ResCare Employee Reviews

No longer in Business
Certified Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAFebruary 9, 2016
Great coworkers with bad practices. Doctor had many malpractice suites. Patients were nice and friendly. I learned injections and EKGS mostly.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
management
The branch I work for is more about Money than the residents.
Lpn (Current Employee) –  Centerburg, OHFebruary 8, 2016
Have not had a raise in allmost 3 years, Nor my coworkers I work with staff who don,t care anymore, they are trying to compensate by a one time bonus for years of service, Hardest part is seeing that people don't care about people
Pros
Seeing my residents smile
Cons
Money is more important than people
management can improve
W-2/FEP Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIFebruary 4, 2016
things need to change in this company. no raises have been given. but yet more work given for the same amount of pay. i like my co-workers. they are supportive, helpful, always have your back. the most enjoyable, is being around my co-workers.The less enoyable, management.
Pros
n/a
Cons
no raise
Friendly co-workers, busy office, always assisting clients
Receptionist- Project Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIFebruary 3, 2016
I have learned that being being attentive and assisting clients that are in difficult situations in life. Management is always willing to available when needed and assisting co-workers when time allows. Team work is a great part of a successful team.
Pros
Meet new clients, good management relations, everyone strives for the same goals
Cons
Stressful, irate clients, threats by clients.
nice place to work
LPN/Health Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ft. Wayne, INFebruary 1, 2016
Rescare is a great place to work, The rewards from a consumer being excited to see you or remembering your name when you run in to them somewhere out way any of the bad days
nice
Assist elderly adults (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJanuary 30, 2016
Each client is different. By listening to them, I know how to better assist them with their daily activities. I do not like driving the long distance to work but once I arrive the clients always have an interesting story.
Pros
nice people
Cons
long distance
Flexible hours
Payroll Specialist/Accounts Payable (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 29, 2016
Love doing payroll and staying busy. Issues with communication seem to be a problem. No pay increases for 8 years. Would like to find something closer to home.
Pros
Very flexible with hours
Cons
Lack of communication, no pay increases.
Wonderful company, great employers, rewarding job working with clients
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 28, 2016
I love working for my job or my previous jobs. They are very rewarding jobs knowing that I am constantly making a difference.
the most ejoyable part of the job is when your boss tell you that you are doing great in my company keed donig what you doing. i like it
Volunteer Campus Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJJanuary 27, 2016
Rescare I did a lot things i was helping staffs to serving meals. I cleaned Officesm, classrooms, dormitories ,aconduted ,inventory, of supplies.
Low pay, high stress, lots of overtime, high turnover
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 26, 2016
Less than 40k as customer service supervisor.
support staff make minimum wage - high turnover & lots of call outs.
Extremely difficult to find replacement for call outs & no shows.
Very stressful environment.
On call 24/7 and receive calls multiple times per week during evenings and weekends.
High turnover in same position and supporting staff.
Pros
work with nice people
Cons
overworked & underpaid.
A great place to work and grow
Direct Staff Support (Former Employee) –  columbus,inJanuary 26, 2016
in my many years..I have had many great experiences and have learned what It is to be humble for the caring of the clients..
Has been a great work environment and has helped me grow....
daily would include bathing ,,,,meals...dressing...and just being there for them..
really nothing hard about the job ,,,,just have to have a big heart and be patient...
Pros
self satisfaction of knowing you are helping
Cons
pay was not all that good
Enjoyed my professional experience during my two year tenure
Project Director (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAJanuary 20, 2016
I moved to OC to take a Director Level position with ResCare. The project closed on December 31, 2015. It was a great place to work, mentor employees and connect with various professionals in the workforce development space.
Workday
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAJanuary 19, 2016
I worked 11pm to 9 am, in those 10 hours I did laundry and set out the outfit for the next day. I made breakfast in the morning after everyone was up and dressed properly. I drove the company van to the day program site where my clients stayed from 9a to 3p. I made sure the house was clean.
Pros
it was everyday life
Cons
the overnight hours
no no no no no no no no let me repeat that no
Team Lead direct support (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis IndianaJanuary 18, 2016
I started there and in two weeks I was done they left me stuck at a house they lied about somebody coming to relieve me they wouldn't answer their phones and nobody wanted to work sit on the couch eating all day and complaining about the job if you want a paycheck go there but its a miserable miserable dollar
Pros
Cons
everything
Overall a fun, constructive environment for young boys with developmental disabilities.
Direct Care Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJanuary 13, 2016
Typical days consisted of new and fun ideas for members to participate in while teaching life skills. Members interacted with one another showing each other what was learned or picked up while involved in the activity, then reviewing what was learned from said activity. Co-workers worked side by side to ensure a fun and safe environment while reciprocating positive feelings and actions during activities. Members can "act up" or have sudden outbursts of emotions if uncomfortable which can lead to physical outbursts if not contained with proper employee training. Working with high spirited individuals one on one while assisting them with any tasks truly is rewarding and eye opening.
Pros
paid events, fun activities, getting to know one another day by day.
Cons
No room for advancement, payroll isn't reliable, miscommunication in management.
nice place to work
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJanuary 13, 2016
you to clients home and clean the house iron clothes do laundry cook for them if needed. Some clients need help bathing or getting dressed. You have to drive clients to the doctors and grocery shopping.
Pros
meet wonderful people
Cons
meet mean people
learned alot
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJanuary 13, 2016
the people that worked here were amazing they teach you anything you need to know you can grow and advance like i did from a administrative assistant to a work shop instructor the pay wasnt awesome but it was so worth it
Pros
guarenteed hours
Cons
come in contact with alot of criminals
teriible working rules
Direct Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHJanuary 8, 2016
very unprofessional about everything, out to get staff fired. Very little training was given. Always out to get one shift but not the others. will not approve vacation time unless the union fights for it.
Pros
overtime
Cons
no help or training
Terrible place to work
DSP (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 6, 2016
Very unorganized, very poor management, over worked and under payed!!! From HR to management they don't care about the consumers nor employees.
Pros
The consumers
Cons
Everything about the company
This company needs to rethink what they are doing
Personal Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arroyo Grande, CAJanuary 5, 2016
I will make this review short and sweet. While I loved the clients I worked with at Rescare, the management needs to do a better job making sure patient supplies are more readily available. Our particular house couldn't keep a manager and the environment was basically in decay. It was a very negative experience for the patients as well as the workers and everyone felt the stress. I gave a two week notice out of politeness when I left the company to go to school and they fired me on the spot. Stay away from Rescare.
Pros
Cant think of anything
Cons
This is a toxic company that will suck the life from you