non stop with sales, accounting skills, complaints etc

Enjoyed working with co-workers and supervisors

learned self control when customers are irritate

management over all was good

Enjoyable part of job making the friends I did
Great co-workers
Diesel Technician (Former Employee) –  Plano, TxJanuary 4, 2017
Good place to work for just don't expect a raise of any kind no matter how hard you work and how fast you work, management is alright just to many lies.
Pay was great but wasn't worth it
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJanuary 4, 2017
Great pay and benefits but the hours, management and the job duties should be all changed. Not a good experience. I don't think I can say to much more.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Almost everything
Great company
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Morocco, INJanuary 3, 2017
Great company to work for that listens to their employees. Republic services works hard to please their customers and expect their workers to do the same. I worked days in customer service and can't believe how passionate some people are about the trash. But you do you job and get rewarded for it. Customer is always right.
Micro-managed employees
Industrial Roll Off Driver (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAJanuary 3, 2017
If you like to work under constant micro-management, then Republic is the place to be.
Far too many supervisors and managers giving poor direction and incorrect information.
Daily inspections of vehicles were not reviewed by supervisors accurately and management tried to blame drivers for lack of maintenance performed.
Forget having any "family time". You will be required to work as many hours as is allowed by law, everyday.
Don't bother applying for any position involving a commercial license.
This is NOT a stable job, the work environment is stagnant and there is a real divide between labor and management.
Pros
Union wages, uniforms, paid vacations
Cons
Lack of proper management, procedures not followed by supervisors, discrimination by fellow employees
great place to work
Spotter (Former Employee) –  Oregon City, ORJanuary 2, 2017
Great place to work if you just need a job. Not the ideal place for a young person wanting to advance in pay or position. Also not for a family to support.
Pros
Great ppl to work with, good benefits
Cons
Low pay, slow advancement
dogmatic and regressive
Commerical Industural Driver (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 2, 2017
management didnt know how to relate to employees spent available funds on unneccesary activities company vehicles were in bad conditions Many of the high paying routes went to selective employees
Pros
location to my home home daily
Cons
no family time scheduling conflicts no room for advancement selective routes that pay the money
worse place i ever worked
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 2, 2017
Company Sucks. high turn over stay away management dont know what they are doing dont pay the right overtime pay you make less then 8 dollars an hour
dont work here!
Heavy Truck Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Sumner, ILJanuary 1, 2017
will never see anything but 2nd shift, as long as you can do the job as fast as they want than things are good. No work life balance at all.
Pros
good people to work with. steady paycheck
Cons
no advancement, lots of hours
It's a great place to work. Salary could be more.
Shop Foreman/Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Urbana, ILJanuary 1, 2017
Nothing bad to say . Republic is a secure company with big reviews.as with all companies there are many good things but there are also thing that could use improvement.
Pros
Trucks are older and require constant work which is a secure job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Republic Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8