Republic Services Employee Reviews

The best place to talk trash and get paid.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 25, 2017
Overall i love working here because you have the chance to talk to so many different type of people. You hear from famous individuals and even some who just makes a difference in the world.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
some people try to be the boss they're not.
Exceptional
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 24, 2017
Great place, great atmosphere, lot of support to help become successful.
Training was realistic with expectations set before transitioning to the floor.
fast paced
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Waycross, GAJuly 24, 2017
good company to work with, good opportunity's. Good benefits good time off. Company is very employee oriented. Company has several employee outings each year.
Supportive and fun work place
CRC Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 24, 2017
Republic Services is a great place to work, they work with you to achieve your with the company. Management is fair and want you to excel. The best part of the job to me is my work schedule and how understanding the company is.
Pros
They feed you often
Working for the customer
Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJuly 23, 2017
Working for the customer. It wouldn't be a bad place to work if some of the managers went petty. a lot of things that could be prevented won't if they were the leaders instead of in the mix.
Credit and Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsJuly 23, 2017
I enjoy what I am doing. I feel like I get something accomplished. I enjoy working with my team in collections. There is always something to learn there.
Assistant to Office Manager
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Goldendale, WAJuly 23, 2017
Reviewed drivers logs and made sure billings were correct. Input drivers loads, times, trucks, etc.
Worked with a wonderful lady that I wish I was still working with. I learned from this job that these men & women do just pick up a garbage can and dump it into a truck, that they do much more than that. I have a great respect for them.
The hardest part of the job was knowing that I wouldn't be there long, as I was just filling in while another employee was out and I was hired by a temp company.
Pros
The people
Cons
Wish it could have been permanent
Great place to work.
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 22, 2017
Everyone from Senior Management to supervisor are very supportive, personable and care about employees, not many places care like Republic Services does. I'm never leaving.
Pros
Ability to advance quickly
Cons
Rude and disrespectful customers
Very fast paced and demanding
Driver (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 21, 2017
Everyone I met seems generally happy, but with long hours that's required by some will only force more to leave. Most have families and when working between 11-14 hours will only strain each and everyone and their family life!! Work atmosphere could use a major overhaul when it comes to balancing out the workload. 14 hours driving or on the back of a truck really isn't a productive scenario. After 10 hours most employees become worthless yet Managers expect you to jump when they ask you to stay longer! When they could rebalance the workload so it is fair to all. Not just the select few who basically Wright their own path!
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Work hours and conditions!
Productive and Fun Place
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 21, 2017
They try to make it a fun environment, and also try to accommodate each employee. They try to help with what they can and give you feedback on your work.
Pros
Lunch Trucks
Cons
Short breaks
Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 21, 2017
Was in a accident and they fired me. They are all about safety which is good. But just watch your back, supervisors don't care to stab it. Wasn't bad tho.
Pros
Good employees
Smell
Moral Friendly
Bilingual Escalations Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 21, 2017
Republic tries their best to keep up the moral but customers make it very stressful and not all supervisors care as much as others. Seeking new employment because I feel like I have more to offer
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Strict adherence and angry customers
A great place to earn experience
Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 20, 2017
This is a great company to work for, however sometimes it's easy to hit a cap in opportunities available. Not always a clear path for growth here in every department. A great place to earn some first years of experience in your career though.
Amazing
Operations Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  AZ.July 20, 2017
In my opinion the best company I ever worked for. I'm very happy at my new job. All the associates are happy. Everybody's friendly and there's a very good atmosphere.
Pros
Beautiful modern office. Knowledgeable managers. Excellent training curriculum.
Cons
best place to work for a person who is just start ing out in life
Trainee (Current Employee) –  Galena, KSJuly 20, 2017
family orientated great benifits wonderful pay excellent management team you will not regret been here only been here a month and its great this place takes you to the next level and the same time its like the place you call home
Pros
great benifits great pay family orientated excellent management tean
Cons
i have none so far
Customer Resource Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fishers, INJuly 20, 2017
The recruitment/interview process was very professional. I joined at a time when there was a massive recruitment drive yet they were able to hire the best hands. The whole process from application to hire date took less than 2 weeks. Went through a thorough 5 week training that makes you ready to take on the world by your first day on the phones. Great culture encouraged by an equally great management and HR team. Enormous growth opportunity for the focused. I actually got promoted after about 2 months. Weekly free lunch, free fruits and coffee available everyday. World class interior design and ergonomic work stations. Management comes up with regular spiffs and bonuses for motivation. The best of colleagues with wonderful team spirit. There cannot be a better place to work.
Pros
Available overtime, bonuses, focused management
RESIDENTIAL SWING DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOJuly 20, 2017
Pre-trip you truck
Safely drive to the route your are assigned for the day
Service customers waste at a fast but steady safe paste
Complete your route, dump your truck and head in to base
Pros
Monthly Safety Points
Cons
Great insurance
Fun place to work but tough night shift with a family
Sorter (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAJuly 19, 2017
I really like working here but the shifts could be better organized for men and women with families. The hours I work are from 4:30 pm to 3:30 am typically with overtime to include Saturdays. It is tough to work this shift and contribute at home when supporting the company 6 days a week.
Pros
Great People, room for advancement
Cons
The night shift is long and not well thought out for those with families
Productive workplace
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 18, 2017
Great company so far, they really care about their employees. It's has a great atmosphere to work in where your happy to walk into work and feel comfortable. Staff are friendly. They feed you & have games to play on breaks.
Pros
Pay, employee engagements
Republic Services
Technician B (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 17, 2017
Graveyard shift would start at 4:00 PM and typically end between 3:00 AM and 4:30 AM. I learned a great deal about waste management and the industry's role in sanitation. Management in the maintenance department was fantastic and my manager was a stand up man with a phenomenal work ethic. The team was very accommodating in regards to the employee's life/work balance. It was expected that every person was to honestly perform repairs and inspections to the best of their ability and adhere to a fairly rigid standard. The maintenance team was a great group to work with and were quick to help with any task. Working on garbage trucks was a learning curve and required the employee to develop and iron stomach in order to perform inspections and repairs. This is the simple truth of the industry, but shouldn't deter anyone attempting to seek employment in waste management. I feel the most enjoyable aspect of my position was the great atmosphere of co-workers and management I was surrounded by. I highly recommend Republic Services as an employer.
Pros
Enjoyable atmosphere, accommodating to work/life balance
Cons
Very dirty job, odors are extremely unpleasant

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Republic Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9