Republic Services

Republic Services Employee Reviews

Enjoyed My Time there
Assistant Division Controller (Contract) (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 20, 2015
Enjoyed my time there, great atmosphere and employees to be around. Pay was great and management fit my style. I am just ready to move forward in my career in a different avenue
Fun and exciting place to work at.
Maintenace clerk (Former Employee), Harlingen, TxMay 18, 2015
Pros: different everyday
Cons: not paid on time
Working with children is always fun and different every day. Teaching these kids and seeing their excitement daily makes it all worth it. Management was flexible with schedules and were always making sure we had all we needed to help the children grow and learn. All teachers and teacher's assistants we upbeat and always willing to help one another. Patience was key and remembering to take your brakes when needed was a must. Kids will challenge you and that's okay. That's when you find out your strengths and weaknesses. I mostly enjoyed sing along time hearing all those tiny voices coming together was heartwarming.
Could use some imporvement
Driver (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLMay 18, 2015
Management could use a little human feelings. i am a hard worker and try to learn much as i can so i can move up in the company..
Busy work environment with long hours
Landfill Laborer, Equipment Operator (Current Employee), Robstown, TXMay 13, 2015
Pros: Benefits and Job Security
Cons: No breaks, no time with family, work in ALL weather conditions outside
Spot drivers to designated area, pick up trash, pump water, supervise temporary workers, stock tires, cover trash with tarps
Sales in the small market arena.
Account Executive (Current Employee), Plano, TXMay 11, 2015
Pros: Allows outside sales experience that I have been doing for over 20 years.
Cons: Too much focus on small accounts. Preferred medium to large opportunities
Have enjoyed working with Republic Services in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex.

There is limited advancement upwards and would like to engage the large market opportunities in the local or US markets.
Serious Business
Welder/PM Technician (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 10, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: long hours, healthcare
As a welder your hours varied greatly, sometimes going in at 9am, other times 3pm. As a PM Tech your hours were 3pm until job complete, sometimes as late as 4:30am. Typical days were spent welding on trucks and dumpsters, or performing an average of 4 PM inspections and all associated repairs per night. The management was average. The coworkers varied, but most were friendly and eager to lend a helping hand. The hardest part of the job was some of the major repairs to the trucks. The most enjoyable part was everything but the long hours.
Amazing benefits and OT in surplus!!
Diesel Mechanic (Current Employee), Union City, TNMay 4, 2015
Pros: hours with NO problem!
Cons: wish it paid more
The job is plentiful and OT there with no problem!! Plenty of hours and plenty of work. They need more help and the benefits are amazing.
Temporary position
Temp. Marketing Assistant (Former Employee), Sun Valley, CAMay 4, 2015
It was a temporary position, where I learned a lot about various programs, and cold-calling techniques. I wanted to learn a lot more about the company so I could properly address any questions or concerns that customers had, but I was told to stick to a script and not stray from it. Which in turn effected how much of a help I really could be to the customers. It wasn't a bad company it just wasn't the right fit for my approach to customer service.
Mobile, AL
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee), Mobile, ALMay 4, 2015
Pros: Opportunity to travel away from Mobile
Cons: Local Management
In Mobile, AL it is very difficult to operate as a Human Resources Manager. The local management team there is not interested in having Human Resources as a business partner. Unfortunately until management turns-over in the Mobile business unit, Human Resources Managers will not be successful in that company.
all about whos their favorite
PM Technician (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAApril 30, 2015
Pros: great pay and benifits
Cons: horrible managment ethics
they have a great company policy but never follow it. Its all about if you're managements favorite and if you click up with the senior employees.
enjoyed the steady pay for being 21 and really no bills
Recycle Driver (Current Employee), Kalamazoo, MIApril 28, 2015
the work was pretty easy if you do know how to weld. They were steady for pay checks and it was pretty relaxed place to work.
Not good
None (Former Employee), Inver grove mnApril 17, 2015
I interviewed for a position of Fleet Maintenance supervisor that was and has been posted, working with their principal recruiter Cass Muncy, as Republic contacted me. When I got to the interview, NONE of the staff members were dress appropriately what so ever for being managers. And they did the bait and switch telling me this position is for a leed mechanic position.. This company is a JOKE ! ! ! and they keep RE POSTING the same position ! ! !

Fleet Maintenance Supervisor
Republic Services - Inver Grove, MN
The Fleet Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for supervising a maintenance shop that is under the umbrella responsibility of an on-site Maintenance Manager. The Fleet Maintenance Supervisor’s responsibilities include supervising a technician (mechanic) team responsible for preventive maintenance/repair of a fleet; machinery that supports a post-collection facility; repair/maintenance of equipment that services the container shop; and providing direction to technicians to ensure that all repairs/maintenance to equipment (trucks -- diesel and alternate fuel, containers and other heavy duty equipment) are performed in compliance with Company safety and compliance standards, and with all federal and state regulations. The Fleet Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for planning and scheduling repair work for the work group to ensure that all work is done in a safe and timely manner, reducing lost productivity.
great atmospher
Residential / Commercial Driver (Former Employee), okc okApril 9, 2015
great people to be around everyone is trustworthy and dependable. leaders lookout for you as long as you do your job. Long hours but well worth it
Managed by greedy, lying hypocrites
Industrial Driver (Former Employee), Kilgore, TXApril 7, 2015
Pros: free unoforms
Cons: Don't care about employees. Management feels they own you.
Lots of forced overtime. They tell you to be legal and in the same breath tell you to break the law. Dangerous poorly maintained equipment and bully management.
DRIVER..............................
Driver (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 2, 2015
Maintained city’s waste which included commercial and residential. Responsible for maintenance on truck and log books according to state and federal laws.
good experience
Route Auditing Internship (Former Employee), Pontiac, MIApril 2, 2015
It was a great opportunity to learn logistics processes and gain experience. Employees and management are easy to talk to and always helpful.
No life
Driver (Former Employee), Bridgeton, MOApril 1, 2015
Pros: HAVING A JOB
Cons: HAVING TO WORK FOR REPUBLIC
They have no concerns about your health or safety. The pay is decent I guess is the only positive but that all depends on whether your boss likes you or not. Just getting your job done SAFELY in 0 degrees or 100 degrees is not enough.
Was Great but Management Changes Ruined Location
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee), San Angelo, TXMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Busy work day
Cons: Unstable / hostile work environment
There are many better choices in West Texas. Choose wisely. A couple years ago was a great place, but with new contract came new management with different agenda. Myself and numerous others were chased away by reading where the location was going.
Busy day but fulfilling.
Learned to watch behind always.
Management has personal agenda that includes good ole boys mentality
50% of co-workers were great others were busy looking for escape plan
I left the company re-hireable, and was even called by upper management for a chance to come back in Lafayette, LA. I was asked to come for interview but was later called and told that even though the GM wanted to meet with me, he was told he could not.
So much for re-hireable, more like shafted due to my knowledge of what really goes on.
unknown
Shop Supervisor (Current Employee), Louisville, KYMarch 27, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
they do not train personnel properly, they need to review and redo their operations for shop and dispatch. They also need to be more hones with people when they hire
long hard hours, no appreciation
Sorter (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IowaMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Starting pay is good
Cons: Sweat shop attitude
Worked there two years and the last four months were bad. My line supervisor decided to target me and yelled at me every chance she got. Got in my face yelling to work faster, get more plastic out. I kept telling her I was moving as fast as I could but she would not let up. There were four of us on that line sorting but I was the only one being harassed. Even after going to the mgr and HR the harassment continued until I couldn't stand it anymore and quit. I applied for unemployment but this company blocked that. Even to this day they say they didn't do anything wrong. News Flash, if something bothers an employee then it is workplace harassment.
A good supervisor or manager would understand that.

1 2 3 4 5

About Republic Services

Every day, Republic Services empowers more than 30,000 exceptional employees in 39 states and Puerto Rico to do their best work. – Read more

Republic Services Salaries