Research Medical Center

Research Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Difficult environment to work, but great coworkers
Registered Nurse Emergency Room (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 20, 2016
This is a level one trauma center in an urban area of Kansas City. It is a very busy hospital and one must be always on their toes to thrive in this environment. One must also be a work horse in order to be effective. The staff at this facility is what makes this place great.
Hard workers!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 17, 2016
Everyone's work ethic was great. Each team member had individual responsibilities, sometimes it consisted a lot. We worked as a team and got the tasks accomplished.
Educational and stressful
nursing (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 4, 2015
Unreasonable work loads and underpaid, but experience is great for new beginner. Complaining and organizing does no good. Most were
not able to make it 6 months in my department without looking for a new job. I suggest to have another job to go to later.
Pros
Experiences
Cons
Workload, pay, and schedule
busy and chaotic
staff pharacist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 2, 2015
,I really enjoyed working at Research. I learned more clinical information than anyplace else I have worked. Plus I gained experience in acute trauma, neonatal mediatcation, cardiac surgery and stat chemo. The staff were great to work with.
Since I was on the night shift I never worked with management staff.
I would recommend Reaarch as a learning experience and staff are friendly and helpful.
Pros
educational experience
Cons
overwhelming workload. There is only one pharmacist on the night shift.
the people working around you are social as they should be
Data Entry/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 29, 2015
The pay with this company was fair, however, i thought the atmosphere was kinda dry and not tailored for someone upbeat and ambitious. The job atmosphere i thought was just not suited for a person with a uptempo personality. however it is a nice place to work.
Pros
NICE CLEAN PLACE TO WORK
Cons
A slow tempo work atmosphere
Saint Lukes
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 29, 2015
Love love loved working for this company, Staff was great and good to patients, Pay was reasonable and got raises every year. Holidays were always fun on the units. Great labor and delivery wing.
Productive learning expierience.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MoJuly 26, 2015
It was a very good learning experience that was fun. It was mostly about helping people which I enjoy doing. I learned how to work in a very fast pace environment. Co-workers were very friendly and supportive.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Hospital smell
love Research Medical Center
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 14, 2015
great staff, and a wonderful place to work! Hoping to be able to come back to Research ortho/neuro or med/surg. I have met awesome managers and recruiters
Pros
team work
Productive work environment, Med/Surg RN
RN (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 7, 2015
Med/Surg patient care
Learned Med/Surg care giving
I enjoy helping the patients and their family have the best and easiest experience they can while being hospitalized.
Busy workplace that will build your skill and determination
Radiology Technologist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 25, 2015
Research Medical Center is a busy trauma center with many turning gears. Often there is a heavy work flow to contend with, and patients can be difficult at times. Overall if you can work here you can work anywhere.
Pros
fast pace, decent hours
Cons
understaffed, frustrated co-workers
Dynamic Culture
Director of Critical Care Services (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 27, 2015
Very passionate and energetic CEO committed to moving the culture of the organization and drive all areas of quality patient care. Very complex high acuity environment with excellent outcomes and focus on growth.
Cytotech Job
Phlebotomist/ Cytology specimen processor (Former Employee) –  kansas city moMarch 4, 2015
This Job intells of testing Body fluids and the use of a centrifuge to spin fluid down, so that the cells can be transfered to a glass slide so that the Doctor can do a reading Microscopic to see if the Patient has Cancer.
Pros
you get to work under a hood
Cons
you pretty much work by yourself...lots of data entry as well
Why I like my profession
Lab Tech (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 26, 2015
I love what I do. There is nothing better than knowing that your job helps saves lives. Sometimes the hospital can get very busy and my job is one that most patients don't care for, so its always best to be very polite and explain everything that you are going to do.
Be prepared to run your butt off
RN-Renal-Metabolic/Med Surg. Floor (Former Employee) –  MOFebruary 25, 2015
Great place to really get thrown into the fire and get your feet wet. You do get erected for a bit until you feel somewhat ready. But little to no support from management if you have any issues. Patient to nurse ratio is sometimes or most times ridiculous and unreasonable.
Nurse Intern
Graduate Nurse PCU (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 30, 2014
Worked as a nurse intern, also known as a PCT. It was nice learning about the hospital atmosphere.
Ok place to work, ok environment
Certified nurse assistance (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 29, 2014
A typical day at work, I learned to be an team player, be stable. Too be a hard worker.
Pros
free lunches, promotions
Cons
short. breaks regular lunches
rated five stars
releif sanitation / food service (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 13, 2014
learned how to do certain task on a timely manner, trained new employees how to do task the same way.

How to get through with said work early and stay on top of task.

trash puller

food server
machine operator
production line assembly
janitor
Pros
good place to work for a college student
Cons
be carefull to watch your break time, do not get written up more than once.
very intersting place to work
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 8, 2014
It is a very bust but fun place to work. I love the patients that I encounter. I learned just how much I enjoy my job. I love the people I work with, we make a great team together. Some days we are so busy that we can not take a lunch break, but we work as a team to make sure all the work is done.
Pros
i love my co workers
Cons
no lunch some times
Busy acute care facility
Staff and Head Nurse (Former Employee) –  MoSeptember 5, 2014
Probably no better or worse than any acute care facility today
A great place to learn new job skills but work hours are very long.
Nutrition Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City,moSeptember 3, 2014
You get there by 5:30am and you get your patients diet menus together and you make the doctors have not change there diet orders also you then prepare the breakfast foods and get ready to serve the patients. After a while you get the cash ready for the visitors cafe part. Then you check to see that all staff is there and that their are no call ins. If so, you call to see if any prn workers are available.You have to set the trays up for the patients and then server them to the patients. After that you go collect the menus for the patients and check to see if they need any snacks or supplements.You would then pick trays up and take to the dish washer area. You would do this for three meals. Also you would also stock the floor units and er area. At the end the night you would collect the cash and count it and deposit it into the safe,and then you would check staff work areas before letting them leave.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
short breaks and short staffed