ResCare Employee Reviews

Good benefits
Friendly people
love making people happy
shift hours are reasonable
gain more experience each day
would recommend them
I loved this job!
Assisting clients (Former Employee) –  Beckley, WV 25801December 20, 2016
This job is easy going, very informative, I loved my coworkers. I believe this is the best job I ever had. At first you are crammed with informations, but staff makes sure you get threw each task.
Horrible management, lazy staff
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHDecember 20, 2016
I actually took a $2/hr pay decrease just to get out of this company! Management are the most incompetent, rude and lazy individuals I have ever worked for. They hire anyone off the street and do not discipline for tardiness or no call, no shows...as long as you're friends with management. I was disgusted with the care given to clients as well. Reports were made!
Pros
Nurse wages
Cons
Management, cleanliness, staff, poorly maintained homes, lack of proper training
Easy going job, 85% verbal so cant be restless and need patience.
Care taker (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 20, 2016
Have to have the heart as well as the back bone for the job. Can not be a physical person, has to have a great deal of patience and can not have a problem with taking work home on holidays.
Very enjoyable workplace.
Direct Support Professional/HTS (Current Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKDecember 19, 2016
Rewarding work experience. Enjoyed coworkers, as well as the clients. I was able to bond very quickly and easily with the clients, as well as my coworkers, which made work even more enjoyable.
Great Company
assisting patients in their home (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCDecember 19, 2016
I enjoyed my time as a CNA for ResCare . It provided a flexible schedule and the ability to work in a medical in home setting. ResCare will always be a company I care about and speak of with pride and gratitude.
I like the premise of helping others, but there are some problems with middle management.
Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Concord, CADecember 18, 2016
As Quality Assurance Manager, it was my job to screen and hire new caregivers. This was not always easy due to the extremely low pay, considering the kind of work caregivers perform. Other than the relatively low pay and problems with middle management, this was a great company to work for.
Horrible experience
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INDecember 17, 2016
From the minute I walked in the door...I should have walked out.This company is completely unorganized and they hardly train you to do slave work.Forget this place.do not work here.
Cons
This is a fun productive place to work with many opportunities to grow with the company
Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marion, INDecember 17, 2016
I really enjoyed this job they are a great place to work for with many opportunities to grow with the company also they have very great opportunity to work overtime and they are very helpful with being able to help with families that are single parent homes.
Pros
All the overtime you may want, helpful with time off for single parents, good pay
Bad Management
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sheridan, INDecember 17, 2016
Working for this company has been very stressful. They are not supportive of their staff, they make you work 12-16 hour shifts and do not care about your well being.
Pros
Cons
no breaks, unsupportivve, long hours
The management is aweful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hazard, KYDecember 16, 2016
They steal from the individuals in the company
They don't look at the best interest in the individuals
They hire selfish people who are only there to make a check not to help the ones who need the help
loved my clients
QSA (Former Employee) –  Summersville, WVDecember 16, 2016
I worked in a group home that housed 8 individuals. The day consisted of showering, dressing, feeding, and taking the clients out to work on their goals in the community.
Pros
amazing clients
Cons
poor management
suppressed atmosphere, stifled creativity
Academic Instructor (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 15, 2016
difficult management, large turnover rate, obvious favoritism, barely any materials, no support in the classroom, lack of moral and teamwork.
Training Facility was good.
Career Development Counselor (Former Employee) –  Morganfield, KYDecember 15, 2016
Worked there for eight years and I enjoyed it. First experience working with many diverse people and learned a great deal of tolerance from students as well as the staff.
Very unorganized company to work for
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 15, 2016
They are always short on staff. The pay is very low for the work that you do. House managers and office personal are rude and unorganized. The clients are great and fun to work with.
Not a bad job.
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NCDecember 14, 2016
As long as you like making 9.50 an hour and dont have any dreams of moving up in the company. The insurance is awful and expensive. The worst part is the amount of abuse that goes on here.
high demand
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Kings Mountain, NCDecember 14, 2016
recsare has a high turn over rate. The job requires a lot of its employees depending on which branch or house you work at, but they do not pay enough, once an employee reaches 9.45 they will nit receive another raise.
The clients was great to take care of..
QSA (Former Employee) –  Nutterfort wvDecember 14, 2016
Not a very good company. Work there employees good but dont pa y the correct amount for hours worked.They dnt treat the employees like thwy should. Dont gibe enough credit to them.
I enjoyed this company
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCDecember 14, 2016
I really enjoyed working for this company. I would definitely recommend the Aiken SC, office to anyone seeking CNA employment.
Youth Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Murray, KYDecember 13, 2016
I have been employeed as a youth care worker for three years now. While the work is sometimes worth more than the pay, the rewards are way more worth it. If you enjoy caring for individuals, and look towards making a difference in the lives of the youth, then this is the place for you. CYS division of ResCare is a smaller company, so what you see is what you get. There isn't a large room for advancement in CYS, because everyone loves their jobs so much they never leave, but that is okay in the long run, because the experiences far outweigh financial gain. LOVE LOVE LOVE CYS
Pros
flexible schedule, great life experience
Cons
holiday hours (the kids don't always get to leave the group home)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ResCare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7