ResCare Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,932 reviews matching the search
Not the best place to work but you get attached to the clients and it's hard to part with them
DSP (Current Employee) –  Kankakee, ILMarch 20, 2016
Upper management in this area is very rude!!! She doesn't know how to RESPECT her staff.. She has to have her hand in every single thing instead of letting her Q or house manager handle things..very disorganized!!!! Would be much better if she would listen to someone other than herself...
Pros
Loving clients
Cons
Under paid
helped take care of people who couldnt do it
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAMarch 20, 2016
.day at work was great to be able to help someone do something they cant on their own
.I learned to always have a heart and don't judge a book by its cover
.loved all my co workers got have a heart for this kind of job
.I enjoyed this job a lot loved seeing I can make someone happy
constantly changing job responsibility
RN Supervisor/DON (Former Employee) –  Nutter Fort, WVMarch 17, 2016
Management is constantly changing job responsibilities. Always changing who is responsible for what and no one is held accountable for anything. As a supervisor, I had absolutely no home life and constantly had to cancel personal plans to meet job demands. Couldn't keep staff because they weren't paid competitive wages and required to work long hours. As a supervisor, I had no back up from upper management. Could not do my supervisory duties because I was always doing other things (med passes, meetings, etc) but yet was rated low on reviews because of what I didn't do. I learned to watch my back as well. Pay was above the local average but they had to do something to make the job appealing.
Pros
pay
Cons
no overtime for salaried employees, no home life
Unorganized place to work
QSA/Direct care staff (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVMarch 16, 2016
Direct care staff; worked there for a few years until they switched to mandatory 12 hr shifts. It was chaos, heard management was poorly structered. No raises.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Horrible upper management
Very great atmosphere to be surrounded by positive motivational adults
Clerical Aide (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAMarch 16, 2016
Absolutely positive experience great source of information as well as achievements in goals that youth may have for themselves.
Great work enviornment
Personal Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAMarch 16, 2016
The hardest part of the job is when you have four clients in one day in a eight hour time frame. Some days the company barely have clients for you to work for so therefore it's no work available.
Prepared to get down and dirty.
Quality Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJMarch 16, 2016
A typical day of work includes cooking and showering for the individuals living in the group home. Other task includes administering medication and cleaning laundry. Generally the hardest part of this job is handling the odors and messes associated with developmentally and intellectually disabled individuals. This can be a rewarding career for someone who is looking to care for people without the expectation of receiving high salary. This is an excellent job for someone in college or elderly and receiving social security benefits.
Pros
PTO, Excellent Benefit options, easy laid back.
Cons
No real breaks, don't wear nice clothes.
My clients were the best...
DIRECT SUPPORT WORKER (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, KSMarch 16, 2016
The best part about working with ResCare Home Care was my clients! All of them were friendly and caring themselves, even though I was the one there to assist them. Because of them, I learned so much more about understanding and care of those who need home care services.

I found that, even with my ten years plus home healthcare experience, I can still make room to learn more about this field. And, the people these agencies serve.
Pros
My home care clients.
Cons
Scheduling conflicts that arose sometimes.
Rescare has been a good source of experience for me
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 16, 2016
Working at Rescare has been a very good years of experience. I learned how to identify the needs of my clients and ability to work with others.
Very Unorganized, and Unethical. I think all management in C.C,Tx S.P.I.D. ofc need retraining.
Residential Management (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMarch 16, 2016
This company needs to fire half the management and hire people who actually care about the client's and not covering themselves.
Laughing, getting together for karaoke once a month
Direct Support Staff/ Room Lead (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 16, 2016
It was never dull moment. Staff and clients got along pretty well. We played games in a structure way, went on outings and always tried to do something new.
good place to start out for in home care
Nursing Assistant Delegated (Current Employee) –  Yakima County, WAMarch 16, 2016
ResCare is a good place to begin when working in home care or if you are a student trying to go through college while working
Loved the People
Behavior Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hazard, KYMarch 15, 2016
I enjoyed the work that I did and they people that I worked with. I learned how to complete Functional Assessments and Behavior Support Plans
Pros
Helping those in need
Cons
Not enough hours in the day to do all that is required.
Good-Bye life
Lead of Group Home (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 15, 2016
Working with the clients was great, such a fulfillment type of job. The company on the other hand was a different story. The company was on a pay freeze so no raises in the 3 years I was there. Sick leave was very hard to take since the company could never keep anyone. Management was great but they were stressed out constantly.
Pros
Dinner with Clients for free, use of company van while taking clients places
Cons
no breaks, low pay, under staffing
Good place for fast advancement
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 14, 2016
This company is a good place to work if you really want to get into management. There is always an opportunity for growth.
Cons
Pay
Great Company
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 14, 2016
Love the company, I am just looking for more growth opportunities within my career field. The staff and clients were very welcoming and continue to treat me as a family member. The hardest part of the job would be keeping up with all the paperwork of staff who had continuous tardy issues.
Alright
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALMarch 11, 2016
A lot of driving. Reliable transportation is definitely needed. Some of the clients are rude and require a lot of assistance. When given assignments, minimum information given on the client.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
no room for advancement or wage increase
Enjoyable work and interaction with clients.
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMarch 11, 2016
I enjoy working for ResCare and interacting with my clients. I enjoy my group home and my coworkers. I wish raises were offered for the employees, though.
Pros
Relaxed, challenging, fun
Cons
no raises
horribly managed
DSP (Former Employee) –  WVMarch 11, 2016
Most unorganized company I've ever worked for. Upper management doesn't care about their employees at all. They also don't seem to particularly care too much about the consumers either. Long hours and little pay, they don't offer raises but expect you to work non stop and come in every time they call. Working for them means giving up many other aspects of your life.
A professional environment
Home Manager (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMarch 9, 2016
Rescare is a community living environment. I had an awesome time working at Rescare. I got along with all my clients. I still keep in touch with all my clients, to make sure they're doing o.k