ResCare

ResCare United States Employee Reviews

I love working with the other staff. We all get along.
Support Specialist/Lockley Group Home (Current Employee), Apex, NCMay 4, 2015
Pros: down time in the evenings
Cons: handling negitive aggressive behaviors from the children
Work day begins with waiting for children to come home from school. We give them snacks when they return to the Group Home. We do their goals which teaches them activities of daily living so that when they become adults they will be independent. My supervisors are fair and understanding and are always encouraging for me to advance my career.
Res
Housekeeping Worker (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAMay 2, 2015
Pros: great hours
Cons: no healthcare
Loved mostly everything about this job. A typical day was to retreat to difftent stations and clean different areas. I learned different cleaing techniques. Management and co-worker were very welcoming and amazing.
Home Care Agency
Certified Nurses Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee), Winter Park, FLMay 2, 2015
Home Care Agency, Providing Staffing in the Home setting for Clients. Errands, sitter Cases, Light House Duty, Laundry, Meal preparation
home setting caring for disabled individuals
Direct Support Associate (Former Employee), Sheridan, INApril 30, 2015
16 hour weekend shifts, learn how to give personal care to disabled individuals. hardest part of job was being single staffed and/or being pulled out of your location to work another that you weren't comfortable giving care in. Company has been on pay freeze for several years. Received yearly evaluations but no raise in hourly pay. Most enjoyable part of the job were the consumers and growing attached to them, and learning the details of the consumers.
positve enviroment to keep business succesful
Direct Care Worker (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEApril 30, 2015
Pros: making it your job to keep the customers happy
Cons: not enough hours
overall acme was a good experience to have while in high school and graduating but it wasn't something I could make a career out of and had to move forward to better employment.
Great place to work if you like people and have patience
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee), New Albany, INApril 28, 2015
Pros: Every day is different
Cons: no raises
It's a good place to work for. There is always room for extra hours if you want them. It's definately an experience to work there.
I liked seeing consumers excel in daily living skils
Supervisor-Esther Myers (Former Employee), clarksburg, wvApril 27, 2015
I worked with MRDD clients assisting with daily living skill in the home and in the community. I enjoyed working with my co-workers, because they were all very friendly and knowledgeable about there positions.
Helping other find jobs and maintain employment
Specialized Caseworker (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 24, 2015
Pros: We work at our own pace
Cons: Some case managers only work 75 hours and some get to work 80
A typical day at work would include calling past participants for weekly and monthly retention checks. The purpose for the call is to check on them, see how their employment is going, and if they are still employed. Since the main purpose for the TANF program is to help individuals become sufficient we want to make sure we provide services to them such as; bus passes, follow-up with job leads, and child care so that we can help elimanate barriers. From this position, I've learned that everyone does not want to be helped or they don't want to work. They would prefer to stay on government assistance instead of using the tools we provide to better themselves. At ResCare, we are trained to serve with skill, compassion, respect and care. The Co-workers are easy to get along with and very passionate about what they do. They enjoy serving the customers and do it with the utmost respect. The hardest part of the job is not being able to help someone. Sometimes people come in the office with a greater need than what we can meet. We try our hardest to direct them to the right agency to get their need (s) met. The most enjoyable part of the job is, celebrating when participants have found employment, started school, or completed any other accomplishments that will help them reach sufficency.
The good with the bad
Residential Manager (Former Employee), Martinsburg, WVApril 23, 2015
Pros: Ability to advance in positions
Cons: negative supervisor
ResCare Inc. provides services the IDD population. This could be a great rewarding job, if the company would get their stuff together with management and the way they talk and treat their employees. Being an employee of ResCare is very hard, even in a position as a manger , with being on call 24 hours a day, with no more compensation for it. What should be the most rewarding part of your day really isn't. Going home everyday knowing that you made a difference in someone's life is the best feeling to someone, but by the end of your day, your supervisor has you to the point of fire, and you just wanna quit your job, makes you forget the best part of your day. But being in a supervisory position myself, helped me learn how to deal with others complaints, attitudes and opinions. I learned a lot of information that could be useful in the future as a supervisor and I appreciate that, along with being given the opportunity to advance within the company. I probably would still be employed there if it was not for the upper management.
Productive, and very fun work environment.
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee), Centerburg, OHApril 20, 2015
A day at work consisted of fun, and people I loved to be around.
I learned that just because someone can not do the things I can, doesn't mean they don't know what they're doing. They learn the same as us, just differently.
Hardest part of my job, was leaving.
Bad management makes sad situations
DSP (Former Employee), Centerburg OhioApril 20, 2015
Pros: Great residents, more than minimum wage, plenty of overtime
Cons: bad management, hires anyone who walks through the door, too much overtime
This is a horrible facility to work at. The management side is a mess. The training that is provided is not sufficient, especially the CPR/First Aid. Employee turnover is outrageous, due to the mismanagement. The residents are awesome! I miss them but I couldn't continue working in that environment.
Working @ Rescare is good. Learning alot working with Private duty clients.
PCA (Current Employee), Evans,GaApril 19, 2015
Pros: Great clients
Cons: low pay
My typical day is clocking in at the home and making sure the client is taking his/her nap. Make sure the client has is clean. Cook client breakfast, lunch, and dinner. My shift is working 8am-8pm on the weekends. I enjoy working with my clients. They treat you with respect and diligent.
Great!
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee), Pomona, CAApril 16, 2015
I was blessed to provide care to those who are disabled or handicaped. I grew bonds with my clients and took the tme to learn what special needs each one has. Rescare was hard working.
Organized, fun, caring company.
Caregiver (Former Employee), Princeton, WVApril 15, 2015
This company really cares about their staff and their consumers. Very good and complete training as well as knowledgeable staff that are always willing to help you or answer questions. Pay and benefits are good, and lots of lead-way in a 'be-your-own-boss' type environment.
Wonderful consumers
Direct Care Worker (Current Employee), Cambridge, OHApril 15, 2015
I have enjoyed getting to be a part of lives that need me to help them learn to live as independently as possible. They teach me patients, understanding, and on-going compassion.
Productive and fun workplace
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee), Riverside, CAApril 14, 2015
Awesome day in and day out, i love my job. Productive and fun environment to work in. Typical day is fun, management is great, great co-workers, getting to know my clients are the best part of my job, hardest part of my job is getting attached to my clients.
Rewarding
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee), Canton, OH 44718April 14, 2015
ResCare can be a mentally tough job especially when getting attached to clients, but nevertheless extremely rewarding.
Typical day
Talent Development Leader (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 13, 2015
This is a job that pushes you to the limit and there is not a dull moment nor an average day. Working here is for hard working and focused individuals.
disorganized working conditions
Caregiver (Former Employee), Leavenworth, KSApril 11, 2015
Pros: You got to sit and and watch tv
Cons: Not paid enough
I worked with no coworker Putting client to bed. and helping him through the night. I learned how to care for the elderly.The management was very unorganized. The hardest part of the job was losing the client. The enjoyable part of the job was the client
Friendly people working to make the best of the clients life.
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee), Harlingen, TXApril 9, 2015
Pros: Meals are provided, its in home and not in just a building
Cons: little pay for this type of work
I enjoyed working here. all the workers are caring of all the clients they work for. Hours can be long, and it can be stressful, but its all in the persons desire to work in a facility like this.

1 2 3 4 5

About ResCare

Through its residential, training, and support services, ResCare offers RESpect and CARE to people with physical and mental disabilities. – Read more

ResCare Salaries