ResCare Premier

ResCare Premier Employer Reviews

Very great place to work!
Community Support Specialist (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIFebruary 11, 2014
Really enjoyed working in this company and for the ladies that resided in this home. This was a company that I didn't mind getting uo and coming to work for.
I have worked with participants with acquired and traumatic brain injuries.
Rehab Educator (Current Employee), San Marcos, TXNovember 30, 2013
Pros: we get to go on outings with our participants, such as going to the movies and dinner.
I have enjoyed working at Rescare. We help our participants with daily living and help to keep them involved in the community as well as keeping a home environment.
Became overwhelming
Life Skills/ Group Instructor (Former Employee), San Marcos, TXNovember 15, 2013
It started out great, a lot of good perks until the students became more and more aggressive as newer staff came along. It was overwhelming at times but I stuck around because I loved the kids and wanted to help my teammates out in difficult situations
Promotes creativity and autonomy.
Executive Director (Current Employee), Milan, MISeptember 18, 2013
Pros: flexibility
Cons: support
No two days are ever alike. That is one of the things I do love. My co-workers are fantastic. We are truly a team that is working hard towards the same goal of providing quality care. Work days are long and it is rare to have a day when you can leave work behind. Doing more with less has been an adjustment. I don't however regret a second. I have learned – more... so much in my 17 years with this company. I at this point need something more; something different. – less
A workplace that focuses on clients
Rehabilitation Educator (Current Employee), San Marcos, TXAugust 17, 2013
The company focuses on valuing the needs of brain-injured clients. Getting satisfaction from the job is easy, although it can be stressful at times. Patience is a necessity, my coworkers are part of a hardworking team.
Productive excellent work environment
Executive Director; Director of Programs (Current Employee), Downers Grove, ILJune 18, 2013
Here, there was not a typical work day. We offered many services and our passion was about providing the best possible care to each and every patient and family.
productive
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee), W Bloomfield, MIMay 8, 2013
very productive, I enjoyed helping the patients with day to day living.
Good
Rehabilitation Educator II (Current Employee), Milan, MIApril 13, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: small environment
While working with ResCare, I learned a lot. My favorite thing to learn was passing medications because it was something I needed to learn in order to be in this field. I enjoy the time around my management and coworkers. Hardest part of the job is making sure that clients do not mistake you as a friend and instead, view you as a staff member. Most – more... enjoyable would be going on outings with the clients. – less
Good experience in the mental health field.
Rehabilitation Educator (Former Employee), Seguin, TXFebruary 8, 2013
Looks good on your resume.
Free meals on the shifts that you work.
If you can work there long enough, they will certify you as a brain injury specialist.
Very rewarding job having the opportunity to helps others.
Rehab educator, CPR and First-Aid (Former Employee), Seguin, TXNovember 10, 2012
Pros: free meals throughout a shift, and got to stay on the clock. got to attend entertaining events such as concerts, sporting events, movie theater, etc.
Cons: a lot of responsibility on the line. deal with medications, elopement of participants, physical and verbal aggression. you get used to it though :)
Enjoyed this job a lot! Found a side of me that made me realize how fortunate I am for everything I have. It was very team oriented as well as loose and fun, but also professional.
Good Place to work, Wonderful Company
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee), Flushing MI 48433October 22, 2012
Good place to work, Great people, wonderful company, Top notch afc home
productive and fun workplace Loving people
Rehab Educator (Current Employee), San Marcos, TXSeptember 23, 2012
Great co workers and great place to gain experience great place to work would recommend this to everyone who loves helping others
Brain Injury Rehabilitation with young adults
Program Director-Rehabilitation clinic (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 24, 2012
Worked within the confines of a unique state-funded model that allowed people with brain injuries to receive up to one year of therapy through a Medicaid waiver.
Unpredictable Work Day for the Better
Level 2 Rehab Educator (Current Employee), San Marcos, TXApril 18, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule, week-long training, opportunities to advance
Cons: long drive
I work as a rehab educator assisting people with brain injuries. If you have ever worked with someone that has a brain injury or disability then you will know it is an experience like no other. The environment is very positive. The participants are good people and are good to work with on any given day. Most of their days consist of working on their – more... speech or physical abilities through programs individually tailored to them. There are a few days where they go on group outings and have the option of scheduling their own personal outing with a particular staff meeting. There are 7 facilities in my area and I work at the one that deals with more of the behavior issues. Sometimes you have to cue, or remind, the participants to stay focused on their structure and tasks. Co-workers of all facilities are friendly and helpful towards any new employees that come to work. Management also has a friendly demeanor as well. My executive director, who is my supervisor's boss, knows the name of every employee and participant of the 7 facilities and that is well over 250 names. From my supervisor I have learned choosing your own battles since the participants sometimes do not follow every rule, but you want to make sure they follow the ones that keep them safe. The hardest part of my job is that since members of management has worked there so long, participants seem to listen more to supervisors rather than regular staff. But it is also in that manner with staff who have worked there for a while as well. But regardless of anything I just mentioned the best part about this job is when the participants are happy. There is no better feeling than seeing them accomplish a goal, seeing a family member, or having a blast on a group outing. That is what makes it the best job in the world. – less