Research Medical Center Employee Reviews

Fantastic Learning Evironment
RN (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 10, 2017
I have learned so much at Research. The leadership team is dynamic and truly committed. Lots of changes in management which have contributed to a better culture. Research is in the midst of improving the culture and has made vast improvements in quality of care. It is a great time to be at Research!
Pros
committed leadership, great coworkers, caring staff, competitive salaries, clear expectations
Committed to excellence
Imaging Services Team Member (Current Employee) –  RMC, Kansas City MOMarch 10, 2017
Due to the complexity of the patients and procedures performed at RMC, the experience gained from working at the facility is outstanding. It's not a place that just anyone can succeed. Being part of a team that is committed to excellence is why I chose to work and to continue to work at RMC. The work isn't the easiest out there but we are all here to care for each other and our patients. My department works hard to raise the bar of excellence each and every day.
Pros
Teamwork, department leadership, high acuity of patients, cutting edge procedures
Cons
Not everyone will succeed.
Director of Pharmacy (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 6, 2017
This is a hospital that is part of Healthcare Corporation of America. It is all the pluses and minuses of being part of a large corporation. Pay is not the best.
My co workers
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 4, 2017
They make the work day better. There are a lot of other improvements that need to made all the way up to management level. Also the pay grade could be a little better.
Endoscopy center
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 19, 2017
I enjoyed the teamwork aspect of the job. The manager in the GI Lab always jumped in to help when needed. A typical day was very busy and we worked very close with our doctors, anesthesiologists as well as the patients. The best part of the day was being able to work closely with the patients educating them regarding their healthcare.
Pros
Management, the insurance was good if you paid the higher premiums.
Cons
The yearly employee satisfaction surveys were not confidential if they required employee ID numbers, We were schooled to give positive reviews with lunch tickets and other treats, we were told that mistakes were learning experiences and not used as punishment, NOT TRUE!
Great learning environment
Medical Surgical Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 13, 2017
Challenging face paced environment. Worked long hours doing floor nursing. Get environment to expand your skill. Wonderful teaching environment. Hard to advance beyond floor nurse though.
Pros
Lunches
Cons
Leadership lenient on poor performers
productive place to work
Registrar/Inpatient Admissions (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 15, 2017
Working here you always knew what your job was if you had any questions and they didn't answer them they would find out that made it easy to want to collect and want to learn more about what we were doing. Very enjoyable place to work.
About this job
Dietary (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 6, 2017
This job is very challenging some times. You have to have a strong mind and heart to take what goes on daily here. You wont always get things that you like. you have to be able to connect with the right manager. This job can be fun or it can feel like its ruining your life and no job should ever feel like that.
Pros
You can meet nice people
Cons
The hours and pay really put a dent in you financial life
Unfriendly management
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 26, 2016
There was a large turnover in managements and nursing. Pt ratio was to high for acuity. This was with paper charting plus paper mars and checking orders plus pt care. LPN's were more helpful than the RN's.
Pros
Experienced LPN's
Cons
Poor management, poor teamwork and unsafe pt/nurse ratio for acuity level
Was staff rn on ortho/neuro /trauma unit very fhad very good new equipment.ast pace.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 9, 2016
active work place,goal to improve patients sense of care from staff to patient..Work balance was fair 4/5 scale.Benefits very good.Job security yet management could not find new job in clinic.Management very open and supportive to me.Lob area very fast/swift changing due to admit/discharges.
Pros
paid for computer time to keep up with new policies, meeting paid time .
Cons
seem at times staff ratio not able to keep up to patiet changes in status

Want to know more about Research Medical Center?

Ask a question
A different environment
Registered Nurse, night shift (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 6, 2016
The environment is difficult to get used to and the company has an expectation of the staff being available when they are at home and during family time or 'off hours'.
Very fun place to work. It was very exciting to work in surgery.
Control Station Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 27, 2016
I loved my job in surgery scheduling. I ran the surgery schedule. I entered cases into the computer, printed schedule and took to the printer. I then sent out schedules all over the hospital and then I wrote the board for the next day of all the cases.
Pros
My work was close to home, ate in cafeteria, got 2 breaks during day
Cons
The job was not in a good area of town.
Interesting and team work
ER Tech - Brookside Campus (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 25, 2016
High census,working directly with nursing and physicians processing specimens etc, Maintain a positive rapport with patients and provide customer service
Er
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 18, 2016
Worked in the ER for 2 years. The staff is amazing and very good. Pay is decent. Staffing is not very good, but has shown improvement in the past few years.
Difficult environment to work, but great coworkers
Registered Nurse Emergency Room (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 20, 2016
This is a level one trauma center in an urban area of Kansas City. It is a very busy hospital and one must be always on their toes to thrive in this environment. One must also be a work horse in order to be effective. The staff at this facility is what makes this place great.
Hard workers!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 17, 2016
Everyone's work ethic was great. Each team member had individual responsibilities, sometimes it consisted a lot. We worked as a team and got the tasks accomplished.
Educational and stressful
nursing (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 4, 2015
Unreasonable work loads and underpaid, but experience is great for new beginner. Complaining and organizing does no good. Most were
not able to make it 6 months in my department without looking for a new job. I suggest to have another job to go to later.
Pros
Experiences
Cons
Workload, pay, and schedule
busy and chaotic
staff pharacist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 2, 2015
,I really enjoyed working at Research. I learned more clinical information than anyplace else I have worked. Plus I gained experience in acute trauma, neonatal mediatcation, cardiac surgery and stat chemo. The staff were great to work with.
Since I was on the night shift I never worked with management staff.
I would recommend Reaarch as a learning experience and staff are friendly and helpful.
Pros
educational experience
Cons
overwhelming workload. There is only one pharmacist on the night shift.
the people working around you are social as they should be
Data Entry/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 29, 2015
The pay with this company was fair, however, i thought the atmosphere was kinda dry and not tailored for someone upbeat and ambitious. The job atmosphere i thought was just not suited for a person with a uptempo personality. however it is a nice place to work.
Pros
NICE CLEAN PLACE TO WORK
Cons
A slow tempo work atmosphere
Saint Lukes
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 29, 2015
Love love loved working for this company, Staff was great and good to patients, Pay was reasonable and got raises every year. Holidays were always fun on the units. Great labor and delivery wing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Research Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Research Medical Center Reviews by Location