Republic Employee Reviews

Consistent, quaint, friendly
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 14, 2016
This was a pleasant place to work. The hours are typical office hours, there wasn't anytime I was asked to stay late and the staff is relatively nice. The management is usually understanding and the responsibilities are consistent from day to day. The work load is usually light and the most difficult part of the job is the verification of information which can be difficult at any company.
Good starting job for Sales
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 11, 2016
High turnover in Management and Sales reps
Learned a lot in Inside Sales, great starting position
High volume book of business, keeps you busy.
Good Company
Operations Clerk (Current Employee) –  Edinburg, TXNovember 9, 2016
At Republic Services, we’re guided by five essential core values – to be Respectful, Responsible, Reliable, Resourceful, and Relentless in all we do, every day. Our highly passionate, professional team is reminded of these principles every time they see the five R’s joined together to form the Republic Services Star. It’s what makes us who we are, reminding us to keep our customers at the heart of it all.
Great Potential
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYNovember 8, 2016
Good pay, good benefits, good perks. I get to spend all day everyday in the field calling on potential customers and building rapport with existing customers.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Perks
Cons
Highest priced service provider, company constantly raises prices on customers
Fast past family oriented work place
Driver (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVNovember 8, 2016
Loved what I did. Fun company to work for. Supervisors are willing to help you in any way possible. Constant meetings in the morning to help you prepare for the work day. Super friendly environment
Pros
Safety award progress
Cons
Hard but fun work most days
A great company to work for.
Driver/Floater (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WANovember 8, 2016
A typical day at Republic Services starts with clocking in and dressed in the appropriate uniform. Grab your route sheets and vehicle inspection sheet. Review your route sheets for new customers and changes to your route sheets. Then you head out to your truck to inspect to insure your truck is in working order. Your route (depending on your line of business) could contain between 5 to 1500 stops on your route.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Hours you may work and sometimes the weather
good company to work for
Residential Driver (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 6, 2016
very secure line of work. always overtime available. however they tend to over work there employees and show little consideration for how they feel. would not go back.
Great company to work for
Driver (Current Employee) –  Crown Point, INNovember 6, 2016
Great pay, but hard work I love working for republic. The schedule also makes for happy workers mon-Friday. I would recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Pay, schedule
Cons
Hard work, weather
It was a Temporary Job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 2, 2016
Work, answer the calls, take your breaks and lunch when scheduled and go home. Not the most enjoyable place to work. Training was extensive however, when you got out on the floor all the answers to questions were what does KMT say. It is the system used. Not helpful when you have used the tools given and the info is not in there and or is incorrect.
Pros
M-F
Great review
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 31, 2016
Great thing to have easy to do I work so hard and this job was great for me it's was aye great company nice people to work with its really aye easy job
Billing Processor (Former Employee) –  York, PAOctober 26, 2016
Wonderful coworkers. The job is a fast paced environment. The management tries to give you all the tools you need to perform your duties. The benefits are competitive with other companies.
Talented people
Quality Assurance Analyst and Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 25, 2016
A lot of large talent here.

Worked closely with the team. Modern ideas, efficient team, very good agile environment.

Skills used include:
HTML, JS, jQuery, CSS, PhantomJs, CasperJS, Protractor, AngularJs
Everyday brings a new adventure
National Account Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 25, 2016
I come in an check my emails and reply to them in order of importance.

I've learned so much about Excel and working in Sales Force and Aldon, CBS and applying cash.

I love my co-workers they have become Family.

The hardest part of the job is when you are being asked to stop one project your working on to start another.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when we have our random moments of laughter.
Pros
Subsidized lunches
Cons
No policies and procedure manuals of performing job task.
Great People to work with, not to work for.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVOctober 24, 2016
During my time at Republic I experienced three separate managers and five different supervisors. It seemed that no one knew what the current rules were leading to good hard working employees to be terminated.
everyday pulling out trash containers.
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAOctober 19, 2016
My current position is hands on out in the field going to different businesses and pulling out there trash containers to be dispose of.
Pros
pay
Cons
no help
Republic Services
Division Accountant (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 13, 2016
The office consists of management, clerical, and a facility that houses maintenance on the garbage trucks to go together in a full central operations. I have learned how to integrate accounting functions and field functions. Management is hands on and follows strict guidelines. Co-workers range from a variety of jobs from clerical to mechanics and have a wide variety of skill sets. The hardest part of Republic is adhering to ever changing guidelines and processes. The most enjoyable part of working for Republic is working with the diverse group of people.
Pros
Safety and compliance
Cons
Redundant guidelines
Driver (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 11, 2016
You start at 6:00 am until your route is completed you may have to help your co-workers out as they might have to help you. the hardest part of the job is working in different weather conditions
Benefits
Cons
weather conditions
Good overall place to work
Maintenance Adminstrator (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAOctober 6, 2016
Loved my job. No advancement opportunities. Had to work holidays. Good people to work with and good training. Managers were helpful and easy to work with.
Pros
Enjoyed the people I worked with.
Cons
No advancement in my position
Good working place
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 6, 2016
I work in the field and do a lot of marketing to increase sales. I work pretty much all day based on calls and production. I've learned a lot over that past 5 yrs and management is all easy to work with. my co workers are fun too. The hardest part of my job would have to be the long travels and weather. The most i enjoy about my job is the flexibility.
Pros
Flexibility, people and product
Cons
Pay
Its a very good work place. I love going to work daily. Its was hard work but everybody comes together an get the job done.
Residential Driver (Former Employee) –  Hutchins, TXOctober 6, 2016
I learned a lot about the trash company. Management helps you out a lot they give u best way to secede.Good benefits hour to put in really good company to work for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Republic. Our community is ready to answer.