ResCare Employee Reviews

Productive and fast paced
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 18, 2017
Hard work decent place to work fast pace and hard to please some customers. This is a place that if you like working with people then ResCare is the place for you.
Pros
Flexable
insider of rescare
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GADecember 18, 2017
a typical day would be getting my patient up,getting them ready for the day,take them to meals such as breakfast,lunch and dinner.i would do two hour checks on my patients,depending on what hall you get depends on the number of patients,usually up to10-15 people.i've learned to be patient and caring. the management was good we had a few bumps while working my three years but who don't .the hardest part would be seeing the ending for someone who cared for.the enjoyable is knowing your an angel in those people eyes,caring for them in any kind of way and seeing a smile on their face that shows happiness,trust,loyalty.
Unfair working conditions
Medical Clerk (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 17, 2017
A workplace shouldn't be degrading of employees, yet asking you to work overtime. Not compensating you correctly to time worked. Not harassing your supervisor to the point of depression and crying spells.
This is not healthy for anyone to see or hear, less alone work.
Pros
You can work massive hours as Direct Care Staff
Cons
Will you be compensated correctly with no issues?
Depends on houses
HTS/MAT (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKDecember 16, 2017
Depending on which house you end up it can be good to horrible. As for company itself, that's no available PC over 80% of time. whenever there is an error on your check it takes months to get it corrected. There are zero raise and pay is low (was there for 6 years).
Pros
Depending on houses it can be laid back
Cons
No raise, can be stressful and physically demanding. Low pay
Experience
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKDecember 15, 2017
It gave me more experience than I expected. I enjoyed my job. I had set hours that my client and I agreed on and I wouldn't mind doing it again because it was very rewarding.
Temporary
Certified Nursing Assistant / Home Healthcare Aid (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WADecember 15, 2017
The management is terrible, almost impossible to contact anyone even with a real emergency after their 4:30 closing time. Communication is terrible. I don't recommend for anyone with children.
Helping Others Help Themselves
Residential Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 15, 2017
A typical day at work, would be unpredictable on a daily basis. I enjoyed doing my job duties to provide a safe, clean, home for the 8 consumers that lived in the home. Being a Manager to about 8 staff was challenging but rewarding. Being a positive role model and learning on a daily basis. The hardest part was the turn overs, which makes the job duties complicated at times. I had to put in a lot of hours while being paid on salary as a manager was very hard.
Pros
Helping others, teaching, and learning
Cons
Underpaid, overworked, not appreciated
Love my residents the workers are very unprofessional
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 14, 2017
The residents are great but when it comes to the company it self is very unprofessional the workers and show a lot of favoritism and they are not great team players.
I’d choose any healthcare agency over this one.
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHDecember 14, 2017
You will not get close to the hours you are promised. You will be called daily asked to take on new clients. It’s impossible to get help and advice from management.
Cons
If you love people work at Rescare
Lead Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXDecember 13, 2017
It can be a little unorganized, but the people we support are amazing. The pay is low, but you are guaranteed overtime. Management is great, kind people. You will feel like you live at the residence, which isn't a bad thing at all, the people you support become family.
Pros
Lots of hours, Overtime
Cons
Stressful, lack of staff.
Very rewarding with the clients .
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVDecember 13, 2017
Clients are amazing . Management is awful . They work you like a dog and the first time you stand up for yourself they shoot you down . They are mean.
Pros
Making a difference in lives
Cons
Not able to advance . You’re used to the bone . You and your family don’t matter
Poor management
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYDecember 12, 2017
Poor management... The employees were cool... Have to keep up with your hours and pay... I love the clients that participate in rescare program... They certify you for everything.
Job is a joke move on
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Newton, KSDecember 12, 2017
This place is a joke alot of red flags they dont respect the new employees as well as the people served they dont keep up on the books i feel the state needs to do a check without notice cause alot of neglect goes on and they maintenance man like to go around spreding rumores that are not true and talk bad on people to other staff
Productive, fun environment
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Forest City, NCDecember 12, 2017
I loved working at ResCare the people were great. I couldn't do the hours they were under staffed at the time. I would recommend this job to anyone that has the free time to spare the consumer were great to be around.
Stressful and need a better training program.
Accounts Receivable Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 12, 2017
Stressful. You need to have time management skills and critical thinking. People were very nice. Need a better training program. It really was not a good fit for me.
Pros
People were friendly
Cons
Need better training program.
violent and hostile work environment
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Marion, INDecember 11, 2017
The care given to the residents by management is very poor and the consistency of care is very poor and the supervisors were idiots. Alot of nepotism and butt kissing.
no job growth or pay increases
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Salem, VADecember 11, 2017
Nice place to work if you want to be stuck in a dead-end job. They do not give raises and there really isn't job growth for some positions. Management was ok for the most part but no one really takes responsibility for when things mess up.
They pay a low hourly rate
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCDecember 10, 2017
Low wages ,no health care or vacation time , only pay 15 miles per week in mileage, want you to work 7 days a week and don’t seem to care about the employees
Pros
The clients
Cons
Bad pay rate, no health care
Do not work here
Certified Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 10, 2017
this company is brutal to work for they accuse of stealing without any proof refuse to promote you even though you have the qualifications and management will work you to death for minimum wage
workplace drama
Brain injury (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXDecember 10, 2017
The people who work here are either students or are waiting it out until retirement. It's a grouchy bunch with plenty of petty immaturity to pass around. If you are wanting to be taken seriously, don't waste your time.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
drama

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ResCare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6