Republic Services

Republic Services Employer Reviews

good learning environment
diesel tech trainee (Current Employee), Fairfax, VANovember 15, 2014
alot of work, swapping parts, all about the money, trucks fixed first learning and training not first priority
Networking and Marketing
Territory Manager (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FlorodaNovember 12, 2014
Pros: networking events
Cons: managers never lasting in positions more than a year.
A typical day is face pace of dealing with customer service to make customers know that there needs have been meet.. That is always good to do the best you can and follow up on work orders you make and multitask as fast as you can.

Coworkers are always fun and positive,work hard to make it a great environment to work in.

Not having enough inventory – more... to fulfill delivery orders.
Drivers not reading instructions and have to go back to fix mistakes.
Customer satisfaction is the key...

A great team working environment and staying busy. – less
Relaxed Fast Paced Job
Credit & Collection Specialist (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LANovember 9, 2014
Pros: no room for advancement, or incentitives
Cons: no tuition reimbursement, and working most holidays
 Make regularly scheduled collection calls when accounts become delinquent (invoices aged beyond 30 days).
 Call ALL delinquent accounts every month. Well organized and efficient to making sure no delinquent accounts are missed; maintain a good system of follow-up should customers not follow through with their promises.
 Keep notes from all collection – more... calls history to maintain for all accounts regarding collection efforts
 Have a thorough knowledge of project documentation, including AIA documents, insurance certificates, contracts, lien wavers, etc.
 Have the ability to read and understand contract language and use this knowledge in negotiations with customers as contracts will dictate payment terms and conditions.
 Has a thorough understating of mechanic’s liens/ payment/performance bond process and paperwork.
 A good understanding of bankruptcy and foreclosure processes and statutes. – less
Great Drivers
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 1, 2014
Drivers are dedicated and ensure tasks are performed. Local Management team is dedicated to planning effectively and efficiently to meet or exceed business objectives. Team is also dedicated to supporting new ideas and processes.
It was a fun productive job
Recycling truck driver (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYOctober 28, 2014
I love driving and dealing with the community. I would have a route to complete I had a helper also witch made the job much better.
Has the same issues as every other place you are going to work at
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 26, 2014
Lack of knowledge from top leadership make this a very frustrating place to work
medium paced company focused on safety and sales.
Commercial Sales Representative (Former Employee), Eden prairie, mnOctober 23, 2014
Pros: workout room.
Cons: no breaks while in sales, very little help from management, company does not recognize that mn is a different competitive culture from other states
typical day at work included meetings with management, customers, coworkers, and also going out door to door.

I learned from this company the importance of listening to the customer and listening to what we can do better to keep the customer.

The hardest part of the job was overcoming the past stigma from the previous incarnations of the company, – more... along with overcoming the 20-30% higher prices we were quoting compared to other companies.

The part i enjoyed most from the company was the freedom to make my own schedule in the sales team. – less
Organizations still mitigating operational challenges
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 22, 2014
Pros: community focus
Cons: limited diversity
Managed projects to streamline the B2B transaction process with organizations whose commodities drive the organization’s success, including Caterpillar, Mack Volvo, and multiple Chassis Dealers. Facilitated supplier enablement, promoted Process Excellence and actively participated in purchasing and supply chain management initiatives. Diverse accomplishments – more... include: Providing support for eBusiness strategists, technical teams, content developers, and marketing specialists. – less
productive
Front lift operator (Current Employee), Durham, NCOctober 22, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: short breaks and lots of stressful driving
a typical work day consist of lots of driving, staying alert and safe. Provide customer satisfaction and creating new cliental
no sense of urgency
maintenance (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAOctober 20, 2014
Pros: drivers
Cons: upper management
always multiple pieces of equipment down throughout the day. employees want to do the right thing but not given the tools to complete their jobs. place is always operating with hair on fire trying to get caught up. No accountability from upper management, throws everyone under bus when a problem occurs.
More Exceptions than rules
Gate Attendant/ Scale Operator (Current Employee), Brook, IndianaOctober 19, 2014
Pros: catered lunches periodically, good amount of overtime if you want it.
Cons: short breaks, hourly wage is deficient, not really any growth in this position.
I have the opening shift. This begins with filing the previous days manifest paperwork and verifying if other papers were filed correctly. Turning on CB radios and transferring files on the PC. I scale trucks inbound and review their load and verifying all signatures are there to accept the load. There is also coordination and communications with the – more... trucks as well as the operators on the landfill.
I have learned more about multitasking as well as time management. I have also learned more patience. There may be a line of trucks waiting to scale in and that can be daunting to look at. I focus on the trucks on the scale and working as best as I can without letting the line of trucks overwhelm me.
Management communicates with us and is always a good resource to talk to if there are any questions.
I get along with my co-workers, but one does make the environment more hectic than it needs to be. I do feel better when she leaves for the day.
I do enjoy seeing the drivers. They are usually pleasant and friendly and glad to see our happy faces as well. I stay as happy and pleasant as I can be to have a good work environment. I figure since being in the workplace for 8 hours, that I might as well enjoy my time there. I try to be considerate and helpful for others as best as I can. – less
Challenging - Love the position and people
Office Administration/Scale Attendant (Current Employee), Rochester, INOctober 15, 2014
Open Scale house for business
Input information for daily maintenance scheduling
Issue PO's
Receive goods
Reconcile invoices
Schedule vendors and work
I learned how a landfill operators and the equipment plus the software
Enjoy my coworkers and customers and the work I perform
Hardest part of job lack of communication
Good living, but general lack of advancement opportunities
Territory Manager/Sales Supervisor (Current Employee), IllinoisOctober 3, 2014
The culture and work atmosphere varies from division to division. Compensation packages are typically pretty generous, but there is a real lack of opportunities for individuals interested in advancing in the company.
Great management with Great Benefits.
Driver (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 2, 2014
Management is something that i pay attention to as far as professionalism and integrity. I have always put safety before everything and will continue to strive to be the best in everything i do.
Excellent Company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 2, 2014
Great place to work! Excellent management and opportunity to advance!
Grate place to work for, former driver comercial and residential.
Driver, Christopher Linder (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 2, 2014
Pros: good pay, good people, good company over all.
Cons: working in all types of wether.
Go work for this company, if your extremely hard working and self motivating lots of work lots of money too make company's fair if you have accident's they work with you, safety's there #1 goal I've learn a lot over twelve years, worked for the company three different times and wish I was there know.
Great work place
Residential Driver (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 29, 2014
Early mornings and long hours
Great management staff
Very friendly co-workers
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Bridgeton, MOSeptember 29, 2014
Take inbound and outbound calls from waste customers, received payment, emailed, copied and fax proof of payments. Set up new service; reconnect service, order new and replacement waste receptacles
Gd company to work for
Fleet Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee), Amarillo, TXSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: gd benifits and people
Cons: no management support
Gd company to work for doesnt seem to be an chance to advance in company
Call Center Operator (Former Employee), Melrose Park, ILSeptember 24, 2014
I truly enjoyed the Call Center Experience I received at Republic Services. I enjoyed every minute of my experience with this company. Every aspect of the company was a delight, the Managers and my co-workers. GREAT COMPANY!!!!

1 2 3 4 5

About Republic Services

Every day, Republic Services empowers more than 30,000 exceptional employees in 39 states and Puerto Rico to do their best work. – Read more

Republic Services Photos