Research Foundation of the City University of New York Employee Reviews

Amazing job
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYDecember 29, 2016
Working as a research assistant allowed to open up to new technology. Gaining knowledge about nanotechnology was an amazing experience.
good organization
research assistant (Former Employee) –  city techAugust 28, 2015
Worked on a project for which i was paid through rfcuny so i didn't have much contact with them aside from company policy education. The experience was good in relation to the method i was paid and the management of my time sheet through their online resource. i didn't have any co workers and only worked with my mentor and lead researcher of fore mentioned project.
Like a family.
Grants Administrator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 27, 2015
Great place to grow and learn. Everyone works as a team. Everyday you get to learn something new! The management is very supportive.
a safe heaven
Manager of Payables & Tax Compliance (Current Employee) –  New York NYDecember 30, 2014
A safe place to work for: The Research Foundation of the City University of New York (RFCUNY) is a not-for-profit educational corporation that manages private and government sponsored programs at The City University of New York (CUNY). Since 1963, RFCUNY has provided CUNY (and non-CUNY clients more recently) with the administrative infrastructure that supports sponsored program activities.
Pros
stability
Cons
low mobility
Pretty Good
Data Analyst and Researcher (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 18, 2014
Flexible schedule. Research done on campus at CUNY colleges.
Pros
Parties at end of year
Cons
No benefits
The Research Foundation the fiscal agent for the City University of NY. I rate them 5 But not the school they service.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 21, 2013
I worked alone and make decisions on what was needed in the department as to my work. It was a good experience but did not learn much from been there. As far as management, was very poor. My office was at The Graduate Center, CUNY
The hardest part of my job was communication, it was very poor. The most enjoyable part were the people I helped.
Pros
it cover my expenses
A great place to be
Manager of Payables & Tax Compliance (Current Employee) –  New York NYJune 18, 2013
A great place to work. he Research Foundation of the City University of New York (RFCUNY) is a not-for-profit educational corporation that manages private and government sponsored programs at The City University of New York (CUNY). Since 1963, RFCUNY has provided CUNY (and non-CUNY clients more recently) with the administrative infrastructure that supports sponsored program activities.
Pros
job security
Cons
Little mobility
Productive and flexibility
Network Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 19, 2013
I was working with them at the time when I was in College, they allow me pick my schedule because of my classes. I was able to learn new materials and also I had to manage school network. I was able to work with a lot of people from different background.
Pros
flexibility
Great benefits but not enough room for advancement. A stepping stone!
Administrator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 19, 2012
The Research Foundation of Cuny is a good place to work if you're trying to build up your experience. It offers tuition reimbursement and plenty, and i mean plenty of vacation, personal, and sick time. Keep in mind you're working with Cuny, so when the school is off, you are off. Of course, we do not receive summer vacation, but we do receive summer hours. Meaning, we have our choice of either Monday or Friday off. Keep in mind that you are asked to work longer hours to compensate for the day off. The job security is exceptional, as we are in a union. However, because you are in a union, the company never gives merit raises. You'll have to rely on your yearly raise by the union, which is usually about 3 percent. the 401k is great - the employee puts in a mandatory 3% and the company matches 8%. as for management, it is very top heavy. And you'll find yourself very frustrated when trying to get something accomplished, as there are just to many people trying to blockade simple solutions. Everyone just wants to make sure they don't have to take the blame, which can fault the client to a certain degree. At the end of the day, they're doing everything possible, to not be held liable for any issue. So it can be frustrating trying to help a client out.
Pros
plenty of vacation, sick and personal time - and very flexible with taking off. tution reimbursement, great 401k plan, union and summer schedule
Cons
not much advancement, no merit raises only annual union raise, very top heavy, will not send low level employees on seminars, only management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Research Foundation of the City University of New York. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2