ResCare

ResCare Employer Reviews

Fun and something new everyday
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee), Centerville, OhioJuly 16, 2014
I love my consumers that I take care of. They are amazing and I learned to have a lot of patience because I dealt with people that had MRDD and also behavior support plans.
OK job.
Eligibility/Intake Specialist (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAJuly 15, 2014
A typical day at work would consist on helping youth with employment and education opportunities by enrolling within in the WIA (Workforce Investment Act) program. I learned about case management, file management, organization, and teamwork. It was a very busy place even when the center was not full of youth.
Productive and fun all male house.
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee), Temple TexasJuly 9, 2014
Pros: free breakfast, lunch, dinner.
Cons: management
The house i worked at was an all male house,i had no problems with any of the clients.
caregiver
CAREGIVER (Former Employee), Everett WaJuly 9, 2014
Pros: clients
Cons: the way they treat the emplyees
*cleaned houses
*nothing
*rude
*none
*nothing
*the clients
i love to work with the consumers
adsp (Current Employee), Danville, ILJuly 8, 2014
i love to work in the homes with the consumers i have come to love them like my best friend or even family. the co worker that i work with is pretty good. i love the way she interacts with the consumers. i like that we get to go bowling with the consumers i like to see their faces light up while they play. but the one thing i don't like about rescare – more... is that the office is very disorganized and cant agree on a decision at any point and time – less
Easy going job.
Direct Support Staff (Current Employee), Gallipolis, OHJune 30, 2014
Easy job but unsteady hours and hardly ever home. Company has great training and benefits but schedules are poorly put together. You never know where you're working and what time you are supposed to be there.
My perspective on my current job...
Direct Support Staff (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 27, 2014
Pros: the clients
Cons: the money
A regular day at the job for me is to arrive at work, and immediately focus on my outlined and assigned job duties. Once those duties are performed satisfactorily, then I can began to relax a bit. While performing my job duties, it is imperative that I live and learn. What I have learned most is that positive and productive, personal interactions are – more... extremely necessary for a company or organization to grow. In order for that to occur, the leadership and/or management has to use a method of grace and fair discipline to lead the troops to those daily successes. Additionally, one's co-workers must be focused, tolerable and productive in order to keep a solid team. Even when I have to have to bath and groom the men that I currently work with, I keep my mind centered to the fact that, "8 hours is 8 hours"... Lastly, where there is the bad, goodness always breaks through any darkness. The clients whom most people would reject or see as invisible, I get to nurture, love and make a difference to God's mankind. – less
hated it
project coordinator (Former Employee), louisville, kyJune 25, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: over time, deadlines, horrible benefits, high demands, lack of quality management
I worked in the corporate building in business development and it was awful. The upper management puts all of the work on the lower front line and makes unrealistic demands. The company makes millions of dollars and the healthcare is the worst I've ever seen. My second week I was yelled at in front of my co workers by my manager for asking a question! – more... High levels of stress and frustration. Lots of overtime but this may have just been for the business development department. I never felt appreciated. Not my type of place. – less
ResCare Northern Indiana
Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INJune 25, 2014
The environment is face paced and demanding. A days work could include working on several tasks within any given time frame. The ability to multi-task and flexibility is a must.
I liked working for this comp. I enjoy helping people.
qsa (Former Employee), Princeton, WVJune 24, 2014
I would start at 8AM and work till 6PM. I learned not all MR persons are helpless in-fact 90% of MR are very capable of doing many things on there own. My manager almost always asked me if there was somebody that need to be trained would I train them. Due to being 1 0f 2 people who worked at this site I really had no contact with other coworkers. The – more... hardest part of the job was to know the guy I took care of would not get better. The best part of the job is the guy who I cared for was a joker and was always happy even as sick as he was and stuck in bed 24 hr a day – less
Quite possibly worst job expectations and benefits I have encountered since I recieved my degree 22 years ago.
QIDP (Former Employee), Lafayette LAJune 24, 2014
Pros: consumers
Cons: the rest of the job
Worked as QIDP no training was given and due to DSW shortages worked a lot as a DSW which made it difficult to do my job. On call is truly 24/7. You are expected to answer your phone day and night and as a result get little sleep. You also get little support from upper management. I needed a month off after this job just to catch up on sleep relieve – more... myself of the headaches I received working there. You truly are never caught up and when you think you might be you will learn you've done everything incorrectly. I would not recommend this job or this company to anyone. The benefits are so horrible they are pretty much don't even deserve the title of benefits, health insurance has a $3000.00 deductible for you to pay before any of it kicks in. COMPLETE DISORGANIZATION! MISTREATMENT OF CONSUMERS! IT'S ALL BAD, BAD, BAD! Even my co-workers were rude to one another it was a back stabbing environment and very uncomfortable and draining. Lastly you can expect to work up to 80 hours a week on salary and is there is no job work/life balance you'll never see your family even on weekends and holidays.
The consumers are amazing I loved working with them but I could not make sure they were all getting the highest level of care no matter how hard I worked. – less
Unstable work environment
Career Specialist (Former Employee), South CarolinaJune 22, 2014
Pros: pay check
Cons: poor managment
Worked for company for 2 1/2 years. ResCare receives contracts from different agencies to perform job readiness training. Top management has unrealistic expectation and blames all program problems on front line staff. No support and direction from management. Staff are told to complete a task and when it is explained that the expectations cannot be – more... met staff are told to figure out how to do it.
Would not recommend this company. – less
Helping people is such a humbling experience.
Direct Support Staff (Current Employee), Cherry Hill, NJJune 22, 2014
When you get to help people out who really need it just makes you a better person. This job helps you build your own character while simultaneously building another persons character. The job is never about you and always about the clients and I love that.
Enjoyed working with the clients and the training was excellent
Direct Support Service (Former Employee), Masontown, WVJune 19, 2014
The clients are wonderful and the experience was rewarding. Training was required every month to keep us current.
Must be patient and caring
Special Needs Caretaker (Former Employee), Lake Charles, LAJune 18, 2014
An average day consists of hands on care of dual diagnosed clients while assisting them with daily activities.
overall rating is 2 for this company
Workshop Facilitator (Trainer) (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 17, 2014
Pros: friendly co workers
Cons: not enough communication with parts of staff
There is no room for advancement for me at Rescare
I know that I am great at my job reviews proof it
I have a wondeful relationship with all my co workers and participants that I work with.
DONT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY
RESIDENTIAL MANAGER (Former Employee), Dayton, OHJune 13, 2014
Cons: just dont work here!!!
AT ANY GIVEN DAY YOU CAN BE DISCHARGE OR YOUR POSITION COULD CHANGE WITHOUT ANY GIVEN REASON!!!
MANAGEMENT DOES NOT RESPECT OR APPRECIATE STAFF!!!!!
I'm sure they are a good agency but their human resource department needs work.
None (Former Employee), Lanham, MarylandJune 13, 2014
Their human resource department needs work. The follow up is horrible!!!
Rewarding job, but highly demanding work loads and expectations
QIDP (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 12, 2014
Pros: rewarding experiences, meeting new people, management staff working together
Cons: being on call 24/7; high use of personal car for company business
Go to group homes completing spot checks ensuring everything was being documented, medication given and documented correctly and cleaning completed.
Go to office to either complete support/behavioral plans, review for modification. Calling guardians at least once a week. Review charts making sure all medical needs are up to date. Then schedule any meetings, – more... medical follow-up's, and training needed for staff, managers, or providers.
Prep all needed information for any meetings scheduled.
Called to office for mandatory meetings if required.
Reconciled all finances & receipts of individuals ensuring management is completing task appropriately and seeing to the needs and dreams of the individuals.
If injury or incident occurs, complete a IFUR to the Indiana State Department if applicable.
Go home and take calls from my assigned group homes if issues arise and resolve matters after hours.
In working at Rescare, even though the work loads were demanding, I found this job rewarding and opportunities for advancements. I learned numerous skills especially in the area of supervision and leadership- the demands, the follow up, the presence of leadership needed, training used as a positive tool, human resource topics (employment law/protected classes, etc), completing the IFUR tools used by the State of Indiana, and the conduct and attitude of a supervisor. I enjoyed my co-workers, always found times to ease the stress with laughter, and were helpful one to another. The hardest part of the job was not being able to have a complete family life or the time to wind down from the demands of the job. Highly intensive, but it was my job. I really enjoyed working with the individuals I served. They were very special and anything I could do for them to make their lives better and functional was rewarding. Just seeing the smile and greetings they had for me when I walked in the door. They made me appreciate my life even more. – less
Great place to start
Talent Solutions Specialist (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJune 10, 2014
Company really tries to promote within. This is an excellent company to work for, We deal with many different types of people. The hardest part of the job is being able to help everyone while always being short handed.

1 2 3 4 5

About ResCare

Through its residential, training, and support services, ResCare offers RESpect and CARE to people with physical and mental disabilities. – Read more