Republic Services Employee Reviews

Poor work evironment
Waste Collector (Former Employee) –  Jenison, MIJuly 30, 2017
You have to watch your back at all times. Supervisors will write you up for anything. Don't be tardy either. If you're 1 minute late, that's a half point. 6 points, you're fired.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
It is constant steady work
ASL Driver (Current Employee) –  IdahoJuly 29, 2017
Overall my review is a 4 out of 5. It is a good company to work for and it is military friendly. Average work week is roughly 50 hours per week.......
Pros
Have my own truck
Cons
advancement can be slow
They just don't care about their employees
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fishers, INJuly 29, 2017
They don't care about any of their employees at all. They care greatly about their business but not about the people working for them. Unfortunately. Great benefits but not worth the horrible management and lack of caring.
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks, long hours, you do the same stuff over and over.
Early mornings and long days
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 28, 2017
Start times from 4:00 am to 6:00 am. Very long days with lots of paid overtime. If you don't mind working all the time and sleeping all the time when your off, this is the job for you.. Some days can be very heavy physically as well. But every now and then you get a nice normal day of work.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Lots of old trucks and long hours
Productive and Fun place to work at.
Customer Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 28, 2017
Excellent place to work at. Highly recommended. Staff is friendly, Supervisors always help and training its fantastic. Benefits are easy to enroll. Dont hesitate to apply.
Quick peace working place , aleays have soemthjgn to do , and the directions are very clear to follow !
Driver (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 27, 2017
I liek working here, we always have soemthing to do, coworkers are very nice, the bennefits that are offered are very good, id learn something new everyday since i started working here !
Pros
Good benefits and quick peace job, time goes faster !
Cons
Some containers are heavier than normal, and the acces of such is more difficult to get to !
easy going atmosphere
Gate Attendant/Scale Operator (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, TNJuly 27, 2017
I like my job but there are no advancement opportunities. Job security is not a given anymore. I have good people to work with and management and I work well together.I would like to retire here but I have to look to my future. The only downfall is that I can't leave the office for lunch or take breaks, have to work most all Saturday's and it is hard to get someone to cover for me when I want to take days off.
Pros
Good benefits, management who cares, good co-workers
Cons
No advancement opportunities, have to work Saturday's, cant leave office for lunch or breaks.
Small local office for 2 counties
Customer Service Representative & Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Hudson, FLJuly 27, 2017
High stress and high turn over with the drivers. No room for advancement unless you get an upper hand. The job was ok, but the customers did not like anything you did for help. The company decided to move the calls to there center in NC and things got worse, due to that call center not following the information that our lead rep and our boss set up and this created more grief and stress for our small office.
Pros
everyone was nice and friendly and got along well
Cons
customer service issues, low morale
Great employees, great management and benefits
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kilgore, TX and Itasca TXJuly 27, 2017
Started as dispatcher in Kilgore, TX and Customer Service, setting up new accounts and taking complaints. Transferred to Itasca Tx and was front office. Phones, filing, payments and all clerical.
Pros
Great people and benefits
Very Comfortable Environment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 26, 2017
Everyone is so welcoming & there's so many opportunities for growth! I've only been there since July and I feel I am going to love being here. There's never questions left unanswered.
Great work atmosphere, good bosses and benefits
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 25, 2017
I enjoy the job and the benefits and the hours. The training has been great and I enjoy having weekends off. I really appreciate being valued by my employers.
Pros
Benefits, hours, food at work
Cons
Lots of information
Good benefits and competitive pay
Scales Clerk/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Alderson, OKJuly 25, 2017
The benefits are good and the pay is competitive but the upper management is out to cover themselves, No room for advancement, and very few paid holidays.
Loved the job call center just not for me
Customer Resource Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 25, 2017
I loved the job. It was my first call center job. The training is extensive but honestly needs to be extended longer than six weeks. A lot of information to retain and then implement once on the floor.
Pros
Room to advance
Cons
Shifts, training needs to be extended, and more floor support once out of training.
The best place to talk trash and get paid.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 25, 2017
Overall i love working here because you have the chance to talk to so many different type of people. You hear from famous individuals and even some who just makes a difference in the world.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
some people try to be the boss they're not.
Exceptional
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 24, 2017
Great place, great atmosphere, lot of support to help become successful.
Training was realistic with expectations set before transitioning to the floor.
fast paced
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Waycross, GAJuly 24, 2017
good company to work with, good opportunity's. Good benefits good time off. Company is very employee oriented. Company has several employee outings each year.
Supportive and fun work place
CRC Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 24, 2017
Republic Services is a great place to work, they work with you to achieve your with the company. Management is fair and want you to excel. The best part of the job to me is my work schedule and how understanding the company is.
Pros
They feed you often
Working for the customer
Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJuly 23, 2017
Working for the customer. It wouldn't be a bad place to work if some of the managers went petty. a lot of things that could be prevented won't if they were the leaders instead of in the mix.
Credit and Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsJuly 23, 2017
I enjoy what I am doing. I feel like I get something accomplished. I enjoy working with my team in collections. There is always something to learn there.
Assistant to Office Manager
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Goldendale, WAJuly 23, 2017
Reviewed drivers logs and made sure billings were correct. Input drivers loads, times, trucks, etc.
Worked with a wonderful lady that I wish I was still working with. I learned from this job that these men & women do just pick up a garbage can and dump it into a truck, that they do much more than that. I have a great respect for them.
The hardest part of the job was knowing that I wouldn't be there long, as I was just filling in while another employee was out and I was hired by a temp company.
Pros
The people
Cons
Wish it could have been permanent

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Republic Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9