ResCare Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,962 reviews matching the search
Horrible
BUSINESS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INMay 20, 2016
This is the worst company to work for...no training given to new employees, everything you learn is on your own. They expect you to give up your entire life for work...you are allowed no family time and they work people without pay on a continuous basis! They violate so many laws at this company....no raises, no incentives to work here and the care they give their clients is horrible!!
Pros
Non
Cons
Negative work environment, no advancement, no raises
No Comment
Residential Manager (Former Employee) –  MarylandMay 20, 2016
I truly enjoyed the clients as well as the staff, however I did not enjoy working with the administration. Not only were they were like being dictators, but not concern of both the clients and staff needs.
Pros
Deicated and hard workers
Cons
Bad and inconsidered administration
Productive work plan
Career Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMay 20, 2016
My most enjoyable part was keeping busy assisting clients and co workers team, close knit. The hardest part of the job was pleasing supervisor.
Get Some Experience & Get Out (Job Corps Review)
Scheduling Clerk (Former Employee) –  United StatesMay 19, 2016
Pro

Working for Job Corps is the type of experience that changes you. It is hectic and there are always constant changes to your job, often without preparation; the clients (students) are often demanding, borderline entitled, yet at the same time there is this eternal feeling of wanting to help them; and it teaches you to adapt quickly as management often becomes stressed out over something and expects you to ease their woes as if you are the greatest problem solver alive.

All of which prepares you for a better job.

Cons

I wouldn't say this is a thankless job, but for those who like extrinsic motivation, it will come in short supply. Raises are rare, if not non-existent unless you are so good at office politics you find yourself getting promoted; bonuses are more so rumored for months than something you can just expect; and when it comes to trainees, no matter what your position you have this unofficial expectation to be their counselor, some sort of disciplinarian, a mentor, and have their best interest at heart. Which isn't difficult, but then when you see the good ones get completed just for the sake of numbers, your plans to help retention get smeared due to another department who is solely focused on their numbers, and their needs, trump yours, and so much nonsense that in the end you realize the trainees are just pieces on a chess board with too many players in the game, it leads you to realize that making a career here is only for those who know there are just certain things a person can only get away with if they work for this program and nowhere else.
Pros
Always busy, Bonuses a possibility, and you can meet some nice people (in terms of staff and students)
Cons
Very numbers driven, communication is one way, pay isn't competitive, department infighting, not truly being prepped for the population you are serving
Terrible
Lpn (Former Employee) –  OhioMay 19, 2016
There are zero perks to working here. The management does what they want and doesn't follow the rules. They talk down to the stuff, talk about them behind their backs, etc. They're quick to throw you under the bus. They don't give raises, the benefits are outrageous and absolutely worthless. The staff constantly get mandated to work 16 hours without any notice. I could go on and on. Terrible and I do NOT recommend. The staff never stay long.
patient care
personal care assistant (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAMay 18, 2016
Taking care of the elderly and maintain a daily schedule. Took client to doctors appointments and took care of everything around the house also all her needs.
Great place to work, friendly and helpful
RN (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN 46250May 18, 2016
I manage on average 20-30 clients for Well visits in the home. I help people utilize community resources to ensure that they have all the help and equipment needed to be able to live at home safely/
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Decrease in census
Office staff lazy & unsupportive of field employees.
Field SN (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLMay 18, 2016
No communication within office staff. Office staff more interested in staying in office then going out and doing marketing, very limited work. Ended up with only one patient per week. Nurse manager over 300 pounds - patients did not like that he was the unhealthy, sweating first representation of this company. He doesn't get up and go into the office until noon time. RN case managers not knowledgeable. Case managers didn't even know how to apply a wound vac, and made a mess of a patient! Do not recommend this place. No mileage paid, no cell phone allowance, underpaid and overworked for what was expected. Minimal supplies always a problem, everything is on paper, so multiple (unpaid) trips to office to try and get Dr. orders, etc.
working with special needs
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXMay 17, 2016
its a very un organized place, if I ran the place I wouldn't approve of the way that they were doing things, I tried my hardest to make it fun and interesting for the consumers but I was only allowed to do so much do to their rules and regulations.
loved helping others
In Home Aide (Former Employee) –  Conover, NCMay 16, 2016
in home care going to some ones home and spending a few hours with them doing what they needed you to do. taking care of them light house work. companionship. nothing hard about the job
Good
ADSP (Former Employee) –  Centralia, ILMay 16, 2016
Good Company To Work For, Must Have A Good Heart To Care For People With Developmental Disabilities. Management Staff Was Very Helpful. Co-Workers Helped Any Way They Could,
Pros
Good Workers
Cons
NONE
Promising company but poor management
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 15, 2016
high turnover
this company staffs group homes to assist people with developmental disabilities.
has so much potential but lacks the support from upper management
learn a lot due to heavy workload
Pros
work experiences
Cons
poor management
They mistreat the clients and allow for dangerous levels of neglect
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 14, 2016
No direct supervision and heavy nepotism leads to very poor treatment of clients. I saw staff threaten clients, refuse to follow care plans, refuse to take clients out to get fresh air. Staff stole food, drank and used drugs, slept on night shift, Staff refused to buy food that was ordered by dietitian because they (the staff) didn't want to eat it. I tried reporting this to my supervisor who justified every instance with some lame excuse, and told me to be more relaxed. I left shortly after I started due to not wanting to involved in client neglect.
Able to learn new skills and make a difference in someone's life
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCMay 13, 2016
A typical day begins with a hug or smile for my client. I've learned to be MUCH more patient and tender with people. Since I work alone, I don't have much insight in what my co-workers a like, but the management team seems quite effective and thoughtful.

The hardest part of my job is learning what my clients enjoy or don't enjoy. Also if I must provide meals, it's difficult to tell when they are pleased or not, however, overall my position as a caregiver is overwhelmingly satisfying. I've learned much about life from being with the people I assist.
Pros
Learning something new every day.
Cons
Sometimes the distance I need to drive is more than I'd like.
N/a
Direct Patient Care (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 13, 2016
working with this company has been a good experience.Come in and assist clients with bathing, feeding and giving medications.
Great place to work. Good managemeny
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 12, 2016
I assisted individuals who live in their own homes. They are visited once per week, more if necessary. They are assisted with banking, bill pay, financial budgeting, doctor appointments,etc.
Pros
The individuals are eager to learn new skills
Cons
No cons. Gas prices.
ResCare is awful
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Marion, INMay 11, 2016
I love the consumers but management and corporate care only about themselves and making money. The consumers are kept in the facilities long after they should be in group homes so ResCare can keep getting more money. You have no job security in the Marion Indiana facility. They are one of the most unfair companies I have ever worked for. I feel bad for the consumers!!
Pros
The consumers you meet and to see them get better.
Cons
ResCare is just bad all the way around...starting with corporate on down!!
never a dull moment
Direct Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GAMay 11, 2016
A typical day at work for me would be validating my consumers information and medications. Communicating with previous shift on how the consumer was and if there are different changes. Usually in the eight hours that I am with my consumer I help them with their day, taking them into the community if that is what they would like to do, we do things such as walk the mall, the parks, ride around looking for cans, visit family or friends, attend church, and other community functions.
Assist them with their everyday personal care, make sure that they shower and do the things that they are suppose to do, such as their exercises or tasks as laundry and cleaning their room.
I assist them in taking their medications, blood sugar, blood pressure. Log medications into a MAR as well as on EHR. Write notes on the consumers day and events as well record different health issues that are required.
Hardest part of my job may be having to redirect target behaviors when necessary however few and far between.
The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help individuals and spending time with them.
The job not a career
YOUTH CARE WORKER (Current Employee) –  KentuckyMay 11, 2016
I work with anywhere betwenn 3-8 youth boys and girls depending on which house. All ages 13-17. There is no room for advancement within this company and the pay rate is low
Pros
I love working with youth
Cons
The pay could be better and staff more organised
Keep Looking
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 10, 2016
Pay is horrible, the worst work ethical office environment I have ever worked in. Supervisors dont care. They receive complaints but do not follow up on them. I would not recommend anyone to work here. So if you are job searching and someone mentions Rescare, my advice KEEP LOOKING!!!!