ResCare Employee Reviews

Assertive
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Shawnee, OKAugust 31, 2015
My colleagues and I stayed busy working on ideas. We also worked as a team to communicate better. We did a lot ranging from the monotonous tasks to new projects that were challenging and exciting.
Good company to work for.
Caretaker (Former Employee), Beckley, WVAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Good company
Cons: benefits
I liked working at ResCare. The management was good and the co-workers were good. I liked going to patients houses and helping them with their daily needs. Overall this was a good job.
Exciting and Great Envoriment
Porter (Current Employee), Queens, NYAugust 28, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: N/A
I learn new ways in doing my daily tasks. My typical day would be dealing with daily clients helping and appointing clients to restrooms and nearby staffs. My co-workers are very professional and helpful including my manger. The hardest part of my job would be solving issues with certain hazard materials around the facility. The most enjoyable part of my job would be interacting with my co-workers and clients through out my day.
good work placed
Direct Care Professional (Current Employee), Lexington, KYAugust 26, 2015
Cons: income been frozen at 9 dollars an hour for about 4 yrs now
fun and great peop;e to work for very caring bosses i likes working there my bosses try to help us all out the best they can i just got one on one with one client which i like much the bossess helps us with any problems we have with the clinct or theirs familys members
Productive and easy going
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Escondido CaAugust 26, 2015
Working at Rescare as a office assistant was fun, not only did I learn a lot my I also gained confidence in the workforce. My colleagues are also enjoyable people to work along side with. Over all it has been an awesome experience.
horrible and unorganized
dcs (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXAugust 25, 2015
Pros: the clients
Cons: everything
I have been with rescare for over 6yrs during those years there was such a high turn over with staff management and nursing staff. The residential managers were messy and were always gossiping instead of doing their jobs they would always ask the staff to work because they didn't want to. Some were fired for stealing from the clients or from the credit cards they didn't care about the clients or staff. The QIDP`S were to busy having affairs with each other that they didn't care what was going on the executive director is an idiot. The executive director is so uneducated that she has other people do her job because she's out getting her nails or hair done. No one knows anything the administrative assistant is a rude,mean, very hateful person none of the clients like her. Corporate doesn't do anything about these people messing things up because when they come everyone is to scared to talk to them for fear of getting fired. Raises are never ever given minimum wage is all they pay and they expect us to be slaves for this pay its ridiculous!
ResCare-Team Lead
Team Lead (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INAugust 21, 2015
Pros: the consumers you grow to love.
Cons: office, management, the pay.
I'm a employee of ResCare for almost a year now. I'm not sure about any other office but the office in Fort Wayne, IN is messy and unorganized. They management there is petty and all they do is look for people to fire with no legit reason and that's unfair. i wouldn't recommend THIS office/establishment to anyone.
Fun place to work Great co workers
Direct Care Professional (Current Employee), Saint Clairsville, OHAugust 21, 2015
I enjoy working at Rescare. I enjoy working with my co workers and consumers. I have learned the wants and needs of the consumers. There is lack of communication between management and employees. The hardest part of my job is the long 12 hour shifts and knowing there is no room for advancement. The most enjoyable part of my job is assisting the consumers who live in the home.
productive
Direct Support Staff (Current Employee), Canton, OHAugust 19, 2015
the clients are great, they work with your life at home. you make a decent amount of money if you're a college student. It helps you develop communication skills, very calm environment.
fun nice people
DSP (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 19, 2015
Pros: go pay
Cons: might work long hrs at times.
Work day will start out slow at first then will speed up to a faster pace after you have worked in the field for a while. Look forward to moving up in the company if you work hard.
Don't do it
Trainer (Former Employee), Norfolk, NeAugust 18, 2015
Very unprofessional place to work. High turnover rate and horrible management unwilling to make improvements. If you are looking for a human service career look somewhere else. Rescare has no credibility. Place is a joke!
A day of work at ResCare
Consumer Integration Assistant (CIA) (Current Employee), Bloomfield Hills, MIAugust 17, 2015
Pros: having PTO time available to use
Cons: Low pay
On a daily basis, we distribute medications to consumers throughout the day. We are also in charge of cooking breakfast, lunch and dinner for 5 consumers daily. I would have to say that the hardest part of this job is knowing how to handle consumers when they act out. You need to know what to do and how to handle a situation like that. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with each and every consumer and learning about the life that they had growing up.
Great clients that I've worked with.
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee), Thomasville, gaAugust 14, 2015
Pros: It's a laid back job. You get to meet new people. Not much to do. You get paid time off, and 401K after a year of working with the company.
Cons: They're very unprofessional. My check was missing hours every pay period, literally.
Rescare has its days. On a typical day I'd sit with clients. I'd assist with house-cleaning, giving bathes, grooming, and etc. I'd assist client with making breakfast, lunch, dinner & a snack. I take clients to doctors appointments and on community outings every week.
ResCare is a very proactive loving helpful company
Direct Support Staff (Current Employee), phoenix,azAugust 13, 2015
Pros: Making my clients happy, able to know i made they day very good
Cons: N/A
ALL Staff I work with I get a long with very well
typical day at work teaching my clients/ Members new things
I really don't have a hardest part when im at work
My enjoyable part at work is THE TIME I SPENT WITH MY CLIENTS/MEMBERS.
good place to work
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee), Jefferson City, MOAugust 12, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: every dept. wasnt treated the same
I enjoyed working for this establishment. worked there for almost 12 years. every dept was treated the same. expected same amount of work. but didn't get the extra benefits.
Productive and fun
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 12, 2015
Pros: work at your own paste
Cons: short break
Reliable, on time and accurate, Day goes by fast knowing that you are helping someone get the best healthcare that you could provide for them and giving the knowledge of their insurance.

Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company
Fun and exciting
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYAugust 10, 2015
Pros: meals cooked by chefs in training
Cons: no room for growth
Rescare is a great company and I enjoyed the time I spent with all of my coworkers. There is always something exciting going on at Rescare due to the students such as plays shows and parties.
The one thing I didn't like was I didn't get respect from the students since I look so young.
Got to meet cool people.
Caregiver (Former Employee), Flagstaff, AZAugust 9, 2015
Pros: The clients
Cons: The clients
With helping disabled people you get to learn a lot about them even if they don't talk you still get to learn a lot about them. I've learned not to take things for granted. Hardest part of the job was sometimes seeing them upset and there's nothing you can do about it.
Productive environment that promotes independence of residents and staff
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCAugust 6, 2015
A typical day at work includes positive reinforcement and encouraging residents to be independent in their everyday living.
Getting them up and dressed for the day
QSA (Current Employee), Princeton, WVAugust 4, 2015
Pros: getting to know each consumer, going on outings with them
Cons: long hours, overnight, dealing with the consumers mess, having to give them showers
I go to work from 12am-8am. I mostly just clean and do bed checks until the start of the morning. When it is time to get the consumers up, I go back and wake them up, get them dressed, and cook them breakfast.