ResCare

ResCare Employee Reviews

Helping others start anew
Assistant Facilitator Intern (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYJune 1, 2015
Pros: team players, efficient workers, janitorial staff is thorough and organized
Cons: Exampleclients are difficult, computers have a lot of bugs to sort out: Short breaks, healthcare, etc.
The employees here are helpful to the clients and the act as team players. Work is taken seriously and laziness or indifference in not tolerated.
Employees go above and beyond for the client. They are met with patience and humility. Because the clients are forced into the program; they do not realize its a beneficial program, at first. But because of the employees motivation to helping them get back on their feet most realize the advantages of participating.
Not a bad place to begin work with disabled individuals
Quality Service Assistant (Former Employee), New JerseyJune 1, 2015
Cons: raises can be an issue
Stress isn't high, as long as everyone works together, it will be a great experience. Don't be afraid to ask questions, and other workers are generally helpful.
Productive workplace with compassionate workers
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee), Terra Alta, WVMay 30, 2015
An overall good company to work for. I do light house keeping and many outings. Working for this company has taught me compassion and patience. Management has many good qualities.
the job is great
the are a very good company to work for (Current Employee), lafafyette laMay 28, 2015
I learned how to be there for other how to I also got certified by the state to administer medications and I also have a cpr certification the management was great the job was pretty much easy I enjoyed the job
Working at Rescare
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 28, 2015
Working at Rescare was hard but very tedious. Just like all businesses they have their issues but should do surveys to try to resolve them.
Fun work place
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNMay 28, 2015
Pros: Most of the clients are very nice people.
Cons: None
I worked as a one on one staff member. I was there to help mentally ill adults live normal lives. My job was to help the clients with cooking, cleaning and daily outings.
Talent Development Leader (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMay 26, 2015
Pros: Helping people
Cons: Benefits
Typical work day is busy.
I have learned the Quality Way in helping people succeed in life in the last 7 yrs. The hardest part of the job is when you see people just don't care and don't want to succeed in life.
Very friendly and professional environment
Office Assistant (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMay 26, 2015
Pros: help to get a better job
Cons: not well-paid
I just started and the idea behind that is to help me get a better job. I help the RESCARE staff with any type of office work. I get help by job developer to do job search.
Worked a lot
Direct Care Worker, Daily (Former Employee), Lapeer, MIMay 25, 2015
I worked with the mentally ill providing Activities daily living skills, bathing, passing medications, documentation and anything else asked to do.
Not a job for evreyone
Individual Care Provider (Current Employee), East Wenatchee, WAMay 22, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: everything else
I go to different clients houses and tend to their needs. Its a job that requires lotsa patience. I wouldn't recommend working for this company if your expecting steady hours and good pay.
Productive and learning place to work
Direct Support Staff (Current Employee), GAMay 22, 2015
Pros: Teamwork, and being on time. Fast learner
Cons: short breaks, and patient
A typical day at work is seeing the clients needs, then making sure all medication, meals and laundry, is done in a timely matter that is given, then bath and showers, and any exercising, and all goals are met each day or month. Making sure the clients understands; what, he or she is taking medication and for; what, reason. I, have learned, what, my client likes and dislike; without, words. Management and co-workers, can work more better as a team. The hardest part of the job? Is when a client has a seizure, and you pray they will be alright. The most enjoyable part of the job? Is; when, the clients are laughing and enjoying you or something on television, or a meal, or a book.
great
Assistant Living (Former Employee), Keokuk, IAMay 21, 2015
Found out through working here I love helping people. Especially the elderly or someone who just needs a little extra love.
love taking care of the elderly and disable
dsp (Former Employee), Houma, LAMay 20, 2015
I would get to work at 10 pm go over notes make the consumers lunches do light house duties and i would also pass medications
Do Not Waste Your Time
DSP (Former Employee), Clarksburg, WVMay 19, 2015
Pros: Helping the consumers set and reach their goals
Cons: Too many to list here
No communication between Office Staff and the DSPs, No Accountability or Consequences for non compliant staff, and the Program Manager does not give a isht what the consumers want.
When getting pulled to other waiver homes and you are 1:1, you are told to trick your consumer in to going with you and told to document that your consumer is "going on a visit" when in actuality they are going there with you to work because of all of the short staffed issues that the company has.
Home like enviromet
Team Leader (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 19, 2015
Pros: build friendships
Cons: no raises
not loyal to employees no compensations and no yearly raises. The hardest part about this job was just never have time to spend with my child.
Opportunities to make recommendations for changes, consumers and staff improved for the better
Case Manager/Residential Coordinator/Trainer (Former Employee), Greeley, ColoradoMay 19, 2015
Pros: Opportunities to grow in my job
Enjoyed advocating for those I served. I appreciated the opportunities to learn various roles and responsibilities.
There was not a typical day but that is what made it interesting and challenged me each day. Case Management is multifaceted, requires thinking outside the box. I truly enjoyed coaching and managing teams to work together to support the consumers we served. Retention was imperative to the people we served and to each other therefore it was important to me to work alongside my staff to ensure they were knowledgeable in the jobs they performed each day, up to date on policy and procedures. Due to the nature of the individuals we served it was important to communicate frequently to ensure the needs were met as well all health issues addressed.
I had multiple deadlines to meet but it challenged me to rise to the occasion and managed my time accordingly.
Poor management
Private Duty Nurse (Former Employee), Eau Claire WIMay 18, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: poorly organized
Mislead on amount of hours and times I would be working. I was scheduled and rescheduled on short notice. Minimal orientation, the first shift I worked there was no one from ResCare, only an independent nurse who didn't know the charting and timecard paperwork I needed to do. The second day, I was on my own....and that was my last day!
The pay was $21 per hour as a RN, while the independent RN made $34 per hour. Minimum wage was paid for in office orientation and meetings.
Fast paced work enviroment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMay 18, 2015
Pros: Great co-workers
Cons: Short lunch breaks
 Created Federal Disability and appointment Rosters, obtained Comprehensive Service Plans for the Federal Disability Unit, which included heavy client contact and effective outreach via telephone calls and written process who failed to report to appointments.
 Greeted clients, logged clients into the NYCWay database. Determined client language for accommodation needs.
 Reviewed NYCWay operating system to produce client data for case managers; distributed metro cards logs in WE Share;
 Entered medical and personal history information on program participants into specialized databases. Compiled and entered data for reporting and statistical purposes, also prepared documents for scanning process.
I loved my client
Caregiver (Former Employee), Olympia WAMay 15, 2015
Pros: the close bond you build with people
Cons: not enough hours
I would go to a clients house a help her with daily need she might have such as cleaning, cooking, bathing, shopping. I didn't work with other coworkers. there was no hard part about the job. I really loved working with the clients and helping them to be able to stay at home.
Management is a joke
Case Manager (Former Employee), Danville, VAMay 12, 2015
Pros: weekends off
Cons: everything else
Nobody should ever work for this company. 6 months to benefits kick in, managers are not qualified, pay is miserable for the amount of work. Be ready to train yourself, but be expected to know everything on your own... just an overall horrible company

1 2 3 4 5

About ResCare

Through its residential, training, and support services, ResCare offers RESpect and CARE to people with physical and mental disabilities. – Read more

ResCare Salaries