ResCare Employee Reviews

Found 2,061 reviews matching the search
Fine if you need work but very unorganized company
RN (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMarch 30, 2016
Worked here 4 years. The benefits are actually alright but the pay is terrible and and I have never gotten a raise. I even talked to my boss once requesting a pay increase review, which was denied. I also sent in a formal request letter, which was ignored. I have had nothing but positive yearly reviews so this was discouraging. Office personnel changes constantly, and always makes tons of mistakes on the schedule, and PTO, and anything else they possibly can. I even missed 2 whole paychecks and had to wait until my next check to get them because they lost my hours sheets. Who can afford to go without their check? I have been paid the wrong # of hours, the wrong hourly rate and not been paid my PTO requested at all. Would not recommend.
Pros
Independent work environment, Low stress
Cons
Low pay, disorganized office staff
Its OK if you just need a job
Direct Staff Support (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAMarch 28, 2016
ResCare is one company that is full of B.S!!! I have been working for this company 6+ years and have only gotten one raise and everybody got the same raise on the same paycheck! They couldn't even give us a whole QUARTER!! Its sad! Most of the consumers are awesome, some lie on you, and some will even to fight you, but its all in how you take it. As you know, rescare has a high turnover rate, so with that said the office management sucks because they are most of the time new. They come in not knowing anything about the staff or consumers and always try to change rules and the way grouphomes are operating. They try to make it like their last job. The office management will LIE on other staff just to try and cover their own behinds. which is VERY unfair! I wouldnt recommend NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON TO WORK FOR THIS COMPANY UNLESS YOU JUST NEED SOMETHING TO DO! I wouldnt even let my family stay in the grouphomes...i would have to be dead before any of my siblings that are mentally challenged stay in these homes!
Pros
enough hours
Cons
low pay, management sucks
Prepared to get down and dirty.
Quality Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJMarch 16, 2016
A typical day of work includes cooking and showering for the individuals living in the group home. Other task includes administering medication and cleaning laundry. Generally the hardest part of this job is handling the odors and messes associated with developmentally and intellectually disabled individuals. This can be a rewarding career for someone who is looking to care for people without the expectation of receiving high salary. This is an excellent job for someone in college or elderly and receiving social security benefits.
Pros
PTO, Excellent Benefit options, easy laid back.
Cons
No real breaks, don't wear nice clothes.
Please read reviews before accepting job!
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VAMarch 31, 2016
Never got a raise always promised. Made 7.50 hr for 2 years . You get PTO time after youve been there 6 months. Dont call off or be sick they dont care youd be better off coming in and sleeping like the other staff does. The job was great working with residents. Knowing you make a difference in someone life. The staff is horrible! Won't help and it's always state or social services coming in because of the staff abusing residents. It's a no win situation you work there to help but if you report the abuse. They threaten to fire you. If you do take this job write down dates and times stuff occurs. Keep you self safe. If people only knew what was really going on they would shut the place down. And get them residents out of there. It truly is pitiful. And management takes there money. And spends it. I pray that state and social services eventually shut them down!!! Do not expect to make a difference at this job. Cause after u see the abuse and stealing you will report it and either you will quit or they will fire you. BE careful!!!
Pros
Working and helping residents. Making a difference
Cons
Staff!!! Management all around bad they treat residents awful.
Relaxed work environment
Accounts Receivable Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Saint Clairsville, OHMarch 1, 2016
ResCare is a nation wide human services company that provides personal services to people with developmental disabilities. The direct care employees that work for ResCare are a special group of people who do a job that a lot of people can not do. The employees that work in the office are not a priority to the company. The health insurance premiums has gotten progressively higher with diminishing benefits. The wages have been "frozen" for the entire span of my employment, but the State has given several rate increases. They have also expanded the companies locations that has increased the work load of the position.
Pros
Office is family orinented
Cons
Wages do not increase with cost of living or experience
Good-Bye life
Lead of Group Home (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 15, 2016
Working with the clients was great, such a fulfillment type of job. The company on the other hand was a different story. The company was on a pay freeze so no raises in the 3 years I was there. Sick leave was very hard to take since the company could never keep anyone. Management was great but they were stressed out constantly.
Pros
Dinner with Clients for free, use of company van while taking clients places
Cons
no breaks, low pay, under staffing
Now that i have transferred to the workshop
Direct Care Staff Member (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXFebruary 19, 2016
It's a lot better, Oh I love working with the Consumers, but getting paid 7.25 an hr. is not working for me, and I'm a single mother of 3 adult children, 17 grandchildren, now can you imagine how it is when Christmas come around. I have been working for Rescare for just 6 yrs. (Educare) It was ok at first, but now it's 2016 and still no pay raise!!!!, the only reason I'm still there is because of the Consumers, I love them all. But it's time for me to leave now.
Pros
Loving the Consumers
Cons
Unorganized, No pay raise.
horribly managed
DSP (Former Employee) –  WVMarch 11, 2016
Most unorganized company I've ever worked for. Upper management doesn't care about their employees at all. They also don't seem to particularly care too much about the consumers either. Long hours and little pay, they don't offer raises but expect you to work non stop and come in every time they call. Working for them means giving up many other aspects of your life.
No possibility for pay raises
Direct Supervisor nominated for DSP Caseworker (Former Employee) –  Gore, VAFebruary 21, 2016
This is a lovely job if you like helping others, however, don't expected to be given raises on good work and merit. The company is extremely cheap. They offer NO medical benefits, and I was never paid for overtime hours.
Take the job for helping our special clients, because you will feel absolutely no value in the corporate part as you make a difference.
Pros
emotionally rewarding
Cons
Horribly cheap company
unpleasant enviroment
Medical Service Coordinator and Transporter (Former Employee) –  Columbia, TNDecember 14, 2015
clock in . check house for chores done by clients, make sure they are dressed and ready to go to school load on bus take to school. If we were late we got yelled at, if the house was not clean we got yelled at. if the girls didn't do their chores staff had to do it , if we didn't do it we got yelled at. We were treated like the clients.then off to prepare my next job as Medical staff getting appointments ready for the day and transport back and forth from appointments and school. school ends at 3:30 take children back to house drop off with 2nd shift go home. some days i have to go grocery shopping for the houses.
this place is not a good place to work only the office people were treated right along with the house managers if upper management liked you.
over worked and underpaid Terrible Place
Pros
no pros
Cons
no breaks, lunch only, no raises, no incentive, promises that were always broken, Staff were treated unfairly, laid off with a 1 1/2 day new administrators, never keep staff

Want to know more about ResCare?

Ask a question
Tons of Work for Little Pay
DCS (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, OHMarch 8, 2016
I Wouldn't Recommend Applying to this Company, You Will Never Receive a Raise..They Expect Way too Much From you- Long Hours- No Breaks- Management Doesn't Care about the Consumers... Stay Away from Rescare, Place is a Joke!!!!!!
Pros
The Consumers were Amazing
Cons
Very Low Pay- Horrible Management
very bad place to work
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Anna, ILDecember 3, 2015
The job was very well manage until it got brought out by Rescare. it was poorly ran, they weren't concerned about the clients care.The entire management were very unprofessional, would do anything to harm others job. and very negative. Staff were treated poorly. If we had too be off we couldn't be off for a sick child, a close family members death, etc. Very poor work enviroment. Very poor communciation. They won't give their staff off time no matter what and they work their staff to death. Don't have people wanting to work there because of all the bad things about them. Very high turn over rate....Staff doesn't work together and will let upper management talk and treat them any kind of way. They don't give raises ,offer benefits or offer anything or make their staff feel appreciated..No matter how well you did your job it wasn't good enough.
Pros
no pros
Cons
no time off, pay was pitiful for the type of work. no room for advancement
I wish I had know the background of the Company Rescare
career specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville KentuckyDecember 12, 2015
No support from management
No training
You are on your own
The buck is past to the employee, Its your fault if it is done wrong even though you receive little to know training
The pressure to perform are overwhelming
Good luck on getting your breaks and 1/2 hour lunch
No open door policy. Employees know more than management
This is a Contract position
No opportunity to excel, no raises

Good thing wonderful co-workers
Clients you work with are wonderful and need guidance in looking for jobs and careers. These are the best rewards.
Pros
Co workers are wonderful
Cons
2 15 minute breaks 1/2 lunch
Depending on who is working, it was a very good place to work.
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLDecember 20, 2015
The most enjoyable part of that job is being able to help those that can not help themselves. The hardest part is not being able to get the help they need in a timely manner. Most coworkers pulled together but as always there were some that were a team of one. Most times management would be there to help you understand anything that was giving you trouble. I learned that it pays to not be too old or too educated to learn from others no matter the age. I typical day on the job could be so hectic but most were very rewarding.
Pros
You see the change you are making.
Cons
You could not afford the health benefits if you were not management.
Unorganized place to work
QSA/Direct care staff (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVMarch 16, 2016
Direct care staff; worked there for a few years until they switched to mandatory 12 hr shifts. It was chaos, heard management was poorly structered. No raises.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Horrible upper management
Rescare Homecare was not for me.
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNDecember 29, 2015
Homecare is very difficult - dealing with poverty and unstable caregivers. Was not my thing. I spent most my time scheduling, hiring, billing, marketing. The hardest part was keeping the caregivers on schedule. The most enjoyable was the bonds created with the Clients and some of the Caregivers. There are no raises in current job - only a promotion will get you an increase. Bonus for increase is business was .2% of one months increase - so not enough for the work you do.
Pros
Mileage, stability
Cons
on-call all the time.
constantly changing job responsibility
RN Supervisor/DON (Former Employee) –  Nutter Fort, WVMarch 17, 2016
Management is constantly changing job responsibilities. Always changing who is responsible for what and no one is held accountable for anything. As a supervisor, I had absolutely no home life and constantly had to cancel personal plans to meet job demands. Couldn't keep staff because they weren't paid competitive wages and required to work long hours. As a supervisor, I had no back up from upper management. Could not do my supervisory duties because I was always doing other things (med passes, meetings, etc) but yet was rated low on reviews because of what I didn't do. I learned to watch my back as well. Pay was above the local average but they had to do something to make the job appealing.
Pros
pay
Cons
no overtime for salaried employees, no home life
love working with clients
Medication aide (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 4, 2016
A good place to work, some room to grow depending on what you like to do, not any raises giving, have to change position to gain a better wage, but a great place to work.
ResCare
Youth Talent Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAFebruary 25, 2016
ResCare workforce services is an excellent company that provides jobs for people who need them. I worked primarily with youth ages 16-24 helping them find jobs and get free occupational skills training.
Pros
working with people, excellent benefits
Cons
unorganized management, lack of communication
Enjoyable work and interaction with clients.
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMarch 11, 2016
I enjoy working for ResCare and interacting with my clients. I enjoy my group home and my coworkers. I wish raises were offered for the employees, though.
Pros
Relaxed, challenging, fun
Cons
no raises

2.7