ResCare Employee Reviews

Found 2,891 reviews matching the search
Good Job but not for Retirement
Private Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 20, 2017
Pay needs improvement instead of by weekly should be every two and need more benefits and need to start back paying gas fair.Coordinator very manageable
Good workplace
Administrative Manager (Current Employee) –  Puerto RicoAugust 20, 2017
Have opportunities through the nation. Work in different countries and different lines of business. Opportunities to be relocated. Good and big company.
Pros
Opportunities to grow.
Cons
Contracts can finish.
The best part of the job with seeing the smiles of clients faces.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne IndianaAugust 19, 2017
The job is a great job because it allow you to help people that can't help themselves . So always helping people is great but the pay and the management is not that great. In the insurance is not good at all is very hard work for little pay.
Flexable work hours
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Keyser, WVAugust 19, 2017
Ive been with Rescare for 10 yrs now and i still enjoy my time working for them and with the people im surrounded by on my day to day work activities.
Hard working and no play
Aide (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, GAAugust 18, 2017
I enjoyed working for rescare, and what I learned from working for rescare was the love of the patients. They await my every return each day. Made me smile to know that someone needed my care and my smile. The hardest part of the job was lifting the patients without help. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing my clients smile at the end of my shift. When I'm not with my clients, I often think of how I can help them more. I'm tearing up...
Field work is steady and rewarding
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Blue Ridge, GAAugust 18, 2017
Office management and scheduling lacks cordonation. Lack of proper training at time of hiring for most. Definite lack of proper communication with aide ,office and clients.
Low Pay while serving the community
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXAugust 18, 2017
To begin there is no structured training for individuals needing to learn program information. After you sit with someone for a week, management throws you out on your own and you have to deal with the repercussions of not being adequately trained. Along with the health benefits package being high and unrealistically affordable. It is also very politicized .
Pros
Good co-workers and helping the community
Cons
Health Benefits, Sick leave and PTO are considered the same thing, no training, little chance for advancement, and low pay
Poorly managed office with lack of employees
QSA (Former Employee) –  Elkins, WVAugust 18, 2017
While working at this job we were understaffed, poorly managed, and things would always take forever yo be handled. We didn't get paid for mileage we were owed when driving our personal vehicles and were constantly forced to work in stressful environments that we were not supposed to be at
Pros
Cons
No break, improper management
Horrible!
HCA (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INAugust 18, 2017
I worked here for a few months and it was horrible. Clients were treated poorly and management smoked in the house and treated everyone horribly! I reported management to hr and hr told them it was me and it made the rest of my work experience horrible
Cons
May not be your favorite place to work
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GAAugust 18, 2017
Horrible place at most times. The most of your problems will come from the micromanagement and the miscommunication. To be honest of your not a really patient person you may not wanna go for this job.
Great oppertunity
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leavenworth, KSAugust 18, 2017
Over all very laid back. They work well with their clients. Very punctual. One of my favorite job ive had. Works with the elderly so for long term care you build relationships with clients that extend past job title
Pros
Flexable
Cons
No benefits
Terrible company
Leadership (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis, MoAugust 18, 2017
Terrible management, and they will work you to death. Do not take this job!!!!!!!! Terribly disorganized and dishonest company. They care more about making money than helping the clients.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Everything!
Unprofessional Company
IN-HOME CAREGIVER (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 17, 2017
Management and scheduler are unprofessional to clients and there families. They do not support there staff/caregivers and are all about the money. They will put you in unsafe environments and will guilt you into working there. I don't even know how they are still in business worse company I have ever worked for.
Pros
Cons
Lack stable clients, lack benefits, lack pay, lack proper education for caregivers
Never pays you Correctly
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Mays Landing, NJAugust 17, 2017
When I first started for Rescare I enjoyed my co workers and my clients very much!! However times have changed since starting I have continually been shorted in my pay and every time I submit paperwork it gets lost !! Always resubmitting continually!! Also for P.T.O. paperwork gets lost and you don't get PAID !! Do Not work here if you can avoid it work somewhere else !! Not worth the hassle of worrying if your going to get paid correctly!!
Pros
Love the clients!!
Cons
Not getting paid correctly!!
Awesome coworkers
Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Federal Way, WAAugust 17, 2017
Enjoyable work place
Helping people live their best life
Compassionate caregivers
Best Home Care in the Northwest
Giving the ability to remain independent
Hard, Rewarding Job
Direct Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Beckley, WVAugust 17, 2017
The job can be incredibly stressful, but definitely rewarding. You are genuinely helping people and making their lives better and easier. It is not a job for everyone, but definitely worth trying.
Rewarding Exciting
Direct Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAAugust 16, 2017
A work day at ResCare was full of excitement. The clients were nice and the fact that there were more than one inside of the homes gave me an experience to learn behaviors of all different types. Management was a working progress. My coworkers were friendly. The most enjoyable part of my job was when the clients expressed how much they liked me and that I was doing a great job.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Hours, No Raises, No benefits
Not a good CNA job
Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Lenoir, NCAugust 16, 2017
This job is ok if your in school, work other jobs or if your just holding your certification. Terrible management, meetings are a joke, office staff are uneducated.
Cons
They do not pay gas, they do not visit their clients often, your always picking up someone else slack
I love helping peoples an making them feel safe.
Rescare (Current Employee) –  Dublin, GAAugust 16, 2017
I love my job but wish they considered giving raise to workers who deserve one. The company is wonderful to work for.i have very good coordinate who do a a good job.
Pros
Spend time with clients
Cons
Enjoy going places with an for them.
Very diverse work culture
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Sylva, NCAugust 16, 2017
A typical day of work included meeting with my client or picking them up from school. We would then, depending on the day go to the park or take a walk or play games. I learned a great deal of patience working with disabled teens and it gave me an unforgettable experience. We would participate in special olympics and other community events. My supervisor was amazing and helped in any way possible. She made it a great time working for her and would drop whatever she was doing at the drop of a pen to assist where it was needed. She was not selfish and did not delegate work. the workplace culture was diverse in that every client was different. I would say the hardest part of my job was having to leave my clients for the day and not being able to be with them full-time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ResCare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7