ResCare Employee Reviews

Found 2,179 reviews matching the search
Terrible
Personal Care worker/ Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WINovember 16, 2016
No organization not enough hours and most of the office is a bunch of monkeys that do not know how to handle any situation. I witnessed one too many times on people that do not get good care
High Volume pace job
Work Readiness Specialist Instructor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 15, 2016
Great co-workers/ Great experience working with multicultural diverse individuals. Enjoy knowing and meeting different cultures. Hardest part would be to keep track of over 15 cases on a daily basis.
Pros
Excel your experience working with others
Cons
Sometimes no time for breaks and traffic
Great workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 15, 2016
Working here is a bundle of joy. I meant the most amazing children in the world there. I enjoy making the children smile and I know they loved me as well.
Healthly work environment
Accounts Receivable Officer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 14, 2016
Rescare shares lots of love,team work and efficient customer care to deliver the best services,excellent management and co workers,not so challenging.
Pros
training for employees
Cons
no breakfast and lunch
Unorganized and money hungry upper management
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXNovember 13, 2016
The upper management are only in this for the money. While they receive big fat bonuses and six figure salaries they are paying 7.25 an hour to the staff who work their butts off taking care of the individuals.
Pros
Working for the people
Cons
Working for Rescare
Great residents
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Current Employee) –  Marion, OHNovember 11, 2016
It's easy to fall in love with your job when you're taking care of people as the main focus and that's one of the best parts about this job: the residents.
Poor management very unprofessional
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILNovember 11, 2016
I worked for ResCare for 11 months and only make 8.75 they don't have raises and management is often replaced so as a DSP you will probably know your clients everyday needs more than management. It's a ok job if you don't have kids but if you do this is not the job for you, being that working for ResCare you literally and figuratively have no life or time for much outside of work. I did learn a lot from working for the company but I could not settle for company you cannot grow in.
Pros
Fun workplace
Cons
No breaks, no raises, unorganized
Very unsteady company to work for.
Qualified Intellectual Disabilities Professional (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, OHNovember 11, 2016
Unsteady.

The company does not focus on its employees or clients. It is not focused on client wellbeing and puts staff in a difficult position due to this. I would not want a loved one in ResCare's care.
Great job
Adimin assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 10, 2016
Customer service is amazing this job really great benefits and made me happy. I would go back to work there any day. Ovrrally this job was one of a kind I have a lot of great memories
Needs improvments Overall
Direct Service Provider (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNNovember 10, 2016
Benefits not very good.
Compensation could have been a lot better.
Management seemed confused at times.
Co-workers were great to work with.
Work load exceeded pay rate.
Fun workplace
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVNovember 9, 2016
Took care of clients in their homes, took clients on outings, household duties, etc...
Learned how to care for the Disabled
Management & Co workers were FAIR
Hardest part was when client became upset
Enjoyable part was helping the client
I learned alot working with RESCARE. It can become very stressful and overwhelming at times. It taught me more patients then what I had when it comes to behaviors, how to handle situations with the individuals, and they do become like family to you. You teach them everyday living, speech, dressing themselves, toileting, eating at a pace and how to express what they want even when they can not speak. Some people made it horrible to work because they complain about doing there job or when ask to do something they refused or complain. Some staff was very disrespectful to management. Training and support from office and staff could be better
The job is a great job, co workers not so much.
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLNovember 9, 2016
The hardest part of this job was having to deal with people who instead of working together to make things work would rather complain about every thing.
cool
Qualified Staff Professional (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVNovember 9, 2016
Every thing was exciting and a great learning experience. I learned to time document and management wasn't hard on overtime. The hardest part was leaving the clients some day.
Don't work here...They do not care about their employees
QP (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaNovember 9, 2016
I was warned about this company (by those that work there currently and previously) before I accepted the position as QP for one of their offices. I didn't have a job at the time and thought it couldn't be as bad as they were making it. The circumstances in which I was hired under were very "sketchy" and I never felt that they wanted me here. My training was never completed even though I asked my branch manager about this issue on a regular basis. I was never set up with the tools/permissions I needed to effectively do my job, once again, I asked about these issues and tried to be as proactive as possible but to no avail! They had me open and maintain a new fellow's caseload and once I had opened his cases, they "pulled" me from his caseload then stated I didn't have enough work to justify my having 30 hours so they cut me down to less than half! To say a QP doesn't have enough work to fill 30 hrs a week is complete bull and a fantasy. Don't waste your talents, skills, education, or energy with this organization. There are no checks and balances to remove "bad apples" in fact the "bad apples" are rewarded and a deaf ear/ blind eye given to those that have legit issues with how they are being treated.
Pros
Flexibility of being in the field...you can find this at any other company though
Cons
Everything...they really do move in such a despicable way!
Good high school job
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Beckley, WVNovember 7, 2016
fast food very demanding, management rude
however the team members themselves were good to work with
the hardest part was dealing with owners
Patients is key
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 7, 2016
Must have patients and organization when working with clients. You are defiantly going to have the opportunity for over time. Transportation and insurance is an requirement.
Pretty good place to work
Customer Service Supervisor I (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCNovember 6, 2016
I enjoyed my supervisors. I liked the people I worked with. The client population can be challenging. Pay is low. Not enough employees for workload. The pay was fair.
Pros
I liked the supervisors and other employees
Cons
Clients with challenging problems
It takes a special person..
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INNovember 6, 2016
There is a huge difference between loving the nature of the work and enjoying your employer. And as an employee who has been part of a 5 year raise hold, most of my coworkers feel the same that pay=expectations.
Unethical and Unprofessional Environment
QIDP-Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXNovember 4, 2016
Working with the clients are the best part of this profession. Staff are unprofessional and could use better in-home training. Lack of professional is seen throughout the homes and within the office setting.
Pretty relaxed environment for the most part. Very rewarding work.
Direct Care Professional (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVNovember 4, 2016
I help I/DD adults, in an ICF-GH, with their activities of daily living. Every day is a new adventure. My direct managers, in the home, are pretty awesome. The management at the main office is pretty fair although they are sometimes hard to reach. My immediate co-workers are the best in the business. We set the bar and all other sites in this agency strive to be as good as we are. The hardest part of the job is probably the long hours coupled with occasional explosive behaviors. This job is very rewarding when you get to see your consumers/clients finally put into action something that you have taught them. My absolute favorite part of the job is the bond that I have created with my consumers. They look forward to seeing their staff every day because, for some of them, their staff are the only family they have.
Pros
Laid back atmosphere, meals, and flexibilty.
Cons
Lowest paid, long hours, expensive health coverage, violent behaviors.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ResCare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7