Republic Services

Republic Services Employee Reviews

Work
Waste Helper (Former Employee), Springfield ilMarch 25, 2015
Good place to work poor management.The pay was decent for the work. They take 30 minutes a day out for lunch you never have time to take.
Nice guys to work with/ bad shift hours
Diesel Technician (Current Employee), Tucson, AZMarch 25, 2015
Co workers are great guys, the hours are swing/grave and are a bit hard if you want a family life. Benefits and pay are decent. Management needs work.
great work place
Sorter (Former Employee), Hooksett, NHMarch 24, 2015
Pros: hours
Cons: layoff
great bunch of guys to work with hours were great, fast paced and great workout environment learned a lot about sorting plastic and the different kinds
Not a favorable place to work
employee (Former Employee), Delmar, MDMarch 3, 2015
Poor management on all levels. Treat employees poorly and gouge customers with deceptive business practices. Managers worried about falsifying records to make themselves look good, placing employees in unsafe situations,
The job was hard and never fun
Driver Helper (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INMarch 2, 2015
A typical day at work required driving and assisting in emptying garbage cans throughout the city of Fort Wayne. Our work was hard and it required us to be able to perform at a highly physical level.
Fast paced environment / good people
Tractor trailer driver (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: employee barbecues for rewards
Cons: open to the weather temps
The work most of the time is fast paced. safety is important to this company and there are monthly videos and discussions about safety and compliance. Most of the co-workers are friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job is the repetitive movements and routes. The most enjoyable part of the job is being rewarded with cookouts and catering throughout the year and the monthly celebrations of birthdays.
horrible work conditions
DRIVER (Former Employee), Tucson, AZFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: free boots
Cons: no life with family
Overworked and underpayed. 14 hour work days and don't even make 180 dollars. equipment is so worn out I broke down weekly. I broke down 3 times in 2 trucks one day. bosses here you complain and you're out the door.
Faced Paced
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee), Morocco, INFebruary 18, 2015
Spent most days answering incoming calls. Was assigned to special projects on occasion, including data entry and outbound calls. Worked with an excellent team.
Republic Services
Residential & Liquid Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 9, 2015
Great benefits, typical vacation offered, fair compensation. Management turnover seems to be fairly high at times, which creates a challenge when trying to understand the company's vision since there can be quick changes in leadership.
Very Busy Office
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Current Employee), Revere, MAFebruary 5, 2015
I begin my day at 8:00 am and end the day at 5:00 pm with an hour for lunch, since I am the only AP person in the Revere location, we have several divisions, I am very busy most of the time the day goes by very quickly. This is a divsion of the Corporate Office which is in Phoenix.

We are a very large office with most having offices rather than cubilces. Conversation with others is kept to a minimal since most are extremely busy,
Productive, Fun place to work at.
Customer Service - Emailing, Pickups (Former Employee), San Jose, CAFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: feeling great about being at work
Cons: unclean bathrooms
A typical day at work would be logging on to the call center and taking many calls and getting connected to our customers and getting along with management and co-workers. The hardest part of my day is making sure all customers receive great customer service. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing through the phone that they are smiling.
Simple but hard work
Sorter (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: 40 hr week
Cons: short breaks, working conditions
4 or 5 am is a typical day. Stand up picking trash off the conveyor belt for long periods of time with 2 15 min(Unpaid) and 1 30 min(paid) breaks in between. Very Fast paced and interesting although some workers are lazy and management doesn't seem to notice.
Delivered furniture
Truck driver( Trash collector) (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 20, 2015
The company was a okay place to work. The company had it's problems The pay wasn't all that good.
horriable
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), melrose parkJanuary 17, 2015
poor poor poor management. if anyone called DOT today the company would go under. no training. No organization. Lazy workers. Management has not a clue of the equipment knowledge.blind leading the blind.
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Stevensville, MIJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: the company atmosphere, assisting people
Cons: nothign
Working at this company is very rewarding because I am abel to assist customers with their day to day life issue with regard to their accounts
Key Account Manager (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: altruistic contribution to the environment
Cons: management, health care, company directions
The company itself has great potential. We are the largest waste and recycling hauler in California. Typically I would deal with service issues (missed pickups, damages to property) or lower competitive bids. My job would be to maintain the business through my personable relationship and swift resolutions to customer concerns. Because of my ability to swiftly handle customer needs, I often found my self probing for additional business from satisfied customers. I learned to follow a "T" cold call approach with each account I would visit. This approach - knocking on the doors to the left, right and behind the client - allowed me to put up numbers that would rival most new business reps. My co-workers often praised me and my efforts. As a division were often in competitions with neighboring divisions and often won because of my numbers. The hardest part of the job was managing the size of the portfolio given. I was responsible for over 1,200 accounts. It was very difficult to make proactive visits while handling the pressing matters at hand. The most enjoyable part of the job, was enabling clients to become more eco friendly and showing them ways to divert waste from landfill making the world a better place.
Nice place to work. Nice management that care about there people. It's a place you can grow in there company.
Forklift operator (Former Employee), Hazelwood, MOJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: the benefits
Cons: having to work in under pressure.
A typical day at work is loading and unloading trucks. Putting up material. Keeping the place clean. So it can be a safe environment. What I learned is how to use forklifts. How to work in a fast paced environment. Management. They are nice caring for there employees. They the type of management that will get out there with you to show you how things should go. The co-workers are the same way. There a team they work as one you need help. They will come and help. The hardest part of the job is not having space to put material. It's a recycling plant. So some times you get over stocked and you have to make space. The most enjoyable part of the day is when management comes and tell you thank you for your hard work.
do not work for republic
former driver (Former Employee), jacksonville flJanuary 8, 2015
Cons: everything
dont work here do not even try this place sucked they expect way to much in a day they cant keep drivers cause of pay and work load and the ones who do stay have to do the job of three i quit
Not a job for me .
DRIVER (Former Employee), Jenison, MIJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: benefit package seemed ok.
Cons: long hours and to much heavy lifting and really old equipment .
Picking up trash .I learned about the trash business management couldn't get it together . Seemed no one there was happy . The hardest part of the job was jumping in and out at every stop and having to dump trash dumpsters. Really wasn't a very enjoyable job.
Good company. Great experience.
Lead Technician (Current Employee), Plano, TXJanuary 7, 2015
Good company. Great experience. Great with offering educational programs to better knowledge to advance throughout the work place.
Headquarters