ResCare Employee Reviews

Found 2,060 reviews matching the search
Terrible organization and office politics.
Service Coordinator/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Beckley, WVSeptember 26, 2016
The turnaround rate for office staff is staggering. The people in charge do nothing to help this matter. They actually take pride in making people resign. Power trip.
Ummmmmm....its not fun
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 26, 2016
It's an OK job, if u don't have a life...I dont know what else to say, because the requires a lot of your time, cleaning is cool, when it's apart of your job and if you care about the consumers. When it comes to your co-workers, is where the problem is, no communication skills, have to find your own relief if they call in, very stressful job
Productivo y divertido
Servicio al cliente (Former Employee) –  Bayamón, PRSeptember 25, 2016
Lugar donde se compartían diferentes culturas y de buen aprendizaje. El sistema de administración era muy capaz y completo. Existía buen compañerismo y el trabajo en equipo era eficaz.
Pros
Compartir diferentes ideas
Cons
pocos recursos tecnológicos.
The Job That Never Ends
Client Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 23, 2016
I have been with this company for 5 years. At first, I loved it because I love challenge. I chose this job because I love to help people in need and I know that serving others is very rewarding.
Over the years we have had a large turnover with management and it became very unorganized and I was left with no support. I'm a coordinator and there is no way to put in words exactly what we do. We wear many hats. We staff, process payroll for all direct care staff that report to our assigned clients, counsel the caregivers, deal with any and every problem that arise in the homes of our clients, coordinate all schedules that include a number or things such as doctor appointments, rescheduling, etc. and the list goes on. Our office has been short staffed for around 2 years. The job is not a typical 8a-5p office job. It never ends. If you are not in the office, you are on call. WE are a 24 hour, 7 day a week company and we are held accountable to make sure that our clients are covered at their scheduled times. We are constantly growing which is a good thing, however, ResCare does not "give" out increases in pay. They only believe in increasing your workload. The workload steadily increases with no support. I work in a 5 coordinator office that has been running with 2 coordinators for the past 2 years. They have attempted to hire 1 additional coordinator to relieve some of the workload. WE are on our 11th coordinator to take that 3rd spot. The other 10 left due to the training that is provided which is next to none and on top of walking into a very busy office that appears
  more... to be unorganized due to management trying to learn what they are supposed to be doing. The upper management wanted the 2 coordinators in the office to take on the responsibility of training the new coordinator. That was impossible since we are trying to manage the case load that should be shared between 5 instead of 2. It did not look good to the new coordinator because we were so busy managing our caseload that they felt we were not welcoming them to our team. Between answering a 12 line phone, handling concerns/complaints, keeping up with documentation daily; there was just no time.

I believe that if they get the right people in this company will flourish. I also believe that if they pay their people fairly that the people will go over and beyond and would remain loyal.
Pros
A challenge that is different everyday, reward of serving others
Cons
no pay increase, long hours, increasing workload
Terrible Company
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVSeptember 22, 2016
Constantly staff calling out of work which led to longer than 12 hour shifts.

Current Residential Manager was easily overwhelmed with her duties and unable to direct staff in a professional manner.
Pros
taking care of those in need
Cons
management
First company
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  OKC, OKSeptember 21, 2016
This was a good environment because they took me on when I was a teenager and gave me some workforce experience. The day would be about checking merchandise and speaking with friendly customers.
Pros
Social Environment
Cons
Work would sometimes become less hectic.
A productive enviorment
Health Aide Provider (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CASeptember 21, 2016
Res-Care is a wonderful place to work especially if you have the passion to help others, my typical day at work was in routine, preparing meals, feeding, bathing, ambulatory assistance, changing and clothing, washing, keeping the facility clean as well as the clients, securing the facility, check-ins
dsp
Direct staff support (Former Employee) –  Portage, INSeptember 21, 2016
making sure my clients are happy that they understand everything that is going on and just making sure they feel that everything is normal... They were always coming home to a hot meal and after dinner they took meds and watched t v after that it was time for bed and they didn't like for their routine to be changed
N/a
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Canal Fulton, OHSeptember 20, 2016
Management didn't do anything about the problems in the home. Needed changes in staff and kept informing them of what the staff wasn't doing but nothing ever changed.
Great place to work, just not safe
PDS (Current Employee) –  Connersville, INSeptember 19, 2016
Loved all my supervisors and managers. Great place to work, just no job security. I was promoted from CSR to PDS within 4 months of working there so advancement was obtainable.
The starting pay has not increased in years.
Direct Support Personnel (Former Employee) –  Gore, VASeptember 18, 2016
Enjoyed the clients, but would like to have been able to have a higher starting salary, or shift differential.
Training was ok, but not what you would fully expect for the type of clients you would be working with.
Direct Support Professionals
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Kankakee, ILSeptember 18, 2016
My job consist of assisting individuals with developmental disabilities maintain a clean, safe, and orderly home. Working here I have learned how blessed I am to have the life that I live, it could always be worse. That is why I do everything I can for my clients. I think more and better communication between management and employees would make a lot improve in the company I work for. More than less co-workers all get along and work good together, at least I can say so for myself. Some days can be difficult and stressful with different clients going through different things but with patients, understanding and the right thing to say I honestly believe its all up to us (DSP) to make it better. We are the one there with them everyday and night. Being appreciated for the littlest things mean the most. My favorite part is making sure my clients are happy and well looked out for. Overall I enjoy my job and everything assigned for me to do.
Pros
Fun times, being appericiated ect.
Cons
pay, behaviors
Poor place to work for
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, OHSeptember 17, 2016
Everyone is rude and they treat the individuals very badly not enough pay for what the staff has to go through and just overall a terrible company to work for.
Personal care in home setting
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Eastman, GASeptember 14, 2016
Growing business where you meet several individuals and assist with daily needs to maintain a healthy and steady life style in home even though they need assistance.
It's been it's a productive one workplace with a lot of people to get to know and a lot of movement the clients are also good to work with.
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Saint Albans, WVSeptember 14, 2016
Working with ResCare taught me a lot with social and communication skills and being friendly towards others it isn't easy going job and the coworkers are fun to work with as much as the client most of the time you have to go on outings to work with the clients but other than that it is a easy environment to be at
Pros
A lot of overtime
Cons
Job shift changes frequently
high tolerance and behavior issues
Direct Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 14, 2016
I've shared some of my greatest work experiences working in a field such as ResCare. Unfortunately my time at this company wasn't so great. The management made it hard for me to do my job as efficiently as i could. Withholding vital information to the services i were rendering became negative for my health and the health of my children.
Productive work place
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 14, 2016
Was able to learn many aspects of the business and work several different jobs within the company. My general manager was very knowledgeable and easy to work for. Was not very happy regarding all of the child play that went on with several employee's that worked within the office.
Easy job for good pay
Center protection officer (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 13, 2016
The facility is horrible and the center director is horrible and the staff is all fake they be stealing from center. Also staff pick and choose which kids to be cool with and which kids to write up
Pros
Pay well
Cons
Staff is horrible and fake
Needs All of the Management Replaced.
Management (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 13, 2016
Horrible place to work, Management very unethical, Understaff and in order to make a living you needed to work 24-7 because of low pay.
Program Manager more concerned with flirting and being liked by the Men staff than making sure the consumers were getting quality care. Not Professional, and did not treat employees with respect.
Residential Managers putting a "Body" in homes without properly trained to prevent RM working in the homes.
Could not continue working in that environment.
What did i get myself into??
Not sure (Current Employee) –  TennesseeSeptember 13, 2016
Concerned over no real orientation to this job or company. ... no real organization from anywhere. Very very concerned. No training what so ever. I don't know who my supervisor is..... ummmm.... no RN to call should something arise??? Hummmmm
Pros
Dont know
Cons
Lots

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ResCare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7