ResCare

ResCare United States Employee Reviews

No room for advancement
Career Specialist (Current Employee), Round Rock, TXApril 8, 2015
Pros: Decent benefits
Cons: No advancement
I enjoy my workplace however there is no room for advancement. I want to be able to expand in my career field but here I am limited to my position or transferring to a different department.
Never work for this company
customer care coordinator (Former Employee), washingtonApril 2, 2015
Pros: great education to take to another company
Cons: poor pay
Rescare does not follow there philosophy of advancing any one or fairly compensating the office staff. There are branch managers in this company as well as other upper management who don't have to do there work because they are very good at not telling the truth and kissing some ones rear end to get ahead.
If you want to work for people who are threatened by your knowledge and experience or if you like to lie and not feel bad about it or just really good at being a fake butt kisser this job it for you
Management was a little difficult to deal with.
In Home Night Staff (Former Employee), San Angelo, TXApril 2, 2015
Pros: Was able to use company vehicle to transport patients.
Cons: No Lunch break.
The patients were a handful but once they became accustomed to you then it was okay. They did have their behaviors since many of them suffered from psychological disorders but it wasn't anything I couldn't handle. A typical night at work would consist of me cleaning the house and helping them wash their laundry and then in the morning making them breakfast, passing out their medications and taking them to the day facility.
A Typical Day In My Work Environment.
Direct Care Professional (Current Employee), Muncie, INMarch 31, 2015
Pros: The residents that I helped
Cons: No Cons about it
A typical day for me at work is coming into work knowing that I'm going to make sure that i work hard and get things done the right and safe way. I learned that in a work environment it is not a job for everyone to do! We need to make sure that we work as a team while on the job. Our management here at Rescare is very good they make sure that things are done and help provide a safe work environment for the employee's and home for the consumers. My co-workers at this job are always working as a team, getting things done right and safe. The hardest part of the job is probably when our consumers are having very serious behaviors against us and their selves. I'd have to say that the most enjoyable part of this job is when you can tell that your consumers are very thankfull for the care that we provide them and when they are always giving you hugs also telling you that they love you. As well as being able to come into work and seeing their smiles on their faces.
learned alot, clients were wonderful
LPN, Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 30, 2015
worked with handicapped children and adults with spinal injury. Helped RN's with setting up medications, assessments and wound care. Co-workers were helpful with learning new things and being team players. Hardest part of the job was the unreliable hours. The best part of the job were the clients and work I did with them.
Positive place to work
Direct Care Professional (Current Employee), Rocky Mount, NCMarch 26, 2015
This is a wonderful place to work. I have enjoyed working for this company. My days at work are mostly positive, with the exception of occasional behavior problems.
Love this place
Direct Support Caregiver (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INMarch 26, 2015
ResCare is a wonderful place to work. I wish there was more centers like this and ran this smooth and I wish nursing homes ran like this.
Loved helping individuals but no work/life balance
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee), Centerville, INMarch 26, 2015
The longer you work for ResCare, the more political it became. They hired a staff member for supervisor who did not know how to do every aspect of the job and was more of a manipulator than the residents
Very Unprofessional
Direct support Professional (Former Employee), Macon, GAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: none
Management is very unprofessional and inconsiderate of their staff members.i would never work for Macon ga ResCare. I wouldnt let a family member or friend send someone here.
Central Florida ResCare - Avoid
Direct Care (Former Employee), Salem HomesMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Outstanding Program Managers and clients
Cons: Low pay, long hours, mandatory overtime, unapproachable Sr. Mgt.
I understand, from ResCare employees in other areas, that it is an outstanding company. In other locations, people love this company. I presently work with ResCare employees from another location and they have nothing but good to say! Salem Homes of Florida, managed by ResCare, is not a good place to work. Subjective Senior Management. Employees are required to work "mandatory overtime" because the company can not keep reliable employees. If you have a choice, work somewhere else. Poor benefits. Awful PTO. Low pay and no performance raises. Poor training. Little to no chance for advancement. No career path. Program Manager's have poor to little support.
I had a excellent experience with working for ResCare Loved it
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee), Baxley GaMarch 23, 2015
Pros: meeting new people and caring for them and when i leave the smile on their face
Cons: traveling but it wasnt a problem
everyday was different i nverknew what each day was gone bring, I loved meeting new people and care for them, i learned to work with various emotions attitudes as well as cultures. I was a Joy.
Productive and a great place to work
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee), Macon, GAMarch 20, 2015
I love this company simply because I can work and still have time to be with my family. Workdays are okay, never a hard one. I've learned about a lot about different health conditions that one may have and how they handle life on a daily basis. Management are always friendly. I don't see co-workers often, but when I do they are nice to me. The hardest part of my job is hoping that your new client really likes you and won't be mean to you. The most enjoyable part is going home at the end of the work day and feel good that you helped someone out that day. Not everyone is fortunate enough to receive help and to be able to get help is a blessing.
Fun work environment with great clients and co-workers
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee), Dunbar, WVMarch 17, 2015
Typically worked eight hour shifts with some sixteen hour shifts. Worked with great staff members. Management was not great. Being mandated to work overnight is the toughest part of the job.
Terrible just terrible
Volunteer Campus Support Worker (Former Employee), Edison, NJMarch 16, 2015
This is the worst place to work. Live on campus cleaning after a bunch of grown people and not getting paid. The place is not managed properly and the food is terrible. It is a waste of time but it does help some learn how to be an adult
healthcare
CIA (Current Employee), Holly, MIMarch 13, 2015
Help with gaining experience in the health field. It is a okay starter job to work at. They have flexible schedules. The co workers were pretty nice and outgoing.
The reason for the work we do is very, very important!!!
Human Resources Specialist/Coordinator (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 13, 2015
Pros: most of the employees are great!!
Cons: the fact you can never get a raise.
No increases ever. Part time employees get no vacation, no sick time and no holiday pay. Management is hard to work with sometimes. They never want to hear any suggestions or ideas. Lots of stress and anger among employees and management. I have never worked in a place where there is so much tension.
Awesome Individuals, co workers and management team.
I assist (Current Employee), Hillsboro, OHMarch 13, 2015
Pros: coworkers
Cons: not flexible anymore, getting less hours
Assiting 12 individuals with their daily routines, helping them be as independent as possible. we do cleaning, cooking, helping with showers and hygiene. going shopping on appointments. etc..
Fun to work with residents
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INMarch 12, 2015
I worked with mentally disabled adults. The only enjoyable part of this job was working with the residents. The pay was bad, management was bad, and there was a lot of drama between coworkers. In 3 1/2 yrs of employment we never received a pay increase and the company does not work with their employees with emergencies. Also, they tend to fire good employees and the employees that need to be fired usually stay. There is a high turnover at this company. They do not do drug screens to get hired but the employees pass controlled medication. Many problems with this company.
A nice working environment with great co-workers.
Direct Care (Current Employee), Hillsboro, OHMarch 11, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
As a direct care employee I provide assistive living to clients in the nursing home. My duties include: preparing meals, transportation, passing medicine, and bathing. I enjoy getting to know the residents and caring for them.
A clean and nice work place
Crew Member (Former Employee), Laplace, LAMarch 7, 2015
Pros: watch television and eat food
Cons: no breaks
A typical day at work would be me picking the elderly woman up from school, cooking, bathing them,combing their hair, and putting them in their beds.I have learn how to tend to each individual person speacial needs. I have manage to keep a clean house while watching all of the elderly woman. I got along good with my co-workers because they taught me everything I knew about the job. The hardest part of the job was bathing the elderly woman because sometimes I would have to put them in the tub, wash certain area they couldn't reach and make sure they didnt fall in the tub by myself. The most enjoyable part of the job was cooking because i was learning how to cook different things.

About ResCare

Through its residential, training, and support services, ResCare offers RESpect and CARE to people with physical and mental disabilities. – Read more

ResCare Salaries