ResCare

ResCare Employee Reviews

Taking care of individuals with special needs in their household
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee), Bedford TXJune 24, 2015
Pros: flexible work hours
Cons: no upward mobility
• Cooking & serving breakfast for 5 people as well as prepare lunches
• Provide and monitor medication
• Assist with daily living activities, including bathing, dressing, mobility and communication
• Completes laundry services and cleaning of the home in preparation for the next day
• Transports residents to workshop
• Records and compiles reports on all injuries or other significant incidents

The worst part of my job was there seem to be favoritism between certain staff and the management regardless of their work ethic.

the best part of my job was interacting with the clients and getting to know them and take care of them.

I learned how to deal with difficult situations in the workplace I learned not to take things to personally. I also learned the limits I could push myself to physically.
Hardship
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAJune 24, 2015
Pros: Helpful Staff
Cons: Temporary job
It was a subsidized program for people going through a life crisis or a hardship. If you qualify they can help, it was a help to get back in the game.
unorganized work place
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee), Plano, TXJune 23, 2015
work place would be better if it was better organized. there are way too many workers thinking that they are bosses. and the actual bosses are intimidated by the workers.
Two thumbs up
IT Tech Support/ Helpdesk (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJune 22, 2015
Pros: Diverse work environment
Cons: Only contract positions
I had fun when I worked there! Wouldn't mind going back to them, for future employment. A very Diverse office environment
great place
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee), NCJune 20, 2015
Its a great place to work. Everyone help one another and all is on one accord. Management is great. You can pretty much set your hours. With very good pay and no drama.
Environment
Direct Support Staff (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXJune 18, 2015
The group homes are very organized, and clean. There are plans in place to provide the individuals to learn how to be self-dependent.
poor managment
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 17, 2015
Very demanding company in which the amount of hours and work you do does not reflect in your wages. Management needs a lot of improvements to say the least. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with clients if you are a healthcare professional.
Safe environment with new experiences everyday
Full Time Employee (Former Employee), Muncie, IndianaJune 16, 2015
Pros: creating relationships, healthcare coverage, free meals
Cons: no breaks, no insurance if your hurt on the job by a consumer
ResCare is a facility where disabled adults are put into homes to be assisted with their everyday needs. We have group homes for mentally disabled people who can't take care of themselves, can't finance their money right, or have mental disabilities. In Muncie there are 3 different houses: Walden, Godman, and Garver. I worked at Walden the most, that was my main home. There are 4 different kinds of shifts that are available to work: 6am-2pm, 2pm-10pm, 10pm-6am and weekend shifts which are 16 hour shifts from 6am-10pm. I often worked the weekend shifts, but I picked up extra hours just about everyday – more... throughout the week. Also a grocery shopper for the household is needed Monday-Wednesday. You get to pick which day you want to go, it's once a week that you grocery shop and they give you 5 hours to do so. I worked Tuesdays from 3:30p-8:30p. I ended up having 37 hours weekly getting paid $9.50/hr before I picked up shifts. In my home there are 8 consumers, 4 men and 4 women all with different disabilities, but my house is the highest functioning. Throughout the week is when the consumers go to work from 8a-3p. In the AM you cook and pass morning meds, then get their lunches ready for the day and take them to work. When they get home they get a snack at 3 and dinner around 5:30/6. They also get 4pm meds and 8pm meds before they go to bed. After 8pm meds is when all but 3 go to bed. One of the 3 goes to bed at 9p, another one out of the 3 goes to bed at around 10 and the other goes to bed whenever he pleases. The weekends are different.. 5a/6a/7a meds are passed, breakfast doesn't have to be cooked until later because it is the weekend and they like to sleep in longer and relax more. They all have assigned days to do dishes, laundry, chores, bathe, and kitchen help. Showers are done as pleased by the ones who aren't stubborn, chores and kitchen help is done everyday. The latest time breakfast is to be cooked is around 11a. One of the consumers has meds that need to be passed to her at 12p/1p. Latest time lunch is served is 2p, they get snack at 3. Dinner is anywhere between 5p and 7p, then 8pm meds are passed then most go to bed after that. Some stay up because of the weekend. Throughout the day they can do whatever they want, they have no routine during the day on the weekends. One of the consumers smokes every hour on the hour, but he gets your consent on the hour. If your late telling him he gets upset and has a behavior. Once you get the hang of it, it's really easy and fun. Plus you get the chance to have a special bond with some of the housemates. It's a good feeling once you create relationships with them. It's very important to document everything they do from eating, sleeping, activities, bowel movements, showering etc. – less
Very busy and outgoing
CNA (Current Employee), Dothan, ALJune 16, 2015
A typical day at work light household work..run errands...I learn to be patient with myself and client. Taking care of basic daily living skills..On a worst day is when my client is feeling down and not feeling well to even smile..the best part I can do everything in my power to make them laugh and smile being a companion in the time of need..
I love working with the patients, this is what made the job enjoyable
Resident Manager (Current Employee), Valparaiso, INJune 15, 2015
A typical day at work was rewarding, but it was sad at the same time because you had patients who had needs such as furniture, food and clothing and Rescare was not provided the consumers with the proper needs.
Rescare is like family
Rescare direct support staff (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 15, 2015
Upon clock in it is like being around family, you wake the clients up and dress them, cook them meals, do activities with them and then you put them to bed at night after their showers.You really grow close to the clients while working at this job. What i have learned at work is everyone is unique in their learning experience both in time and in skill. The hardest part of this work is when they get sick or pass away,because when your working so close with them you tend to learn about them like you would a good friend. The most enjoyable part of this job is seeing the clients abilities grow and progress while working with them,because it means together you and they were able to make a better difference with their care and their lives.
Very fast-paced. Depending on the office, it can be fun.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Waipahu, HIJune 15, 2015
Pros: 45 minutes to 1 hour lunches (depending on office), two 15 minute breaks.
Cons: No incentives or raises
ResCare is a great company to work for. It is a "for-profit" company, which many people do frown upon. But besides that, I've learned that management is what really counts here. The job is usually fast-paced and it can be a lot to handle (sometimes). Depending on management is what really sets the office mood.
WORST EMPLOYER EVER
Team Leader (Former Employee), Chesterland, OHJune 14, 2015
Pros: NONE
Cons: no breaks, long hours, the list goes on...
You definitely won't be permitted to have a life if employed here. they force you to work ridiculous hours. many times I worked 24-36 hours straight. yes 6 hours of sleep were permitted at some locations ONLY if the clients didn't wake up and you're paid less per hour during that time whether you sleep or not.
No breaks period.
THEY PROMISE WHATEVER YOU WANT TO HEAR TO GET YOU TO TAKE THE JOB. they promised that I would never have to work on the days I had class... THEY FORCED ME TO MISS CLASS.
I got a promotion. Over three months pass and I never saw a dime of the raise that I had been promised in writing. IT TOOK ME QUITTING AND THREATENING A LAW SUIT TO GET THE MONEY THEY OWED ME. many of my coworkers were in the same position.
The insurance is outrageously priced and you have a 3,700 dollar deductible.
If someone no call no shows, they force you to stay until they get someone in or until next shift. Higher ups in the company, aka the HR, executive, and then county managers, rarely cover shifts.
Managers are paid what other companies start their DSPs at and are expected to do ten times the amount of work that other companies in this industry ask their managers to do.
Absolutly awful
QSA (Former Employee), Buckhannon, WVJune 12, 2015
Cons: Able to work many hours of overtime.
Management cannot and refuse to take responsibility for anything. Company does not take reports on violent consumers seriously. Quality of life provided by employees varies. Great employees that work together really cannot make the difference that we wanted to make, because they cannot be there 24/7. When other employees show up for their shift, if they showed up, quality of care is torn back down. Corrective action does not exist unless you are someone everyone targets because you stand up for what is right.
Fun Workplace
Residential Manager (Former Employee), Jeffersonville, INJune 12, 2015
Pros: Fun Outings with consumers
Cons: Lack of assistance
This company is a great place to work at, you get to assist those in living day to day lives and being the reason that they learn new skills and independence. The workers are friendly and the managers are very consumer oriented. The hardest part of the job is trying to keep staff in the homes.
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee), Parkersburg, WVJune 10, 2015
Pros: Great Clients, Great Staff
Cons: Management
I loved working with my clients the management had its good and its bad but they made it really hard to keep good people working for them. For example not really any kind of appreciation towards there staff more then less they could have done more for them.
Loved the position
Personal Assistance Associate (Former Employee), Lake Charles LaJune 10, 2015
This was hands down my most worth wild position. I took care of 8 women with variying disabilities. I fed them, cooked, cleaned, bathed, made lunches, administered medication, transported, took them to doctors appointments and did any type of everyday function they would need.
Worst Place I have ever worked. Supportive Living Dayton, Ohio
Direct Care (Former Employee), Dayton, OHJune 9, 2015
Pros: caring for DDS clients
Cons: Horrible Wages
I called off work one night because my mother was in the hospital dying, and the supervisor of supportive living exploded on me over the telephone threatening to fire me if I did not go into work.
Meanest, evilest person I have ever had the displeasure of working for.
it's an ok job
Direct support professional (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 8, 2015
overworked and underpaid. Not enough communication between staff. should be able to have bonuses at least once a year.
Activities
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee), Canton, OHJune 8, 2015
Doing activities that are fun for the consumers. Being able to learn about different people, places, and things during our current event time, and when we go out on different activities. The most enjoyable part of this job is learning and getting to know each individual and knowing that this is about helping and teaching the consumers.

1 2 3 4 5

About ResCare

Through its residential, training, and support services, ResCare offers RESpect and CARE to people with physical and mental disabilities. – Read more

ResCare Salaries