Resco Products, Inc

Resco Products, Inc Employee Reviews

Very reputable company to be associated with.
Production Supervisor/Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 15, 2016
It was an advantage to work and be trained by some of the most knowledgable refractory engineers and salesmen in the business.

Their assistance and training gave me the confidence to be able to make decisions and answer questions that resulted in customer's confidence in the company.

Upon completion of our jobs, it was important that we had the customer's complete satisfaction with how the job was performed.
Safety, manpower, installation and efficiency.
Pros
The confidence and assistance from coworkers.
Cons
Long hours and travel.
Very bad place to work
production (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHJanuary 17, 2016
Management is terrible. No work life balance. You go home when the work is done regardless what time. Management does not care about the people. They have managers in place especially the human resource manager who basically break every company policy and violate work place laws.
Pros
Leaving there
Fishbowl
Treasury Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 29, 2015
When I interviewed at Resco, everyone made it seem like it was such a great place to work. Once I actually started working, I felt terribly deceived. The environment in the corporate office felt very much like living in an aquarium, where someone was constantly looking over your shoulder waiting to tell you that you're doing something wrong. The micromanaging was very frustrating.

Management was overly demanding, always shortening the amount of time that you had to work on tasks. The expectation was that everyone worked overtime, even if you were able to get your own work done within normal business hours. If you were not at your desk from 7:00 AM until 7:00 PM, you must not have had enough work to do, even though the department was ALWAYS understaffed. This company also has a proven track record of replacing talented women with under-qualified men, which certainly contributed to a rate of turnover in the corporate office that would make your head spin.
Some of the best employees I ever worked with.
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 30, 2014
Work day is intense and fast paced. Company is in process of major changes and it is very difficult to get all departments on board. Great people to work with in operations.

Too many people pulling in opposite directions.

The most enjoyable part was my coworkers with a wonderful sense of humor that made the work day go by quickly.
Pros
balanced work life. low key work enviroment.
Cons
top management could be better. too many meetings interfering with getting the job done.
Resco sells a well liked product.
maintenance (Current Employee) –  Hammond, INDecember 30, 2015
I learned a lot at Resco Products. They have great retirement dinners and bonuses. Supplies gloves and ear plugs to employees.
Pros
Nicely painted building and structure.
Cons
Dust
Excellent place to work, wish I never left.
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 20, 2015
Just a great company to work for. Sales force is strong with good technical advice. Hours and travel are part of the job so be ready. Co workers are excellent. The hardest part of the job is meeting your sales forecast which has to grow annually.
Pros
management
Cons
healthcare benefits are costly.
This is a good company to work for.
Production Manager, Monolithic & Grinding Dept (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 10, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company, I was with them a long time. Unfortunatley after I took a promotion to North Carolina I was unable to sell my house and had to return the Indiana.
to much upper management churn
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 15, 2015
way to much employee turnover. it seemed like management was out for themselves. Still wondering how they stay in business (smoke & mirrors?)

most co workers were good, a few were great. SM, KR, MK, DK

hardest part of the job was trying to understand why the company didn't want to be more efficient & save money
Pros
relaxed work environment when you weren't worried about being let go
Cons
constantly worried about being let go
Pleasure to work for. Would of liked to retire from.
Plant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INSeptember 5, 2012
Would of worked the rest of my career there. But due to unforeseen economic downturn, Corporate downsizing reduced hourly and management by 66%.
Pros
management took good care of employees and each other.
Cons
pockets not deep enough to sustain jobs when economy fluctuates.
A consistently changing work environment
Corporate Buyer - Indirects (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 11, 2015
During a normal day, the office is relaxed and enjoyable, co-workers are friendly, and the company provides a nice working environment. I was surrounded by a great team and knowledgable management. Both of which helped me gain knowledge about the procurement and logistics portions of supply chain management.
Pros
relaxed environment, free coffee, friendly co-workers
Cons
constant changing and rearranging
good working comdances
PRODUCTION ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 10, 2015
working with different people
settiing up the computer and running up
materials for the early parts of the mornings
doing the morning paper work
Regular day at Resco
Laborer/Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INNovember 3, 2014
Start off the day with a safety meeting either on a topic or if there was an incident on a different shift. Go to the production room check machines for any maintenance, clean up that may be needed before starting. Check paper work to be sure it matches up, start machines and get to work. Check product for any imperfections such as off spec, damaged, and or foreign objects. Hardest part of the job was making judment calls on product determining if it was good or bad. Enjoyed going in for 8hrs being offered overtime if wanted.
Learning Experience
Executive Support and Administrative Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 28, 2015
I truly enjoyed working with my co-workers. I did learn more about the corporate world through my experience with Resco. I gained more useful knowledge.
work enviroment was fast paced and physical.
Mixer (Former Employee) –  New Castle, PAApril 17, 2013
on any given day I would go in and load 50 - 100lb bags of material onto the conveyer belt following the order of the batch card. program the time to mix water value into the plc. then cut the bags into the hopper dump it and start the mixing process. Repeated 6 to 8 times per shift, after mixing process I would check and adjust the moister according to the specs on batch card.
Cons
no advanvancment, health care to expensive, company did not take pride in its employes.
My 2nd Job
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 10, 2013
I worked around bricks & dirt everyday. it was very complicated at times but everyday was a challenge because it was something I had never done before. But overall it was a good company.
Great company
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 27, 2012
Great company to learn and grow. Accounting system is pretty weak and can hinder work.
Resco was a great place to work for
QA Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHJune 7, 2014
Resco trained me in all I needed to know about QA, Refractories, and how to lead a team of techs. They are a great company and I wish them all the luck in the future!
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  East Canton, OHApril 4, 2013
paper work, fixing mach.
nothing
i was part of mangament
good guys
putting up with the union
Cons
very dirty atmosphere

2.8