Research Foundation of SUNY Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  East Setauket, NYApril 25, 2017
I worked with a great, supportive group of people. They have excellent job training, continuing education and support. Patient safety always came first.
Fast paced environment, customer service oriented
Award Analyst 2 (Former Employee) –  North Campus, Buffalo New YorkJanuary 25, 2017
By far the best part of the job was being able to solve issues for the Departments and providing customer service. The hardest part of the job was the extremely high turnover rate and the resulting high workload while new people were being trained.
Pros
Challenging work, good benefits
Cons
Constant turnover
Part Time job during MS
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 10, 2016
It was good fun working here. Tests your speed and accuracy. Good job to earn money during Summer. Also, manageable along with the campus and dining job.
A great opportunity for research experience
Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Oneonta, NYApril 11, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of running PCR assays on different samples and recording data for the heat-shock response in Neuroblastoma 2a cells. I learned a lot more about how to avoid contamination in the lab and how to culture cells and change media. I also made media (DMEM) for the cells. I kept all of my calculations and findings in my lab notebook. My co-workers were great and were always ready to help me if I needed anything. The hardest part of the job was probably figuring most of it out on my own and creating my own protocols (as well as repeating my protocols). The most enjoyable part of my job was collecting and analyzing the data that I found and being in the lab environment. I feel much more confident in the lab now that I've had extra practice handling the equipment and performing lab procedures.
Pros
Research experience, fun work environment
Cons
Lonely at times, waiting for PCR to finish was boring
Driven company with attention to detail
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 14, 2016
Excellent company to work for great people and compensation. They really focus on delivering the highest quality of work and spare no expense when it comes to training and process.
Pros
Benefits, compensation, work environment
Cons
little room for advancement
Roth Nobis & Co, PC, Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assicant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 14, 2014
Responsible for the processing and assembly of corporate, partnership, not-for profit, payroll, and personal tax returns. Typed and proofread memos, letters, correspondence, engagement letter, management and legal representation letters using WordPerfect. Typed and prepared for the binding of financial statements. Instructed other personnel in the use of WordPerfect. Also responsible for updating the tax library.
Execellent benefits
PURCHASING ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Upstate Medical UniversityFebruary 19, 2014
Good place to work, good benefits just hard to advance on campus if you don't know anyone
Pros
good benefits
Cons
not alot of advancement
A great workplace to build your carrer
Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Albany NYFebruary 2, 2014
Amazing place to work. great co-workers. 9-5 job. Meetings before lunch. There could be more. work satisfaction.
Fun place to learn
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 18, 2013
Fun place to learn and excel in the area you want to be. Its basically a learning platform.
Its a highly research/result oriented organization devoted to research
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Binghamton, NYJune 26, 2012
Involvement in active research is exciting as one gets to learn something new everyday . And as a graduate student one is encouraged to innovate and be creative .