ResCare Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Hostile
Employment Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CASeptember 13, 2017
This employer offered very little room to advance. Management would walk around and monitor your every move. Management would stand at the door at 4:50p to guard the door from anyone clocking out prior to 5p and exiting the building before 5p. Constantly making unrealistic goals and expectations.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Management was hostile
Company specializing in service to others
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 13, 2017
The company is committed to taking care of those in our society who need a little extra assistance. They work diligently to satisfy the vision and mission on a daily basis
Utter disregard for your family life.
Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TXSeptember 13, 2017
I was recruited by a local manager to work as an Area Supervisor. During my interview with the Program Manager and Executive Director, I explained to them that I have 2 small children and I did not have the ability to work random hours. I was told in my interview that I would not have to worry about working random hours and that my schedule was pretty much set. Boy was I lied to. The turn over rate for this company is high because they pay the direct care personnel like dirty and they treat them like dirt also. This company cares more about profits than they do for the rights of the individuals that they serve,
Pros
Pay
Cons
High Turnover, no respect for employees.
ResCare
Regional Executive Director of Home Care Services (Former Employee) –  CIncinnati, OHSeptember 12, 2017
Company was very organized and had established policies and procedures. Driven to assist disabled and elderly people in the home
very flexible to work for. pay was fair
Pros
Good Work envirnoment
Cons
slow to hire new staff
interesting work environment
Perform housekeeping duties (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJSeptember 12, 2017
work was good on the daily basis helped me do a lot of growing and maturing and it gave me a new experience and way to think about life i never thought about before
company did not care about the clients they served
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 12, 2017
Not enough care was given to the clients and the staff who cared for the disabled, mentally challenged individuals who lived in the homes. There was not enough staff to care for the clients.
Pros
bonding with the clients
Cons
pay and lack of care for clients.
Can't keep nobody
Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  9594 PageSeptember 12, 2017
They can't keep no body bad pay and hours no paid vacation bad communication I been their for 17 + years and they change they name 4 time they was on olive then they more on page
Pros
Cons
Long
n/a
n/a (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WASeptember 11, 2017
Would not recommend this place as the people in charge could care less about the employees and are only concerned about covering shifts and making money.
Not a good place to have a career
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INSeptember 11, 2017
I have worked at this company for several years and things have got pretty bad in the past year. Several times I have been left for 24+ hours at a time and over 100 hours in a week. Several other employees have had this happen also
Pros
Get to help people
Cons
Company makes you feel as if you are alone
Do not go
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 10, 2017
Your better off working with any other company and don't send your love ones......,..................... Company say you get a raise but never do.....
ResCare
Employee (Former Employee) –  KentuckySeptember 10, 2017
This company recently experienced a change in leadership, which is promising. I have watched many great people leave during their time at ResCare due to questionable management and lack of growth opportunity.
never
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, OHSeptember 10, 2017
I do not recommend this job for anyone who has a family, or anyone who likes to have a personal life they do work you a lot of hours, the pay is decent depending on what area your in.
This company seems to forget why the employees are there.
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GASeptember 10, 2017
It seems instead of them wanting you there to really care for the well being of individuals, but instead make other employees suffer from the lack of oher workers if not reported. Unfair company.
Pros
Help indiviuals maintain noraml life
Cons
must snitch on your coworkers to not get suspended, even if you dont know anything
Wouldn't send my dog here
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXSeptember 10, 2017
It's being run out of a house. With no signs at all. The interviewer/owner is extremely rude. I would not want to work at a place where the people are so rude and snobby.
na
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, VASeptember 9, 2017
It was a good place of work if you enjoy caring for other people, and indefinitely. Very rewarding job in an emotional sense. Not terrible pay for the work you do.
I answered calls for scheduling clients and care givers. I learned that care givers quit, it was hard. I enjoyed talking to people and I worked alone.
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Valley Springs, CASeptember 8, 2017
It's is a very nice place to work
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 8, 2017
It's a very good place it really makes u feel good being able to help good people u make your own hours and u work with all types of people I have worked in this field for a long time but this place is the first place that made me feel like family they will work with you on how u get to work I ride the bus and one time I win a bus pass so I could get to work it really made me feel like they really cared about me getting to work
Pros
It's a really chill place to work
Cons
U really have to make your own breaks
Not long term
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Dimas, CASeptember 7, 2017
The company is a national company that doesnt take care of its employees. People have been working there over 20 years with no change in pay or benefits.
Productive work environment
Community Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 6, 2017
I think this company has been a good working environment and has been a pleasant experience. My past supervisor was very knowledgeable and allowed me to display my skills and qualifications for my current positions.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Ok place to work
HHA/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLSeptember 6, 2017
It can be fun, the staff is nice, just wish i could get more hours. They are open to different cultures. I worked overnight so it was hard to stay awake sometimes. It was a relaxing job though.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ResCare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6