Republic

Republic Employee Reviews

Too much drama
Server/Hostess (Former Employee), Idaho Falls, IDJuly 16, 2015
Such a small staff created alot of drama, really was a fun place to work, there was just no money to be made. I assisted in the opening of the restaurant, hoping being a brand new restaurant, we would be busy. but we were not.
My current Employer
Sr. Credit And Collection Specialists (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 6, 2015
My typical day at work is a very busy atmosphere. I love working with my coworkers and the management team. I have learned a lot working for my current employer but there is no advancement within the job. The most enjoyable part of working at my current employer is that we all get along.
Learned a lot about the community
Loader (Former Employee), McDonough, GAMay 31, 2015
Learned a lot of new things about the company and the communities that I worked in. My co workers were very knowledgeable and treated me with respect.
Good place to work.
Maintenance Clerk (Former Employee), Shreveport, LAMay 13, 2015
Typical fun work environment. Good employees, good benefits. The job was in line with my experience. I would go back to this company and recommend this company to others.
Fasted paced environment. Tremendous growth opportunity.
Division Controller, All Service Refuse (Current Employee), Lauderhill FloridaMarch 4, 2015
Pros: allows for creative thinking and personal growth
Cons: work life balance.
I spend the majority of my time training, mentoring, cost cutting initiatives and profitability. Work with the general manager, operations and sales, reviewing staffing, routing and customer profitability.

We are currently experiencing growth in the Miami Dade market which allow us the flexibility to grow our foot print outside of Broward County.
Good
Avionics System Repairer (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXFebruary 11, 2015
Its the army its only as good as what you make it. Hard to advance in certain specialties. Great benefits, poor pay for what we do but can't really complain. I had fun serving my country.
good workplace and enjoyable co-workers
scale operator (Former Employee), Brook, INJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: benefits and job security
-typical day at work for me was making sure everything was organized and make sure every truck that came across the scale was weighed in properly.

-I learned how to talk and communicate to others and how to be organized and computer skills.

-my co-workers at my jobs were great and got along with all of them and communication was great.

-The hardest part was the long hours and being stuck in the scale house for 10-12 hrs a day.

-The most enjoyable part of the job was the benefits and job security that I had.
Stay away from Capital Heights/ Washington DC division
Account Manager (Current Employee), Washington, DCNovember 20, 2014
Pros: good base salare. great industry
Cons: management is very out of touch
Company is O.K. Industry is great and pretty much recession proof. The Capital Heights/ Washington DC division however operate by a very different set of rules, other then the company standards. Never have I seen a more disorganized, baffling bunch of moron's that call themselves "management". The "business" decisions that they make do not make sense to the employes, more importantly, the customers. As an account manager you are required to defend against 18-20 percent price increases daily. And when you try to explain loggically why it would not make sense, you are giving the most redicolous answers. My short time there I saw 3 people complain to HR about the idiot sales manager and nothing happened. She even joked to other employees about it. and commission! HAHA! thats a joke! Be prepared to never make the commission they promise you. From your first day, you will have customers calling you that hate Republic Services your head will be spinning. But, in the rare event that you do make commission, please be prepared to have it be delayed. Or, as I was told by the the moron sales manager she "forgot" to hand in my commission. This place is a joke! RUN!!!!
Night and day difference in shifts. Day shift good, night shift irresponsible.
Maintenance Clerk (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXNovember 15, 2014
Pros: good benefits package
Cons: too many bullies in one shop. good place if maintenance manager was there 24/7.
The Maintenance Manager was a good person, but he had no control of the people working under him. The place would have been a total mess if the daytime supervisor did not know his stuff. The night supervisor was a total jerk to me the time I was there. If you did not agree with him, you were the enemy. They had a person doing the parts ordering that did not even know what she was ordering. She never got up from her desk to receive parts. She simply signed the delivery invoice. I had to return to vendor, almost half of what was lying on shelves and floor in parts room. I was allowed to come in on a Saturday every now and then to clean up the mess. One Saturday, the girl come in at 11:00 am after partying with the Human Resources lady the previous night. After the parts room was cleaned up and parts returned to vendor, the nightshift supervisor had his lead mechanic threaten me. I was not welcome and I knew it. Once I cleaned up their mess, I was bullied out. I have no respect for that Republic Service team. Human Resources lady told perspective employers bad reviews about me. I guess Human Resources thought I would take the job of her party going buddy.
This was a productive and fun place to work and the environment was professional but laid back.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 15, 2014
One of the best assignment's i have been on. The competitions at work were a blast i won most of them. We had decorating contest and we were divided up by teams and that was the best part to see some of the ppl that you were in training with on a different team and to challenge them to see who has the lowest hold time or to see who answer the most call per team. That was a great environment due to the excitement there in the building every day there was something to look forward to.
This was a place that help advance my skills as a leader
Residential Waste Managment Driver (Former Employee), 832 Langsdale Avenue Indianapolis IN 46202August 22, 2014
Pros: self-monitoring autonomy
Cons: no advancement opportunities
This was a place that help advance my skills as a leader, without the authoritative position. I had my difficult times but overall as I was learning, and trying to keep up my part of the social contract with the company; I wanted more challenges. This would have to be the only drawback for me; with not being given the chance to advance and be recognized as a person in positional authority; to enhance upon the leadership skills. I fell ill in April 2011 and could not walk or use my hands I had chronic Rheumatoid arthritis. I suffered with the form of arthritis for 5 years before it became chronic. They tried to help me out at work, by letting me park by my truck, until the one day I could not even get dressed for work, this is why I said the job was a secure job. A new drug saved my life called Humara, this is a self-injection medication. I am walking again in the gym working on flexibility, and now ready to get back into the work force, as all of this had afforded me the chance to go back to school and get a degree, to go with my many years of leadership experience.
Just horrible
Driver Service Coordinator & Dispatcher (Former Employee), LouisianaJuly 23, 2014
Pros: zero
Cons: everything in a nut shell, horrible, filthly facility.
By far the worst place I've ever worked. No compassion for anything or anyone other than "get the trash up". GM & Mgmt is just horrible. There is absolutely no structure, no core, no order whatsoever. Trucks are always broken, routes are always split therefore there is an abundance of missed stops daily. The moral is the worst I've ever witnessed & experienced at any work place. You report issues or problems to mgmt & HR, nothing is done.
Fun place to work
Assistant Division Controller (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 17, 2014
Fun place to work that's geared towards employee growth and development
Goal-Oriented Enviroment
Dispatcher (Current Employee), Columbia, SCMay 28, 2014
Pros: communication, and free lunches when we have staff meetings
Cons: micro-management
When you first walk into the door at work the very first thing that should be done is to check email. This is a critical point because this can either offset your day or make it extremely great. Being a dispatcher for a trucking company is very challenging because your job depends on if you have running trucks or if your trucks have broken down. Being in this position has taught me patience more than anything. Management and Co-workers are all under the same amount of stress that you are because we all want to see the company succeed but there are times when things get tense but we know that it's just a part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is the drivers coming in knowing that you are having a bad day and they will do anything or say anything to get you laughing to make your day just that better. Overall, we try to treat each other like family.
No Comment
George Jr (Former Employee), Grove City, PAFebruary 19, 2014
I would rather not review this company at this time. The position required way too much travel and this was not disclosed at the time of hire.
not a bad place to work
sorter recycling (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLNovember 13, 2013
Pros: it was ok to work
Cons: not a fill time job
the work was hard but i like it it was a good place to work did a lot of clean up
Good work environment
rear load waste truck driver/operator (Former Employee), Blaine, MNNovember 11, 2013
Enjoyed my co workers and the variety of work, although there could have been better communication regarding pickup and delivery locations and instructions.
They keep changing Crop. management
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Wheeling, WVSeptember 26, 2013
When you get a new Manager, every thing you was doing under the old manager was wrong. But the old manger has moved to another location and still with the company. They can't keep any of there middle management.
If you can manage here, you can manage anywhere....
Division Manager/ Operations Manager (Former Employee), Charlottesville, Richond, Roanoke, VASeptember 20, 2013
Pros: great salary and benefits
Cons: lack of basic resources to perform essential job functions
The environment is fast paced and dynamic. Everyday is a new challenge. The most difficult part of the day was managing within compliance regulations with a lack of resources. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the General Manager- excellent caliber of person, loyal and supportive.
Very busy, lots of heavy lifting
Commercial/Residential Refuse Collector (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 26, 2013
Pros: meeting nice people(custmers/residents)
Cons: short breaks
The hardest part about this job is working for LONG hours certain weather conditions.

Republic Salaries