ResCare

ResCare Employer Reviews

Need A better pay
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 22, 2014
Job is great but the pay isnt good at all, also the benefits are not what u would expect for a low paying job.
it is a great training facilty
Facilities Maintenance Trainee (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 22, 2014
it is a none stop learning day from when we get up at 6:00 in the morning till we go to bed at 11:00 at night. I have had training in Facilities Maintenance. My hardest part of the training day is having enough to do.
Different
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 21, 2014
Other staff can be difficult to work with at times and the pay is no good, but you have employment.
Don't work here unless you are entering the field
Youth Counselor/Educational Assistant (Current Employee), Logan, UTJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: free meals, internet access.
Cons: no breaks, no real benefits
If you can get to education assistant which is the day shift from 8-4 its an okay job but still kind of a pain. You watch up to 8 clients and help them with there daily task school, hygiene, lunch and much more.
I personally was not told till the interview that this was a residential treatment center for under age sex offenders.
I learned about behavioral – more... management. Crisis prevention.
Co-workers are nice and someone is always willing to help with shifts.
You have to have a replacement staff to use the rest room and there are no breaks.
Getting to go home. – less
Helping People
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee), Princeton, WVJanuary 20, 2014
I truly enjoyed helping the people that needed assistance, it was very rewarding to see the happiness that I could bring someone by helping them to complete the things that they could not do on their own.
The management he was not very caring, however I enjoyed all of the coworkers that I had
Loved it!
Residential Advisor (Former Employee), Greencastle, INJanuary 20, 2014
Absolutely loved working with the kids there! Heart warming to work with children in need. Enjoyed my co-workers as well.
Great Place to work
Caregiver (Current Employee), Pleasant Hills, caJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: wonderful clients
Cons: overwork at time
ResCare is a great place to work in the health field. my co-worker are great, management is good, the hardest part of my job is when a clients passes or get very ill
Friendly Company
Caregiver (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: hours and shifts vary
Cons: travel to much
My boss was very nice and understanding. He was always willing to help and give more hours when he could.
Low key caring environment
Supportive Assistant (Former Employee), Jasper, INJanuary 16, 2014
Typical day at work would be helping clients with every day tasks. As well as driving them to do routine errands. I learned to be patient with those who have physical and mental disabilities and skills to deal with outbursts. The management was great and understanding. The hardest part of the job was trying to enforce rules within the home. I really – more... enjoyed the interactions with the clients. – less
Awsome clients to work with, very difficult management to work for
Support Care Staff (Former Employee), Hazard, KYJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: awsome clients to work with
Cons: management was callus and difficult to work fo
I enjoyed my job very much. I learned from my individuals more than I could teach them. However, when it came to management, they cared more about the business aspect of their jobs. They also hired a lot of family and inside friends and that conflicted with the best interest of the clients.
P.O.S. Agency
DSS (Former Employee), ATLANTA, GAJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: it's a job.
Cons: no raises. no overtime. no answers from trainer regarding anything.
After 2 days of orientation 5 people stopped showing up I was #5. 2 of the people were going to be house managers. There's no drug testing and I wasn't asked to come in for an interview. I was just told to show up to do some paper work. That's how desperate they are for workers. Pay is $7.25 an hour and that's it.
ResCare is very caring about the consumers they serve
Lead Support Staff (Current Employee), Bethesda, OHJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: my working hours are great
Cons: they do not employ medical assistants
No two days are the same where I work, there is no "typical" day with my girls. We have fun, we laugh, and sometimes we cry. We are human emotion is a big part of the driving force for the care we provide. I have learned so much from working here. I have 30 plus years of work experience but not with people with intellectual disabilities. I heard once – more... that people fear what they don't understand and by watching people stare at the girls and then grabbing their children I would have to say that is a true statement. My co-workers are amazing. Watching them care for the girls is the highlight of my day simply because most of the workers there are so young. I did not expect the younger generation to be as kind and caring as these people are, they make me smile.I would have to say that the hardest part of the job is when we take the girls in to restaurants or shopping centers and people stare so hard at them, I know the girls aren't aware of the stares but it makes me sad that grown people are worse than children when it comes to staring and moving fast to avoid being near them in line or next to them at the dinner table. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I take them to buy clothes or out to lunch, or any short trips in the van because they do not like long trips they have to be moving to happy. When I get a laugh or a smile from them it melts my heart. I also get a charge out of figuring out what they are trying to communicate. Neither I nor the girls know sign language which could help communication a great deal, but when I figure out what is wanted I feel accomplished. – less
Rescare
Support Assistant (Former Employee), Marion, INJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: good perks, good benefits, the pay should be a lot higher.
Cons: the pay; the training on the medication should be longer, a lot longer. instead of 4 days.
A typical day at work, if I came in at 7am, I had to start by waking up the consumers; with the team leader helping me, this of course, was at my second house I did, which was less functioning individuals. Then prepare the meds, with one consumer at a time of course, as required to the nurses order in the MAR book. The hardest part about the job was – more... the hecktic part... having to care for so many consumers, with so little time to do it all in. And getting there meds passed in time.

In the last house I trained in - I had 40 minutes to pass the meds. And with so many, 3 to to look after, and the distractions going on....I couldn't concentrate and caught the med error during veriffy, the phase long before you actually give the meds. Yet the team leader wanted me to be sharp, a pro, and learn fast.

The most enjoyable part of the job was riding with the co workers in the vans, or the times where the consumers where at day services. And knowing that you make a difference in there lives. – less
I love working for Rescare
Adult Support Aide (Former Employee), Chillicothe, OHJanuary 10, 2014
A typical day at work I would get there around 3 clock in and get my consumers off the bus. I would start dinner and get their medicine ready for dinner. I then would clean up the house and do their laundry. I would assist the consumers in the shower if they needed help. They would then get ready for bed and I would fill out all of my paper work that – more... needed to be done before I left at 12. I got a long with all of my coworkers and became very close with them all. I would say the difficult part of the job was when I first started working with adults with disabilities since I really only worked with kids with special needs. I loved everything about working with kids and adults with special needs. The most rewarding part of my job was every single day I worked the consumers would get this huge smile on their face and be so happy that I was working. Also just knowing that I was helping and making a difference in the kids and adults life. – less
Effective
Case Manager (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: the whole experience was a learning one and i became a part of a close knit unit.
Cons: handling the various outbursts.
Very proactive work place enjoyed working with the different disabilities and individuals.
Terrible business plan
Service Associate (Current Employee), New Haven, INJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: chance to help some wonderful and special people
Cons: awful compensation, poor management, bad business practice
This company is supposed to care for those with developmental disabilities but they really only focus on their stock holders. The level of staff they provide and quality of care is awful. If not for the clients who are in desperate need of people who care i would have never stayed with this company. I do not agree with most of their work practices.
Contract Well Known Company
Rescare (Former Employee), Waco, TXJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: regular 40 hours
Cons: most employees aren't devotional/ no pay raise
TWC-Waco Customer Service, Company contracts good Companies to work for, Co-Workers are trained every 3-6 months, The hardest part is Organization consistency, The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the residents of the City of Waco being financially independent from the system living to the greatest potential.
Summary
QSA (Former Employee), Buckhannon, WVJanuary 2, 2014
Rescare is a great place to work with good people and great consumers.
temp
Rescare-Temporary Help (Former Employee), wpbJanuary 1, 2014
temp help around the office. quiet. nice management. nice location. easy to find.
Look somewhere else
Manager (Former Employee), Shelby NCDecember 29, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
Waste of time working at Rescare or voca or community alternatives whatever they call it. They treat clients like they are a commodity: think about the most fragile and most dependent person they treat like dirt: it's truly was a disgusting place to work. Most direct care staff we're wanting to do good work but usually management got it the way. Ultimately – more... management hindered every aspect for growth for clients. The ED is a crook and most management are just like him.

Keep far away from this place it's a waste of time and if u have family members there get them out. – less

About ResCare

Through its residential, training, and support services, ResCare offers RESpect and CARE to people with physical and mental disabilities. – Read more