Republic Services Employee Reviews

Dispatchers are toxic
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 23, 2017
Cut throat. The dispatchers hate each other, but will dig the same grave to bury you. Dangerous and toxic environment. Redundant work. Supervisors and managers have no clue what they're doing. I've seen monkey scat fights at the zoo more organized than this place.
Pros
Hahahaha!
Cons
No breaks, no time off, work life balance is non existent.
Change is not always good
CUSTOMER DATA SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 23, 2017
Good company, making big changes and the growing pains can be frustrating. Management is in-experienced and the culture can be a tad fake. The training needs work and the supervisors need to take an additional course on leadership as most are new to leadership roles and have issues with assisting team members.
Pros
Pay incentatives
Cons
poor management, communication issues
Terrible Management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 22, 2017
Management was terrible. My supervisor was a new hire with my training class and treated me like she wanted me to fail. No support from upper management about it. I used the restroom while at work, because like a normal human, I need to go. She timed me and I got written up.
Pros
pay
Cons
management
its okay
Customer Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 22, 2017
its a job , management is needs to be more on one accord , overall good job good pay , building is nice and they are trying to make it more comfortable for breaks with the gaming systems
Treat there employee's poorly.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Muscatine, IAMay 22, 2017
That bought the business and took over the pre-on-going business and let go the people that had a lot of time in, and did not give any year of serviced paid.
Worse experience of my life
Customer resource associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 22, 2017
From the moment I walked into the building all of the managers were rude, during training they kept having these meetings with our training class and these people never had a positive thing to say and the worse part is I was hired in thoughts that I would be making $16 an hour to only be making $14 and no one could tell us when it would increase
Constant stress
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 22, 2017
Excellent pay and benefits but the managers micro manage to the point were you fail. They constantly blame drivers for all mishaps. Customers dont adhere to company policies.
Pros
Pay and benefits.
Cons
Stressful work environment
Time for a Change
Parts Clerk/Purchasing (Current Employee) –  N Charleston, SCMay 22, 2017
Time for a Change - I have worked here and will not advance due to no degree, I only have knowledge, I love my job but looking to see what else can be offered.
Cool place ro work at
Truck Driver/Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 21, 2017
Well I don't know how things are now with this company but back then all they want was for Simone to work hard an run the routs on time every day the gave good bonus too
High energy fast pace very physical job able to work in any weather conditions
Driver of Refuge truck (Current Employee) –  Pontiac, MIMay 21, 2017
Enjoy the people I work with Republic Services I love the work physicalness of it the benefits hard work but with good Rewards excellent insurance with great pay
Pros
Pay with great insurance outdoor work
Cons
Being able to keep the contracts
Gained a lot of experience
LEAD CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 20, 2017
Republic Services was my first serious job. I gained some much experience dealing with difficult customers and employees. Even though the company has job security and pays well it is a dead end job.
Enjoyed this job, however stability due to new management was questionable
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  18500 Allied Way, Scottdale, AZMay 19, 2017
Loved this job and the ability to change lives. Everyday presented new and welcomed challenges, it was great having the opportunity to make a difference in the waste industry.
Pros
Ability to help others
Cons
New management caused department chaos and created an unstable work environment
Very busy and active place to work, family oriented
Gate Attendant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 17, 2017
I love my new job at republic services. It has been a great experience. They have been understanding with working with me with dealing with family issues.
stay away
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMay 17, 2017
working second shift you have no life. overtime is the only thing that makes this job worth it. but if you worked 40 hours a week you wouldn't make squat. job security absolutely no one else wants to work on trash trucks. as for advancement good luck getting a promotion or a raise. terrible management they don't care about your hard work or your credentials you're just a body to fill a spot. very few mechanics that work here know how to fix trucks properly. constant come backs and all the work is put on second shift.
benefits
Cons
everything else
Trash Services Industry
Route Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 15, 2017
Enjoyed this job and raises which came with it. Management communicated with employees well. Had a chance to be involved in suggestions for better efficiency gains for the company to be more profitable. Physically challenging and the hours worked daily were long.
Pros
Pay and ability to move up
Cons
Long hour days of 14 hours or more took a toll on family life
regular job
Utility person equipment operator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 15, 2017
simply put you do your job then go home. if there is an opportunity for overtime it will be offered and you can accept or deny. the pay is great for the work you are required to do.
adventurous job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCMay 15, 2017
pre-trip truck, grab route, partner and necessary tools for job (trash bags, garbage cans, gloves etc.), then start route. completion depends upon you.
Pros
adventurous, physical job keeps you in shape
Cons
stinky, smelly trash, dreadful landfill, chase by dogs
fast paced
Industrial Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 14, 2017
Dispatching for Industrial line of business, assisting other departments through the day. Data entry for end of day completion. Learn the workings of all lines of business with the ability to crossover when needed in all lines of business.
Pros
Pay
Cons
need more of a challenging career
Good environment
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Pontiac, MIMay 14, 2017
Good place of employment. I've worked here for 17years and it has had it's up and down, but overall it's been a good experience. Unfortunately the company is downsizing which will result in me having to find employment elsewhere.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
No 401k
Good pay, Can be home early everyday
thrower/driver (Former Employee) –  Hudson, FLMay 13, 2017
The pay while I was there was per day, no hourly. As long as you got your route done, emptied truck at landfill, and fueled and maintained truck each day you went home as soon as this was all accomplished. Left plenty of time for home or a 2nd job at the end of each day there. Had some incentives to stay late and help finish another route. Had some issues with the new management when they took over, but have heard that most of them are gone now. Would go back if still lived in area.
Pros
If work hard and accuratey can be done early everyday, good pay
Cons
Management at the time I was there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Republic Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9