ResCare

ResCare Employer Reviews

Loved helping individuals but no work/life balance
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee), Centerville, INMarch 26, 2015
The longer you work for ResCare, the more political it became. They hired a staff member for supervisor who did not know how to do every aspect of the job and was more of a manipulator than the residents
Very Unprofessional
Direct support Professional (Former Employee), Macon, GAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: none
Management is very unprofessional and inconsiderate of their staff members.i would never work for Macon ga ResCare. I wouldnt let a family member or friend send someone here.
Central Florida ResCare - Avoid
Direct Care (Former Employee), Salem HomesMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Outstanding Program Managers and clients
Cons: Low pay, long hours, mandatory overtime, unapproachable Sr. Mgt.
I understand, from ResCare employees in other areas, that it is an outstanding company. In other locations, people love this company. I presently work with ResCare employees from another location and they have nothing but good to say! Salem Homes of Florida, managed by ResCare, is not a good place to work. Subjective Senior Management. Employees are required to work "mandatory overtime" because the company can not keep reliable employees. If you have a choice, work somewhere else. Poor benefits. Awful PTO. Low pay and no performance raises. Poor training. Little to no chance for advancement. No career path. Program Manager's have poor to little support.
I had a excellent experience with working for ResCare Loved it
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee), Baxley GaMarch 23, 2015
Pros: meeting new people and caring for them and when i leave the smile on their face
Cons: traveling but it wasnt a problem
everyday was different i nverknew what each day was gone bring, I loved meeting new people and care for them, i learned to work with various emotions attitudes as well as cultures. I was a Joy.
Productive and a great place to work
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee), Macon, GAMarch 20, 2015
I love this company simply because I can work and still have time to be with my family. Workdays are okay, never a hard one. I've learned about a lot about different health conditions that one may have and how they handle life on a daily basis. Management are always friendly. I don't see co-workers often, but when I do they are nice to me. The hardest part of my job is hoping that your new client really likes you and won't be mean to you. The most enjoyable part is going home at the end of the work day and feel good that you helped someone out that day. Not everyone is fortunate enough to receive help and to be able to get help is a blessing.
Terrible just terrible
Volunteer Campus Support Worker (Former Employee), Edison, NJMarch 16, 2015
This is the worst place to work. Live on campus cleaning after a bunch of grown people and not getting paid. The place is not managed properly and the food is terrible. It is a waste of time but it does help some learn how to be an adult
healthcare
CIA (Current Employee), Holly, MIMarch 13, 2015
Help with gaining experience in the health field. It is a okay starter job to work at. They have flexible schedules. The co workers were pretty nice and outgoing.
The reason for the work we do is very, very important!!!
Human Resources Specialist/Coordinator (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 13, 2015
Pros: most of the employees are great!!
Cons: the fact you can never get a raise.
No increases ever. Part time employees get no vacation, no sick time and no holiday pay. Management is hard to work with sometimes. They never want to hear any suggestions or ideas. Lots of stress and anger among employees and management. I have never worked in a place where there is so much tension.
Awesome Individuals, co workers and management team.
I assist (Current Employee), Hillsboro, OHMarch 13, 2015
Pros: coworkers
Cons: not flexible anymore, getting less hours
Assiting 12 individuals with their daily routines, helping them be as independent as possible. we do cleaning, cooking, helping with showers and hygiene. going shopping on appointments. etc..
Fun to work with residents
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INMarch 12, 2015
I worked with mentally disabled adults. The only enjoyable part of this job was working with the residents. The pay was bad, management was bad, and there was a lot of drama between coworkers. In 3 1/2 yrs of employment we never received a pay increase and the company does not work with their employees with emergencies. Also, they tend to fire good employees and the employees that need to be fired usually stay. There is a high turnover at this company. They do not do drug screens to get hired but the employees pass controlled medication. Many problems with this company.
A nice working environment with great co-workers.
Direct Care (Current Employee), Hillsboro, OHMarch 11, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
As a direct care employee I provide assistive living to clients in the nursing home. My duties include: preparing meals, transportation, passing medicine, and bathing. I enjoy getting to know the residents and caring for them.
A clean and nice work place
Crew Member (Former Employee), Laplace, LAMarch 7, 2015
Pros: watch television and eat food
Cons: no breaks
A typical day at work would be me picking the elderly woman up from school, cooking, bathing them,combing their hair, and putting them in their beds.I have learn how to tend to each individual person speacial needs. I have manage to keep a clean house while watching all of the elderly woman. I got along good with my co-workers because they taught me everything I knew about the job. The hardest part of the job was bathing the elderly woman because sometimes I would have to put them in the tub, wash certain area they couldn't reach and make sure they didnt fall in the tub by myself. The most enjoyable part of the job was cooking because i was learning how to cook different things.
A clean and nice work place
Crew Member (Former Employee), Laplace, LAMarch 7, 2015
Pros: watch television and eat food
Cons: no breaks
this company doesnt care about its employees
Residential provider (Current Employee), Inez, KYMarch 6, 2015
I have worked for this company for 18 years and now they are closing and they arnt even going to tell the employees until they have placed the individuals other places
Probably not my first choice.
Direct Care Professional (Current Employee), Williamsburg, OHMarch 5, 2015
Pros: the individuals that are cared for.
Cons: poor staffing, poor communication skills
Company is very poorly ran. The individuals that need assistance are absolutely amazing. Too little direction from management and lack of communication by management. I have definitely had a wonderful experience with the Individuals. Just looking for a more stable company.
Great work environment
CNA (Former Employee), Albany, GAMarch 5, 2015
Pros: paid hoildays
Cons: sometimes not enough hours
The most enjoyable part of the jobs is knowing you helped someone out in a time of need. that I was there to comfort my clients .
Not a good company to work for
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALMarch 5, 2015
Pros: helping people and no late hours
Cons: little pay, no raises, no benefits
The pay is very terrible for all that you do. Little pay, no benefits, and hours varies.. No steady income what so ever. They want you to work during holidays with regular pay. Management doesn't visit clients homes like they should. This job is more for people who need a second source of income.
Fun Workplace
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLMarch 2, 2015
Pros: like helping people
Cons: favoritism and unfair to certain employees
I love helping people on a typical work day. I learned how to work along with people of different ethics and how to keep business as business related and personal stays at home. Management had its share of unfair and mistreat of staff. The hardest part of the job was dealing with high risk clients. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning the importance of health care; that someone depends on your help when they can't help themselves.
Great company
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee), Marion, INMarch 2, 2015
Pros: good work environment
Cons: some bad employees
ResCare is a great company to work for, the team leaders and house managers are caring or the clients and the workers. They are also great at helping you find coverage for your shift if you happen to need to take a day off.
Not a job for someone with a family or life
Support Associate (Former Employee), North Vernon, INMarch 2, 2015
Pros: the clients
Cons: benefits
This job entitles you to work up to 16 hours a day, your schedule always changes. I can be an easy job depending on what house they put you in, It is hard to move up in the company and there are no benefits or good insurance. Depending on how well you get along with others you can have a good relationship with your co-workers and managers. This job is not a place if you have a family. It is a very time consuming job.

1 2 3 4 5

About ResCare

Through its residential, training, and support services, ResCare offers RESpect and CARE to people with physical and mental disabilities. – Read more

ResCare Salaries