Research Medical Center Employee Reviews

mid-management disconnected
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MO 64132August 5, 2017
Compensation is good now due to employees leaving. The mid-level management is disconnected from the employees, and can be rude to professionals in the field.
Very productive workplace
Cardiac Monitor Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 3, 2017
Upon employment, I have experienced friendships and learned the position with ease, thanks to the educated trainers whom assured my accuracy within my job field. I never once felt burdened with the workload, although there was much to learn!
Management needs to be more educated and stronger
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 2, 2017
Too much is relied on the manager, if the manager is not on a friendly basis with you, they will be a lot of added stress to your job.................
Research medical center
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 12, 2017
Large facility with different specialties, which include cancer care, which is top of the line. Cafeteria has good food and the staff is very friendly. Upper management cold.
Pros
staff friendly, food is yummy
Cons
PRN positions instead of full time positions, benefits stink
very fast paced
Emergency Room Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 27, 2017
Very fast paced but management does not see the issues that affect patient care and they do not take advise from staff actually working with patients when something can be made more efficient for patients and their families.
Solid staff members, caring co-workers, exceptional physicians.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 27, 2017
I have the unique opportunity to work with some of the finest healthcare professionals in Kansas City. They are not just my coworkers but they are also my work family.
Staff Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 6, 2017
Received great clinical training byRN preceptors who where patient and knowledgeable. Learned to use what I learned in nursing school for Telemetry units and MICU.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Short breaks
fun
Tray-line Worker (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 26, 2017
fun place to work the coworkers are the best part from when i worked there. I was in high school at the time. But it was overall ok didnt get many hours cause of school
Nice Job
Nurse Intern (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 8, 2017
Learned a lot! Always busy! Nice Nurse! Great for nursing school students. Everyone is always willing to help. Only bad thing is Tech/Nurse patient ratios
It's a productive place to get things done.
PCT/CNA (Current Employee) –  Kansas City MissouriMay 8, 2017
I like working at the hospital it is a family away from home I just want to do something different because I been doing this for 14yrs and I feel I have others things to offer if someone would give me a chance they would see that.
Pros
I love my co-workers and just being around people
Cons
my lunch break isn't long enough.
Fantastic Learning Evironment
RN (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 10, 2017
I have learned so much at Research. The leadership team is dynamic and truly committed. Lots of changes in management which have contributed to a better culture. Research is in the midst of improving the culture and has made vast improvements in quality of care. It is a great time to be at Research!
Pros
committed leadership, great coworkers, caring staff, competitive salaries, clear expectations
Committed to excellence
Imaging Services Team Member (Current Employee) –  RMC, Kansas City MOMarch 10, 2017
Due to the complexity of the patients and procedures performed at RMC, the experience gained from working at the facility is outstanding. It's not a place that just anyone can succeed. Being part of a team that is committed to excellence is why I chose to work and to continue to work at RMC. The work isn't the easiest out there but we are all here to care for each other and our patients. My department works hard to raise the bar of excellence each and every day.
Pros
Teamwork, department leadership, high acuity of patients, cutting edge procedures
Cons
Not everyone will succeed.
Director of Pharmacy (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 6, 2017
This is a hospital that is part of Healthcare Corporation of America. It is all the pluses and minuses of being part of a large corporation. Pay is not the best.
My co workers
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 4, 2017
They make the work day better. There are a lot of other improvements that need to made all the way up to management level. Also the pay grade could be a little better.
Endoscopy center
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 19, 2017
I enjoyed the teamwork aspect of the job. The manager in the GI Lab always jumped in to help when needed. A typical day was very busy and we worked very close with our doctors, anesthesiologists as well as the patients. The best part of the day was being able to work closely with the patients educating them regarding their healthcare.
Pros
Management, the insurance was good if you paid the higher premiums.
Cons
The yearly employee satisfaction surveys were not confidential if they required employee ID numbers, We were schooled to give positive reviews with lunch tickets and other treats, we were told that mistakes were learning experiences and not used as punishment, Not true!
Great learning environment
Medical Surgical Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 13, 2017
Challenging face paced environment. Worked long hours doing floor nursing. Get environment to expand your skill. Wonderful teaching environment. Hard to advance beyond floor nurse though.
Pros
Lunches
Cons
Leadership lenient on poor performers
productive place to work
Registrar/Inpatient Admissions (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 15, 2017
Working here you always knew what your job was if you had any questions and they didn't answer them they would find out that made it easy to want to collect and want to learn more about what we were doing. Very enjoyable place to work.
About this job
Dietary (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 6, 2017
This job is very challenging some times. You have to have a strong mind and heart to take what goes on daily here. You wont always get things that you like. you have to be able to connect with the right manager. This job can be fun or it can feel like its ruining your life and no job should ever feel like that.
Pros
You can meet nice people
Cons
The hours and pay really put a dent in you financial life
Unfriendly management
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 26, 2016
There was a large turnover in managements and nursing. Pt ratio was to high for acuity. This was with paper charting plus paper mars and checking orders plus pt care. LPN's were more helpful than the RN's.
Pros
Experienced LPN's
Cons
Poor management, poor teamwork and unsafe pt/nurse ratio for acuity level
Was staff rn on ortho/neuro /trauma unit very fhad very good new equipment.ast pace.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 9, 2016
active work place,goal to improve patients sense of care from staff to patient..Work balance was fair 4/5 scale.Benefits very good.Job security yet management could not find new job in clinic.Management very open and supportive to me.Lob area very fast/swift changing due to admit/discharges.
Pros
paid for computer time to keep up with new policies, meeting paid time .
Cons
seem at times staff ratio not able to keep up to patiet changes in status

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Research Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval