Republic Employee Reviews

Horrible. The worst experience of my life
Executive Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAOctober 13, 2017
This place is a miserable mire of poor management and maximum profits. Regularly was asked to violate health code. The executive chef was an immature and vindictive person who knew very little of technique or flavor, and even less of proper people management. I still get anxiety driving past it.
Fun work environment.
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZOctober 3, 2017
Republic Services, great work environment. Newly built facility. Brand new equipment. Clean environment. Employees with great spirit. Supervisors/Managers caring about their employees.
It was a wonderful place to work in
Teaching Methodology Advisor (Former Employee) –  RemoteOctober 3, 2017
I was given morale by the managers to work harder. I trained primary and secondary school teachers on learner centered meths. I was privileged to travel to schools
Ok but not great
Sales (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXSeptember 20, 2017
Work too many hours and don't receive enough pay. 100% commission for selling a luxury item is not profitable unless you have been in the business for over 3 years.
daily
Waste Management (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 11, 2017
its a good job that gives you good hours. To work with trash all day, then pay is not too good but sometimes you have to take whats given. Good place to work, good, people.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLSeptember 6, 2017
Overall great company. It is fast paced. You will work hard but once you learn your route and get adjusted it becomes easy. The company value their employees and show appreciation.
Pros
good pay, good staff, flexible hours, employee appreciation
Cons
unpredictable days
Decent Fist Job
Clinical Manager (Current Employee) –  Grove City, PAAugust 1, 2017
Assist others in managing and supervision of male youth ages 8-20. Average of 8 hours a day living with the youth and managing different youth and helping create coping strategies and life skills.
High Volume restaurant
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 26, 2017
Always busy for the most part, fun and upbeat. Great music. Learned how to serve here originally. Management were not cohesive and lack professionalism a lot of the time. The GM would fraternize with his employees, creating an uncomfortable and hostile environment. The culture was young, artistic, and high-school like. The hardest part for everyone was separating their personal feelings from their work ethic. The best part is this is where I launched my serving career.
Pros
free meals, good pay, fast work day
Cons
managment
good place to work
Parking Valet Service (Current Employee) –  Highfill, ARJune 13, 2017
it was a good place to work, and the co workers are like a team. i do meet alot of new people who go the airport and leave the airport too. you may have slow days and then there is days you run all day long.
Pros
control your time and focus on using time to your advanagte
Cons
no pto, insurance, no vacation
productive workplace
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXMay 16, 2017
organized and structured ,,management is the best,, the hours were great but the pay was not exceptional.. but if given the chance I would definitely go back
productive work environment
wetline rcycable sorter (Former Employee) –  malpitas caMay 16, 2017
my duties were to recycle any materials that would come through such as bottles metal wood electronics any items that would jam the conveyor belt my job was fun i had good co workers and a very on point supervisor my super would have me do extra work that needed to be done if not we would lose company money such as cleaning the conveyor belts and keeping them clean my workplace was ethnically diverse a lot of fun loving hard working people which made my job that much easier
Pros
food truck would come at lunch
Cons
poor work equipment
Teamwork
Industrial Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 24, 2017
Great team environment everyone helps everyone. No micro management leadership allows you to perform a job and that what matter. Commission structure in this industry all around aren't the best when compared to other industries.
Pros
Teamwork, work-life balance, management
Cons
Commission breakdown
good company
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jenison, MIMarch 24, 2017
Republic started as a good company and great management. It was a fun, reliable place to go to work. A lot of great people worked there and cared for each other.
Pros
gained lots of customer service experience
Cons
management
Data Entry/Billing and Collection Assistant (Current Employee) –  South Florida, FLJanuary 11, 2017
I enjoy the work culture. Fast paced environment, must be able to adapt to immediate policy changes. Management could use a course in "People-skills".

Hardest part of this position is coming to terms with the fact that 300+ people will be transitioning out of this company due to Corporate restructuring. If this affects you...Good Luck in your future en-devours
Pros
Weekly pay...over-time available
Cons
Corporate Restructuring
Small company
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 9, 2017
This company at the time seemed to have good intensions...had good trainer but upper management was not around to help with problems
lack of communication within the company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CANovember 23, 2016
management never had good communication with the staff and even other managers. Managers never wanted to deal with upset customers. Co- workers helped each other out all the time, due to the fact that we never had proper training.
Consistent, quaint, friendly
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 14, 2016
This was a pleasant place to work. The hours are typical office hours, there wasn't anytime I was asked to stay late and the staff is relatively nice. The management is usually understanding and the responsibilities are consistent from day to day. The work load is usually light and the most difficult part of the job is the verification of information which can be difficult at any company.
Good starting job for Sales
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 11, 2016
High turnover in Management and Sales reps
Learned a lot in Inside Sales, great starting position
High volume book of business, keeps you busy.
Good Company
Operations Clerk (Current Employee) –  Edinburg, TXNovember 9, 2016
At Republic Services, we’re guided by five essential core values – to be Respectful, Responsible, Reliable, Resourceful, and Relentless in all we do, every day. Our highly passionate, professional team is reminded of these principles every time they see the five R’s joined together to form the Republic Services Star. It’s what makes us who we are, reminding us to keep our customers at the heart of it all.
Great Potential
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYNovember 8, 2016
Good pay, good benefits, good perks. I get to spend all day everyday in the field calling on potential customers and building rapport with existing customers.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Perks
Cons
Highest priced service provider, company constantly raises prices on customers