Resco Products, Inc Employee Reviews

Inbred Corporate Management
Corporate Multi-Plant Engineer / LEAN Champion (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 19, 2017
Stay Clear of Venture Capitalist Owned RESCO Products. Upper Level Management is driven by profit only at all cost. Son of former owner is in charge.
Engineer Technician/Cotract work
Engineer Technician (Former Employee) –  East Canton, OHAugust 6, 2017
Great place from management on down. I was doing contract work so do not know anything about the available benefits. I only worked part-time but management tried to get me in full but nothing was available.
Pros
Management great, colleagues great
Cons
Contract work
Sucks
General Maintenance (Current Employee) –  East Canton, OHMay 22, 2017
Don't work here treat you like strait garbage constantly being moved from shift to shift never get a schedule down even if you have bid don't care not one bit how much you help them in any situation
ok job
Mortar line lead operator (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHMay 17, 2017
was ok job would still be working there if they did not close warren plant hot in summer cold in winter coworkers where nice to work with and management was vary understanding
over all a good learning experience
labor (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHApril 11, 2017
Safety generally good paid lunch uniforms room to learn and grow its a place where your voice is heard and people will teach you what they know to help get the job done even management got there hands dirty
Pros
uniforms paid lunch
Cons
steep deadlines
Productive very hands on
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 5, 2017
My day at work wasn't as difficult as everyone else, simply because I drove the forklift all day long. In the summer time it is a very hot place to work.
Run away from this place as fast as you can
A minion (Former Employee) –  Tarentum, PAMarch 24, 2017
Absolutely hands down the worse place I have ever been a part of. Plant manager is completely unqualified to be in the position he is in. Actually bring a spit cup into meetings. Yes , you read that correctly a spit cup!! Plans change hour by hour and then back again. Management is completely scared of everything the union does. I would bet my life savings that this place is out of business within the next year! And for any current employee ( I got an ideal )!!!!
Pros
Putting in your two weeks notice
Cons
Everything A to Z
best dirty job in the world
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHMarch 20, 2017
my management team was top notch, with safety in front of everything we did. many types of people came through there. I wouldn't mind working with anyone of them again ,,as they close down my facility.. pay was humble, but I never missed meal nor did my children..,,
Pros
down to earth, managment, health benefits, safety polices loose dress code
Cons
dust, everywhere
Good place to work alot of great people.
Brick layer (Current Employee) –  Ghent KYMarch 6, 2017
There's alot of great people to work with here at resco products. I have really enjoyed working with all the guys and gals I have worked with. Really good group of guys I have worked with the past couple years I have been there. See alot of different faces.
Pros
Give raises and work with u...
Cons
Hot in summer and cold in winter
Nice small place
Stripper/assembler (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHJanuary 4, 2017
I enjoyed taking apart molds and putting them back together. You stayed busy and it was interesting. Nice people there to work with
Productive and somewhat enjoyable at times
Laborer, Full-time (Former Employee) –  New Castle, PAOctober 4, 2016
Got along great while keeping a safe work area as well as keeping up with production. Learned many exceptional skills and knowledge about myself and the field i worked in. I learned to make goals, to be thick skinned and work to the best to my abilities to get the job done on time the right way. A typical work day included record keeping, operating a forklift, final inspection of products as well as firing a large walk in shuttle kiln and extruding and mixing of call. The most enjoyable part of the job was woking with a team.
Pros
christmas and thanksgiving catering/party
Cons
Benefits and the lack of communication from bosses to employees
Very reputable company to be associated with.
Production Supervisor/Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 15, 2016
It was an advantage to work and be trained by some of the most knowledgable refractory engineers and salesmen in the business.

Their assistance and training gave me the confidence to be able to make decisions and answer questions that resulted in customer's confidence in the company.

Upon completion of our jobs, it was important that we had the customer's complete satisfaction with how the job was performed.
Safety, manpower, installation and efficiency.
Pros
The confidence and assistance from coworkers.
Cons
Long hours and travel.
Very bad place to work
production (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHJanuary 17, 2016
Management is terrible. No work life balance. You go home when the work is done regardless what time. Management does not care about the people. They have managers in place especially the human resource manager who basically break every company policy and violate work place laws.
Pros
Leaving there
Cons
Resco sells a well liked product.
maintenance (Current Employee) –  Hammond, INDecember 30, 2015
I learned a lot at Resco Products. They have great retirement dinners and bonuses. Supplies gloves and ear plugs to employees.
Pros
Nicely painted building and structure.
Cons
Dust
did not believe in reporting the truth
incharge of lab (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 3, 2015
not the best place to work. to political. had a problem with reporting the true result of there testing. tell the truth about a product was verboten. if product did not met standers, had to change parameters to make it work.
Pros
Cons
everyone was trying to screw each other over
good working comdances
PRODUCTION ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 10, 2015
working with different people
settiing up the computer and running up
materials for the early parts of the mornings
doing the morning paper work
This is a good company to work for.
Production Manager, Monolithic & Grinding Dept (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 10, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company, I was with them a long time. Unfortunatley after I took a promotion to North Carolina I was unable to sell my house and had to return the Indiana.
to much upper management churn
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 15, 2015
way to much employee turnover. it seemed like management was out for themselves. Still wondering how they stay in business (smoke & mirrors?)

most co workers were good, a few were great. SM, KR, MK, DK

hardest part of the job was trying to understand why the company didn't want to be more efficient & save money
Pros
relaxed work environment when you weren't worried about being let go
Cons
constantly worried about being let go
Learning Experience
Executive Support and Administrative Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 28, 2015
I truly enjoyed working with my co-workers. I did learn more about the corporate world through my experience with Resco. I gained more useful knowledge.
A consistently changing work environment
Corporate Buyer - Indirects (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 11, 2015
During a normal day, the office is relaxed and enjoyable, co-workers are friendly, and the company provides a nice working environment. I was surrounded by a great team and knowledgable management. Both of which helped me gain knowledge about the procurement and logistics portions of supply chain management.
Pros
Relaxed environment, free coffee, friendly co-workers
Cons
Constant changing and rearranging

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Resco Products, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8