Reser's Fine Foods Employee Reviews

Reser's Fine Foods
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 19, 2017
Good place to start working your way up. A lot of room for growth within the company. Long hours and long days. must be willing to work 6 to 7 days a week to cover orders.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Working overtime is expected
EXCELLENT, inexpensive benefits
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSJune 15, 2017
Lots of improvement lately in pay and culture. EXCELLENT, inexpensive benefits. Many free meals, treats and raffles for attendance and productivity. Annual family picnic and Thrift is a plus. Overtime in the busy season and free air conditioning. Family atmosphere. A great place to work!
Pros
Free food
Cons
Lots of OT in busy season
Good Company, Great Benefits
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 9, 2017
Reser's Fine Foods has been in Salt Lake City for many years but has now closed the plant here and moved all operations to a sister plant in Topeka, Kansas. Sorry I was not able to finish out my career here as they were a good company to work for.
company barbeque, bonus, christmas party
PLANT SUPERINTENDENT (Former Employee) –  1811 west 1700 southMay 23, 2017
Reser's is typical of food processing plants. The customer is king. Therefore, employees are required to work 6 to 7 days a week to fill customer orders. During the busy season, employees may be required to work 7 days a week and up to 12 hours a day.
It's good for some
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSMay 9, 2017
It's an okay place to work. The pay is low, but the benefits are excellent. The culture could use some improvement. Big divide between management and non-management.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Pay
Great copmpany
Manager of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORApril 13, 2017
Great family owned company. The Resers family believes in taking care of their employees. Promote a safe and enjoyable place to work. My experience here has been positive and rewarding.
Good
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSMarch 27, 2017
Good company to work for, long hours. If you don't like overtime this is not the place for you. Bad turnover because of long hours. They need to offer better training.
Pros
Good benefits, flexible.
Cons
training
You can do better.
Temporary Associate (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSFebruary 23, 2017
A lot was left out of the job description like that fact that you may be pushing 600 to 800 pound containers across the warehouse throughout the entire shift. Many do not roll too well and that makes for an even more frustrating day.

I guess that it's ok if you don't mind having inevitably serious back and joint issues.

Also not the most pleasant atmosphere, even on your first day.

All in all absolutely not worth the pay, not even slightly.
Cons
Almost Everything
Cant accept the truth
No title been in management before (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSFebruary 23, 2017
Too many attitudes towards temps from full time employees. Very lousy one day work one day not. Get rid of the attitudes and discrimination. The full time people don't know how to treat temps in certain areas
Not a fun place to work
Mixer Operator (Current Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCOctober 12, 2016
Reser's is not a great place to work. They don't treat their workers with respect at all. The supervisors show favoritism to certain workers, talk to their workers with no respect & don't never have the product ready to be made. The pay is to low to be working in a plant of it's caliber with little to no days off to spend with your family or love one.
Veggie Prep/ Packer (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSSeptember 11, 2016
it was not very good. people were not working and just walking around slacking. come in to work and there was people always complaining.
great place to work
ROUTE SALES (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORAugust 21, 2016
Resers is a fantastic place to work. They give you the freedom to excel and and make your own way. 100 percent commission on sales.
Very Productive, not a fun place to work.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NCAugust 4, 2016
Reser's work you very hard, 7 days a week & little to no pay at all, & I don't like that. It is extremely cold & very noisy inside the plant.
Pros
Good Health Insurance
Cons
Short breaks, standing the entire time while on the production floor
Lot of Dirty Laundry Hidden To Keep Production High
Quality Assurance Technician III (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJune 23, 2016
Lots of Food Safety issues covered up. Forged documentation before production occurs. Observed food items dropped on the ground and returned to food contact surfaces without being cleaned to save money. Production managers resistant to throwing anything out even if it is a food safety issue. The Quality Assurance pre-operational inspection supervisor at the new century plant takes pride and finds any reason to get employees fired. Very difficult and uncompromising person to work with. Poor pay. High expenditure for insurance coverage taken out of your check through the company once you qualify. Co-pays are high. Difficult if not impossible to advance up the ladder. Raises are only 1 to 2 % added to employee wages. Corporate caps the employee wage increases.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Productive, repectable fun work enviroment
Packer Hand packing (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NCJune 18, 2016
A typical day at work consist of loud noisy machines while standing, stooping and bending for hours. I learned that with a little training and patience I can overcome all obstacles. I learned not to get caught up in everybody business. It's okay to socialize but don't get distracted from your job. I think the hardest part of my job was leaving it to go home because I enjoyed working. I enjoyed making the customers happy. Knowing that the products that I was making was of their interest was my drive to do the job.
Pros
gave away leftover product
Cons
Very Disorganized
Wonderful work environment
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJune 8, 2016
Sales calls
Distrubutor review/Sales calls
Broker reviews
Learned every aspect of Foodservice
Onbase and SDS training
Love my team and broker network
Pros
Positive work environment
Cons
No room for growth
Very Productive and Fast paced working environment.
Pallet Stacker (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NCMay 10, 2016
Everyday it's hard work, you have to get on your grind everyday you come in Reser's. The hard work is what made me dedicated to Reser's Fine Foods, the management was very productive and successful. All of my co-workers worked hard everyday and it showed as we finished our orders on time before we went home. The most enjoyable thing about working for this company was the way the work was set up and how fast and correct all of the work was.
Pros
3 breaks out of the day
Cons
2 short breaks
Many hours of work and much complain for low pay
Quality Assurance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  DeerCreek Topeka Potato Plant, KSMay 7, 2016
Great and challenging place to work at with extremely very high employees turn over, limited time for person programs and some times work is seven days a week.
Pros
Great health benefits
Cons
Low pay and many hours of work for 2nd shift
productive fun great learning experiance
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSApril 28, 2016
Usually work days would go by fast cause we would always stay busy it just gets tiring cause you do the same thing day after day. I learned what all they put in there coleslaw, I learned how to change the blades on the machines and how to run the machines. Management was always on top there jobs for the most part making sure everyone stayed busy doing what there suppose to do and doing it right. My co-workers for the most part were great people to work with and looked out for each other. Honestly I didn't really think any part of the job was hard except I spent 75% of my day at work. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the people I worked with
maintenance dept
Mechanic I (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NCApril 18, 2016
I worked in the maintenance dept. The coworkers were cool but the schedule won't to great. I worked 2nd Shift with only one day off a week.
Pros
experiences
Cons
no time off for family

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Reser's Fine Foods. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8