ResCare Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,062 reviews matching the search
Worst workplace ever
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJuly 29, 2016
I got sexually assaulted while on shift (on my first day nontheless) and when I told my manager she was mad at me. She was mad that I was no longer comfortable working with male clients and acted like I was being ridiculous for making that request. Needless to say, I quit after two weeks being there because of the way I was treated in such a horrible situation. The pay isn't very good, the management was truly awful, and some clients weren't very great either. The best part was the flexibility in your schedule and some of the clients were fun to work with.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Management, compensation
enjoyable to work with elderly
QSA (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVJuly 27, 2016
enjoyed working with the elderly
typical day would be to make breakfast and do daily chores, to get patient ready for the day, to go out and do something productive then return home for lunch and/or dinner and to receive meds
Secretary daily task
Secretary Job specific tasks (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 26, 2016
Typical day at work, getting all deadlines met, preparing daily agenda's, making sure customers are satisfied, maintaining a clean and safe environment, and collaborating collectively with other employee's. Overall learning experience s building my management skills. Serving as office coordinator over other clerical employees. Dealing with employee's/ co-workers is awesome, always great to get second opinions. Hardest part is juggling multiple things at once, best part is accomplishing those multiple goals by the end of shift or deadline.
Great environment and the ability to help your consumers and feel like you make a differnce in their lives.
Money management (Current Employee) –  Buckhannon, WVJuly 26, 2016
I work in the clients home and directly with supervisors, consumers family and state workers and with co-workers. The hardest part of my job is getting a day off, pulling many 14-16 hour 5 days straight. The best part of my job is knowing you make a difference in their life. I've learned that keeping organized, and prioritizing and listening are key to keeping things running smoothly.
Pros
Wearing casual dress
Cons
Long hours, back to back
Love what I do, hate who I do it for....
Direct Care Professional (Current Employee) –  Lewisburg, WVJuly 26, 2016
As I love my clients and the actual job itself, management is a total mess. They can't keep staff, their is no communication, if something goes wrong you'll be thrown under the bus in a heartbeat, they're always trying to slide by with something they know the union doesn't allow so if you don't know what you're doing you will be used and taken advantage of most definitely. Recently they've gone to 12 hr shift which leave no time for family especially if you need to pull overtime to help cover those bills at home. Also different employees are held to different standards depending on attitude and work ethic. In my home we are held to high standards due to always staying safe and clean and basically doing what we're supposed to as described in the job description but in other homes its a total mess hasn't been cleaned in days the clients are lacking hygiene ect ect and nothing changes because they've done it so long management just doesnt feel like fighting for a change anymore.
Pros
Lots of overtime due to lack of staff
Cons
Having to stay over due to lack of staff or working in a new home because of no staff.
Working for Rescare
DSP (Current Employee) –  Carbondale, ILJuly 25, 2016
The help and wellbeing of people with disability in making sure they are taking care of and are in good care. it is a easy lady back job where you can help people that need your help.
Assisted living with 4 amazing ladies
Direct Care Professional (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, INJuly 25, 2016
A typical day at work is passing meds, making then eating breakfast, do showers, relax and watch tv, start making lunch and eat lunch, pass more meds, then we relax and sit outside (if it's nice out), or we will go out into the community.
Pros
Ladies that I take care of are amazing
Cons
Single staffed
Horrible job
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  French Lick, INJuly 23, 2016
One of the worst jobs I've ever held. Management is horrible, as is the pay. Supposed "pay freeze" but I think it's just greedy corporate. Haven't been paid in a whole month. No one seems to care.
Pros
Clients are wonderful
Cons
Bad insurance. Horrible management, horrible pay
fun place to work with the kids
Residential Advisor (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJJuly 23, 2016
Responsible for the overall monitoring of assigned service site; including routine inspections of dormitory, individual
rooms and lockers. Educate trainees on the center's rules and regulations; and oversee that all guidelines are being
followed. Manage a caseload of 25 to 75 students, conduct daily group meetings, and teach an Independent Living Class
weekly. Worked with incoming students from correctional facilities to help them adjusted to the transition and rules.
Pros
love working with kids
Cons
poor managment
Needs Directon
Office Staff (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 23, 2016
There is not organizational structure in the Atlanta office. Management lacks professionalism and respect for others.
One of the Best
HOME CARE AIDE (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAJuly 21, 2016
ResCare Homecare of Spokane is one of the best homecare agencies I've worked for. I have been with many agencies in my 35+ years in this field. They really care for both their clients as well as their employees. Most of the supervisors were easily accessible when needed. The training was through and easily understood. I enjoyed my time with ResCare Homecare.
Pros
The branch office was easily accessible by local bus.
Cons
Not enough low care clients.
This company is Horrible
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  LouisianaJuly 20, 2016
I work for this company and they care nothing about the employees. I love my clients but the company is only about money and dont give a care about the clients are those that take care of them. We deserve more money it's wrong that you will not give these hard working people that contributes to your company a raise. The only people receiving the big pay checks are those in higher positions who have No Clue on what I deal with on a daily basis or how to deal with the clients. I'd love to see you do my job then you'll see why We your Employees Deserve higher pay.
Pros
The clients are the reason I get up snd Go to Work Daily
Cons
Horrible Management Horrible Pay
Amazing and Fun
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 20, 2016
I LOVE this place! It is like another family to me. I love the people, I love the work i do. I love helping people. This opportunity has brought so much joy into my life.
n/a
Fresh Food Chef (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 20, 2016
Its ok but, the pay bad, and the management not good to there staff and no loyalty but my co workers is nice people I the cusomu .
Human Resources / Business Manager
Human Resources / Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 20, 2016
I enjoy challenges, and this job was exactly that. I was not only the Human Resources Manager, but the Business Manager as well. They removed two different managers and created one position. Some days were long, trust me, there was no down time. The most enjoyable part of this job was the satisfaction of doing a good job. My facility went through a State audit, while I in charge. We came through in good shape. The state went through each department. I was a one man department. My co-workers were great.
Pros
Constant challenges
Cons
Finding time, one man office
better pay
Intake Specialist (Current Employee) –  30 bay street staten island ny 10301July 20, 2016
they don't give any raises annually. i enjoy working with people and love working in my community. i get a long wonderfully with my co workers.. and wish the money was better
Caregiver
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAJuly 20, 2016
Help clients or residents with the activities of daily living
Perform personal care tasks; hygiene, ambulation, eating, dressing, toileting and shaving
Talk with clients, give them companionship while participating in resident activities
Pros
Talking with clients
Cons
had to leave work when it snowed
direct support for elderly
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIJuly 20, 2016
I Worked with the client in the privacy of their own home and assist them with their daily routines such as household chores, food preparation and provided assistance maintaining their health and hygiene.
It's okay
Case Management (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJuly 20, 2016
You have to enjoy helping others in order to enjoy working with this company. Lack of support from management but great co-workers that are always willing to help.
Pros
helping others in need
Cons
lack of support and knowledge from management
Customer care service Representative (Current Employee) –  Logan, WVJuly 20, 2016
The job is very rewarding if you love to help people. Management however is very unprofessional. If they don't like you as an individual, then they will make working for the company very challenging. They give you a weeks worth of paid training. However, they lack in hands on training. If you make an error in your career, then they have you to blame with or without that training.

2.7