ResCare Employee Reviews

Found 2,302 reviews matching the search
Place sucks under paid
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVJanuary 22, 2017
The work place has a high turn over rate.. Also workers are underpaid... Mangers promise stuff and you never get it... Also you have to work to death to get a pay check.... Also if you want a job in the office you have to kiss alot of a**
Pros
Cons
No breaks and under paid...
Everybody Cahoots with each other
Direct Support Personal (Former Employee) –  , NJJanuary 22, 2017
From CEO down to management. Not worth $10 an hour. Back biters. Sneaky management. Management does not want to here complains. Working with coworkers was terrible.Things we're not taken seriously . Bunch of butt kisses doing all the managers work shopping taking the people to the doctor's. Better keep your mouth shut if you want a job.
Workplace
ADT (Former Employee) –  Hazard, KYJanuary 21, 2017
Its an ok place to work I just enjoyed helping clients and talking to them about there day and for them to know that if they ever had a problem that they know that they can always come to me and talk about whatever they are going thru
Pros
N/A
Cons
POOR MANAGEMENT
Fun work place
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKJanuary 20, 2017
I was working at the rescare in Fairbanks Alaska
It was a good job
I love coming in to work
Really like the coworkers they were all helpful
Love the clients
weekend
Direct Support Proffesional (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJanuary 20, 2017
I only work PRNweekend on this job with all females. I learn more patience and how to cope with each individual. We would go on outings and etc.
Cons
no break
The clients were delightful to work with
House lead and care giver (Former Employee) –  Seymour, INJanuary 19, 2017
I would go into work and get all the ladies ready for work, then we would all get into the van to go pick up other clients for work. I would drop them off at workshop and the take the one client that stays home to their doctor app. Then I would come back to the clients house and do all the paperwork and feed them lunch. T hen the next shift would come in to relieve me.
Pros
love working with the clients
Cons
insurence sucked
it's okay so far with the company
Patient Care Assistant (PCA) (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 18, 2017
It's okay so far with the company'sjust tlooking for a better work environment and better pay for career I will be more interested in and moving up to a better position and meeting new people
Pros
it's okay
Cons
it's okay
Positive, productive work environment
In-Home Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Lapeer, MIJanuary 18, 2017
Typical day at work should consist of getting what needs to be done, done. Having a positive attitude not only to the residents, but to employees as well. Accomplish everything as a team and business will be all in good spirits. Keeping employees in check of what they need to be doing with a helpful, confident attitude.
Pros
Clean Environment
Cons
Constant Gossip
Not a good enviroment
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Henderson, KYJanuary 18, 2017
I loved working with the clients, however the amount of overtime that was needed due to employees being multiple hours late to their shifts, without them receiving corrective action, meant a single shift could range anywhere from 8 hours to 36 hours. The lack of professionalism in management along with the blatant favoritism was honestly ridiculous. Most of my coworkers were good friendly people. The hardest part of the job without a doubt is being under-equipped to properly care for clients. More often than not there wasn't enough food in the house and in order to feed the clients I'd have to use my own money and not receive any form of compensation. Grocery lists were routinely ignored as well. All in all this is a place you should only work at if you enjoy kissing up to management in order to get away with not doing your job.
Pros
Helping Others
Cons
Favoritism in management, Low Pay
negative work environment
Residential Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 17, 2017
very stressful, poor job training, poor organization and infrastructure, hostile workplace, not enough support, staff not well trained or educated, very unprofessional place
Hard work - MUST be the kind of person to handle this kind of job
Direct Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, OHJanuary 17, 2017
The company as a whole is not managed in the best way, but what it comes down to is the care of the clients. The DCPs make or break the day of the clients and it's really up to them to uphold the highest standard of living for these individuals.
Pros
very flexible schedule
Cons
could work for 24+ hours straight
productive
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXJanuary 17, 2017
Busy conducting programmatics, answeing calls and multitasking to meet the needs of a clients in the community. Job is difficult but rewarding. Must be able to multitask
Pros
rewarding
Cons
short breaks
Providing the best care possible
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 17, 2017
Working for ResCare, you have to have a heart to want to love and care for someone who may be less fortunate or need assistant in different ways. Traveling and meeting new people is the best part of the job. The hardest part of the job Is dealing with behaviors and attitudes and having to maintain a professional stand point no matter what. The job allows you to care and provide love, assistant, and to make someone life a little easier one day at a time
Pros
Seeing the smile on someone face knowing u made their day better
Cons
Getting assulted by a client when you trying to help them
Not a good place to work
Assistant Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYJanuary 16, 2017
The houses are consistently full of filth and disgusting. The clients rarely have enough food to last them through the week, and staff regularly neglect to grocery shop for clients.
I enjoy the work.
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Frankfort, KYJanuary 15, 2017
A typical day at work could be 16 hour days, which I don't mind at all. They have mental health issues so sometimes it's really hard to deal with but I remember that they need help and I try my best to help them.
Pros
I feel that I'm a really big help to them.
Cons
The pay is ridiculous low.
Great team work And respectful co workers.
Program Counselor (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 14, 2017
Worked with 4 high needs pleasurable consumers who were very social with staff. I enjoyed helping the consumers fulfill their needs. Great teamwork with co workers and friendly atmosphere.
Pleasant Experience with ResCare
Talent Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 14, 2017
Enjoying my current employment with ResCare, have not been there long enough to give a full review. Will return to give more details at a better time.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Communication between workers
Homecare Solution
Client Services Supervisor/Marketer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 14, 2017
Building relationships and marketing to potential referral sources. Enjoyed meeting new people and being out in the field. Lack of communication and vision for company.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Vision
Awesome office staff but terrible pay
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, ID 83814January 13, 2017
Rescare is great in some ways. If you want time off they are always understanding. They always find hours to fit whatever schedule you need. The office staff is awesome. They are so friendly and good people in general. The negative side to working for them is the pay and zero benefits. You can work for them for years and never receive a raise. I would work for them forever if you could survive on the pay.
Pros
Working in the community with great people
Cons
Terrible pay
great job
Direct Support Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 13, 2017
horrible management, they don't listen to any of your concerns, horrible pay for what your required to do. the group home setting was ok, but the managers were never there, mainly the team lead ran the group home. coworkers were ok, but some of them were rude and not helpful at all. I learned that mentally disabled persons are great and just as important and have great views like everyone else.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ResCare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7