Republic Services Employee Reviews

i wish i wasnt layoff for my background screening
Line Sorter (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOAugust 16, 2017
my career is very important and criticial to me and my family typically speaking ive learned that im going have sat backs but we all fall and we also get back up and now i understand my lack of understanding about my active behavior with the laws of the land
Good Job Security
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  MissouriAugust 14, 2017
Great working environment. Lots of hours. The management is stressed and lacks consistence. Equipment failures hinder job flows. Good benefits and retirement.
benefits
Cons
management
Nice place to work
Supervisor/Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 13, 2017
One mistake and your done. Your human and things happen. I worked there for 13 years and I did make a mistake and coming back from that you can't I was a hard worker and it went unnoticed.
Pros
Most weekends off
Cons
Long days
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVAugust 11, 2017
I loved working at Republic Services, it was a great job with great people. Unfortunately my position was eliminated. The upper management was very helpful and the new General Manager is awesome
Muchas rreglas k nomas serven para acomodarselas afabor de los supervisores k se contradisen para poder dar lo mejor de uno
Truck Driver Class B (Former Employee) –  Frond loaderAugust 11, 2017
No hay organisation los supervisors nunca ayudan y si uno kiere Acer el trabajo como tanto disen los supervisores as motivo para k te despidan no Cavan escuchar nomas acusar a los trabajadores
Very good
Sorter Operator (Current Employee) –  South Henderson king of Prussia PAAugust 11, 2017
My place is good to work but I want a better job to make more money and I doing my job done respectively my coworkers ,and respect the policy for my job
Pros
Free lynche
Cons
Shot break
This place sucks dont work in memphis
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Millington, TNAugust 10, 2017
There is no work life balance,none of the management is held acountable . There is a lot of racial problems with this BU, if I had known I never would have taken this job
Pros
good benfits
Cons
management dont know what there doing
Fast paced and productive
Territory Manager/ Recycle Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 10, 2017
The position was very faced paced and competitive however it paid off financially. I reached goals and received awards but reached my max on a salary cap.
Pros
Strong corporate company
Cons
The company continued to do price increases to existing customers.
Work Life
Billing Processor (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 10, 2017
Republic Services is a great place to work. Unfortunately I would much rather work at a different location other than the location I'm working at now. I love the various benefits that the company has to offer. However, the environment at my current location has, in my opinion become toxic and is a negative environment to be in.
Great career opportuntiy
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 9, 2017
Have spent over 20 years with the organization at increased levels of responsibility. Opportunity for advancement was greater in the early years, but most recently has become very political.
Benefits
Cons
Political Climate
Good place to work and friendly enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 9, 2017
I was a CSR Agent - Took several calls throughout the day, scheduling cans to be delivered, exchanged, dumped or picked up for all clients. Handled customer complaints and resolved issues in a timely manner. Handled some contract work, processing all info into systems and taking payment for all services.
All levels of employees are very friendly. I had good relations with all those whom I reported to as well as others.
Pros
Friendly environment, great benefits, management really do have an open door policy
Cons
None really, other than call volume can increase quickly. But that's just part of the job.
New Experience
Credit and Collection Analyst (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 9, 2017
There is never a dull day. You will have an new experience daily. Your co-workers are very helpful and don't mind teaching new things that may arise. I look forward to each day of work.
excellent place to work if your a go gitter!
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXAugust 9, 2017
An excellent place to work ,I have been a part of the republic family for 8 years Excellent place to work ,great management ,wonderful employees, I absolutely love my job , I absolutely love republic and the culture ,I've had a lot of drivers happily retire from here ,the turnover is not bad because people love there jobs. the company always brings positive changes to its employees, and I love the training they offer and also how they treat us here, management always makes us feel part of a team and also there very involved in our needs and they listen , I don't now what else to say other than that, if you work for republic services you work for a great company.
Pros
employee engagement, great pay, wonderful people to work with
Cons
Awesome working team, but a company in transition
Scale Clerk/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTAugust 9, 2017
Republic Services took over Allied Waste. Both are huge companies, and a few glitches are to be expected. My team was awesome, but changes in management are often unsettling to the every day work crew.
Pros
Great team, comfortable work atmosphere, daily challenges, decent benefits
Cons
Constantly changing management, which means constant daily upheaval to work load and company goals.
Productive and busy
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILAugust 9, 2017
Busy on the 15th and 20th of month. Slow periods with little work but helped in other areas. Company and management proved fun activities with games and prizes.
Pros
Lunch and breakfast provided often
Cons
Stressful at times
Working with the everyday people..
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAAugust 8, 2017
I clock in and am working hard by 6 AM every morning. I start taking calls at 7 AM regarding anything and everything trash related. Whether it be late trash pick up, placing orders for customers who need to rent containers, special house pickups , answer billing and general questions and even training new employees. Everyday is a hectic and busy environment but I always excel in keeping up with the workload and even volunteer for overtime.
Pros
Rare free pizza and in office holiday celebrations
Easy work terrible ppl
Representative (Current Employee) –  Fishers, INAugust 8, 2017
Disrepectful theives. Racist power tripping teamleaders. White american coworkers disrespect brown americans on the daily by violating personal space and property.
Cons
The idiots they hiring just to fill space
Growing Pains
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MN AreaAugust 7, 2017
Just like an up and coming corporation. more focus on profits than the customer, or the employee. Very stressful, multiple people left for mental health reasons.
Pros
Great People to work with
Cons
It's never enough
Fun team oriented workplace from management all the way down.
Scale Operator (Current Employee) –  Pierson, MIAugust 7, 2017
Team players and family oriented from ceo's to part time help. Very friendly atmosphere. Good pay, great benefit options. Most employees have been there for at least10+ years. You end up loving your job because of the team atmosphere and support that you get.
Pros
Everyone is very much a team player
Cons
Challenging and a fun place to work.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 6, 2017
There was a lot of working hours but the pay back in benefits and compensation was great. Teamwork was a priority and communication was also taken seriously. They really take care of their employees with special cookouts and fun times during different days of the of the year..
Pros
Very good compensation and very professional
Cons
Many hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Republic Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9