Republic Services Employee Reviews

Saving you from being stressed out dont work here
save your time look some where else (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TexasMarch 1, 2016
If you want to be threaten to get fired constantly cause management won't take responsibility then this job is for you. You will never see the management on the work yard but they are willing to fire you just to blame someone else. It's not worth it I'm letting you know now
Pros
company has none
Cons
Management is terrible, the people that are there will turn on you i promise you that
Challenging and fast pace work environment
Positions - Fleet Admin/ Operations / Acct Payable (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOJanuary 19, 2016
My Responsibilities;

Budget Management
Month End/Year End Reporting
Licensing
Permits/State Inspector Permits
Pros
Learning Experience, Fast Pace, Challenging, Great People and Benefits
Cons
Far from home, lack of opportunities for growth
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  LouisianaFebruary 4, 2016
Entire life dedicated to this job. If you are a family person and have a life this job is not for you. First month is ok that's because you are training. After the training you go to work in the morning and don't know what time you are getting off at night. Management team SUCKS.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Long hours, no holidays off
Productive and joyful work place thats mentally and physically demanding.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Mt. Laurel, NJNovember 8, 2015
Your daily routine consists of navigating through the city safely in a timely fashion while servicing every scheduled stop on route. You have to have the ability to work in all weather conditions, lift about 100lbs. and be able to judge weight fluctuations as you progress through your day. Management is friendly, easy to work with, inviting and helpful. My co-workers always worked together as a unit to make the job easier. The most difficult part of the job is lifting, pushing, and pulling extreme weight in most cases. The job does have a lot of freedom, no one is constantly watching you and its really enjoyable during the warm weather months.
Pros
Benefits, 401k, off on major holidays, freedom to run your route the way you want to make things easier on you.
Cons
A lot of heavy lifting, smells that can make you either lose your lunch or your hunger for lunch, working outside in all weather environments sometimes without proper help.
Highly Micromanaged
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Osage Beach, MOSeptember 14, 2015
The pay was great, but this company is so highly micromanaged that they do not give you a chance to breathe. You can do a million things right and nothing is ever said to you, but the minute you make 1 mistake, everyone and their brother is scrutinizing you. It got to be so stressful that I had to leave. My manager did not know what constructive criticism meant, and was very rude right off the bat. They preached following their strict procedures but made it impossible to follow all of the procedures to a T and staying within your call time. And forget about vacationing - only one person was allowed to be off at a time. Also, no room for advancement unless you wanted to move elsewhere (I was told this in my initial interview!) And I could not make a complaint about my manager because all of the managers were so close-knit, that word would get back to my manager and she would make my life miserable.
Pros
good pay and benefits, free lunches on Friday, good crew to work with
Cons
overly micromanaged, stuff and overly-critical management team, no room for advancement
work was ok until got new boss who wanted to get rid of anyone who wouldnt go along with his changes even if they were not companys policy
Roll-Off Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Bella Vista, ARJanuary 16, 2016
was not bad place to work until got new boss .several people have quit since i left.also some fired for various reasons. none of them not making sense on letting them go
Pros
had very good benefits
Cons
to many stops and not enough time to do them.
Good pay but god awful work equipment.
Driver (Current Employee) –  ClevelandJune 29, 2016
The pay is pretty good, Better than most places you will find.
The equipment is very very outdated and does not work more than half the time. Always breaking down or trucks catching on fire. Most of the trucks they send us out in are unsafe and look very bad. It really boggles my mind everyday just looking at what they send me out in to represent the company. One day one of these trucks are going to kill an innocent person. The mechanics are lazy and do not fix a thing. The rear end on 80% of the trucks are bad and ready to fall off at any giving minute. It's not equal opportunity employment. They do what they want and do have favorites. I stay because the pay is good. If I could find another job that pays almost as much as they do I would be gone and never look back. I never get to spend time with my family I am always there working 12-14 hours a day and my work week is broken up.
Pros
Pay day
Cons
Unsafe trucks
Fast Paced environment
Senior Diesel Technician (Current Employee) –  Hutchins, TXFebruary 24, 2016
This job is fast paced with long hours. The management was fair, and understandable. The hardest part of the job is working 12 plus hours 6 days a week.
Cons
Decent place to make a living.
Driver refuse collection (Former Employee) –  Bettendorf, IAJanuary 22, 2016
Typical day started at 5am. Getting paperwork and truck ready for a day of trash collection. Had a steady route every day of the week.
Days were usually 9-12 hours. Weekly hours were averaging 46-50 hours per week.
Hourly pay was ok, got better as my time with the company grew. Made a good wage to make a living.
Working outside every day. Regardless of the weather, rain, snow, ice, heat or extreme cold. You do it all!
Management did take care of the drivers, some better than others.
Vacation time was good, get 2 weeks vacation time when hired, plus an additional 5 personal days.
Safety was rewarded every quarter.
Over all a good place to work.
Pros
Decent pay, good people you work with.
Cons
Working in bad weather.
Run as fast as you can away from this company!
Scale Operator (Former Employee) –  Warrensburg, MONovember 2, 2015
Horrible place to work. Hired for 24 hours a week and worked at least 50 hours a week with no benefits. Took out hour lunch even though never got to take a lunch. Would go in at 630am and not get off until 7 or 8pm waiting on drivers to finish their routes. Was supposed to get off at 4pm. Horrible management who would scream at you inches from your face for things they did wrong, not you! Also, couldn't get any time off but management took more time than they had off. I have never worked with such horrible people in my life. I have a great job now, with wonderful people and I am paid a lot more.
Pros
Not one pro
Cons
The entire job
Very Stressful Work Environment
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 27, 2015
I would not recommend Republic Services Memphis Business Unit as a place to work. Very Stress Work Place. Very long hours without compensation. Distrusting work culture.
Pros
Great Staff.
Cons
Disjointed Mangement Group
worst place to work ever
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALAugust 2, 2016
I was a dispatcher for Republic & what a joke. Worst place ever to work, if the drivers or other employees want you gone....you will be fired. Management does NOT care if you do your job, everyone is just looking for someone new to pass their work off on. Be ready to get blamed for anything & everything, then get fired because you won't kiss butt or disregard the rules. Save yourself the time & trouble, find another place to work. Having a job with this company is a guaranteed way to create one of the worst memories of your working life.
Pros
not working here anymore
Cons
everything & then some
It is a trash company. We are trying to not make it that way but the facilities that you work in show it.
Division Accountant (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 11, 2015
It is okay place to work. Lots of big corporate politics and upper management really isolates themselves from the employees.
Pros
Work/Life Balance is pretty good
Cons
Lots of empty promises
good work crew, pay is ok
Driver (Former Employee) –  Wayne , MI.August 15, 2016
Worked here 10 years. 5 on residential and 5 on commercial. Easy automatic trucks, great benefits and newer equipment. Union shop 8 - 10 hour days on residential and 11-13 hours commercial. Other big companies pay a little better, but this yard you'll have a better life style. You can get done really fast and go home early. Lunch breaks, good benefits, and OK pay. Management is OK. A few hot heads but what job dosnt. Over all is easy as long as you get the python trucks in residential or your in commercial.
Pros
stable and reliable weekly pay
Cons
it could pay a little better
Good co at first but get ready for the real change
Fleet Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  TXAugust 3, 2016
Best part of rws is the people on the ground floor techs and drivers. If youre mid management get ready for drama. GMs are out for #1 and their ops manager. If youre in maintenance, you lose. Pretty shady way they manage the co, the whole regional level was let go or demoted, they dont care if a 20 yr vet w the co leaves if that gives you any info on how they operate.
RG the GM and DH the side kick both dont care about anything but themselves.
Pros
Pay and co workers
Cons
Everything else
Work groups fail to work together
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 27, 2016
Drivers are the most important employees, but everyone forgets who the customers communicate with. Customer service is who makes it all go, if they don't take the calls, set up services, take complaints, request trucks to return for missed pick ups, where would the rest of the company be? Management fails to provide product, ie trash, recycle and yard waste containers. being out of stock is a huge disservice to the customer and employees that have to handle the complaints
Pros
Learn about the industry
Cons
numbers driven, customer service very low pay
Former HR Admin Worked 90 days and quit
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 5, 2015
This is a terrible place to work. Trust me you can find better. They treat you like dirt and will work you to death. The regional HR Manager would point her finger in my face and literally yell at me. I have since moved on to have a successful career with a company that actually has a great culture.

Don't work for this company for any reason.
Pros
There are no pros. Run from this place and find a good place to work
Cons
Work life balance, terrible culture, everyone is miserable, extremely high turnover
Horrible Company To Work For
Scale Attendant (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORJuly 8, 2016
Horrible place to work!! The management has no clue how to treat employees. If your good to your people they'll be good to you, it's common sense which management lacks. Wages are terrible. 9 years with the company and they hired someone at a hire wage than me doing the exact same job as me. Disrespectful, horrible management!! Schedule changes are constant, you would never know if you were able to make plans or if it would change at the last minute with NO notification. Favoritism, what was good for one person wasn't so good for another. The 5 R's are a joke...practice what you preach!! Horrible work environment with no compassion from management. There were more work claims at our division than anywhere due to the fact that the scale house was not "work friendly". Hard mats to walk on, sliding glass doors that you open and close all day long because YOU have to go outside to the customer which should be a big no no since your walking away from a cash drawer. There are too many negatives with this huge corporation to list, long story short..I would rather clean toilets at a prison than ever work for this company again!!!
Pros
Great Co-Workers
Cons
Horrible management
Worst job I've ever had
Driver (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 2, 2016
Management is terrible. Rookie supervisors that have never driven a truck that work with lead drivers to get answers because they are incompetent. Management are trained to lie in order to protect the company.Everything is about the numbers. They write your numbers and weekly percentages on a board for everyone to see and judge you by.They have what they call "lead drivers" that call themselves your boss but are not really your boss because they are not allowed to make a decision on their own. Buddy system and good ole boy favoritism in full effect. Moral is amazingly low. Everybody is usually scared that they are going to get fired or suspended. Equipment is junk. Only larger or training facilities get the good equipment. They expect you to work with broken or dysfunctional equipment. Mechanics are really bad. Can't even change a tire. Everything is a patch job or fabricated part. The safety points award system is a joke and a fraud because the credit you supposedly earn is taken out of your check. Republic Services generates an annual revenue income of 9.12 Billion dollars a year and starts its drivers out at 13.00 - 15.00 an hour.
Pros
paid holiday
not so good
Driver (Current Employee) –  FloridaApril 26, 2016
Day starts a 3am not an exact time for being off the clock. DOT says 70 hrs per week Republic says 60 hrs per week. Old equipment, money has been cut, routes are messed up. Roll-off runs all over town and over each other to get work. The containers are old full of holes. Too many drivers not enough work. Management has new drivers training with drivers that have had accidents instead of the driver trainer they just sent to school that has no accidents.
Not a good place to work anymore. The garbage business is being run by people with education and no on the job experience behind the wheel or behind the truck which is essential for running this business.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Only 5 Holidays per year off

2.8