RESCUE Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
volunteer at Andover Fire Department
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Andover, NYApril 12, 2014
This is just a volunteer organization I respond to fire an rescue calls. I'm interior fireman, and a certified first responder.
productive workplace, very good teamwork
lead rescuer/ supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 3, 2014
A typical day would be a 24-40 hour shift. within that shift we would do high angle rescue or confined space rescue. we worked a lot with OSHA making sure safty codes were up to date, to prevent any accidents.We also did fire suppression, so we worked closely with MSDS and safety data sheets. We also had a lot of down time in which we would train to prepare for what ever might happen. We strived to be the best at what we did.
Pros
$40 a day per diem
Cons
working in the rain, snow, cold and extreem heat in turnouts
seeling computer parts on EBay
shipment department (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 18, 2013
very good experience to learn about all the laptop parts and how they all works togther
saving lifes and really matter to people
Volunteer firefighter (Former Employee) –  stlouis, moSeptember 16, 2013
A typical day was running fire calls and ems calls. I have leaned so much what to do when in a burning build how to save people and how to cut open cars and what to do in dangerous situations. The captains that i had worked with were great people. The people that i went on fires with and did training with were good guys. The hardest part about the job was seeing someone die that you could help or do anything for. The most enjoyable was saving a life and having someone trust and believe in you to save them.
Pros
respect from everyone your a hero.
Cons
seeing someone die.
Fantastic, Exciting, Adventerous
Supervisor on a Ship. Collateral duties (Former Employee) –  United States, EuropeJune 5, 2012
Never a dull moment in the Navy. Each time I transferred, I was assigned a different job or responsibility which included collateral duties.
Cons
not enough sleep, not enough hours in the day to get things done