ResCare

ResCare Employer Reviews

helping the client get through their made me feel good as a worker
QSA (Former Employee), Elkins, WVMay 12, 2014
made sure the clients get to their doctors on time and shopping done right and quick like.
nice company to work for
Direct Support Worker (Former Employee), Schriever, LAMay 11, 2014
i enjoyed the clients and workers you will learn a lot. everyone gets along
CNA
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 2, 2014
I am a CNA working as a Home Health Aide I go to my patients home and cook their meals, help them get dress and undress, with baths, with ambulating, light housekeeping, take my patient to dr. appointment and running daily errands.
Challenging
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 1, 2014
I had to be very dedicated to assist my clients with daily living tasks to help them become more ambulatory.
Not the best place to work for.
SA (Former Employee), Jeffersonville, INApril 29, 2014
Pros: clients
Cons: wages, benefits, over worked, unappreciated
The management is really unorganized. There is no help or support.
In order to be considered for an advancement, its on a "Who you know" basis.
Very very very unorganized. There is no appreciation for the workers that actually want to work. Instead, they will just work you till you can't work anymore. And fire you for sleeping on the job when you've – more... worked 20+ hours in a roll. If it wasn't for the clients, it would be the worse place to work.
Over worked, under paid. Benefits are horrible. And absolutely no raises what so ever. NONE.
But if you're just looking for something that will work for now, it might be okay for you.
They treat their employees like they are all replaceable. They aren't competitive when it comes to wage either.
So far one of the worse places I've worked.
They train you for a week, and pretty much throw you into the homes and say: "Good luck" and that's about it. – less
THE HARDEST PART ABOUT THE JOB
Asst Services Direct Associate (Former Employee), Tilton, ILApril 27, 2014
Pros: working with wonderful people
Cons: the pay
THE HARDEST PART ABOUT THE JOB IS GOING HOME LEAVING THE COMSUMERS TIL THE NEXT DAY BECAUSE THEY GROW ON YOU AND YOU GROW TO LOVE THEM THEY ARE FUN TO BE AROUND AND THEY ALSO TEACH U SOME MUCH ABOUT LIFE AND HOW TO ENJOY THE LITTLE THINGS
very poorly structured and not employee friendly
talent development consultant (Former Employee), NCApril 24, 2014
Working for this company was more stressful than it needed to be. There was little to no instruction. Their employees are not considered to be assets. One word to describe this company "nightmare"
attentive and caring workplace
Habilitation Training Specialist (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKApril 24, 2014
Pros: rewarding work.
Cons: less pay, benefits
My typical day at work is arriving on time getting things prepared for the day checking on my clients before administering medication, after meds preparing morning meals and showers getting my clients ready for the daily routine at the end of my work day I have completed all of my work task with the best of my ability, so that when shift change there – more... is no confusion between co-workers or management. I have worked with co workers who fail to do there job and there are many who did a great job. There can be missed communication failure to document and you trying too provide care for the clients and now you have to make phone calls to management as to what to do because of not communicating thru documentation. the most enjoyable part of this job is when my clients needs are meet and they are happy. – less
Productive, detail oriented, peaceful workplace with adults who are rewardingly different
Direct Support Specialist (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 24, 2014
Pros: working with them makes us feel like a family at home.
Cons: the pay and benefits could be a bit better
On a typical day my coworkers and I pick up the consumers from the workshop they attend. We take them to their comfortable home where they have an afternoon snack and take their pm meds. Some attainable goals are ran and they are ready for a community outing. Sometimes to the park, movies, Walmart, or even out to a nice restaurant for dinner. I learned – more... how to be patient with the various personalities and behaviors. Each coworker manages two consumers on a daily basis assisting them also with household skills such as cooking, laundry, showering. They love to be given undivided attention and they recognize when a person is genuine. My coworkers and I are genuine so our day runs very smooth because we love the people we work with and for.
The hardest part of the job is when one of our consumers is having a behavior and is hurting him or herself and we are attempting to redirect and its not working very well.
Other than that everything else is pretty enjoyable. It is a very rewarding feeling when I am able to help those who need help have a great and wonderful day. – less
Committed to the community and Employee development
Employer Services Consultant (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 22, 2014
Pros: vacation time
Cons: can't access for first 6 months
Rescare, has many resources for employees for continuing education and growth for no fee.
very problematic workplace environment,not very organized
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 22, 2014
Pros: working with the developmentally challenged and the handicapped
Cons: very unorganized
very problematic workplace environment,not very organized
Interesting and productive
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAApril 21, 2014
Working here was very productive they will keep you busy and time will fly. It was also interesting things you will see and be a part of.
A OK PLACE TO WORK .
Home Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 20, 2014
Pros: off on week-ends
Cons: unmatched 401k
ASSIST WITH MEDS,ADLS ,COOKING ,FEEDING, CLEANING,TRANSFERRING AND TRANSPORTING,DRS APPT.MANAGEMENT IS OK ,CO-WORKERS ARE SUPPORTIVE AND HELPFUL, GETTING STAFF TO FILL OPEN POSITIONSIS HARD, OUTINGS WITH CLIENTS ARE ENJOYABLE,
Not enough hours
PCA (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAApril 20, 2014
Fair pay, not enough hours to survive on. Some of the clients were hard to please no matter what you did.
Terrible office staff
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee), Elkins, West VirginiaApril 17, 2014
The home supervisor and the upper management that worked in the office would not take the employees concerns seriously. They would just dismiss them all and not try to do very much investigating about anything.
QSA
Quality Support Associate (Former Employee), Buckhannon, WVApril 17, 2014
Pros: help the patients
Cons: tiring hours, short-pay for what the job intitled
I got to help give care to MR patients that couldn't do much things on their own. Which was very satisfying knowing I was helping them and making their day just a little bit better. I truly loved working here, but left for a better opportunity. The only bad thing was that at times if someone didnt show for their shift you would have to be there for – more... 16 hours +. – less
Excellent learning experience
Direct Care Professional (Current Employee), Angola, INApril 17, 2014
Pros: lots of overtime
Cons: no raises, not a lot of room for growth
Good company to learn from. Always overtime to be picked up which is nice. Excellent place to start if you want some experience in health care.
An OK Job
DCP (Current Employee), Huntington, WVApril 17, 2014
My typical day consist of taking care of patients with M.R with their everyday living. The people are great to work with and my co-workers are friendly and are there to help if you need to.
FUN AND GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee), New Berlin, WIApril 16, 2014
Being an employee for Rescare is fun enjoyable and very attentive. I enjoy working with new clients. I enjoy the time I put in in order to provide them with the best companionship. I also enjoy the stories that some clients love to tell.
Great Intership
Office Clerk (Current Employee), Oceanside,CaApril 15, 2014
I am currently working here to help educate myself on new skills in the office work area.

About ResCare

Through its residential, training, and support services, ResCare offers RESpect and CARE to people with physical and mental disabilities. – Read more