Republic Services Employee Reviews in United States

Managment
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 26, 2015
Managing all sorts of different people enabled my team to look at operation in many various ways. Working as a team created a winning attitude and success that made us a better service provider
productive fleet shop
Diesel Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DENovember 20, 2015
fun work place did a lot learned a lot everything from diesel motor over hauls and diagnose of the issue lots of electrical experience from this job re did plc boxes witch control the hydraulics.
Pros
1st shift
Cons
none besides being laid off
Republic Services is an exciting and great company to work for.
Area Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALNovember 18, 2015
Republic Services is an exciting and great company to work for. The company nation-wide (ranked number two) in the waste industry. They offer many opportunities for employees to grow and advance within the company.
Incompetent staff
Driver (Former Employee) –  Vidalia, GANovember 16, 2015
My experience was horrible here. Everyday was a new challenge and not a good one. The pay was not good for the duties that were required of you.
Beware
Driver (Former Employee) –  Holland, MINovember 16, 2015
Dont let the pay fool you. It's really not a bad place but there are favorites. I was let go for a backing accident which I could understand if I had more than one. I hit a telephone wire with my bucket. and I drove on grass. So thats 3 strikes. its a gamble.
Pros
Pay is nice
Cons
easily dismissable unless your a pet
Watch your back always.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Jenison, MINovember 15, 2015
Decent people but everyone has their favorites. There are things that you'll be told not to do, that violate company policy but at the same time your management will impress upon you the meaning of getting it done and will make exceptions. Just dont get into any incidents because once again these people save themselves 1st. Everyone talks outta both sides of their mouth here. This is not a place for someone with a family. One day your employed next your getting your letter of termination
Pros
Pay is nice
Cons
The place you work is a shark tank. BEWARE
It is a trash company. We are trying to not make it that way but the facilities that you work in show it.
Division Accountant (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 11, 2015
It is okay place to work. Lots of big corporate politics and upper management really isolates themselves from the employees.
Pros
Work/Life Balance is pretty good
Cons
Lots of empty promises
Good work place, very friendly and fun to work at
Residential Driver (Current Employee) –  Marks, MSNovember 10, 2015
Hard but fair work, team players on the yard very helpful to the new guys and the hardest of the job is to learn the route in which the manager is very helpful.The most part of the job is that you are off every weekend.
Pros
Have lunch cook outs at times, just to say job well done.
Cons
good healthcare, short breaks, good hours
Productive and joyful work place thats mentally and physically demanding.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Mt. Laurel, NJNovember 8, 2015
Your daily routine consists of navigating through the city safely in a timely fashion while servicing every scheduled stop on route. You have to have the ability to work in all weather conditions, lift about 100lbs. and be able to judge weight fluctuations as you progress through your day. Management is friendly, easy to work with, inviting and helpful. My co-workers always worked together as a unit to make the job easier. The most difficult part of the job is lifting, pushing, and pulling extreme weight in most cases. The job does have a lot of freedom, no one is constantly watching you and its really enjoyable during the warm weather months.
Pros
Benefits, 401k, off on major holidays, freedom to run your route the way you want to make things easier on you.
Cons
A lot of heavy lifting, smells that can make you either lose your lunch or your hunger for lunch, working outside in all weather environments sometimes without proper help.
Good Job, Long hours
roll off driver (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 7, 2015
Worked there for a few months, got a speeding ticket then let go, otherwise I would go to work for 5am work 12hrs days as a roll off driver then off by 4/5pm. paid weekly of about $750 with taxs deducted. you cant do over 60hrs a week. so as a roll off driver your paid150.00 a day and their over time is paid at $5.50 an hour. don't ask why I don't know. but it paid the bills. they have bonus like prepaid debit cards for like $100.00 , cruises etc. just don't get no tickets. and they do random drug test
Pros
easy to make money, weekend off
Cons
Loved being in an outside account representative job
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Winder, GANovember 7, 2015
This company expected a lot from it employees and my boss was very tuff to please at times. The way this was structured you worked in tandem with an outside sales representative. Once the initial sale was made it was then handed over to an account representative. Then it became my responsibility to service the accounts which sounds easy. No it is never easy immediately following after someone else especially a sales rep as they tend to promise things that can't be delivered. I was dealing with clients that were not always happy. I enjoyed the freedom being out on the road was refreshing after years of being in an office environment.
Pros
Being on the road
Cons
Difficult Boss at times
Run as fast as you can away from this company!
Scale Operator (Former Employee) –  Warrensburg, MONovember 2, 2015
Horrible place to work. Hired for 24 hours a week and worked at least 50 hours a week with no benefits. Took out hour lunch even though never got to take a lunch. Would go in at 630am and not get off until 7 or 8pm waiting on drivers to finish their routes. Was supposed to get off at 4pm. Horrible management who would scream at you inches from your face for things they did wrong, not you! Also, couldn't get any time off but management took more time than they had off. I have never worked with such horrible people in my life. I have a great job now, with wonderful people and I am paid a lot more.
Pros
Not one pro
Cons
The entire job
no comment
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHOctober 26, 2015
very poor management here. enough said. I really don't have much to say besides it used to be a great place to go to work but became very Witch Hunting in the end !.
Pros
on your own alot
Cons
bad management .
Family environment
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Crestwood, ILOctober 26, 2015
Family environment with supportive management. Just starting the change management process. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning the different scope of the waste industry.
n/a
Roll off Driver (Former Employee) –  Winder, GAOctober 22, 2015
Good company with good benefits had some good and bad as with all companies Over all better than average but not excellent
Vary well put together orginization
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 19, 2015
The management team is well oriented and sophisticated on what the job site is about. Strong but well layed out job . Company cared about safety before anything.
Pros
pay rates
Cons
Smelly environment
Never a dull moment
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Del Valle, TXOctober 19, 2015
A typical day was handling a customer, that did not get their trashed picked up in time or at all!
The most enjoyable part of the job was the perks & rewards for doing a great job!
productive
Driver (Former Employee) –  Kilgore, TXOctober 15, 2015
it was a good job. there was goods and bads as in everyjob. but overall it was a very well company that took care of there customers.
Work Environment is worst ever
Employee (Current Employee) –  EastOctober 15, 2015
Get no support from the area team. HR is terrible to work with not there to help employees. Gone through so many AHRM's now we are on another one.
Pros
Vacation time
Loved working for this company
Maintenance Shop Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLOctober 13, 2015
My co-workers and the customers were the best part of the job for me. Pay was comparable and benefits really good. Workforce reduction layoff because of the loss of a county contract was the reason my employment ended.
Pros
Pay, benefits, co-workers
Cons
County contract loss ended my job.

2.8