ResCare Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,092 reviews matching the search
Great job
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCAugust 24, 2016
Its was a good job I met some very good people who was helpful with me through this time of me getting for read for basic training I just wish I got more hours at the job than it would have been amazing
Pros
Work with nice people
Cons
Pay wasn't good
poor management
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILAugust 23, 2016
dealing with clients with disabilities. I have to cook, clean the house, and wash up the clients who have bowel movements.
I learned that cant anyone be trusted.
poor management.
no benefits, not enough hours given
direct care staff (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCAugust 21, 2016
When the job position started in was really nice and management was decent over the years management has become messy not giving you time requested off showing favor toward employees that do not do the work required. They do not recognize or give praise to employees that do a great job only the ones they really like not employees that do and outstanding job or go above and beyond for their clients. promoting employees that do not deserve it and telling employees they are going to get a promotion just to get them to remain at rescare and later saying they are not qualified for the position that they said they were trying to fill. Employees should be up front with their employees and let them decide if they want to stay in a position or not get a promotion.
Pros
clients and family memebers are really go to work for.
Cons
not enough hours given
Unprofessional management/lack of training
Client Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 18, 2016
I worked in a management position. This company has a severe lack of training for all levels of all departments. Don't expect to ever receive confirmation of a job well done or even a basic cost of living raise. This company expects you to work 24/7 and it still will not be enough. If you have any other option, TAKE IT.
Pros
Some sort of income
Cons
Lack of communication and respect
Not enough pay
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  San Leandro, CAAugust 18, 2016
My review for this company is that they don't offer enough hours and they don't pay high enough.I also feel we should get paid vacation and sick time.
Pros
on call
Cons
Less pay less hours and the benefits are only for full time workers
prn work
Caregiver ( prn) (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 18, 2016
over all its a good company to work for if u just need a part time job.i myself looking for full time and benifiets but over all the clients and management are great
Fast paced company where you can make a difference in the lives of the individuals you serve
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  MichiganAugust 18, 2016
ResCare offers administrative positions where you can grow and develop your skills in a fast paced environment. ResCare has given me an opportunity to grow professionally. My direct supervisor is a great mentor and I couldn't ask for a better team of professionals to work with. The hardest part of the position is the travel. The most rewarding part of the job is knowing that your hard work is making a difference in the lives of the individuals we serve.
Pros
Career Growth
Benefits
Most TRASHY company I've ever worked for
DSP (Current Employee) –  WVAugust 18, 2016
Rescare is the most unorganized , unethical , unjust company I've ever worked for. The management think they are gods gift to humans because they have an office job at a rundown garbage company. Coworkers just like to sit around and talk drama on eachother and never shut up . Pay is terrible , hours are mandatory twelves and they are horrible you won't have any home life so you better not have a family. I wish I could've rated zero stars but it's not an option . Worst company you could ever work for , you'd be better off going to Walmart .
Pros
NOTHING AT ALL
Cons
EVERYTHING
N,a
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 17, 2016
Good experience work with people disabilities. Knowing they were born like that, still makes the human beings at the same time...
Pros
N, a
Cons
N, a
Horrible Employees
Future employee (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAAugust 17, 2016
I did an interview at this company and the girl who worked their was rude, bias, and unprofessional. I was not at all impressed by this facility and would recommend that if their staff in the office is like this. Imagine who is taking care of your friends or family. Seems like a real shady business.
Pros
Cons
Rude, unprofessional staff, and extremely bias.
never work there..
LDSP (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVAugust 17, 2016
I would never work for this co. ever again. I miss my client. The pay sucked. They could not keep a RM because they had to be on call 24/7 w/no help. The managers treated you like you are nobody. You did not get the recognition when you went above and beyond your duties.
Pros
clients
Cons
eveything
Awful
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield County, VAAugust 16, 2016
The management team are so unprofessional..... there turnover rate is so high because this is not a great place to work.....you work every weekend with no help from management
Pros
12.50 and hr
Cons
Its not worth the money no weekends off
The clients you work with will make your day but there is just such poor management.
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXAugust 15, 2016
While you may have a wonderful day engaging with clients and getting to know there needs their management is extremely poor and Rescare also has an extremely high turn over rate because the pay is so low.
Pros
Getting to help the let fortune
Cons
low pay rate and poor management
Sucks the life right out of you
Residential Manager (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYAugust 14, 2016
Very fast pace which is alright by me but expected to work too many hours for what they pay. Get bothered by very unintelligent employees who can't think for themselves but find it necessary to call or text late in to the night or early in the morning.
stressful management
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 12, 2016
Overall the job and coworkers were pleasant to work with and for but the office manager at the time of my employment was a tyrant. She had little to no respect for anyone
Unprofessional
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Bradley, ILAugust 12, 2016
The hours needed to work are ridiculous, they have no passion for their employees. You will be required to go above and beyond for the company and receive no recognition for doing so. No compensation for wages lost when they close a house for unknown reasons. Management is rude, unorganized, and unprofessional. I wouldn't recommend any one work for this company. This is by far the WORST place to work and in my opinion, needs to closed down.
Pros
NOTHING
Cons
EVERYTHING
Not safe
In Home Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 12, 2016
they didn't have enough staff for the houses, They have clients that should have been in nursing homes or staff with better/ more training. most of the staff don't have the training to care for the clients that they have.
a fun place to work
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 12, 2016
a typical work day involves working with didn't clients assistant with ADL's personal care etc.
I've learned that people want to be treated how you would want to be treated.
ok management
ok co-workers
the hardest part about the job would be driving just having to provide my own gas and car
the most enjoyable part would be the clients I love working with people.
Mediocre and unprofessional
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INAugust 10, 2016
Promised a certain amount of hours but do not receive. Lack coordinance and professionalism while more focused on drama and gossip than anything. Needs better management amongst other things.
Pros
Wonderful consumers
Cons
Unprofessional employees
very great place to work
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 10, 2016
overall it is a wonderful place to work. they should just appreciate the workers more. The workers do alot of things to make sure that the clients are safe and sound and that should be more appreciated

2.7