ResCare Employee Reviews

Found 2,182 reviews matching the search
It takes a special person..
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INNovember 6, 2016
There is a huge difference between loving the nature of the work and enjoying your employer. And as an employee who has been part of a 5 year raise hold, most of my coworkers feel the same that pay=expectations.
Unethical and Unprofessional Environment
QIDP-Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXNovember 4, 2016
Working with the clients are the best part of this profession. Staff are unprofessional and could use better in-home training. Lack of professional is seen throughout the homes and within the office setting.
Pretty relaxed environment for the most part. Very rewarding work.
Direct Care Professional (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVNovember 4, 2016
I help I/DD adults, in an ICF-GH, with their activities of daily living. Every day is a new adventure. My direct managers, in the home, are pretty awesome. The management at the main office is pretty fair although they are sometimes hard to reach. My immediate co-workers are the best in the business. We set the bar and all other sites in this agency strive to be as good as we are. The hardest part of the job is probably the long hours coupled with occasional explosive behaviors. This job is very rewarding when you get to see your consumers/clients finally put into action something that you have taught them. My absolute favorite part of the job is the bond that I have created with my consumers. They look forward to seeing their staff every day because, for some of them, their staff are the only family they have.
Pros
Laid back atmosphere, meals, and flexibilty.
Cons
Lowest paid, long hours, expensive health coverage, violent behaviors.
Blah
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Hazard, KYNovember 3, 2016
A typical day in my last position I fulfilled management tasks of opening and closing the facility, as well as overseeing a staff of seven individuals. Throughout the day I completed various administrative duties as well, including answering phones, drafting documents and emails, filing and greeting customers. I also provided strong customer service and resolved customer issues.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fife, WANovember 3, 2016
Great hours, able to work with my schedule, a lot of work opportunities, very compassionate and understanding employers.
Care giver
Personal patient care (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 2, 2016
Management is almost non existent.. to make a decent living you have to work at least 60+ hours a week you do spend 90% of the time unsupervised so a lot of decision making is left to you
Pros
caring for others
Cons
no breaks low pay poor management
good working with them
Residential/House Manager/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXNovember 2, 2016
Working with all this people is real good and i understand them very well, i love working with my co workers and is not the hardest job so far i have work
Pros
free lunch
Cons
breaks
Great Company
Talent Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCNovember 1, 2016
Great Company but salary needs to be more. There is a lot of hard work put into your job but not seeing fair compensation. The overall Program Director is really for the team.
Poor Culture
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  West VirginiaOctober 31, 2016
Company expects you to give your life to them by being on call without pay and available at all times. Found way around DOL new salary law by cutting peoples pay, great example of doing the right thing. The morale is always down so the turnover is high, company lacks vision and is only interested in this quarters profits and it shows in the quality. The company rolls out new systems all the time only to scrap them a year later because they don't work and we're not well thought out! NO RAISES EVER AND NOW THE PAY CUT with below average benefits, veteran people are leaving out of pure frustration and others are soon to follow but hey that's good for the company we won't have to fill those positions and can pile that work on someone else.
Flexible manager r great
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOOctober 30, 2016
The work good with ppl schedules. Stay up on all the training we need for state. Will give u all the hours u want to get. Great clients to work with.
Pros
Fun working with the clients
Cons
Sometimes pull u from one client to go to another
working at Rescare
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lapeer, MIOctober 30, 2016
Checking to make sure everyone is happy and needs are met. Then, Checking my Email. Completing my weekly billing. Some of my co-workers were fun to work with.
great work place
Supervisor Melissa Chick (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 28, 2016
great place to work. However they were going thru many changes and never notified staff. Lack Of communication no good would rather hear from my supervisor not employees
Nice place to work
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nutter Fort, WVOctober 28, 2016
A typical day at work included more and more getting piled on top of you to do and not enough time to do it. Had so much stuff to do it was impossible to get it done on a 40 hr workweek
productive and helping
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAOctober 26, 2016
It felt wonderful being able to help people and take care of them! I loved the other workers. It is a pretty independent job which I liked and which is nice if you don't really do so well with others which I do it was just nice to be able to do my thing and make people happy and feel good able themselves.
Pros
long lunch breaks
Cons
no cons
Do not work for this company!!!
Mentor (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCOctober 26, 2016
I worked for ResCare for 2 years. I have recently quit. They REFUSE to give me my first 2 weeks pay check they have witheld. I constantly got attack by my client. My client had 'no history' of violence witch was a lie. The parent didnt want me to report it. If I did, I would lose my job with her, if I didn't I felt like I would lose my life. My supervisor has no idea what she is doing, she doesn't work with you, she just yells. I tell you one thing if I don't get my 2 weeks pay, ya'll WILL have a law suit on your hands!!!!
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Cons
Poor management, work places are not SAFE
Caregiver
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perry, GAOctober 25, 2016
My typical day at work is making my clients happy I Learn to always pay attention to my clients and listening to them and my manger is always up front with me. my coworkers with work with one another the hardest part of my job is when I get attach to my client and they pass the most enjoyable part of my job is seeing a smile on client face.my co-workers make sure that I get all the information I need about my client and I learn always pay attention to your client and my management always make sure I have everything I need for my job.
Pros
Benfits
Cons
Get to take the long breaks
Horrible place to work that treat their employees as bas as they treat the individuals.
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  KentuckyOctober 24, 2016
This is the most unorganized place I have ever worked at! The ED is all her herself, not wanting to help others, always saying we are a team but yet she never does anything to help out "the team". The ED micromanages everything and everyone and wonders why nothing gets done, and State is in the office everyday. I am surprised the place is still open. I would not advise anyone who is looking for a career for work for Rescare.
The job was not for me.
Maid (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 24, 2016
I have nothing bad to say, about the job. I just was not cut out to work with the developmentally challenged. I learned what I was good at and what I was not. Office work is better for me.
Pros
It was a job.
Cons
It was not a good fit for me.
Loved my patients
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNOctober 23, 2016
Very flexible hours; great for either primary or secondary job. Met lots of families (my patient's families where wonderful) and got to know them as I took care of their loved one.
Hardest part was when one passed away.
Pros
Flexible hours, getting to know lots of different people
Cons
Usually a lot of driving.
looking forward to working beside hardworking people who take pride in knowing that we help change lives.
DSS (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FL 34471October 23, 2016
after clocking in the day started with a quick check on all clients to make sure all was well, then moved on to bathing, clothing,feeding, daily activity,cleaning,therapy if needed,changing clients when needed,driving clients to and from.
Pros
overtime
Cons
$8.00 maximum, no raise