ResCare Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,004 reviews matching the search
a place to grow
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 24, 2016
I work one on one with people all day to care for them to bring joy and happiness when part of them was not there or family being ill with a sickness is heard to live with I enjoy learned new thing meeting new people and way to do thing the hardest part is when you have to say good by do to death
Clients are amazing individuals but management lacks personal integrity!
DSP (Current Employee) –  Beckley, WVJune 24, 2016
like the title of my review states the clients are amazing individuals but the management Lacks morality and personal integrity and allows a lot of very bad things to happen or likes to sweep things under the rug for whatever reason if you can deal with management being and having lack of character and a sense of morality this is a great job having said that the upper staff and management at the main office are great people it's just the people that directly work with a home
Pros
Clients, senior management
Cons
Lots of drama and abuse from staff and managers that know about it and dont do thier job
Upper Mgmt is not concerned with the employees.
IT Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 24, 2016
I was one of group of Security Analysts that were let go to "Streamline" the company. My Director had 16 years in and was sent packing. It was a business decision! The IT Sec Supervisor was not a IT Sec Professional, so IT Security was truley not a concern. All who left have done much better!
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
No training budget, below market saleries, poor upper management
Yes work place is fun
Staff Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Verona, NJJune 23, 2016
Nursing as a whole is challenging, but the most part is prioritizing
what is important at start of your shift.
Each day is a learning process, therefore as a nurse remember that you will be face with a lots of changes as your day progresses. Also be wholistic meaning you have management, family members, Doctors, co-workers and more importantly your patients to deal with on a daily basic. Collobration and teamwork help reduces stressand keep you focal
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
yes you do have full
show the clients indepent living
House Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 22, 2016
I loved working with my clients showing them different ways of living but if they can get office managers who knows what there doing
Pros
you get all the over time that you want
Cons
messes up on hours pays late
Great Experience
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 22, 2016
This company is a wonderful company, and the experience is amazing. I feel like the people at this company really care about each individual, and we are all like family here.
Okay employer
Residential Manager (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 21, 2016
Runs off of emotion rather than factual information. Suspensions during investigations are unnecessarily long. I have seen terminations based on personal feelings rather than facts.
Pros
Great consumers
Cons
Takes a lot of personal time away
Exciting
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 21, 2016
A work day at ResCare was full of excitement. The clients were nice and the fact that there were more than one inside of the homes gave me an experience to learn behaviors of all different types. Management was a working progress. My coworkers were friendly. The most enjoyable part of my job was when the clients expressed how much they liked me and that I was doing a great job.
Pros
Overtime.
Cons
no raises
Life mission in Caring for people.
Quality Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVJune 21, 2016
This was one of my favorite jobs. Even though I worked in one of the toughest houses, with no ambulatory clients, its still a place close to my heart. For my first job as a CNA in this facility, they trained me, showed me how to handle patient with respect and dignity, even if they didn't reciprocate. In turn once the clients become familiar with you, they tend to show you show much love and appreciation.
Pros
free food, outdoor activities with clients
Cons
seniority overtime
a good place to work for
direct support professional (Current Employee) –  Hazard, KYJune 20, 2016
I enjoy my job I enjoy working wit the clients ive learnt a lot from working this job its made me grow up a lot I started this job when I was 19 an just out of high school, the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the smile on my clients face when I come on shift
Ify
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 18, 2016
Rescare was so unorganized, schedules were always messed managers through the entire group homes. No structure what so ever, but spectacular benefits
Its an "OK" job
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 17, 2016
You're told there are plenty hours available and when you sttart working they are hardly any offered to you.There is too much paperwork to get paid.It should be an easier process
fun place to work
Direct Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCJune 14, 2016
I love this job because of the patience they where so sweet,funny and truly memorable. I fell inlove with the patience till this day i still check on them from time to time.
Pros
patience
Cons
health care
ResCare rating
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  South East IndianaJune 14, 2016
It paid the bills. I don't want to review this company. It had its pros and cons like any job. The best thing about my job was working with my great employees!
Pros
paycheck
Cons
Laid off
20 cent raise in 4 years
Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington StateJune 14, 2016
They gave up on staff and left clients to fend for themselves. Rescare took a successful program and ran it to the ground, not caring about what happen to an over-worked underpaid staff. 60 hours a week. They put no effort in finding staff and treated their employee and participants like a number; No thank you, stay away from rescare WA.
Pros
overtime.
Cons
No one liked the company (not one not kidding)
Customer Service
Medical Records Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAJune 12, 2016
This company took care of patient very well. Tried to become modern with technology with minimum training that made thinigs quite frustrating but in the end, it worked out.
Staffing
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INJune 12, 2016
I enjoy ResCare overall and all it's done for me, however I think it needs to be a little more strict with it's hiring process.
Good job to start your career, use only as a stepping stone to better career options
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJune 10, 2016
Hired on as a case manager in 2015. Everything started off well until I continuously got more and more case loads to the point where I was extremely overwhelmed. Management seemed unsympathetic to the concerns raised by fellow case managers as to the limited amount of time we could give to our customers since our case load volume was so high. Since I was hired on as temp-to-perm I was continuously told I would eventually be hired on full time. However there were unforeseen budget cuts and I was let go without much notice. Altogether it's a good job for Individuals who are just starting their career in the social service field. However, this is not a company you want to be with for more than 2-3 years. Good stepping stone job. Nothing more.
Pros
Excellent coworkers, steady 8-5 hours, helping individuals find employment particularly rewarding
Cons
Poor management, no raises, no job advancement or job security
Learning to be a Manager
Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN 46250June 10, 2016
Being able to learn how to be a leader when i was a house manager
was great. I learned a lot of life lessons, how to provide proper care for a client is one.
Pros
healthcare, room to grow, the learning curve
Cons
management, staffing, pay raises
Lack of in Field Supports
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Stafford, VAJune 7, 2016
Hard to reach people in supervisory positions.
Very cliquey management.
Lackadaisical.
Hard to feel part of a team.
Inconsistent expectations

Lots of individual space.
Flexible schedule.
Offers discounts through secondary companies.
Pros
Flexible schedule, discounts through various other companies
Cons
Hard to reach, Not "by the books", Does not follow own rules

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ResCare. Our community is ready to answer.