ResCare Employee Reviews

Found 2,435 reviews matching the search
Unprofessional management/lack of training
Client Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 18, 2016
I worked in a management position. This company has a severe lack of training for all levels of all departments. Don't expect to ever receive confirmation of a job well done or even a basic cost of living raise. This company expects you to work 24/7 and it still will not be enough. If you have any other option, TAKE IT.
Pros
Some sort of income
Cons
Lack of communication and respect
Overworked, understaffed, under paid
Worker (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 23, 2017
Working for this company should basically be a stepping stone for recent high school graduates. Upper management is rude and disrespectful. The paid grade $7.25 vs the work load and long hours isn't worth it. Some of the clients who have behavioral issues will/can lash out at you and your NOT supposed to defend yourself. Your dealing with bio hazardous bodily fluids daily. In order to pay for insurance you'd have to work overtime. They keep and employ staff members who do absolutely nothing pertaining to their job because of who they or their family members know. This company doesn't care about the clients. They are just pay checks to them!
Pros
It's a guaranteed job
Cons
I've listed a couple above
Good working with clients/customers
Employment Advisor (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaFebruary 20, 2017
Co workers are nice. Low pay, poor benefits. Work assigned is not always manageable. The job can be rewarding assisting clients with their goals
Unprofessional
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Bradley, ILAugust 12, 2016
The hours needed to work are ridiculous, they have no passion for their employees. You will be required to go above and beyond for the company and receive no recognition for doing so. No compensation for wages lost when they close a house for unknown reasons. Management is rude, unorganized, and unprofessional. I wouldn't recommend any one work for this company. This is by far the WORST place to work and in my opinion, needs to closed down.
Pros
NOTHING
Cons
EVERYTHING
Good job to start your career, use only as a stepping stone to better career options
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJune 10, 2016
Hired on as a case manager in 2015. Everything started off well until I continuously got more and more case loads to the point where I was extremely overwhelmed. Management seemed unsympathetic to the concerns raised by fellow case managers as to the limited amount of time we could give to our customers since our case load volume was so high. Since I was hired on as temp-to-perm I was continuously told I would eventually be hired on full time. However there were unforeseen budget cuts and I was let go without much notice. Altogether it's a good job for Individuals who are just starting their career in the social service field. However, this is not a company you want to be with for more than 2-3 years. Good stepping stone job. Nothing more.
Pros
Excellent coworkers, steady 8-5 hours, helping individuals find employment particularly rewarding
Cons
Poor management, no raises, no job advancement or job security
Ready for another job
Job Coach (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 30, 2016
I love working here for the sake of my clients i just wish the pay and benefits were better they dont offer pay raises and the benefits are really expensive
Attention
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCFebruary 6, 2017
Could be trying at times dealing with certain clients, but overall not bad. However the pay is atrocious. People can't live off of $8 an hour.
Pros
Meeting clients
Cons
Compensation
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 8, 2017
Good place to work, friendly atmosphere, and great people. Just a little far to travel. Compensation for travel is a plus and some reimbursement for expenses.
Horrible company
Youth Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Chickasha, OKJune 2, 2016
This company is one of THE worst social service providers I've worked with. Management provides no training, refuses to communicate, plays favorites, are back stabbing, and shouldn't be trusted. If you're a parent and don't have anyone to help you put if your children become sick, don't think this company cares or will work with you. All they care about is the bottom line. Management gives mixed messages, and leaves you constantly guessing, then you're reprimanded for their lack of communication and guidance. This job was honestly a complete waste of my time. I want to help people, but all this company cares about is meeting their numbers. HR is extremely unprofessional and sent threatening emails to all group members. We were made to clock out for lunch, even when we were made to take "working lunches." This company is a joke!
Pros
it was a job
Cons
too many to list. Low pay for the amount of qork you do. no advancement, no raises, and not good benefits.
They put the clients and the employees first
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Winchester, KYJuly 1, 2016
I've worked here for a few years and I can honestly say that CAKY Winchester puts the individuals first and fight hard for the employees to get raises and they fight to get show appreciation. We get shirts, hoodies, thank you cards. The office people don't just work over us or from behind their desk, they get into the trenches with us and work beside us and aren't too good to help. Most of the people in the office were DSP's, if not all. I can't imagine working anywhere else.
Pros
The people, the team-work, making a difference
Cons
pay isn't that great, $8.25 for most starting positions

Want to know more about ResCare?

Ask a question
Needs improvments Overall
Direct Service Provider (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNNovember 10, 2016
Benefits not very good.
Compensation could have been a lot better.
Management seemed confused at times.
Co-workers were great to work with.
Work load exceeded pay rate.
Low quality upper management, poor pay, undercut pay
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNJuly 13, 2016
This company doesn't care about their employees. They undercut your pay. They don't care about your personal life or any difficulties your are having, i.e. tragedies in your family, etc. If you are having difficulties learning the job they do not care and will get rid of you on a whim if it benefits them. They are out for themselves! If you complain to the district manager it accomplishes nothing.
Pros
Co workers and clients were mostly great
Cons
pay and benefits were low and upper management was aweful!
People friendly
Day Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Lufkin, TXDecember 21, 2016
Good benefits
Friendly people
love making people happy
shift hours are reasonable
gain more experience each day
would recommend them
Will take all you have
Direct Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Seymour, INAugust 6, 2016
I have worked for company for over 6 years, I would have loved to have been able to walk away along time ago but I love my clients. I normally work 16 hour shifts 6 days a week and the one day i work an 8 im treated badly.ResCare offers no raises and the only way you can move up is if your family is already in the office.
Pros
If you want to work a million hours you can make good money
Cons
Rescare
Management plays favorites
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Taylorsville, NCJanuary 3, 2017
Management plays favorites and will let certain people get away with anything even things that aren't allowed and if those of us that aren't a favorite go over her head and tell her manager then they take it out on us and punish us. Like she would give you the 2 hardest clients to take care of for a week. My manager would let people bring food and would eat herself but would not let me and a few others simply cause she didn't like us. Its one of those cases where the hardest working people get stepped on and the lazy good for nothings get rewarded. She finally got tired of me questioning why others were allowed to do things I wasn't and fired me. If your put in a manger position you should treat everyone the same. Goes to show you, you can't always trust your manager
Pros
Good hours, loved the clients, some co workers are great
Cons
Management plays favorites, pay needs to be better for the work you do, they will fire you in a heartbeat if you disagree with them
Great job
Adimin assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 10, 2016
Customer service is amazing this job really great benefits and made me happy. I would go back to work there any day. Ovrrally this job was one of a kind I have a lot of great memories
A nice environment; a good group of people.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaOctober 16, 2016
Overall, the pay was low, and the benefits not so great... ResCare is now owned by Epic Home Health, which could be an improvement...
Pros
ResCare basically defunct; bought up by Epic Health Care.
Cons
Poor compensation; horrible benefits.
Great Company
Talent Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCNovember 1, 2016
Great Company but salary needs to be more. There is a lot of hard work put into your job but not seeing fair compensation. The overall Program Director is really for the team.
Save yourself the trouble
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVJune 29, 2016
No raises. I worked there for a year before i had enough PTO to take one day off. They will work you to death and when you start bucking them they will drag you into some bs abuse/neglect case just to get rid of you. The state should shut it down!!!! Crystal Akers talks to staff like they are trash. Executive Director sits in office and eats, does nothing else.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
They try to ruin your personal life
Pretty relaxed environment for the most part. Very rewarding work.
Direct Care Professional (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVNovember 4, 2016
I help I/DD adults, in an ICF-GH, with their activities of daily living. Every day is a new adventure. My direct managers, in the home, are pretty awesome. The management at the main office is pretty fair although they are sometimes hard to reach. My immediate co-workers are the best in the business. We set the bar and all other sites in this agency strive to be as good as we are. The hardest part of the job is probably the long hours coupled with occasional explosive behaviors. This job is very rewarding when you get to see your consumers/clients finally put into action something that you have taught them. My absolute favorite part of the job is the bond that I have created with my consumers. They look forward to seeing their staff every day because, for some of them, their staff are the only family they have.
Pros
Laid back atmosphere, meals, and flexibilty.
Cons
Lowest paid, long hours, expensive health coverage, violent behaviors.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ResCare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7