Reser's Fine Foods Employee Reviews in United States

Lot of Dirty Laundry Hidden To Keep Production High
Quality Assurance Technician III (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJune 23, 2016
Lots of Food Safety issues covered up. Forged documentation before production occurs. Observed food items dropped on the ground and returned to food contact surfaces without being cleaned to save money. Production managers resistant to throwing anything out even if it is a food safety issue. The Quality Assurance pre-operational inspection supervisor at the new century plant takes pride and finds any reason to get employees fired. Very difficult and uncompromising person to work with. Poor pay. High expenditure for insurance coverage taken out of your check through the company once you qualify. Co-pays are high. Difficult if not impossible to advance up the ladder. Raises are only 1 to 2 % added to employee wages. Corporate caps the employee wage increases.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Productive, repectable fun work enviroment
Packer Hand packing (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NCJune 18, 2016
A typical day at work consist of loud noisy machines while standing, stooping and bending for hours. I learned that with a little training and patience I can overcome all obstacles. I learned not to get caught up in everybody business. It's okay to socialize but don't get distracted from your job. I think the hardest part of my job was leaving it to go home because I enjoyed working. I enjoyed making the customers happy. Knowing that the products that I was making was of their interest was my drive to do the job.
Pros
gave away leftover product
Cons
Very Disorganized
Wonderful work environment
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJune 8, 2016
Sales calls
Distrubutor review/Sales calls
Broker reviews
Learned every aspect of Foodservice
Onbase and SDS training
Love my team and broker network
Pros
Positive work environment
Cons
No room for growth
Very Productive and Fast paced working environment.
Pallet Stacker (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NCMay 10, 2016
Everyday it's hard work, you have to get on your grind everyday you come in Reser's. The hard work is what made me dedicated to Reser's Fine Foods, the management was very productive and successful. All of my co-workers worked hard everyday and it showed as we finished our orders on time before we went home. The most enjoyable thing about working for this company was the way the work was set up and how fast and correct all of the work was.
Pros
3 breaks out of the day
Cons
2 short breaks
Many hours of work and much complain for low pay
Quality Assurance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  DeerCreek Topeka Potato Plant, KSMay 7, 2016
Great and challenging place to work at with extremely very high employees turn over, limited time for person programs and some times work is seven days a week.
Pros
Great health benefits
Cons
Low pay and many hours of work for 2nd shift
productive fun great learning experiance
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSApril 28, 2016
Usually work days would go by fast cause we would always stay busy it just gets tiring cause you do the same thing day after day. I learned what all they put in there coleslaw, I learned how to change the blades on the machines and how to run the machines. Management was always on top there jobs for the most part making sure everyone stayed busy doing what there suppose to do and doing it right. My co-workers for the most part were great people to work with and looked out for each other. Honestly I didn't really think any part of the job was hard except I spent 75% of my day at work. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the people I worked with
maintenance dept
Mechanic I (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NCApril 18, 2016
I worked in the maintenance dept. The coworkers were cool but the schedule won't to great. I worked 2nd Shift with only one day off a week.
Pros
experiences
Cons
no time off for family
Reser's Review
Forklift Operator/Loader/Picker/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NCFebruary 10, 2016
I learned how to work in a frigid climate. How to be reliable and work everyday no matter Holiday. I learned to drive a pallet jack and a forklift something that I can take with me the rest of my life.
Pros
Its allowed me to work and grow as a man.
Cons
It was a long distance from my home.
Excessive work expectations for low pay.
Distribution Associate (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSJanuary 15, 2016
The job is physically demanding, a lot of hours, responsibilities, for such a low wage. Working in the freezer, doing all of the billing and shipping of production, as well as loading trucks and all corresponding paperwork. Its not only frustrating but causes undo stress.
Worst place I ever worked...
Mixer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NCJanuary 14, 2016
A horrible place to work!High turnover,poor management!Employees reek of marijuana smells!Hardly any time off because of seven day a week work days!Avoid this place if you can!
Pros
Cons
low pay, long hours, 7 days a week
Good benefits
General Production Laborer (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSAugust 10, 2015
Reser's was the hardest job I have ever worked. I worked, on average, 11 hours a day, on my feet most of the time. It required no cognitive effort to perform my duties. Although I had good benefits, allowing me to get my wisdom teeth removed, most of the time, I didn't know until Friday if I would have to work the weekend.
Pros
Benefits, Understanding management
Cons
Hours, Lack of mental stimulation
Turn over is high
QA tester (Former Employee) –  Vista, caApril 19, 2015
Over the past several years Fresh Creative Foods cannot keep QA and Maintenance Managers. The people in these positions will only stay a year or 2 and then leave quickly. The company has high turnover in the hourly positions because of the low pay.
Pros
Cons
Low pay
Food manufacting company
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSApril 17, 2015
I run the Excello machine at Reser's. I work 12 hours a day 7 days a week. On our slow season it's 5 days.Each day, we produce between 5,000 and 10,000 lbs of food. I have learned how to operate heavy duty machinery and lead a team. I have a great Supervisor, but as a whole management doesn't treat their employees right and they don't care about our outside life. I can do the job it's the long hours that's a little bit overbearing. Especially when you're working 7 days a week. And it doesn't pay enough. I should be making a lot more for the job I do. I have great co-workers. I trained the 4 of them to operate our heavy duty machine and we work well as a team. They are the ones that keep me going at work. Everyone has a positive attitude and easy to work with.
Pros
Cons
Long hours low pay
Vaughan Foods, Oklahoma City
Human Resources Generalist - Payroll/Benefits (Former Employee) –  Vaughan Foods - Oklahoma CityFebruary 4, 2015
I wish everyone there the best of luck as this portion of the company may not survive much longer. Nice people but local management is not strong and upper management (Resers) does not understand Oklahoma Culture. As stated, good group of well intended people but policies and practices do not line up very well.
Pros
nice group of people
Cons
long term employment not good.
Overview
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NCJanuary 16, 2015
I performed duties that were beyond my job title to the degree that additional functions were be added often . The duties that were added were performed at the highest level as well as the duties that were part of my job. My co-workers were a delight to work with. I was able to utilize skills I had developed from jobs that I have had in the past along with the education that I have.
Amazing Employer
Replenishment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bentonville, ARNovember 10, 2014
It has truly been an honor to work with people who care about their work so much and about their employees even more.
Like to celebrate Holidays and participate in community acivities
EDI Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORAugust 25, 2014
Good people that are loyal and friendly. Many long term employees. They do not force retirement on older employees, so have a mix of age groups.
Pros
free lunches and morning bagels occasionally. good healthcare.
Cons
not much vacation, lower than average compensation.
Productive place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  halifax ncJune 25, 2014
monotone
great teamwork
learned how mix different chemicals
Pros
3 breaks
Cons
heavy lifting
family member works there
N/A. (Current Employee) –  n/AJune 14, 2014
He has worked there most of his life.
Not given recognition for what he contributes to the company
He should be making much much more than he makes, for the
skills he has and what he brings to the table.
It isn't all about the "money" its about respect for older workers.
The young people there don't respect him nearly enough and
some of the management people do not take the time to listen to his ideas, thoughts and suggestions. If they did, they might get further.
I see him at night falling asleep within one hour. No social life weekdays. He is always tired. His job takes up his whole day and then some. He is always stressed about co workers not doing their jobs as it falls on his lap. That is not fair.
Pros
knows his job well
Cons
no respect
Lots of heavy machinery, Lots of forklifts
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, Oregon 97006February 4, 2014
I operate stand up forklifts, pallet jacks,I work in the cold, chill, and hot environments.I pull orders for our production such as cups and lids and so forth. I load many trucks throughout the day but i do more receiving them in then any thing. The type of environment is basically everyone speaks Spanish here. The population of the company is 98% Hispanics . I work with great people and always communication on good terms through radio or intercom.

2.8