ResCare Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
The most enjoyable part of the job
Rehab Educator (Current Employee) –  Seguin, TXSeptember 4, 2017
This job can be both stressful but fun at the same time. The best part of the job is getting to work take your clients out on outings (field trips or restaurants.) The pros definitely out weighs the cons if everyone works as a team.
Pros
Free food, flexible schedule, paid time off.
Cons
Low salary, cut down on OT.
Overall
Academic/TABE/Disablity Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 3, 2017
I believed in the company's creed, how ever it was difficult to communicate to the community with the lack of devotion and compassion many staff lacked.
Pros
given comp days
Cons
not enough break times to eat
Very bad about keeping in touch with there employees
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Gallipolis, OHSeptember 3, 2017
Good pay but always felt a lack of communication with employees. At times have to work sixteen hour shifts and hardly ever have free time to see family.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad management
Stressful and Poorly Managed Orginization
Staffing Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 2, 2017
Very high turnover rate, poor management, questionable business practices. Caregivers were in general unreliable, leaving clients never knowing who would be entering their home.
ok plaace to work
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Sylvania, OHSeptember 1, 2017
lack of communication, unprofessional at times. 12 hour shifts were ok and we got to take clients on plenty of outings. I enjoyed that part. I don't like thr part time hours
poor company
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 31, 2017
typical day was overwhelming I learned nothing the management was poor culture was bad hardest part seeing the residents not beings cared for the most enjoyable was the clients
stressful
Direct care staff (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXAugust 31, 2017
this job is very stressful . sometimes they dont put money on the company card so that you can buy groceries for the house . if something breaks they take a long time to get it fixed . they dont like to pay you on time with your checks . they like to throw alot of thing under the rug. management is never around when you need them . they make you do alot oh heavy lifting without the proper equipment
Terrible,terrible company
Project Accountant (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORAugust 31, 2017
Poor management, poor benefits, high turnover.
No training, nice coworkers, terrible company that does not care about employees.
Untrained management, contractual funding.
Pros
No overtime for hourly
Cons
Poor communication and management
Lots of responsibility and low pay!
Tracker (Former Employee) –  UtahAugust 30, 2017
You can make a difference but can't afford to live! Lots of book training to start but no real hands on or real life training! Having to pay for things out of pocket!
Pros
Make a diffrence!
Cons
Low pay!
Enjoyed helping clients of TANF and SNAP programs
Outreach Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TX 75051August 30, 2017
Alright company to work for, co-workers, not so much. I did enjoy working with clients by mail and phone. Worked for ResCare through Texas Workforce Commission, it is obvious by the way employees are treated which company you work for.
Pros
Close to home.
Cons
Healthcare Insurance
Great Place to work
HTS/MAT (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 30, 2017
Wonderful support from other team players , great place to work, lots of honest people, management always there at the drop of a dime to help and never acts like they are to good to help
Bad company
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 30, 2017
The managers would not have your back, if you have problems with a client. One employee was pregnant and allergic to cigarettes , her client was blowing his cigarette smoke in her face all the time. The employee asked to be removed as his caregiver, they refused to do it
yougptta love the job
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 29, 2017
I like working with the individual but as a company they need better management skills, need to appreciate their employees more, raise hourly rates for the job we do.
Sorry it didn't last.
Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 29, 2017
I enjoyed my time with ResCare, though it was a short time. Last I heard they have closed the Norfolk Office. I enjoyed the residents who I provided home-care to. Sometimes it was hard to find assignments for me, then also because I was employed at another facility made it hard to commit on some days.
Pros
Accepting assignments when I was able to.
Cons
The locations tended to be too far out for the hours I was there
Bad Place to work
Residential Manager (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 29, 2017
Poor management, they have favorites...if you complain it is suppose to be they say no retaliation from whomever you make the complaint one, but it isn't true. They tell them and then it becomes a hostile work environment.
Great clients with poor management
HTS, PTS, MAT, DCS (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 29, 2017
I really enjoyed working with the clients that this company assists however they do not pay enough, didn't like that we had to transport clients in our personal vehicles. Once worked 3 weeks without a day off.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Everything else
Excellent experience with patients
Home Health Care Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chilton, WIAugust 29, 2017
Although there were not enough hours to fill a full-time position, management was supportive and tried their best to fill your schedule. The patients provided excellent nursing experience as they had mutliple comorbidities. Staff worked well as a team to ensure patient coverage and patient-centered care.
Pros
Flexible Scheduling
Cons
Not enough hours available
Low Key place to work
Home Care RN - Private Duty (Current Employee) –  Spring House, PAAugust 29, 2017
I did not leave Res care, they were sold out by Epi Home care Services last year 4/2016. Since then I have been working for Epic.
I had good relationship with The nursing supervisors. She made monthly super visor visits regularly. I felt if I had a problem or issue that it would be addressed.
Pros
40 hrs vacation time yearly
Cons
$200 quartly bonus for no call outs was removed when they bought out RP home care.
Current management has no positive rapport with staff
LEAD DIRECT CARE STAFF (Current Employee) –  Idalou, TXAugust 29, 2017
In recent years there has been a constant turnover of upper management. Each being worse than the one before. Incoming management either does not have the proper training for said position or tries to bring in buddy system that cannot give the proper support to employees.
Pros
Working with the consumers
Cons
Dealing with uninformed and untrained management
Very little stress
Private duty nurse for a quadriplegic (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXAugust 29, 2017
The management didn't get my pay on time almost always being two weeks or more late. I often worried that I wouldn't get paid and went to the Texas work force a couple of times but never had to actually submit a claim. The work environment was infested with roaches and mice. The mice actually chewed up my patient's medical supplies and I had to throw them away. When I complained to my supervisor, I was told that because of the location there would always be a roach and mice problem. I could not handle that kind of health risk to a patient in my care or to myself.
Pros
Intresting duties and challanges, great benefits
Cons
Poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ResCare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6